Sunday December 3rd, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Rain and mild in northern NJ. I slept well but coughing this morning. One day at a time. 

We watched Alabama win over Georgia, seemed to me they deserved the win. We’ll look forward to the playoffs. 

Right now DH is sorting through a dozen DocuSign emails for the condo offer. 

I woke up this morning feeling confused about a form I filled out for records transfer for DH’s eye doctor. I think we need to look into it again. The form didn’t have the name or fax number of the place where the records are now in Maryland, only where they will be received. I’m confused!  

Blessings to all! I hope everyone in need is hanging in there today!  
I hope everyone away or celebrating has a grand day!  

@smitty34877 Terry, hugs to you!  One day a time means you don’t have to have a plan now!  Just be you today! Seems like that’s quite enough!  Remember:  We’re on your side 😉

I’ll see how our day unfolds, tons that should be getting done but not up to it, not yet. Just glad to be able to get out of bed and do the basics. Life is Good!  👍 

Thanks all for being here. Thanks for the Puerto Limon photos, we missed that port due to a storm and a diversion for a medical evacuation. 

Sorry it snowed on your mess Graham!  More mess and delays but glad you have water on!  

Safe travels to Mexico today Lenda! Check back in later please!  

Maureen 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a cool, drizzly Boston.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Three good days to recognize, a lot of progress has been made to make life easier for those with disabilities with more to be done.  Love green bean casserole and hugs.  Fun quote although the Lone Ranger may have run its course when I was little as I don’t remember ever watching it.  The meal suggestion sounds great but I think I’ll pass on the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on the prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today,

• Like 28

Morning all. Sunny and cold but it will warm up later.... high today in the low 40's and predicted for the next week as well. Things are thawing. I should be able to get stuff into both the dumpster and the recycling bin this afternoon. I used to have the WTO on my cell phone as my ring tone. Was appropriate at the time.

Still plodding along with all my sorting and getting clothes ready for the cruise. I don't have a lot of clothes to go through although my closets seem full... mainly with things I need to get rid of .... Durango is not a dressy place and I am not buying new things. This is probably the last long cruise I will take so I am glad I have free laundry and several mix and match outfits.

Soooo better get moving. Glad Roy is home. Best wishes to everyone. More later.

Susan

• Like 27

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

We should certainly be mindful of people with disabilities and their needs (I temporarily feel in that category). Some green bean casseroles are good, others not. Dailyite group hug!! Cute quote. The meal sounds good (I like cream of mushroom soup). Pass on the drink and wine. I have not been to Puerto Limon; we were supposed to stop in Costa Rico on my PC cruise, but we didn't (BFF says due to port damage from a storm). An important day in medical history.

It's rainy and cloudy here today, but mild, in the 50's. Not much new with me. I did manage to get the wreath on the door and 2 little trees outside yesterday. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Pain is the same. I might try to do some baking today, if I can do it with mainly sitting on a high stool in the kitchen. I'm hoping to get the last of the fans out of the house tomorrow, then have the insurance field rep come out. 

@RedneckBob Bon Voyage to you and Mrs. RNB!

@Norseh2o @Himself @Niagarawine Welcome Home!

@grapau27 I read that there's lots of snow in Europe; I saw Munich had to close the airport yesterday.

@StLouisCruisers I hope to know more about both my house and health this week, although the Neurosurgery office may not call since I have an upcoming appointment in a couple of weeks (I should be able to see the MRI report in my online chart though). 

@Seasick Sailor I'm sure it's much more fun to be staying onboard. Enjoy!

@aliaschief That's a lot of rain! Hopefully no flooding there.

@rafinmd I'm glad you got home safely, Roy. Take it easy and get some rest.

@Denise T Good to hear that Chase is being treated and seems a bit better.

@ger_77 Continued good thoughts for your friend Wayne. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels today. 

@dfish I like the first recipe, but it says I need access to google docs.

@cruising sister I'm glad both DB and you are recovering well. 

@smitty34877 Similar to you there wasn't hugging when I was growing up. A family here sort of "adopted" me when I first moved here, and they were big huggers, so I joined in hesitantly at first and now like hugs. Oh my on that unsolicited advice! You do what's best for you.

@ottahand7 Thanks for the photos.

@marshhawk Enjoy your dinner with your friends. I hope Furnando's eye improves with seeing the vet.

@kochleffel I had to laugh at the "I Love You A Latke" shirts.

@RMLincoln Take it easy until you are feeling 100%.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday. It was really cold (for us) this morning our low was 35F, and will warm up to 66F. 

I have just caught up with yesterday’s Daily. 

