Monday November 20th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Peanut Butter Fudge Day, Transgender Day of Remembrance, and International Hug a Runner Day

You can do anything with bayonets except sit on them. - Thomas Hardy

Meal Suggestion for today - Easy Chicken Parmesan (Parmigiana)
Drink of the Day - Kentucky Joe
Wine of the Day - Marlborough Vines Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Alotau, Papua New Guinea

Today in History:
1986 World Health Organization announces first global effort to combat AIDS
1902 Geo Lefevre and Henri Desgrange create Tour de France bicycle race

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 11-21

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 11-21

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands eta 11-21

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

Panama Canal, Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa 05:00 - 05:00 ,20:00 - 21 Nov 17:00

Rotterdam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 07:30 - 16:30

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11-22

Zaandam

Santos, Brazil

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Maputo, Mozambique eta 11-21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Lyttelton-Christchurch, New Zealand 08:00 - 20:00

Westerdam

Laem Chabang, Bangkok, Thailand

1120World.png.7aae07f6dc39157ff956c24159c58f73.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 19

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Cruising sister’s hand surgery for trigger finger today

Marshhawk with pulmonary issues during/following her cruise

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

Haljo1935 with gastro issue and her DH with bronchitis

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Lazey1 feeling better after Covid, bronchitis, CHF; still lacking energy

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Crusing-along’s niece Jeannine with MS recurrence

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Heartgrove debarkation - Welcome home!
Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) taking the new motorhome to Quartzsite

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Nickelpenny (Volendam Nov 22 to Dec 10) Circle Hawaii

4 days for Himself (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer

4 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean seafarer/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

5 days for Av8rix (Koningsdam Nov 25 to Jan 6) 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday

6 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Nov 26 to Dec 10) 14n Passage to America, celebrating tk cruiser’s birthday onboard

Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 17

Good morning friends!  Today it is 55F and we expect a high of 65 with cloudy skies.  There is a 40% chance of rain this afternoon.  I hope those traveling this week to be with family for the Thanksgiving holiday are able to work around the upcoming storms and take their patience with them to the airport.🦃

Thanks Rich @richwmn for today's Fleet Report and Daily.  Some interesting days to celebrate but I want to add National Absurdity Day and National Childs Day.  Oh my on the bayonet quote.  The menu suggestion of Easy Chicken Parmesan sounds good.  Once again I'll skip the drink but I like Sauvignon Blanc so thank you for that!  Cheers to the Tour de France bicycle race creation in 1902.  Thanks to our friends Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on the food and beverages.

Prayers for the people of Israel and Ukraine and the poor hostages in danger.  Also for my DB and friends needing extra prayers.  And not to forget the Dailyites who are sick, in pain, and needing medical intervention.  Hope your problems are soon better!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for handling the lists every single day!❤️

Yesterday DDIL traveled home to Michigan for her annual physical appointment today.  DS and Ren fly home later today for the holiday week.  Probably a wise decision since yesterday was a zoo at the airports.  The elder DGS will be home from UCLA to celebrate the holiday with the family too.  DH and I will be here in Georgia.  We will travel to see family at Christmas. 🎄 

The port this morning is Alotau, Papua New Guinea which was a port of the day on April 23, 2023.  We visited there twice during some B2B's in 2017.  I'll post the link for April 23 and my photos following that.  According to Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser she has not yet been there.

Yesterday for some reason I was very energetic and got a lot of chores done around the house.  Lots of cleaning and sweeping, laundry, ironing, etc.  Maybe because it was a day off from morning exercise and I slept in an extra hour.  What's the old saying?  "Make hay while the sun shines"?

Hope you all have a great day!  Stay safe and well.

