The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll let Sochi know it's her day to celebrate; she'll likely sleep through most of it.  The last time we were at a buffet was on a BHB in January last year; the next time will be in about a month!  I definitely need motivation some days.

I have to get DH up in a few minutes so he can shower and head over to the barber; they take walk-ins only a couple of days a week, and he does need a hair cut.  I've got a couple of hours until I have my monthly breakfast gathering with retired colleagues - one of them has a new grandchild that they were able to love on over Christmas, so it will be nice to see photos of that little one.

Speaking of motivation, I checked my countdown on the fridge this morning and there are only 30 days until we leave, so that means I have 30 days to lose 50 pounds.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll just get my hair cut instead.   LOL

@RMLincoln Happy 31st Anniversary to the two of you!

@mamaofamiHappy Birthday to Sam!

@StLouisCruisersHappy 50th birthday to your DDIL.

I'm going to pass on the drink (cherry with cucumber bitters???), will let others enjoy the Viognier, but will tuck the menu suggestion away for another day.  We've got ham to finish off, so I think we'll be enjoying Denver sandwiches at the kitchen table tonight. And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in grief, in wars, and in earthquakes.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Finally Graham, a clear view of the water with no obstruction! 😀

Thanks Bob.

These are the steps down to the beach from the car park last week.

Screenshot_20240102_133231.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Good morning to all

Thank you to Jacqui @kazu for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Thank you to Roy @rafinmd for the maps.  Nice to see that you feel well enough to get back in the game.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists that you meticulously maintain.  I truly hope that you soon get some relief from the pain you are enduring.

Thank you to Debbie/Tina. @dfish/ @0106  in the food department.  I would truly like to try Chicken Divan but have to be careful with meals with creamy sauces.   

Thank you to Dixie @summer slope and to Ann @cat shepard in the Beverage Department.  While I do not drink hard liquor, I would most likely think about trying the wine.  I am trying to get some wine recommendations for our upcoming cruise.  So this one looks good.  

Interesting Days to celebrate.  I will pass on Happy Mew Year.  We don’t have cats.  I am not a big fan of buffets.  When we sailed on HAL I used to avoid the Lido like the plague.  However, on Oceania, you never get to touch the utensils.  Everything is served to you.  Also the tables are smaller.  So we do frequent the buffet there.  However, that is the only buffet we ever go to.  It is quite good.   As for Motivation and Inspiration, I could use a bit of both.  

As for the quote, well……. Rodney Dangerfield usually used his humor to put down women.  What more can I say.

I have not been to Casablanca.  In two instances either the cruise or the port was cancelled.   In October we have a cruise planned that stops there.  Whether we will actually go on that cruise remains to be seen.   We will see what the Neurologist has to say on January 11 and proceed accordingly.

Yesterday did not turn out according to plan.   I woke up with a stomach bug.  We had to cancel our New Year’s Day dinner.  Instead I subsisted on toast and tea.   Jim had a turkey sandwich.  Not exactly what we had in mind.   Oh well,  we will make it up on another day.

Prayers for all on the Cares list.

@dfish Hope you are doing well and feeling better each day.  

@Nickelpenny Prayers that you are feeling better

@smitty34877 you are in my daily prayers.

Of course Baby Murphy is always in our prayers.

Cheers to those traveling to their cruises.  How exciting to be going on the World Cruise or the Grand Australia.  

Hope you all have a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a chilly but sunny NY at 27 today. It will go up to the high thirties later. I seem to lack both motivation and inspiration. The last recipes looks good to me, thanks Tina @0106. We had chicken yesterday so I will make it another day. And it is always Mew Day here. I have not been to the port and avoid buffets if possible.

@RMLincoln, Maureen, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. I hope today is a good day for both of you!

@mamaofami, a very Happy Birthday to Sam

Our aide has returned and perhaps the knots in my neck and shoulders can return to normal. I was very glad to see her and she says she is completely well now.  @cat shepard, We do appreciate your kind thoughts for us!

