The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 8th, 2024

Today is International Thalassaemia Day, National Animal Disaster Preparedness Day, and National Cruelty Free Day

There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.--Linda Grayson

Meal Suggestion for today - Spinach Salad with Bacon and Eggs
Drink of the Day - Grape Pucker Frappe
Wine of the Day - Chandon Brut Sparkling 
Destination of the Day - Da Nang (Hue), Vietnam

Today in History:
1945 V-E Day: World War II ends in Europe after Germany signs an unconditional surrender

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Baranof Island Alaska 08:00 - 16:00 

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Kodiak Island, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Oslo, Norway 10:00 - 17:00 

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00 

Oosterdam

Kusadasi, Ephesus, Turkey 08:00 - 16:00 

Rotterdam

Geiranger, Norway 07:00 - 16:00 

Volendam

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00 

Zaandam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Zuiderdam

San Juan, Puerto Rico 15:00 - 23:00

• Like 15
  • Thanks 27

Today’s Care List:

Luvteaching’s DD DH’s 84th Birthday

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s post eye surgery issues

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with a stroke, showing improvement

JazzyV’s BFF with a fall and sustaining a tib-fib fracture

Kazu with a foot infection and pain

Victims of flooding and storms across the country

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Rafinmd with elevated PSA (improving), and cardiology issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

RMLincoln’s DH with eye improvement on latest evaluation

Ger_77’s DH Maurice with a date for TAVR surgery

JazzyV with pain relief after surgery, sleeping well

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is away

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for MISTER 67 (Enchanted Princess May 11 to May 18) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with St. Thomas

3 days for StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam May 11 to June 8 ) 28d Azores, Normandy & Baltic Jewels Harboursiders + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

3 days for Niagarawine (Koningsdam May 11 to May 18) 7d Alaska Inside Passage

Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), AncientWanderer (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, for Heartgrove (MSC Seashore to May 12) 7d Caribbean & Bahamas, YourWorldWithBill (Nieuw Statendam to May 18) 13d Jewels of the Baltic, and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 29

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Another warm morning here at 73 degrees (91% humidity) and a predicted high of 93 degrees this afternoon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

2007CPcruise 280.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.

It is sunny and 62°F here in North East England.

3 important days.

Great quote as I have been a chocolate representative for over 35 years.

Great day in history.

I hope everyone who are unwell are improving.

Best wishes for a wonderful day.

Screenshot_20240508_113514.jpg

Screenshot_20240508_113548.jpg

Screenshot_20240508_113642.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 22

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

73 right now as we are heading to 90 this PM.

Good selection of days, with Greek ancestry I have one gene of Thalassemia which is also known as Mediterranean Anemia, my symptoms are very mild.
As a chocolate lover, the quote is great.

While in Vietnam I was asked to volunteer to be stationed in Da Nang and refused and stayed in Nha Trang,

Have a great day and stay well,

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning friends!  It's 68F this morning, and we expect partly cloudy to sunny skies and a high of at least 87.  Pretty steamy!  Yesterday they predicted thunderstorms this morning but that rapidly moved to Thursday as soon as I typed it.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  Today's days concern a previously unknown to me disease.  Hopefully Graham @grapau27 will clarify.  Also disaster preparedness and cruelty free day (to animals) which are good causes.  I think I'll celebrate V-E Day!  Nice quote, a pass on the meal and drink, and a maybe to the wine. Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports each day.

Prayers for DB, great nephew Alex's baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops in the region.  Also to our Care list folks who still suffer and we are praying for relief for you. 🙏 Jacqui @kazu I hope your antibiotics are helping now and the pain goes away.  Maureen @RMLincoln good luck at the colonoscopy, and I'm hoping your DH Richard's eye is doing okay.  Lorraine @cruising sister I send my prayers to your friend who lost her DGS and has the other one in the hospital with serious problems.  I can't imagine the pain and grief she is feeling.😢  Vanessa @JazzyV I hope your BFF is getting along okay and not in pain.  Karen @luvteaching best wishes to you today as you remember your DD DH on his 84th heavenly birthday.