• Like 30

Here we go on Alotau, PNG.  In 2017 we flew to Sydney and began 4 cruises on Sun Princess.  The first was a circumnavigation and it included a jaunt over to PNG to Alotau.  Then the third cruise was mostly Papua New Guinea so we visited that port again two weeks later.  This is a very poor town so don't expect the Ritz when you go there.  We did see what they call an International hotel which I will show a photo of from the street.  It had a big fence around it so we didn't try to get in.  The view from the ship. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTiF9Z1g6tkGcth9F4a0Cq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563712

Locals dressed up and danced for our arrival.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJBsjdzxH_oFfV7jI280yCQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563759

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLl6DSt37-m4TQDunwNkkvn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605560

There was actually a bus outside the ship but we didn't have a tour and like most others just walked to see the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEDtFp1VpJVqAYox8ye2LN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563866

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIGUKK-zWZNFBmk0tHhdjYX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563875

This must have been the local Walmart.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXR3-x_ljjtJLsF6OTiW-Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563856

I have no idea what this was.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhpdGnDZ_7c4GpC5FX76th?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563887

Homes on the hillside behind us.  I would worry about landslides.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMzbjys_YvsjrLHZ_8Bi6Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563892

We stopped here to see the War Memorial.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgud57vbKKnL7h04e1rj6R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563923

It's called the Milne Bay Memorial.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXJeHBJQ8rVjpOZftwBs-M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606254

Everybody in town seemed very busy trying to sell their goods while the ship was in town.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwwAtt5f9ECPViBb86SVdB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606243

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLb7lNZbnaQ0eVQ_eBcs0aE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606248

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIs7csKH47rDwFJbf_oNbSW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606271

The kids were all dressed up in their native costumes looking for photo opportunities.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbUW_XDo25NrQW65yiGckg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606283

We kept walking.  Uh oh!  Road work ahead!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8HEt1jSeZqFf_VTph3Zvs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606309

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaFs1Hbj9EuX8FKYh5zAqh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606323

Right by the supermarket.  We didn't go in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdxKa3B3SPRCfDjDcVQTEI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606326

Ahh!  Here's the Alotau International Hotel at Milne Bay.  I wonder what the online photos looked like.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYpewZuoJqHHQ17Jct3QrF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606367

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLs7i3scW70dknr6MSV2TE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606379

By now we were probably drenched in sweat so headed back to the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJULKEk2mgTPjQkRAbN0tK9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606380

We walked by this open air market and looked inside but didn't buy anything.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGCYQKdc_9NWaBxhfEm9jF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606421

The flag of PNG.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK52s-XVFCd-MM6TLz6-n-S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606424

Sailaway and a sunset.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFTX1hL7t9whC4eLz6cNsu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606575

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKOdd-NBgXqUjoRVYqqoo4X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513606449

It was Halloween and the waiters at dinner were dressed up as ghouls (or whatever they wanted to).  And the ship was decorated with many carved pumpkins.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJ324avd2MKv03KXkWjEoM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513563805

Well, that's all for Alotau. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

14 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Cruising sister’s hand surgery for trigger finger today

Marshhawk with pulmonary issues during/following her cruise

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

Haljo1935 with gastro issue and her DH with bronchitis

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Lazey1 feeling better after Covid, bronchitis, CHF; still lacking energy

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Crusing-along’s niece Jeannine with MS recurrence

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) taking the new motorhome to Quartzsite

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Nickelpenny (Volendam Nov 22 to Dec 10) Circle Hawaii

4 days for Himself (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer

4 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean seafarer/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

5 days for Av8rix (Koningsdam Nov 25 to Jan 6) 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday

6 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Nov 26 to Dec 10) 14n Passage to America, celebrating tk cruiser’s birthday onboard

Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

Vanessa, I like the bolding of the cruisers' names on the cruising list.  It helps to pick out each person and their dates of cruises.  Great idea!

