Sunday December 3rd, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Wow, it's really storming here. Lightning, thunder and pouring rain. The NFL game is in its second weather delay; players off the field and stadium emptied. I'm happily cozy inside my house.

We need a WOW!! button.  Just drizzle here.

• Like 16

11 hours ago, summer slope said:

Stars and Stripes Bloody Mary cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Anejo Tequila
1/2 part Agave Nectar
1 part Lime Juice
6-8 Blueberries
2 parts Hornitos® Reposado Tequila
1 1/2 parts Bloody Mary Mix
Cayenne Pepper
Salt
Pepper, Black

Instructions
Muddle blueberries and 1/2 part lime juice in a glass. Add Hornitos® Anejo tequila and agave nectar. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into shot glass. Separately, add Hornitos® Reposado, Bloody Mary mix and 1/2 part lime juice to a shaker. Shake and serve in a second shot glass half rimmed with a salt, pepper and cayenne Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 7.21.18 AM.png

Holy moly Dixie! That is some cocktail!!

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, I think this cocktail must have really impressed you!  😄

Well the pants are hemmed, the dress is a bit more challenging so I'll keep working on that.  

I went to Michael's (always dangerous this time of year!) and found some Christmas projects for the boys to do when they visit in a couple weeks.  

Meanwhile, here's a photo of one of DD's cats inspecting their tree. 😉  I haven't heard of any problems yet, but I'm not holding my breath!

Soot2023.thumb.jpg.92c7c345e31756b59cfff5adbbdbc7f3.jpg

• Like 21

Good afternoon.  DH decided to go with me the Algodones and Yuma.  It was a nice sunny day that was not too cool or too warm.  It was a good thing DH decided to wait in the car while I crossed the border.  The town has really changed, and there is still a lot of construction and uneven sidewalks just inside Mexico.  I had a somewhat cruise experience entering Mexico.  For the first time, the Guardia National wanted to look into my purse.  Upon heading back to the USA, I had to show my passport card to a guard before I could head to the CBP building.  Once he saw the card, i was allowed to pass through the gate in The Wall.  The last time we were there, The Wall was along the border but not near the actual crossing.  Now, it's all the way through town except where the cars enter and exit and the walk in gate.

Of course, our second stop was W-M where DH used one of their "scooters" to get around.  It had been more than a year since he spent much time in Wal-Mart.  He had fun riding around and looking at everything, especially in the meat department.  I would leave him in one spot to go get something, and then have to hunt for him when I got back to where I thought he was.  It was nice to see him doing something besides doctor visits.  On the way home, the roads which were rough in a few places and the long day began to bother him a little, and he was tired.  Still it was a nice day, even if it was spent a W-M.

9 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

DGS is still sleeping and I am enjoying some quiet time. DS is coming over later this morning and getting the big screen TV from the downstairs family room. It was bought just before DH died and is never used. I have a new one on the main floor and hate to see it get old downstairs with no one watching. By the time the DGK’s want to be downstairs I will worry about a new one. 

DB is healing up well. He is released to walk on it. He is like a bull in a china closet so I hope he takes it easy. My hand is coming along nicely. I am surprised how the tendon is stiff and I need to keep exercising it. I am glad I got the earlier date. 

This week I hope to finish final packing on the LF bags. It is getting real now. 

I am glad Roy got home and is feeling better. Graham I hope the snow doesn’t last long and they can get back to work. 

Prayers for those in need and Bon Voyage RNB. Have a great day. 

Lorraine, I'm glad your DB is doing well and can now walk on that foot.  I'm happy your hand is healing well, and that you are diligent with the PT.

8 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Rain and mild in northern NJ. I slept well but coughing this morning. One day at a time. 

We watched Alabama win over Georgia, seemed to me they deserved the win. We’ll look forward to the playoffs. 

Right now DH is sorting through a dozen DocuSign emails for the condo offer. 

I woke up this morning feeling confused about a form I filled out for records transfer for DH’s eye doctor. I think we need to look into it again. The form didn’t have the name or fax number of the place where the records are now in Maryland, only where they will be received. I’m confused!  

Blessings to all! I hope everyone in need is hanging in there today!  
I hope everyone away or celebrating has a grand day!  

