Saturday December 9th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is Christmas Card Day, Lost and Found Day, and Genocide Prevention Day

We are to seek wisdom and understanding only in the length of days. - Robert Hall

Meal Suggestion for today - Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Drink of the Day - Prickly Pink Margarita
Wine of the Day - Blue Canyon Estate Grown Pinot Noir Monterey
Destination of the Day - Funchal (Madeira) Portugal

Today in History:
1968 In "The Mother of All Demos" Douglas Engelbart demonstrates the computer system NLS (oN-Line System) to a live audience in San Francisco. Shows for the first time, the mouse, word processing, windows, hypertext links, video conferencing, real-time collaboration, and other modern computing conce
1978 1st game of Women's Pro Basketball League (WBL), Chicago Hustle vs Milwaukee Does

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00

Koningsdam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12-10

Oosterdam

Ushuaia, Argentina 12:00 - 20:00

Rotterdam

Cartagena Colombia 07:00 - 14:00

Volendam

Ensenada, Baja California Mexico 14:00 - 22:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Iles du Salut, French Guiana eta 12-10

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Banjul, Gambia eta 12-10

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 7:00-16:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Phuket, Thailand eta 12-11

1209World.thumb.png.d9f12cad94bbc56d49dde455203f6901.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 22

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Sharon in AZ’s 2nd cataract surgery 

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck not feeling well

Ottahand7’s DF John with shingles

Shootings in Las Vegas and Texas

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd recovering from hospitalization

Tana’s pulmonary issues

57redbird needing spinal fusion at L4-5

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP & photo shared!

Cunnorl’s new niece Maeve Grace, Welcome to the World!

NextOne released by heart surgeon and on less meds

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

1 day for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

1 day for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

1 day for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage)

6 days for Suslor (Rottendam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean w/DGS

6 days for Crazy For Cats (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean

6 days for Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Jan 5, B2B) 7d Eastern Caribbean + 14d Western/Tropical Caribbean

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 18

Good morning and thank you for the Report.

An unseasonably mild day in store for us.  Our forecast high is 11°C (52°F), normal is 1°C (34°F).  Beautiful weather for walking.

Three good days.  I mailed my Christmas cards a few days ago, I hope everyone finds what has been lost and genocides must be prevented.

Thought provoking quote.  Does it mean, that we should ask our elders for advice and wisdom?

The meal sounds good, so do the drink and wine.

I'd love to visit today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Enjoy the day!  Stay safe.

• Like 30

Thank you Rich for today's daily reports and Vanessa for your superb list keeping.

Pauline writes all of our Christmas cards out and I post them.

I will be interested in today's food from Debbie.

We have been to Madeira many times and were there on November 19th on P&O Iona and saw the old Rotterdam in her new name Fred Olsen Borealis.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20231119_171724.jpg

IMG_20231119_150248.jpg

IMG_20231119_094413.jpg

IMG_20231119_145922.jpg

IMG_20231119_142725.jpg

IMG_20231119_143116.jpg

IMG_20231119_143107.jpg

IMG_20231119_143059.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  It was warmer overnight and we are sitting at 52 and cloudy.  There's a 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorms and a high of 68.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.

I hope I receive some Christmas cards today since I sent out a lot of them earlier this week.  My twin's is always the first card I receive and that is already here.  Lost and founds have an important purpose and it's always nice when we find our lost item there.  Genocide prevention has been in the news lately.  I will be interested in seeing the skillet shepherd's pie recipe.  No thank you to the drink or wine this morning.  Interesting days in history.  Thanks ahead of time Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your F&B reports.

Prayers said this morning as I walked my 2.5 miles and I hope everyone here sees some improvement in their situations.  Vanessa @JazzyV I hope your pain will end soon and you can sleep a full night before long. 😴 Never fear, you were all included in my prayers as well as DB, friends Scott and Bob and spouses.  Special prayers for those in Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our troops being targeted.  Peace for everyone!  🙏 My we have a long list of people preparing to leave on their cruises, and quite a few are currently on board their ships.  Hoping for a grand time for everyone!  Bon Voyage to you all!  And if you have a birthday or anniversary to celebrate, congratulations to you too!🥂🎉 Thank you Vanessa for the great list keeping even through all your pain and computer problems! 

In my sports report FC Dallas Academy beat Red Bull New York 2-1 yesterday.  And the Notre Dame men's soccer team advance to the finals in the College Cup after beating Oregon State 1 to 0.  Go Irish!