• Like 25

Kentucky Joe cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Original
1/2 part Galliano® Ristretto
1/2 part Pineapple Juice
3 parts Ginger Beer
2 Lime Wedges
Garnish with
Mint Sprig

Instructions
Squeeze lime wedges into glass and drop in. Measure and pour in Jim Beam, Ristretto and pineapple juice. Fill glass completely with ice. Top with ginger beer, garnish and serve.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 7.00.43 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 16

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Yeah to a shortened work week, only three days.  Yesterday I packed for this weekend’s trip and mostly packed for our December cruise.  I like a good piece of peanut butter fudge.  My favorite is from Provincetown but the fudge store at Kitchen Kettle is a close second.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me.  Decades ago I would get a bag of chicken patties from the Weavers outlet store and top them with sauce and cheese, that was easy.  I hope everyone has a good day.

image.thumb.png.48a57e975eb5e780b4e787ca18f9b744.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 10

Good early Monday morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet reports!  I don't know a runner but if I find one I will hug them and I will celebrate the other 2 days!  Funny quote and I wonder if there is an underlying meaning.  The meal sounds good and I wonder what the ingredients are for the drink.  Pass on the wine and some day I will get to Papua New Guinea.  The global effort to combat AIDS was a game changer and the Tour de France - oh, my, no way could I attempt something so grueling.  

Up early as I have to go to Phoenix for my last appt for the Flu/RSV study.  I will come back and then go to the chiropractor.  Though it was not on my list of things to do yesterday, I finished packing.  I had bought a larger hard side luggage - mainly for my TA next year - that I thought I would try out.  I am sure I overpacked but there was plenty of room and I didn't need to compress my packing cubes.  Full it was only around 40# so all is well there.  As I am only flying home (driving over to San Diego in a rental), I think I am ok.  

Another cool morning at 49F and the humidity is down to 54% but we will only get up to mid 60s.  A friend/family of the little girl who was killed in the tragic accident at one of our elementary schools last Friday started a ***** for her funeral.  They were asking for $20k and last time I checked they already have $24K from nearly 500 donors.  This has really rocked our FW community.  The district is so small and a lot of the teachers went to this district.  One preschool, 6 elementary, 1 Junior High, 1 HS and 1 alternative HS.  It is just so sad and my heart breaks for her family.

Very sad to hear Rosalynn Carter passed away yesterday.  RIP.

Off to get ready to hit the road.  Thoughts for the entire world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!!

IMG_1470.JPG.65c7be0c0ef4db8a99751a324b96dcc5.JPGIMG_1469.thumb.JPG.464fdd1e984f70fff65a39f36f924fc9.JPGIMG_1468.thumb.JPG.77a250740a5f94b428bc07d09eae6fa5.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Happy Monday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

I like the meal of the day and may try the drink of the day. 

Chilly but sunny today. Has that winter feel to it. 

I have a few papers to grade today and then a brief massage scheduled. I have some chores around the house to do. Should be a relaxing week. I do have to wrestle with my cat chase to get his ears cleaned. I actually have to wrap in in a towel and have my sister practically sit on him. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.43cc38a836420b70288e282deb10d7cf.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 4

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich. It is another lovely morning here. Yesterday was a picture perfect kayaking morning. By going early we avoided all but three power boats on the Intercoastal, saw White & Blue herons, ducks, egrets and lots of fish jumping for joy. The water level was so high. Last week’s rain certainly helped. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. Praying that relief from your pain comes soon. 

Gym, grocery store for a couple of items, Bindi walks and chores. 

IMG_2028.jpeg.41dcd9e6afe64fb72db0dcff3a72838f.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg.b6475603bc4493dee34efe60909c1a29.jpeg

IMG_1998.jpeg.edfc3ea114f957c6fad65c6ac2f1fec0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially those dealing with debilitating pain or conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @smitty34877 Terry enjoy yourself this week & breath!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Marlborough Vines Sauvignon Blanc

Another lovely New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.  Easy to find. Easy on the budget. Consumers rate it very good - excellent.  Online prices start at $11.99.

Distributor notes

Delightful hues of pale straw sparkle in glass. The nose has aromas of citrus and dried herbs with hints of passion fruit and gooseberry. The palate features classic Marlborough tropical and herbal flavors. The finish is long and clean with a balancing, bright acidity.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich

& thanks to Ann, Dixie, Debbie & Vanessa.