1189.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a chilly but sunny NY at 27 today. It will go up to the high thirties later. I seem to lack both motivation and inspiration. The last recipes looks good to me, thanks Tina @0106. We had chicken yesterday so I will make it another day. And it is always Mew Day here. I have not been to the port and avoid buffets if possible.

@RMLincoln, Maureen, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. I hope today is a good day for both of you!

@mamaofami, a very Happy Birthday to Sam

Our aide has returned and perhaps the knots in my neck and shoulders can return to normal. I was very glad to see her and she says she is completely well now.  @cat shepard, We do appreciate your kind thoughts for us!

Edited by smitty34877
Delete
  • Like 21

Good afternoon to all from Cork.

My weather App tells me that it is 9°c/48°f and partly cloudy. The app for our solar array says we are producing 2.8kw of power 👍

Thanks to all who contribute to the daily.

• Like 25

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

As a little treat for those who know him I am going to share a photo taken earlier in the Antarctica cruise of a dinner we attended one evening.  We met in the bar later and chatted while he signed the cover page of my book, then headed to the dining room for dinner.  The couple from Norway was so nice and they were excited to hear about the spectacular Norway cruise we had all enjoyed so much.  To commemorate our dinner our waiter took our photo. 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

He certainly did enjoy the Prinsendam.  As an additional treat for you and others who enjoy him, here he is speaking at our cocktail reception in the Captain’s Day Room on board the Prinsendam.

IMG_1916.thumb.jpeg.51dbd52de9335a3e175a3ed8dbe1335a.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  It's sunny and 29 degrees in Stone Mountain today.  The cats will be celebrating Mew Year Day

image.thumb.png.1d0272b98af131bb0ffa32e1c065aefc.png

They even got an email today...well, it was addressed to me, but it ended with how she wished hugs and a great New Year to Bobb and Furnando,  her new friends.

We had a nice time yesterday at our friends house, however, it was a bit concerning to find out that people who attended had seen their family members who had Covid the day before.  And it wasnt just one person, it was several.  The hosts brother was there, and he mentioned how his favorite snack was cheese and crackers, so I left the cheese and crackers there.  I told him that they were his.  I was sent home with ham for sandwiches.  Yum.  I ate the black eyed peas and collard greens, not something I would go back for seconds on, but they were good, and I survived.  

Someone mentioned that when you were done eating, you had to leave some of the black eyed bean on the plate, for good luck.  There was a special number that were supposed to be left, but she was not too sure how many.  Then she said, two.  I looked at my plate, and I had 2 left. Heck I need all the luck I can get.

I got an email last night from the NY campaign boss with a change of schedule, he changed the entire schedule to my available hours.  ARghh!  So I can add more hours.  

Bubbles showed back up, and was in the cat bucket on the porch last night when we got home,  I found some hydrogen peroxide and cleaned out his wounds, and put some antibiotics on his wounds, but he is not going to leave the porch!  Since he is feral and a stray, not sure if our vet will even look at him.  But will call to see if we can get an appointment.  He is too weak and in too much pain to put up a fight.  

Thank you all for being here!  With jokes and contributions of food and drink ideas, and your great travel stories.

HUGS!

image.thumb.png.c0932a2fd081f319fb47b091c3c53419.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! I slept in as that won’t be the case tomorrow. Our ride to the airport is scheduled for 4:30 AM and our long awaited adventure begins. House cleaners just arrived for a final cleaning. Lunch out because no more meals here.

Do hope everyone had an enjoyable New Year and 2024 will be kind to all of you.

Off to some small chores. Thanks for the Reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.b8325b6ec44f999ba638f18b3644f3da.jpegimage.jpeg.8e7c924a866374c50d38f6b2468d1598.jpegimage.jpeg.4c0c764720c7dfeb79940ccf2b4243b9.jpegimage.jpeg.21601b13eba7aa50f5c0c5d7e126703f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21123459824500c1208aaebf5a692343.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40fcce3b368228d363522acd8ec8fbdb.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 21

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Happy 50th birthday wishes for your DDIL.