The port today is Funchal, Madeira in the Azores.  It was our destination on March 11, 2021 and Dec. 16, 2022.  Luckily we visited there at least twice so I have a few photos to show.  Here are the links for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  Mine are missing so I have to start all over again!

No idea why photos from the port show up in some of the links instead of Rich's maps.  Just happens!

Hope everyone here has a good day and watch out for severe storms this weekend.  Stay safe!  Stay well!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today should be a mild day and tomorrow even warmer.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me and I’m curious about making it in a skillet.  This weekend’s big task is to make the house look presentable for the pet sitter.  A few spiders have been trying to replace the Halloween decorations that I removed.  I do need to set up the printer on the new laptop, hopefully it’ll go smoothly.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

2019 San Juan with DH.
9B2A9EA4-E3CE-45B7-A85D-8412E8A03E46.thumb.jpeg.f1e00397aa2d6b322007cff285c9d262.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Prickly Pink Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Sauza® Signature Blue Silver Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec
1/2 part Prickly Pear Syrup
1 part Limeade

How to Mix
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake
Strain into glass and serve
Garnish with prickly pear slice and lime wedge (optional)

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 6.59.14 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 17

Good morning Daily-ites from the beautiful Rotterdam. 

We are docking in Cartagena as I type. Of course we are next to the industrial area and a weird smell had me off the balcony and in the cabin.

Yesterday we met several times to play cards with 4 others that sit next to us in the dining room. After the guys left for naps, the girls found a quiet space to have a drink and play cards. Nope! The auction started in Ocean Bar. We moved to the Old Lincoln Center. 15 minutes later it was BINGO TIME! Lol

Last night we ate in Canaletto. I had the lobster ($15 was worth every bite) DH had clams and shrimp in a spicy creamy sauce. He enjoyed it too. After dinner we went to the Seaview bar. Behold! One smoker! It was heaven!

Prayers lifted for all on Vanessa's care list. Especially Vanessa,  Tana, Roy, Sharon,  and our Daily's spouses who are ill.

We have nothing planned for shore excursions, but I may step out and shop for a bit. I told my friend I'd send her a postcard from every port.

Have a great day! Be kind!

20231208_172120.thumb.jpg.06aca41199993109796a08116b5ad9bd.jpg

20231208_181126.thumb.jpg.e197dd623ee071b9d3aab9731bfb5984.jpg

20231208_181931.thumb.jpg.eac7c21f25cc1cc719d4a0cc95ea7414.jpg

20231209_061057.thumb.jpg.2d67e695fd81ddeb31978a41416e4557.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Funchal, Madeira, Azores

Our first visit on Emerald Princess was in 2008.  It was our first transatlantic so we were excited to see this new and fascinating place.  We got on a bus and first did some touring of the cliff, Cabo Girao.  I loved the purple blooming trees all over the place.  This is a photo of some taken from the top of our double decker bus.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The view from an overlook.

And the view from the cliff, straight down.  That's a little unsettling, isn't it?

Back in town we headed to the market.  I think I remember these tiles on a wall there.

Presentation is just as important as the quality of the fruits and veggies.  I would buy from this vendor, wouldn't you?

In 2013 on the Royal Princess maiden transatlantic we enjoyed exploring more of the downtown area by walking, no tour.  Here we are at arrival in this lovely port.

A city park where vendors had set up shop.  I bought a handmade necklace from one.

Some fun musicians across from the park.

lovely fountain in a roundabout

Remember these days, from before Covid isolation?

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good morning. It is supposed to be a rainy weekend. Lot of disappointed kids with the annual Christmas Parade being cancelled for the year.

Got a lot of clothes shopping done and we enjoyed a great lunch accompanied with some fine wine. That led us to long afternoon naps upon our return home. Pizza delivery for dinner so it was a day off out of the kitchen.

i believe a trip to the Commissary is on today’s schedule. We have been to today’s port several times. It’s so beautiful and always an enjoyable port of call.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and featured post. Have a great weekend. Bruce

image.jpeg.693b528614fec37adcdbb39a39e1924d.jpegimage.jpeg.0d2964f846117148ab8d3bfbfc25ff32.jpegimage.jpeg.f9155abf4971eed13de10aef66454271.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a678200e99b1b1d71fad8434213ffed2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a8c2f3345c9d068a7b874cec1ec44887.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.93f559042a9845238b2182d60ca65abb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.44b7daa940a90ca8f989e3561a204ac8.jpegimage.jpeg.f3331d991181759363c3f228513331a0.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 24

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich

& thanks to Ann, Vanessa, Dixie & Debbie

Good days to celebrate.  It’s always great when lost things are found and I am sure many of us have been celebrating Christmas card day (although some may have started celebrating early, like me 😉). Genocide needs to be prevented and ended for perpetuity.