Good collection of days.  The only runner I know is Ivan and he gets hugs everyday, of course 😉. LOL on the Hardy quote.  The meal sounds good and the Sauvignon Blanc while not my favourite, is pretty tasty 👍   A very important day in history for AIDS sufferers.

IMG_1205.jpeg.0d267e907ed4d08857edce3dd3f2b68c.jpeg

Another cold one here - story of my life for the next few months. I’m just glad we didn’t get the snow that the weatherman threatened as today is the start of final leaf clean up.  The stubborn leaves that have refused to fall will have to wait for the spring but the storm and rain brought down a number of them, thankfully.  The trees DD DH and I planted are lovely until we get to this time of the year 😉   The one Maple and Linden love to hang onto their leaves as long as they can. ‘Sigh’

IMG_1720.thumb.jpeg.5e52ff159e7d1c656878a21d04941ea1.jpeg

Hoping to get a couple more boxes done and finish the labelling and sealing and find a place for them all so things aren’t so cluttered.   I’d like to put some out but I’m afraid that the freezing temperatures may damage some of the more fragile things.

IMG_1212.thumb.jpeg.853802d45724632f5f53775f23247ebb.jpeg

@lazey1 so glad to hear you are improving 👍 

@marshhawk your report yesterday was a full day - I hope that means you are starting to feel better.

@Cruising-along enjoy your lunch with your BFF today.  So glad to hear that the test was negative 👍

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries and those that need them 🙏 .  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1722.thumb.jpeg.3c59b73f44f938ef0a5eaeeb6fe793ce.jpeg

Have a good Monday everyone.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Good morning from NE New Jersey. It’ll take some getting used to!  It’s 31F, sunny and perfectly clear. A beautiful day. 

Granddaughter and her husband were with us yesterday. They are a huge help. They’ll be back tomorrow, giving us today to recover! Today I’ll venture out to get a few groceries. First drive out, need to find the grocery store!  Perhaps try to figure our the new washer/dryer to get some laundry done. 

Another pleasant supper in the dining room last night with grandkids, but we have to learn the reservation system and reserve more in advance, last night when we tried to reserve for tonight there we’re no time slots were available for tonight or for tomorrow with our grandkids. I think one can get on a waitlist, or a walk-in queue…. I’m sure they’ll feed us in one of the several venues. Gotta learn the ropes. 

@seagarsmoker praying for Amazing results from your job search!  

Blessings all!  It’ll be a busy week for folks in the US getting ready for Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. Every day!  Thank you all for being here and for all you support and encouragement though our move. Now our transition phase begins, a new chapter of life. It’s exciting!  

@smitty34877 Thinking of you Terry, and those at home have got your back!  Enjoy your time away. 

Smooth travels to all away.  Peace in our hearts, families and countries!  
Maureen 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a cool Van Horn where it's 50F.  Unfortunately, we'll have 20+ mph winds for a couple of hours this morning.  Then, it will drop to more acceptable levels.  I just hope there are no gusts like we experienced yesterday.  🫰  This motorhome is about 10,000 pound lighter than our old one, so it is affected by the wind more.

Since I do not like peanut butter, Jake @Crazy For Cats can have my share.  I'll celebrate the other two days.

The Thomas Hardy quote is interesting.

I'm interested in seeing Debbie's recipes for easy chicken Parmesan,  I think my air fryer recipe is fairly easy.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

As Sandi @StLouisCruisers said, we have not been to today's port.  We have been to Papua New Guinea, but to Rabaul on New Britain Island. 

The WHO global effort to fight AIDS was a start to turning this terrible disease into a chronic one.  I wish there was a way to prevent it.

Watching the Tour de France each year is always interesting.

@StLouisCruisers  Safe travels to your DS and the DGSs this week.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I too like the bolding of the names in the list of those cruising.

@Nickelpenny Safe travels to Phoenix and to San Diego.

@cat shepard  Ann, I'm glad the kayaking was good yesterday. 