Joy @Seasick Sailor you asked about my DB yesterday.  He is having a lot of problems with breathing, especially with wheezing.  He is keeping things more private lately.  I'm not sure if the very expensive meds the pharmaceutical company provides are helping any, but better them than nothing I guess. 

Congrats to those celebrating special events, and those on cruises.  I'm in the torturous period of running around trying to get everything ready for a cruise.  It will be good to relax onboard and spend the first week at sea.  In good news, the family in St. Louis is fine after yesterday morning's wild storms. Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping today!  Hope you are doing well!  Since I wasn't on Cruise Critic much yesterday let me say I hope memories of your DM yesterday on her 120th heavenly birthday brought you comfort. 😇

The port today is Da Nang (Hue), Vietnam.  This was the port once before on Oct. 27, 2022.  I have not been to that port in Vietnam, but did see several others and they were interesting.  I hope you will post your photos and thoughts on Da Nang if you can.  Here's the link to Oct. 27, 2022.

Off this morning to the hair appointment, then back to the packing and preparing.  Need to get the mail situation under control, but no call back from one neighbor.  Will move on to the other one.  Have a great day everyone!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Thunder and rain this morning.  It's really coming down.  I hope it doesn't last long.  We do need some rain, but not too much too quickly.  I'll take Bertie for a walk when it lets up.

Three good days to observe.

I like the quote, but I'd add wine to go with the chocolate.😉

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink and I'm sure the wine will be splendid.

Prayers for so many. 

Happy Hump Day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Our day started rather smoothly but the wind has picked up and the 32 ton Onward is rocking in 16-20 foot seas.

Starting to pack for our few days away from the ship. There will be around seventy disembarking in Port Elizabeth and we will rejoin ship Sunday in Wavis Bay.

Tonight we are dining with Captain Carl who is very entertaining then our guest pianist who use to open for Liberace will entertain. We saw him last year in June and he an amazing performer.

So that’s what happening in our neighborhood.

Hopefully I’ll be able to share some photos from our short excursions.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

It’s important to be prepared for disasters and everyday should be cruelty free but today I will celebrate “no sock day”. Generally my socks go away in spring and do not reappear until fall.  Perhaps I am following the “sock burning” tradition that originated in Annapolis.

After a particularly snowy winter in 1978, Annapolitan Bob Tuner was anxious to shed his socks with the arrival of spring. He invited his colleagues to celebrate the end of winter by burning their socks after work, a symbolic goodbye to winter as the group of boat builders, sailors, and watermen intended to forgo wearing socks until the cold weather returned; and so a tradition was born. 

The tradition has come to be celebrated every year on the Vernal Equinox, the day signaling the beginning of Spring and, more importantly in Annapolis, boating season. The Eastport Yacht Club and the Annapolis Maritime Museum continue to observe this tradition and, with the assistance of social media, sock burning has caught fire across the country — it is now celebrated from Pacific Northwest to New England and even in land-locked areas of Pennsylvania. These days,  the annual Sock Burning event has become quite popular and includes an oyster roast, food vendors, activities, and exhibits highlighting maritime heritage.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those on the celebration list.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

Grape Pucker Frappe cocktail:

Experience a burst of fruity delight with the "Grape Pucker Frappe" cocktail, a refreshing libation that combines the tangy sweetness of grapes with a cool and icy twist. This cocktail is a perfect balance of flavors, blending the natural freshness of grape juice with a hint of tartness. The Grape Pucker Frappe is a vibrant and invigorating drink that will awaken your taste buds and transport you to a world of fruity bliss. With its captivating color and delightful flavors, this cocktail is an excellent choice for any occasion, whether you're lounging by the pool or celebrating with friends. Get ready to pucker up and savor the tantalizing taste of the Grape Pucker Frappe.
Ingredients:
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. simply syrup
1 oz. grape juice
2 oz. grape vodka
Directions:

In a blender, combine the grape vodka, grape juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and a cup of ice cubes. Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
Pour the Grape Pucker Frappe into a chilled glass. Garnish the glass with fresh grapes(optional).

