Sunday December 3rd, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is International Day of Persons with Disabilities, National Green Bean Casserole Day, and Let's Hug Day

My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger. - Billy Connolly

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegetarian Mushroom Barley Soup
Drink of the Day - Stars And Stripes Bloody Mary
Wine of the Day - Wild Pig Viognier
Destination of the Day - Puerto Limon (San Jose), Costa Rica

Today in History:
1967 1st human heart transplant performed in South Africa by Dr. Christiaan Barnard on Louis Washkansky

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 08:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 12-05

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas 09:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal 08:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Montt, Chile eta 12-04

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Hilo, Hawaii Island 08:00 - 18:00

Zaandam

Parintins, Brazil Amazon 08:00 - 14:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Takoradi, Ghana eta 12-06

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Melbourne, Victoria Australia eta 12-06

Westerdam

Benoa, Indonesia Destination Probolinggo, Java Indonesia eta 12-05

1203World.thumb.png.00f863ec4cc944b68adb993285040a79.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 20

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Ger_77’s friend Wayne hospitalized with heart issues

Superoma’s good friend Dena hospitalized with a foot pain, ?vasculitis

Heartgrove and DW Sue recovering from Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Damage to grapau27’s property due to water main break

RIP Sandra Day O'Connor

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Mamaofami’s extensive dental work

57redbird needing spinal fusion 

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage RedNeckBob!

Welcome home Norseh2o, Himself, Niagarawine!

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & photo shared!

Rafinmd safely home

Cruising-along with good report from the Nephrologist

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

7 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

7 days for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

7 days for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

7 days for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage- 

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii)Av8rix(Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 17

Good morning.

It is 1°C here at 11.50am.

We have a 2 inch covering of snow.

Thank you Rich for today's daily reports and Vanessa for all of the important lists.

I hope everyone likes Father David's sermon.

3 important days especially for those of us with disabilities.

Laughable quote.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

Prayers 🙏 for the well being of all on our care list and for Roy @rafinmd that he is home safe and feeling a lot better.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day 

IMG_20231203_092200.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  The kids had me awake way too early so I did get to see the Rotterdam arrive this morning.  Today promises to be a wet day.  During yesterday’s errands I picked up some mocha mint coffee at Aldi, I’ll be getting some more if it’s still in stock.  I think a Target run is in order today, then laundry and possibly a nap.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
2019 St Thomas

8B2EBF65-9DC2-488C-A628-5B242806AF75.thumb.jpeg.4f0b5b54cdd8473339fef4577bac3594.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  We had a warm night and are 63F right now.  High will be 67 and cloudy so pretty steady temperature wise.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday Dec. 3.  I'm sorry to hear Georgia lost to Alabama yesterday.  29 straight wins over 3 seasons and then suddenly a bad day for the team.😢

I'm happy to hear it's International Day of Persons with Disabilities Day.  My DB is considered disabled due to his injuries in a bad auto accident in the 90's.  And now he has Pulmonary Fibrosis as well.  It's not easy for our disabled people and we should be considerate of their limitations every day.  I didn't have green bean casserole for Thanksgiving so maybe we should do that soon. It's one of my fave dishes for the holidays.  I like Let's Hug Day!  Today's quote is humorous and those are my favorite type.  The soup today is a new variety.  I can't wait to hear how they make a Bloody Mary starred and striped!  I might like the wine today if it is a white one.  And I recall when the first heart transplant happened.  A major breakthrough in medical science.  Thanks to our gals Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports.❤️

Prayers for all on the Care list.  Many of us, our family and friends are in need of help and I hope the prayers are doing some good.  Prayers for those in Israel and Ukraine who have lost their loved ones and homes.  May all the hostages be returned safely soon.  Special prayers for DB, Scott and Bob and their wives.  🙏  Three cheers for the lucky people celebrating the good things in their lives. 🥂 Birthday, anniversaries, cruises, and team wins! 🎉 Glad to hear Roy @rafinmd is home and hopefully settling in.  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists and all the hard work involved in keeping them updated.  Hope you are doing okay sleep and pain wise while you await answers to your leg problem.  Wishing you good luck on getting the work on your radiator and floors complete.❤️

Our port today is Puerto Limon (San Jose), Costa Rica.  It was posted here once on November 9, 2021.  I haven't been to that particular Costa Rican port before so no photos to share.  Here's the link to the 2021 date.