@seagarsmoker Good luck on with the job search.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning,

I had a rough night with 3 hours of GI upset. I don’t know if is something I ate or a very quick virus. I feel better this morning and I am quickly washing the bedding and disinfecting high touch surfaces. I leave for my surgery at 11 and my son will be staying with me afterwards (they insisted). Hopefully later tonight I will feel alert enough and can send him home. Secretly I think he wants to watch the Chiefs game in peace at my house. 

I easily fit what I needed in the 2 luggage forward bags and I will probably add to them before the 14th. It is really getting close and I have both apprehension and excitement. 

I better go. Prayers for all and have a great day. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I had a rough night with 3 hours of GI upset. I don’t know if is something I ate or a very quick virus. I feel better this morning and I am quickly washing the bedding and disinfecting high touch surfaces. I leave for my surgery at 11 and my son will be staying with me afterwards (they insisted). Hopefully later tonight I will feel alert enough and can send him home. Secretly I think he wants to watch the Chiefs game in peace at my house. 

I easily fit what I needed in the 2 luggage forward bags and I will probably add to them before the 14th. It is really getting close and I have both apprehension and excitement. 

I better go. Prayers for all and have a great day. 

Sorry about the GI issues. I will send prayers for you today for your surgery. I am glad you will have help tonight.

• Like 20

Good Morning!  Liberty and Bell have received a presidential pardon.  They will be returned to the farm.IMG_8615.thumb.jpeg.a6724b17c2ca8b0e7bd6f6aa8eb98df7.jpeg

I am familiar with Hardy but couldn’t place the context of the quote.  I believe today’s quote should be attributed to Talleyrand, Napoleon’ Bonaparte’s Foreign Minister who said: "... My Lord, you can do anything you like with bayonets, except sit on them... ". This seems to indicate that the military of the French Empire could not stay idle and be said to serve Bonaparte’s goals. In other words, Napoleon had to make the decision to move forward with his campaign or die by failing to act. Another explanation of the quote could be while you can take land by military force you cannot rule by military force. 

Edited by 0106
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Good morning from sunny New Hampshire where it is presently 29 and going up to 34 it so.

I arrived yesterday around two and discovered that their nine month old golden doodle had to have emergency surgery that morning. He had swallowed a sock and was quite ill. We went to visit last night before dinner and the poor guy looked so sad. I told the DGC’s that I still keep all laundry up and away from both dogs . Our dogs are ten and eleven but still require a fair amount of supervision.

DS and DDIL get up each day to run in the dark. They got hugs before leaving for work. Someone can have my peanut butter as I am not a fan. I look forward to the recipe but will not cook anything for a week. The DGC’s are learning to cook and assist at mealtime. I will have to work on my teenager at home  to do the same thing.

I am going out to lunch with the other grandma . She is always such fun to be with. I will bundle up to do so.

Enjoy the day everyone!

• Like 33

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I don't think I've ever had peanut butter fudge, but then I'm not a huge fan of fudge at the best of times.  Just too much sweetness - perhaps if you cut it with something salty, it might make it more enjoyable for me.  Remembering the transgendered people who have been victims of violence.  Don't know any runners, but would hug one if I did.  R.I.P. Rosalynn Carter; bless her soul for all the good she did here on this earth on her own and alongside her dear husband.

We had a great afternoon/evening yesterday with my cousin (from my birth family).  She and I were born 3 days apart in the same hospital . . . we figured my birth mother must have slipped out the side door of this small hospital when my Uncle brought my Aunt in to give birth, otherwise they would have seen each other and my birth would not have been a secret.  It was so nice getting together, as we haven't seen one another for almost 2 years - it was good catching up on the family happenings.

It's dark and cool right now, we're sitting at +4 (39F) and we're looking at high of +5 . . . not much of a stretch temperature wise, but at least it isn't 30 below.  Yesterday our city held it's annual Santa Claus parade and because of the weather, there was an outstanding turnout of families to watch it.  I remember taking our son to the parade a couple of times, having to bundle up in parkas, toques, scarves, mitts, big boots, and bringing a sleeping bag to wrap around us to keep warm. 