Thank you all for your kind wishes and helpful suggestions for my struggles with seeing.  Especially, @grapau27 @SusieKIslandGirl @57redbird @lazey1 .  However, I have rimless glasses and they would just fall apart if the lens was out. I thought of doing the taping on the lens but instead have just used a tissue to cover up the lens when reading. I’ve found watching TV is easier without my glasses. It feels like I’m constantly taking them off and on, something I’m not used to doing. Thank goodness my next surgery is Thursday. My surgeon said having them done a week apart would be the best thing for me, which is why I had to wait two months for surgery. 

Joy, @Seasick Sailor, I’m sure he isn’t the same Jun, but could you ask him anyway how long he’s been with HAL?  We had a Jun about 23 years ago, I think it was the Veendam, and we were on several cruises with him. What a fantastic person he was!

That is all for me today. Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Addition
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to everyone from a misty Hilo Hawaii!  Three great days to celebrate, love the quote and I will be in today’s port on my next cruise!

Yesterday was a fantastic excursion to the Volcanic National Park, a black sand beach and a coffee plantation in Kona. The tour guide - Nate - was fantastic!!

Been having the best time. Love the islands but since I did go to the USS Arizona I have no desire to return to Honolulu. 

More Christmas decorations going up around the ship and it is getting festive!

Have a great day everyone!

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, Denise T said:

Chase's ear infection is being treated. He seems a little less miserable today. 

That is good to hear 👍 

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

We went to see our friend Wayne yesterday and although he's looking good, his legs and feet are still terribly swollen.  He said the swelling had gone down considerably, but we were surprised to see they still looked like tree trunks - this on a normally slender man.  Last night we heard from him that his heart is still racing, so today they will do a cardioversion where they shock the heart (like using an AED) to get it back into a normal rhythm.  Hopefully that takes care of the problem.

I hope the AED helps Wayne 🙏. My prayers continue for him 🙏 

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

DS is coming over later this morning and getting the big screen TV from the downstairs family room. It was bought just before DH died and is never used. I have a new one on the main floor and hate to see it get old downstairs with no one watching.

What a lovely  gesture 👍. Your DS has been such a boon and is so deserving.

4 hours ago, cruising sister said:

DB is healing up well. He is released to walk on it. He is like a bull in a china closet so I hope he takes it easy. My hand is coming along nicely. I am surprised how the tendon is stiff and I need to keep exercising it. I am glad I got the earlier date. 

So glad to hear your DB is healing well 👍.   And even better that your hand is coming along.  Keep up the physio on your tendon and hopefully all will be good 🙏 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dfish said:

@JazzyV I have no idea how that link got in there.  Here is the correct one:  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/vegetarian-mushroom-barley-soup/

@Nickelpenny I am really enjoying your pictures and travel report.  It is getting us so excited for our Hawaii cruise in February.  

It has been amazing. 👍

• Like 14

@Nickelpenny umm, whats with the picture of the peanuts? Are they peanuts?  

While making the quiche, I was cutting the bacon with a sharp pair of scissors, had my glasses on, which means that I can't see things close up, and cut the heck out of my finger with a pair of my mom's old scissors.  Gnomes must be keeping them sharp, as they have not been used for more than 30 years.  Quiche was good though.🙄

image.png.0bd7b3adae8aca34e511798191737fe1.png

We watched Zoey's Extraordinary Christmas special from 2021. I didn't know the Christmas special existed.  The NBC show was one of the best shows ever.  And then, poof , it was gone, but the Christmas show was on Roku, and it resolves the ending of the show.  ( I can sleep now).

Since we had been back from the cruise, I had been so dizzy, I have not wanted to use my shower, as I have to climb into the tub...( i was using DH's walk in shower which has no water pressure, and it takes forever to get hot water).today I got brave, and had the nicest shower.  When you travel you really do appreciate the things at home, like bed, shower, and a fridge you can raid anytime you want.  
And yet I am still looking for a cruise for 2025.  

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 23

Thanks everyone for sharing!  We were at the todays port this February.  We did a HAL tour on a canal and then went to a park on a beach.  It was a nice day...saw monkeys and sloths in the trees, 1 monkey was throwing his leftover shells at us as we waited for the bus to be ready to depart.  We're getting ready to leave for DGD's piano recital, she's playing Rockin' around the Christmas tree!  Have a great afternoon, and thanks for all of the caring here!  Pictures of the sunrise that day, and monkeys in the trees!  Karen

D23E8FAA-360B-4667-995A-01B23E8DD4D4_1_105_c.jpeg

FBEAD3C7-7FAF-4EB2-8709-D0EDA97164BF_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good rainy/misty afternoons. We went for the Christmas tree this afternoon. This is the first time in 3 years we have had a live tree. The kids promised to be good and not climb it. 🐾🤞

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

And you believed them?!🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 22