50th-birthday-11.gif

Thanks for the bouquet for her Graham!  

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

He certainly did enjoy the Prinsendam.  As an additional treat for you and others who enjoy him, here he is speaking at our cocktail reception in the Captain’s Day Room on board the Prinsendam.

IMG_1916.thumb.jpeg.51dbd52de9335a3e175a3ed8dbe1335a.jpeg

Thank you!  Doesn't he look dashing in all those gold stripes and formal dinner wear?  It's like Central Casting sent over a ship captain.😆

15 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! I slept in as that won’t be the case tomorrow. Our ride to the airport is scheduled for 4:30 AM and our long awaited adventure begins. House cleaners just arrived for a final cleaning. Lunch out because no more meals here.

Do hope everyone had an enjoyable New Year and 2024 will be kind to all of you.

Off to some small chores. Thanks for the Reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.b8325b6ec44f999ba638f18b3644f3da.jpegimage.jpeg.8e7c924a866374c50d38f6b2468d1598.jpegimage.jpeg.4c0c764720c7dfeb79940ccf2b4243b9.jpegimage.jpeg.21601b13eba7aa50f5c0c5d7e126703f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21123459824500c1208aaebf5a692343.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40fcce3b368228d363522acd8ec8fbdb.jpeg

Hope all your travels to the ship are on time and uneventful.  Try to stay in touch during your absence from the Daily and let us know how things are going.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!

It was a bad night last night.  I didn't get to sleep until almost 4 am.  It wasn't due to pain, rather just insomnia.  I will take it easy today and probably hit the hay early tonight.  It might have been due to the excitement over the Michigan win or the fact that I'm not getting much exercise right now. We're going to start mall walking this week and I'm hoping that will help.  I am going to take the ornaments off one of the trees and then Sue can take it down to storage when she gets back.

Sue has left to take River home.  They are first stopping at Great Grandma's house for a visit.  We feel better about her going home knowing she is going to Grandma Christy's house and will be there at least until next November.  

@mamaofami for Sam:

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.32d366a2b00c121746b51be64712140d.jpg

@RMLincoln

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.49677ca16990feaebc3c2b78f58b3ed2.jpg

@StLouisCruisers for your DDIL

HappyBirthday3.jpg.b5df4ea9770e1d762bc85753f776a735.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Enjoy your buffets I’ll be steering clear thank you very much.  No time like today for motivation and inspiration being the new year and all.  Funny saying by Rodney Dangerfield.  The meal sounds very nice.   Think I’ll pass on today’s drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for all on out prayer list today.  Happy _______ to those celebrating happy events!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

THANK YOU ALL for the very special wishes!  Our day is starting out late- stayed up way too late with the exciting football games. Both DH,s parents graduated from U WA or UDub as they call it. 
Tisay veins with confusion on wiring $$$ that the condo sale netted into our current community to pay off a partial promissory note. Soon we’ll get around to anniversary cards. We usually have a special dinner with our wedding candle, vows, and champagne. Plus dessert!  Not sure how today will unfold but it’s a grand day to be together!  So grateful… and DH is on the phone with the wiring people….   so glad he can do these things for us!  

I’m working on fearlessness for the New Year!  All Gratitude Attitude, no room for worry, just thanks!  All your good wishes and support is SO appreciated, truly Amazing!  
Maureen 

Loving the cruiser reports!  Stay safe!  Enjoy it all!  Later….

• Like 23

Good morning,

It looks to be a beautiful morning. There are high surf warnings so I will need to stay out of the water! Haha. Tomorrow morning there will be rain. It may be a soggy walk to the Volendam. At least it is not far. 

We are planning a walk this morning and explore a bit. Prayers and well wishes. Have a great day. 

• Like 21