Not a lot on our agenda today, but definitely have to go out and get some distilled water for our CPAPs, as I used emptied the big jug last night.  I'm going to give the drink of the day a pass, as well as the wine, but do look forward to seeing the recipes for today's menu suggestion.  We'll be having leftovers from last night's dinner consisting of lemon garlic shrimp pasta and coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, those who are travelling for the Thanksgiving holiday, those who are in pain or ill.  Cheers to all with celebrations going on.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Daily-ites 

Another calm morning with overcast skies. 

Our prayer list is growing 🙏. Know we are thinking of all who are suffering illness and pain.

Friends stopped by "just for a few minutes" and left at 11:30. We exchanged Christmas gifts and had a few glasses of wine. Love our neighbors ❤️ 

Today is DH dental check up and we will go to lunch after. Not much more on my to do list.

I'm hoping everyone has safe travels for the Thanksgiving holiday. Looks like our North Eastern neighbors may have some icky weather.

Wishing you a wonderful week. Be kind.

Praying for all the unrest and pain in our world today.

• Like 28

Good Monday morning everyone!  Sad day with the passing of our former first lady Rosalyn Carter.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports @richwmn.   No runners to hug,   The other two days are important.   Thanks for the definition of sitting on the bayonet @0106.  Napolean movie opens tomorrow.   An important day in history when the AIDS outbreak was recognized as a world wide problem.   The meal sounds like a winner, the drink too fussy but today's vino sounds wonderful.  We love SB here.    

Prayers for everyone on our care list.   I pray that our group is getting some relief from their pain.   Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.  Prayers that the hostages can be released.   @RMLincoln thanks for the update on your progress settling into your new home.

John must be getting excited about our upcoming cruise, he has just brought his three suitcases upstairs.  We drive so we can pack as much as we can haul.   He started the day saying we should get ready and go to Costco when they open to get my Christmas present.  I asked him why he thought I went to Walmart at 8:30 on Friday to shop for Thanksgiving.  We aren't going to face that stampede.  I did get a beautiful sunrise photo this morning, I got it and went back to bed to watch the new until 8am.   Lots of house cleaning for company here on Thursday.   We are only having four guests.  Have a nice Monday!  Nancy  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. So far it’s clear and 60 degrees but this  afternoon will climb to 75 degrees. Tomorrow looks like a wash out and a possibility of strong storms. We both have our orthopedic appointment’s today and praying we both get green flags.

My Sue has donated heavily to New Zealand and Marlborough Wine’s economy.

Turkey is out starting it’s thaw and I can tell we our having cooler weather as there will be two loads of laundry due to the extra bulk of cold weather clothes.

Have not been to today’s port of call but if all goes right that will be checked off next year.

Just want to say thankful to all that post and especially those who post the featured postings. Lot’s of time and loyalty there.

@rafinmd Roy if I’m read yesterday’s post from your transit  you watched your live in person transit on the web cam? 😊Seriously did you see any actual signs of the drought and has there been any recent relief from rain. By other reports there appears to be quite the back up on both oceans awaiting passage.

Have a great day everyone and wishes for safe and timely travel for those traveling this week. Bruce

image.jpeg.64cef17800cb1bbdcc53252e2dd1b880.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a94a16a53580c4370a0150a13065602a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.192165538a0656d1839950890d2deb05.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.06d97579e5e21a3bfe24dd372371e90f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5c7dc90178ff62618c390bf6be8c2a29.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.149b605bec9228a60a4b84c1237deb77.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 22

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Hopefully things will begin to dry out. We did not have any flooding in my immediate area but several places did, Golf course for one. There is a lot of erosion on the beach, but hopefully it will fill in.

We were in Papua last fall. My pictures are the same as Sandi`s @StLouisCruisers. We also walked around the town. Very Hot even for this Floridian.

Sorry to see the Care List growing. I hope that all are feeling better soon.

Today heading to Orlando for the appointments that were rescheduled during last weeks storms. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25