@smitty34877 Terry, hugs to you!  One day a time means you don’t have to have a plan now!  Just be you today! Seems like that’s quite enough!  Remember:  We’re on your side 😉

I’ll see how our day unfolds, tons that should be getting done but not up to it, not yet. Just glad to be able to get out of bed and do the basics. Life is Good!  👍 

Thanks all for being here. Thanks for the Puerto Limon photos, we missed that port due to a storm and a diversion for a medical evacuation. 

Sorry it snowed on your mess Graham!  More mess and delays but glad you have water on!  

Safe travels to Mexico today Lenda! Check back in later please!  

Maureen 

Maureen, take it easy and rest until you are feeling better.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

We should certainly be mindful of people with disabilities and their needs (I temporarily feel in that category). Some green bean casseroles are good, others not. Dailyite group hug!! Cute quote. The meal sounds good (I like cream of mushroom soup). Pass on the drink and wine. I have not been to Puerto Limon; we were supposed to stop in Costa Rico on my PC cruise, but we didn't (BFF says due to port damage from a storm). An important day in medical history.

It's rainy and cloudy here today, but mild, in the 50's. Not much new with me. I did manage to get the wreath on the door and 2 little trees outside yesterday. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Pain is the same. I might try to do some baking today, if I can do it with mainly sitting on a high stool in the kitchen. I'm hoping to get the last of the fans out of the house tomorrow, then have the insurance field rep come out. 

@RedneckBob Bon Voyage to you and Mrs. RNB!

@Norseh2o @Himself @Niagarawine Welcome Home!

@grapau27 I read that there's lots of snow in Europe; I saw Munich had to close the airport yesterday.

@StLouisCruisers I hope to know more about both my house and health this week, although the Neurosurgery office may not call since I have an upcoming appointment in a couple of weeks (I should be able to see the MRI report in my online chart though). 

@Seasick Sailor I'm sure it's much more fun to be staying onboard. Enjoy!

@aliaschief That's a lot of rain! Hopefully no flooding there.

@rafinmd I'm glad you got home safely, Roy. Take it easy and get some rest.

@Denise T Good to hear that Chase is being treated and seems a bit better.

@ger_77 Continued good thoughts for your friend Wayne. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels today. 

@dfish I like the first recipe, but it says I need access to google docs.

@cruising sister I'm glad both DB and you are recovering well. 

@smitty34877 Similar to you there wasn't hugging when I was growing up. A family here sort of "adopted" me when I first moved here, and they were big huggers, so I joined in hesitantly at first and now like hugs. Oh my on that unsolicited advice! You do what's best for you.

@ottahand7 Thanks for the photos.

@marshhawk Enjoy your dinner with your friends. I hope Furnando's eye improves with seeing the vet.

@kochleffel I had to laugh at the "I Love You A Latke" shirts.

@RMLincoln Take it easy until you are feeling 100%.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating. 

Vanessa, I wish you could get more sleep and could see the neurosurgeon sooner.  I hope you get rid of the fan tomorrow, and that the insurance field rep will come soon so you can get the water damage repaired.

5 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to everyone from a misty Hilo Hawaii!  Three great days to celebrate, love the quote and I will be in today’s port on my next cruise!

Yesterday was a fantastic excursion to the Volcanic National Park, a black sand beach and a coffee plantation in Kona. The tour guide - Nate - was fantastic!!

Been having the best time. Love the islands but since I did go to the USS Arizona I have no desire to return to Honolulu. 

More Christmas decorations going up around the ship and it is getting festive!

Have a great day everyone!

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

Penny, I'm glad you are enjoying your cruise.  While Honolulu is a big city, there are interesting places along the coast out of town.  BTW, seniors can ride The Bus all day at a discount by showing their Medicare card.  Thanks for the pictures. 

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Nickelpenny umm, whats with the picture of the peanuts? Are they peanuts?  

While making the quiche, I was cutting the bacon with a sharp pair of scissors, had my glasses on, which means that I can't see things close up, and cut the heck out of my finger with a pair of my mom's old scissors.  Gnomes must be keeping them sharp, as they have not been used for more than 30 years.  Quiche was good though.🙄

image.png.0bd7b3adae8aca34e511798191737fe1.png

We watched Zoey's Extraordinary Christmas special from 2021. I didn't know the Christmas special existed.  The NBC show was one of the best shows ever.  And then, poof , it was gone, but the Christmas show was on Roku, and it resolves the ending of the show.  ( I can sleep now).