My congrats to the Michigan football team and the Notre Dame men's soccer teams for their winds last night.  Big Ten Champions and final four for the soccer College Cup.  Hope you all stay safe and well.  And have a great day!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Daily-ites.

Pulling into port in Florida on the beautiful Rotterdam. I'm so happy to stay on board, I'm not ready to go!

Thank you Graham for Father David's sermon. 

Prayers lifted for those suffering. We've had some good news and good reports though, so thankful for that. I hope Roy gets plenty of rest and gets stronger.

Disability day is so important. My sweet husband uses a wheelchair after several strokes.

I must confess I'm one who always thinks of Lone Ranger when I hear the WTO. 

I'm interested in the meal of the day. Will check back later for the recipe.

But for now we are headed to breakfast.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Our rain gauge is overflowing so unofficially we have received over 5” of rain and there may be more to come. Our manicotti dinner last night was very good.

We’ll be going to church services this morning and then no big plans for the rest of the day.

Not much else to talk about. Still Iin wake up mode awaiting coffee to do its job. Roy glad your home and hope you can quickly get some follow-up appointments.

Thank for the reports and enjoy the day. Bruce

image.jpeg.c4cadf8dae8bc92b7f7f4f3a42e0b8bc.jpegimage.jpeg.be4fcbc6478168cff6e68157f3c5cecd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.10c80040c3e3b1ad69808f5430fae2a1.jpegimage.jpeg.3d7acc27488626296f6e7ae9288a015d.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 17
  • Haha 23

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's just above freezing here, and most of our snow has melted.  I'm sure there will be more coming soon, good thing Bertie doesn't mind.  I watched football and baked a Christmas cake yesterday.  I think for today, I'll watch football and bake Christmas cookies. 

Three good days.  We must be mindful of people with disabilities, some of them are not obvious.  I haven't made green bean casserole in years.  I like to hug my hubby.

Amusing quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I hope the wine is good.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  I hope there are lots of reasons to celebrate.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

• Like 32

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites.

Pulling into port in Florida on the beautiful Rotterdam. I'm so happy to stay on board, I'm not ready to go!

Thank you Graham for Father David's sermon. 

Prayers lifted for those suffering. We've had some good news and good reports though, so thankful for that. I hope Roy gets plenty of rest and gets stronger.

Disability day is so important. My sweet husband uses a wheelchair after several strokes.

I must confess I'm one who always thinks of Lone Ranger when I hear the WTO. 

I'm interested in the meal of the day. Will check back later for the recipe.

But for now we are headed to breakfast.

Thank you Joy.

I'm so pleased to hear you are both having a wonderful cruise.

Best wishes to 2 lovely people.

Graham.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Stars and Stripes Bloody Mary cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Anejo Tequila
1/2 part Agave Nectar
1 part Lime Juice
6-8 Blueberries
2 parts Hornitos® Reposado Tequila
1 1/2 parts Bloody Mary Mix
Cayenne Pepper
Salt
Pepper, Black

Instructions
Muddle blueberries and 1/2 part lime juice in a glass. Add Hornitos® Anejo tequila and agave nectar. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into shot glass. Separately, add Hornitos® Reposado, Bloody Mary mix and 1/2 part lime juice to a shaker. Shake and serve in a second shot glass half rimmed with a salt, pepper and cayenne mixture.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 7.21.18 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 19

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, Dixie, and Graham.  I'll pass on the casserole and celebrate the other days, as well as the first heart transplant.

I must admit to thinking about the Lone Ranger.  I have been to Puerto Limon twice.  I found nothing of interest locally but it is a gateway to central Costa Rica.

The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is .  Chilled Carrot and Orange Bisque, Ribbon Zucchini Risotto, and a Butterscotch Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 13, 2013.

Off soon for groceries before online church.

Roy

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 1°C here at 11.50am.

We have a 2 inch covering of snow.

Thank you Rich for today's daily reports and Vanessa for all of the important lists.

I hope everyone likes Father David's sermon.

3 important days especially for those of us with disabilities.