Interesting quote and the meal sounds intriguing.  Love Madeira.  It’s a favourite port of mine and DD DH’s.  There is so much to see that I swear you could visit the island numerous times and still discover new things.  It’s truly beautiful. We return there next November and looking forward to it.

IMG_1768.thumb.jpeg.8ef653a086435c9fdbcd08cd6213fa50.jpeg

It’s another cold one here.  Sadly, the sun is melting the snow on my driveway and the deep cold is freezing it turning it into ice.  I went splat on the way back from our walk so it will be de-iced today.  the sun is melting the thin layer of snow and the deep cold is freezing it back up, it seems.  Best to get it done now.  It’s going to warm up so we can get pelted by rain and then beat up by high winds before the temperatures plummet again.  Hopefully with the driveway clean the rain will run off and dry up before the temps drop 🤞

IMG_1775.thumb.jpeg.4bb7b1da0ed5b4989779f76d416d6f82.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them. 🙏   Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1772.thumb.jpeg.9b5df66507225ccbd68878dcd22475cc.jpeg

Have a good Saturday everyone.

• Like 29
  • Haha 6

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann for the Saturday Fleet Report and Daily.  Genocide prevention is a special need in these times.  My best experience with a lost and found was on the Elegant Explorer; I think they twice had a camera I had dropped.  Sadly, I have not done Christmas cards in years.

I'm having difficulty with the Robert Hall quote  but celebrate 2 great days in history.

I've been to Funchal twice.  The first was in 2008 on a Wind Surf transatlantic.  It was supposed to be nonstop from Lisbon to Barbados but some supplies were missing as we left Lisbon and had an impromptu day there as parts for the water processing system were loaded and installed.  The other time was on my 2016 Seabourne Odyssey transatlantic.  I did a tour with the toboggan ride down the mountain and if I do not see photos of it will post some later.  My daily sunrise photo will also be a sunset from Funchal..

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Baked Ricotta Stuffed Shells, and Mango Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 9, 2013.

A warm day here but very foggy this morning.  Heavy rain for the Ravens game tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 34

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Won’t be long now before you head off on your newest adventure!  It is a lovely morning here. Already 58. We had an evening of light rain here last night. But it was still nice enough to enjoy dinner & wine on the deck. 

Vanessa, thank you for taking such great care of our lists, in spite of the pain you are dealing with. I pray a solution is found - soon. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, and making the salad to bring to a friend’s for dinner - we are celebrating another friend’s birthday. And of course there will be wine. 😎

IMG_2166.jpeg.212049ccadf75d45c71bbea586ea250d.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg.ab4a75c465455138a0805743207248e4.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg.b578283cb597747d2f5df6958daf61cf.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain and conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Blue Canyon Estate Grown Pinot Noir Monterey 2021

I used the 2021 vintage info since it should be the easiest to find. This PN was received a 92 from Wine Enthusiast & consumers think it is very good. Widely available with prices starting at $14.99.

Vintners notes

Medium-bodied and approachable with a silky texture and long, layered finish. Lush and elegant cherry and raspberry flavors show on the palate with hints of vanilla, oak spice and rose petal on the nose. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 5

Good Saturday morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

Interesting collection of days. It reminds me that I have to get started on the Christmas Cards.  

As for Lost and Found, I am still looking for things since we had our flood.  There are things that just disappeared and are nowhere to be found.   I really do not believe the workers took them because they are really of little value to anyone but us.  It is just so frustrating.  

I agree that Genocide must be prevented.

Thank you to @JazzyV Vanessa for the lists.  Prayers for all.

Thank you to Ann, Dixie and Debbie in the Food and Beverage Department for keeping us fed and hydrated.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated everyday.

I have not been to Funchal.  We were supposed to stop there on the transatlantic cruise I had to cancel this past October.  Maybe we will get there some day.  Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Graham @grapau27 for posting photos.