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 7.03.43 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 25

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the daily and Fleet reports. 

In the midst of a thunderstorm now. Rain for the next several days. I realized yesterday that I have to start preparing my presentation for a conference I am attending next month in Charlotte North Carolina. So much to do. So little time. 154 days to go until my cruise. Can't come fast enough. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Happy Wednesday Morning Cat

• Like 33

What a colorful drink the Grape Pucker Frappe...

Thank you to each who provide the Fleet Reports and details!!!

National Cruelty Free day sounds very promising...  Yet, will cruelty ever cease??  Some people just enjoy it too much.  For animals, the globe, and other humans...  I'm so sorry for these kinds of people and keep them in my prayers...  I pray God's mercy and change over them...  but their Free Will is always in play...

CHOCOLATE...  never enough!!! 

And the meal sound very YUMMY!!!  

God bless each of you with peace, strength, and an infinite imagination of goodness!!!

• Like 28

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Roy, thank you for our maps. Another glorious morning, though it is already 71. Summer is close. Yesterday’s high 80s were tempered by another day of strong Easterly winds. They need to stop long enough to let the rain in. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. Happy that you continue to improve. You had such a long road to recovery. 

Gym, manicure, Bindi walks, chores and definite pool time are in my future. 

IMG_2840.jpeg.0b8b0f5350d7a7ff6b3b14a3eb82ad25.jpeg

IMG_2790.jpeg.cf5023221b63caa5cc869ded68847b7c.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg.48de7b427552b8f7315f9b79b3ad0a31.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. 

Terry, keeping you, Tana and your families in my prayers. 
Maureen, praying that Richard’s eye improves. 
Annie, praying you & Chuck are ok. 
Praying for Amber & her family. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Chandon Brut Sparkling

Looking for a nice, reasonably priced sparkling wine? Look no further. Consumers and critics love it. You can find it almost anywhere. And it is priced for almost any budget. Online prices start at $16.97.

Winemaker Notes

This wine offers the balance and elegance that has become Chandon's hallmark style. When you taste Brut Classic, look for nutty flavors with hints of brioche that build to a refreshingly dry finish. The wine delivers complex apple and pear characteristics accented by citrus spice over notes of almond and caramel in the bouquet.

Chandon California Brut is great with anything salty, creamy or nutty. It’s particularly fond of shellfish, crab, oysters, fried chicken, and Caesar salad.

• 95Decanter

Elegant and vibrant aromas of crisp apples, zesty yellow citrus and touches of creamy notes. Very smooth and soft on the palate, harmonious, with fine bubbles. Blend: 70% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Noir.

• 92The Somm Journal

The luxe packaging may be brand-new, but when it comes to what’s inside, Domaine Chandon knows full well not to fix what ain’t broke: The multiregional, traditionalmethod blend of 73% Chardonnay, 26% Pinot Noir, and 1% Pinot Meunier is a sure bet for everyday bubbly. Scents of ripe Anjou pear, apple butter, and sweet florals attend a palate that starts out crisp as lace, then quickly spreads out on the mid-palate, juicy to the finish with apricot nectar and grapefruit rin

• 91Tasting Panel

Ripe, succulent nose; smooth, lush, and rounded with a dense, fruity style. Rich, elegant, and long with depth and considerable finesse.

• 91Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
    COMMENTARY: I tasted and retailed the first release of the Chandon Brut in December 1976. I had visited Domaine Chandon's offices in Yountville before the winery existed. I think the winery was called M&H Company, but I'll have to refer to my earliest notebooks if my notes still exist. Domaine Chandon Yountville marked a new direction for the world of California sparkling wines, and the industry has never looked back. The Chandon Brut is steady as it has always been. TASTING NOTES: This wine is subtle, fresh, almost complex, and perfect. Its aromas and flavors of dried herbs, tart fruit, and chalk would be a beautiful way to start dinner. Pair it with a raw seafood bar or just enjoy it by itself. (Tasted: July 18, 2020, San Francisco, CA)
  • 90Wine Enthusiast

Toasty, buttery aromas and a rich palate of peaches and vanilla give this forward wine plenty to savor. A creamy mouthfeel goes nicely with the generous flavors.