Since we had been back from the cruise, I had been so dizzy, I have not wanted to use my shower, as I have to climb into the tub...( i was using DH's walk in shower which has no water pressure, and it takes forever to get hot water).today I got brave, and had the nicest shower.  When you travel you really do appreciate the things at home, like bed, shower, and a fridge you can raid anytime you want.  
And yet I am still looking for a cruise for 2025.  

Annie, I'm sorry about your finger, but I'm glad you felt like using your shower.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

And you believed them?!🤣🤣🤣

Jake, that was my first thought, too.  Our first cat climbed DH's DB and DSIL's tree once.  We caught before the tree fell, but it was really swaying.  That's why we had artificial trees when we had cats.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Meanwhile, here's a photo of one of DD's cats inspecting their tree. 😉  I haven't heard of any problems yet, but I'm not holding my breath!

Soot2023.thumb.jpg.92c7c345e31756b59cfff5adbbdbc7f3.jpg

Uh oh …. Looks like trouble to me 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

11 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Mahalo my sweet Allen!!! Love your dear sweet wife Joy. A big virtual hug goes out to you and Joy!!

Wish I could toast you both at the Lido Bar!

BON VOYAGE on your 2nd B2B!

Denise😘

Aloha Denise! Love and squeezes go out to you. The Mariners reception at Lido tonight was well attended. When we left there were probably 50 glasses still filled with champagne. Wish you and I could toast one or three times. Already going home in January? Til Mother's Day? Send me a toast from our Barefoot Bar!

Love and hugs sister mine!

• Like 8

We are home after a rocky flight to Toronto. I have to say this cruise has been one of our favourites, meeting seasick sailor and Mr. Seasick was fabulous.this is the first cruise we have very reluctantly left. Everything was top notch, food, service and the lovely passengers on board. Usually we are raring to get to the airport but not so this time. The Rotterdam is my favourite ship,of all time.

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Aloha Denise! Love and squeezes go out to you. The Mariners reception at Lido tonight was well attended. When we left there were probably 50 glasses still filled with champagne. Wish you and I could toast one or three times. Already going home in January? Til Mother's Day? Send me a toast from our Barefoot Bar!

🌺💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

toasting with champagne tonite outside on the balcony to you and Allen!!! Our sunset over the ocean we had a green flash! Have a wonderful time!!!

🌺 🥰

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

& I'll take some Hula Pie, please & thanks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I just read on Sky news that a herd of reindeer blocked a road in Suffolk England for a time this afternoon. I guess Santa is sending out an early reconnaissance mission. @grapau27, is this close to you?

Good morning @1ANGELCAT.

We are close to the Scottish border and much further North from Suffolk and London.

It is 39°F at 06.42 am.

Screenshot_20231204_063631.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The rain is pouring down here.

The 2 men from the clean up team after the burst water pipe are here power hosing out side.

They like my chocolate/ sugar sweets samples and tea and coffee which they deserve working in the bad weather outside.

• Like 12

Ha ha to the quote and pass on the meal; otherwise, thumbs up to everything. 

I visited the port a couple years ago at the "re-start," but no pictures as they're on my computer (I'm using my phone). Instead, I'll share last evenings sail away from Ponta Delgada Azores Portugal as seen from my balcony.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20231203_170440.thumb.jpg.e5e7b3e81792703df2ab1e752aa6a6f3.jpg20231203_165927.thumb.jpg.e9a9dac4641ee8b0149639c3e564faaf.jpg20231203_170438.thumb.jpg.2a24ffaa18f2efbf49aba96158fbfdbe.jpg20231203_170445.thumb.jpg.10fdb96f0268cef1948491f7a7aaf593.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

...This is the first time in 3 years we have had a live tree. The kids promised to be good and not climb it. 🐾🤞

Uh oh - I smell trouble 😏

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The rain is pouring down here.

The 2 men from the clean up team after the burst water pipe are here power hosing out side.

They like my chocolate/ sugar sweets samples and tea and coffee which they deserve working in the bad weather outside.

Graham, that is very thoughtful and nice of you to give the men tea, coffee and sweets.  Yesterday, the hole in the next street over from our water main break last week, was still roped off.   There was no sign any work had been done since the break was repaired.  What a difference in response and service.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Graham, that is very thoughtful and nice of you to give the men tea, coffee and sweets.  Yesterday, the hole in the next street over from our water main break last week, was still roped off.   There was no sign any work had been done since the break was repaired.  What a difference in response and service.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

I try to be nice to everyone and most of the time it is appreciated especially by workers doing jobs for me.

• Like 7