Today my cleaning lady comes.  I am not sure I will see her again until after the New Year since she comes every two weeks.  The next time would be Dec. 23 and I suspect that she will tell me today that she won’t be coming that day.  We will see what happens.

We are off to Jacksonville tomorrow.  I have appointments at the Mayo Clinic on Monday and Tuesday.  I have an area of concern on my right leg and will see the Dematologist about that.  Also scheduled for Mamogram and Bone Density and blood work.  Then I see my PCP on Tuesday afternoon regarding the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  We will see if the dosage is reduced or not.  I hope so.  A lot depends on what the blood work shows.

Not much else to report today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday. Thank for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

The meal and drink of the day sound nice. 

Nothing much planned for today. Finishing up the decorating. I have family coming over next Saturday so working on getting the house in shape. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.e536b7874c9e0372641532343f576caf.png

• Like 19
  • Haha 11

9 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Saturday morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

Interesting collection of days. It reminds me that I have to get started on the Christmas Cards.  

As for Lost and Found, I am still looking for things since we had our flood.  There are things that just disappeared and are nowhere to be found.   I really do not believe the workers took them because they are really of little value to anyone but us.  It is just so frustrating.  

I agree that Genocide must be prevented.

Thank you to @JazzyV Vanessa for the lists.  Prayers for all.

Thank you to Ann, Dixie and Debbie in the Food and Beverage Department for keeping us fed and hydrated.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated everyday.

I have not been to Funchal.  We were supposed to stop there on the transatlantic cruise I had to cancel this past October.  Maybe we will get there some day.  Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers and Graham @grapau27 for posting photos.

Today my cleaning lady comes.  I am not sure I will see her again until after the New Year since she comes every two weeks.  The next time would be Dec. 23 and I suspect that she will tell me today that she won’t be coming that day.  We will see what happens.

We are off to Jacksonville tomorrow.  I have appointments at the Mayo Clinic on Monday and Tuesday.  I have an area of concern on my right leg and will see the Dematologist about that.  Also scheduled for Mamogram and Bone Density and blood work.  Then I see my PCP on Tuesday afternoon regarding the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  We will see if the dosage is reduced or not.  I hope so.  A lot depends on what the blood work shows.

Not much else to report today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Good luck with your medical appointments Terri.

I hope you get good results from all of your tests and check ups.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

At the airport gate. Left the house on time (3am) but had to return after 12 min, I forgot my watch and ring. No traffic until we got to the airport but it wasn’t too bad. 

I actually got everything done last night and went to bed at a decent hour so I slept in my bed instead of the recliner. (If I go to bed after DH I’ll sleep in the living room so I don’t disturb him.)

I’ll try to check in later.  

• Like 33

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  I had way too much Vietnamese Iced Coffee last night at dinner before the concert, and then came home and had coffee gelato, and the fact that I knew I had to be up early, as I have an early shift, and I did not sleep well at all.  I also know I have a zillion things to do today, before the rain takes over, and the cold comes in.  The weather person says that we will not get out of the 50's next week, and our cold temps will be in the upper 20's.  

This is Atlanta in the winter months, warmer when it rains, and colder when the sky is blue.  Right now, the sky is rather a yellow gray, and the rain has started but is in stop mode right now.  Computer says its 54 with light rain.

We were in Funchal, Madeira this past October.  I had had the IV taken out of my arm, and was able to get off the ship that day.  Since I had no energy at all, I thought that I had chosen wisely for an excursion-See the Island by bus.  It was quite a long excursion.  We drove, and drove and went up higher and higher, and through a forest on the mountains, and came to the Statue of the Virgin Mary,  It was cold up there, and very foggy, and I stayed on the bus.  DH went out and took a picture of the Statue, and I refer to it as Mary in the Mist.  The gentleman on the other side of the bus aisle who also did not get off the bus, looked the history of the statue up, and it turns out there is a twin statue erected the same day, somewhere in the US.  Perhaps if I had felt better I could remember where it was and visited the statue there, but I forgot where he said it was. 

We visited a bar, where everyone was given a rather hefty sample of an alcohol made there, a type of rum, but as DH and I no longer imbibe, we ordered two coffees, and when we tried to pay for them, they would not take payment.  Making a cappuccino,  the bartender said, cost them way less than the booze.  It must have been a strong drink, because pretty much everyone was wobbly when they got up to get back on the bus. 

DH went in to use the restroom, and the lock on the door got stuck, and he could not get out.  The tour guide had to get a key, get the owner to pass it through the bathroom window, so that DH could unlock himself out.