• 90James Suckling

Red apple, lemon rind and some brioche character. Smooth bubbles and pleasant, fresh acidity helps balance the generosity here, giving a vibrant feel. Not complex, but delightful. A blend of chardonnay and pinot noir. Bottled in March 2021. Drink now.

• 89Wine Spectator

Supple and sleek, with generous apple, lemon and yeast roll accents that linger on the soft finish. Drink now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Grape Pucker Frappe cocktail:

Experience a burst of fruity delight with the "Grape Pucker Frappe" cocktail, a refreshing libation that combines the tangy sweetness of grapes with a cool and icy twist. This cocktail is a perfect balance of flavors, blending the natural freshness of grape juice with a hint of tartness. The Grape Pucker Frappe is a vibrant and invigorating drink that will awaken your taste buds and transport you to a world of fruity bliss. With its captivating color and delightful flavors, this cocktail is an excellent choice for any occasion, whether you're lounging by the pool or celebrating with friends. Get ready to pucker up and savor the tantalizing taste of the Grape Pucker Frappe.
Ingredients:
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. simply syrup
1 oz. grape juice
2 oz. grape vodka
Directions:

In a blender, combine the grape vodka, grape juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and a cup of ice cubes. Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
Pour the Grape Pucker Frappe into a chilled glass. Garnish the glass with fresh grapes(optional).

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 7.03.43 AM.png

Yum, yum! Love anything grape but also includes a pucker.

When growing up in Alabama there was this pickle company, Whitfield Pickles, whose slogan was, “We have the pickle with the perfect pucker”. By the way my 9th grade English teacher was the one and only Mrs. Whitfield. Everyday we puckered up! 😀😀

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 13
  • Haha 11

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites! The sun is not up high enough for me to verify it's existence for today, but it seems that since the birds are up and feeding at the feeder, it must be as it is light in the front of the house, and still dark in the back.

The trip to vet for Munchikin and the 4 "monster" babies was a bit of a learning experience.  Turns out kitten food should be fed to the mother to help produce milk for the kittens.  I thought it was food for the kittens when they are old enough to eat.  And it is , but it should be Munchkins food for now.  She hates it.  But she is not producing enough milk for the babies.so now DH and I have to take over supplemental feeding.  And I can mix the food in with her regular food, so we are hoping that  helps.  The babies are growing, and slowly walking around in their box. The white and black one, is even standing on her back legs, pulling herself up to the top of the box to look out and see the world.  The "herd" consists of two girls and two boys.  The vet didn't really know how much they should weigh, but based on Momma's lack of milk, she thinks they should be a little more in weight.  Sadly I could find more on the internet regarding kittens, than this vet knew.

We got the kittens and Momma all settled back on the porch, and then ran out to get what we needed, more kitten food, litter for mom, litter for our indoorians, paper plates to feed the cat gang on, and lunch, and whatever dinner might be.  On the way home on a 3 lane highway, and me driving in the right lane, some idiot turned from the center lane into my lane, so that he could drive into a business parking lot.  I saw the motion to get in my lane,so I started slowing down, but he crossed right in front of me  and I had to slam on the brakes.  I told DH if we had two cars, I really would have slammed right into this idiot, but we dont, so DH and I were both pretty shooken up by the very quick stop, and I probably wore flat spots on the tires.  I was still shaking by the time we got home, and got the groceries out, and I  learned once again that Stress will affect your blood sugar, as all of a sudden my diabetes meter started screaming.  I checked it,  the graph showed it had shot straight up. Sat for a few minutes to calm down and then went to work.