Laughable quote.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

Prayers 🙏 for the well being of all on our care list and for Roy @rafinmd that he is home safe and feeling a lot better.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day 

IMG_20231203_092200.jpg

Are you sure this is New England and not England! 😀

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich!  A cloudy, humid, warm start to the day. Green bean casserole has its own day?🤔

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our happenings. Praying that your medical team can find a solution to your pain - soon. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, a visit with family and some final Christmas decorating. 

IMG_2024.jpeg.90834d01cf9f99261e7a005b5ab36222.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg.ac08dd0632fe3f0179d5bbcd8c580e0d.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg.da06f053b798b89d6d3ecb5eebdd192b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those dealing with debilitating pain or conditions. @smitty34877 Terry, you are the only one who knows what is right for you. No one else. Think of you & Tana every day. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @rafinmd Roy, hope you made it home safely. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Wild Pig Viognier

What a great name! Consumers rate this French Viognier very good - excellent. Easy to find and very easy to try at its reasonable price. I think I need to try this one too. Online prices start at $8.99.

Winemaker notes
Located in the Languedoc area, the vineyards spread from the banks of the Rhône river in the East to the city of Carcassonne in the West, from the foothills of the Massif Central mountains in the North to the Mediterranean Sea in the South.
VINIFICATION
- Harvesting is done in the early morning, during the coolest period of the day. - The grapes are de-stemmed, crushed and pressed in modern pneumatic presses.
- The must is refrigerated and allowed to settle for 24 to 48 hours.
- The clear juice is drawn off and fermented using selected yeast.
- Temperature is regularly controlled to ensure that it does not exceed 16°C (60.8°F)
- The wine is cold-filtered to avoid malolactic fermentation.
TASTING NOTES
Pale gold colour with bright green tints; an elegant and well balanced wine with dry apricots aromas and a long and harmonious finish.
WINE WAITER’S ADVICE
Best when served cool between 10-12°C (50-52°F).
Delicious by itself as an aperitif or accompanied with white meats and salads. Enjoy now and over the next 2 to 3 years.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

24 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Our rain gauge is overflowing so unofficially we have received over 5” of rain and there may be more to come. Our manicotti dinner last night was very good.

We’ll be going to church services this morning and then no big plans for the rest of the day.

Not much else to talk about. Still Iin wake up mode awaiting coffee to do its job. Roy glad your home and hope you can quickly get some follow-up appointments.

Thank for the reports and enjoy the day. Bruce

image.jpeg.c4cadf8dae8bc92b7f7f4f3a42e0b8bc.jpegimage.jpeg.be4fcbc6478168cff6e68157f3c5cecd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.10c80040c3e3b1ad69808f5430fae2a1.jpegimage.jpeg.3d7acc27488626296f6e7ae9288a015d.jpeg

Those three ships are missing the world “Dam” at the end of their names. 😀

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

& thanks Debbie, Dixie, Ann & Vanessa.

Good collection of days - especially the day of persons with disabilities.  That should be celebrated every day.  I’ll honour hug day by hugging Ivan 😉. LOL on the Connolly quote.  I work in reverse.  When it first came out I couldn’t understand why the Lone Ranger was using William Telll’s music.  I knew the music before I met the Lone Ranger.

IMG_1273.jpeg.3574d18b5da2261efa42180420ab14f3.jpeg

Puerto Limon is often featured on the Panama Canal cruises.  Costa Rica is stunning and it is well worth it to get a good guide and see some of it.  Dr. Barnard certainly changed medicine when he performed the first successful heart transplant.  

More rain today - as long as it doesn’t freeze, it’s ok with me since the alternative is that 4 letter word that begins with an S - it’s coming though. Sounds like we are getting dumped on the first of the week.  Good test for my new snow removal people 🤞 

IMG_1697.jpeg.111146ab89475a1c1a73e6a19cfe61de.jpeg

Nice time at my neighbour’s get together yesterday and my charcuterie board turned out very well 👍  Long list of things to do today - including a bit of clean up outside for some branches and Ivan & re-arranging compost & garbage in prep for the snow that is coming whether it’s raining or not.  I’m sure Ivan will be a big help.  😂 

IMG_1259.thumb.jpeg.02f283d2e946a2ccd8d6611065616a53.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries and those that need them. 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  🥂 

IMG_1272.jpeg.01c09733841737d3f89c19b3bd885334.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 30
  • Haha 12

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Today's quote makes me smile!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 32