They also took us to a shopping area, but while I got off the bus, I wasnt strong enough on this day to walk down hill, and shop. In fact, we were either headed up a hill, or down a hill at every stop.  It was a beautiful island, and several people spent their day researching available housing to purchase.  

I dont think I have any pictures to share, but I will ask DH if he has free time to go through his and post.

image.png.720687e71eecf1a8f7514c4874dc568f.png

image.thumb.png.c66f01b3b8b56eccbb9ae3dd4f7df1b8.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 11

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We received our first Christmas card yesterday - I haven't finished ours yet, but they're on the table, ready and waiting.  Who among us hasn't had to go to a Lost and Found at some point?  Thankfully some folks are honest and return things they've found, while others . . .   Totally agree with genocide prevention, which should be every day.  We love stopping at Funchal - we've been there 3 times and it never ceases to bring us happiness just being there.

It's a quiet, dark morning out there but I can see what looks like a fingernail clipping of the moon shining through the clouds.  We had a heavy frost overnight so that means the streets will be slippery for anyone venturing out early in the morning.  Thankfully we don't have to be anywhere until after the noon hour.  We spoke with our family in Calgary who yesterday were experiencing snow and slushy rain coming down, making their roads a mess.  Unfortunately for that reason they were unable to go to see the holiday train for Parker's birthday, but made it safely to a restaurant where he enjoyed his favourite pizza and had cheesecake with strawberry topping for dessert.  The servers made a huge fuss over him which he totally enjoyed.  

Yesterday I packed up the blankets I'd finished for children and youth going into foster care and delivered them to the drop off location.  I didn't realize I'd made a total 18 of them that I managed to squeeze into 2 giant compression bags that I'd gotten on sale recently.  When knitting or crocheting these blankets, I always hope the recipients will find comfort using them, and hope they have success in their lives.  I guess you could say they're infused with love.

Not a lot happening today, so maybe I will get to work on the Christmas cards.  I'd like to try the drink, am pretty sure I'd enjoy the wine, and would like to see the recipe for the menu suggestion.  I'm not going to be cooking tonight, as our friend Wayne wants to take us out to dinner as a thank you for getting him to and from the hospital last week.  Totally unnecessary, but it makes him happy, so we'll go.  He and his lady friend Fran will be waiting for us at a nice restaurant where we'll enjoy dinner, great conversation, and good friends.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those involved in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32

Good morning everyone!  Thanks for the Daily Reports @richwmn.  My Christmas cards are complete and going to the mailbox as soon as I am done here.   We left our casino hotel yesterday without leaving anything behind but a couple of visits ago I left my Kindle.  they said I could come pick it up but since it is 2 + hours away they kindly shipped it to me.  Genocide prevention is important but little work that the UN does can stop it.   The Uighers in China, genocide in Ukraine by Russia and ...... on and on.   I don't get the quote and never got philosophy in school so will not waste any more time on it.   Thanks for the phots of Funchal today @StLouisCruisersand @grapau27.  My goodness @marshhawk you have some stories to tell of your visit there, especially Chuck getting caught in the bathroom!

Thanks for the food and drink each day @summer slope @cat shepardand @dfish.   I will take today's pinot noir for sure.   

Prayers for everyone on our care list.  @JazzyV I pray you had a better night's sleep.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the innocents in Gaza and Israel.   

It is a rainy day here in SW Michigan but it is 50 degrees which is wonderful for December.   I will get a lot more packing done as pickup is in 5 days although we haven't gotten our labels but I understand that is a universal issue right now.   We will have a marathon session of football tomorrow at our nearby casino sports book.  My Ravens Rams game is at one and it not televised here, it would be fairly lousy there with that big storm hitting the East Coast.  John's Vikings game versus the Raiders is at 4:30 and isn't televised here.   Life used to be so simple before the NFL moved their Sunday Ticket to streaming.  John's shingles has remained unchanged from yesterday so the medication is continuing to do its' job.   He has 6 more days to take it.  Have a lovely Saturday!  Nancy 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you Graham.

Hope you are feeling better as well.

Terri

Thank you Terri.

I have had arthritis for 15+ years and used to control pain effectively with high dose Ibuprofen or Naproxen.

Since my heart attack 4 years ago I am not allowed antiinflammatory medication because it will affect my heart medication so exercise and paracetamol or joint replacements are my only options now.

• Like 14