I owe my boss one hour this morning, and then take DH to his heart and vein doc appointment.  Since the PET scan showed irritation on his leg stent, more surgery is in the very near future. This was the area that the doc could not clear without a laser, and the laser was not working the day of his previous surgery.  So back to the hospital, soon!

f3fc605fb198c9be27f47f39fd358cb5.jpg

5ec9c2e24de1c.jpeg

I now need to go back and catch up on reading yesterdays daily.  I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day. 

Before I forget, my Dad told me that one of the worst days in history for animals was in the late 1890's.  Vermont. August. The cattle were up on the hills, and a snow storm-really a blizzard came in, and no one could get to the animals, they pretty much froze to death, so it is important to be aware of National Animal Disaster preparedness Day.. Hugs-Annie

• Like 27
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be sunny and mid 70s here in mid-Michigan today.  My plan is to power wash the deck and back patio.  Then I am ordering patio furniture for the back patio.  I'm getting a gas firepit to go with it and we'll get rid of the ugly fire ring in the back yard.  Sue wants to plant a red bud tree in that spot.  I also need to give the grill a spring cleaning - get the ash out of the bottom and change the drip pan.  Then we'll be all ready for summer.  

@0106 Tina, I think one of the joys of summer is not having to wash, match, and fold socks.  I love no sock loads of wash.  

@Cruising-along I am glad to hear a positive report about Amber.  Do they have any idea what caused this?  

@kazu I hope the foot pain is better with the antibiotics.  

@StLouisCruisers Warm thoughts for your brother.  He has a difficult road ahead of him.

@RMLincoln I hope things continue to improve for DH and that all goes well with the colonoscopy.

@luvteaching Warm thoughts to you on your DD DH's birthday.

@JazzyV I hope BFF is adjusting and doing well with his injury.  

Today's meal is one I loved.  I gave up spinach salads due to the oxalate load in spinach and the association with kidney stones.  After the third kidney stone I decided I could live without spinach. Cooking the spinach helps reduce the oxalate load, so I will occasionally have that.  If you don't have a tendency towards kidney stones, this may be the summer meal for you!  I like the suggestion of adding mushrooms and a bit of red onion.  https://www.saltandlavender.com/spinach-salad-with-bacon-and-eggs/

spinachsaladwithbaconandeggs1.thumb.jpg.4c564e3c7b0c8e64337a8244883b92ed.jpg

This one has a mustard vinaigrette dressing that sounds good.  https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/spinach-salad-with-bacon-eggs/

spinachsaladwithbaconandeggs2.thumb.jpg.b0eabf4ccdd36d9fa919a061836fa417.jpg

This is Alton Brown's take on it with a warm bacon dressing.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/spinach-salad-with-warm-bacon-dressing-recipe-1947599

spinachsaladwithbaconandeggs3.thumb.jpeg.77378b4a016c06fe08381ca561dbee6a.jpeg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 16

An early good morning from central Texas.  It is already 75F with a predicted high of 88F and 10 to 15 mph winds.  It looks like there is a chance for scattered thunderstorms this afternoon, but rain is predicted for tomorrow.  It will be a busy day between me cleaning house, and DH getting new tires for one of the cars.  At least, he only has to go as far as the corner gas station since the owner ordered the tires yesterday.  It's nice we don't have to go to Waco for the tires.

I had never heard of Thalassemia, but it is a disease that needs more study.  I think after the wildfires in the panhandle, people should have a plan for their animals in case of a disaster.  Cruelty Free Day, hopefully every day, would be wonderful.

As a unrepentant chocoholic, I love the Linda Grayson quote.  As someone said it, would be nice if the friend also brought red wine, too.

I would like the meal, but DH does not like spinach salad.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We docked in Chan May, Vietnam, on Coral Princess in 2018, and took a tour to Hue.

Today in history saw the end of a brutal war in Europe.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for educating us about Thalassemia.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope you and Sue enjoy your safari.

@0106  Tina, thanks for the information about sock burning day.  I had never heard of it.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your BFF is doing all right and managing with his broken ankle.

@dfish  Debbie, you  have a busy day planned.  I need to power wash our driveway and port once the rain stops for a while.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad you and DH avoided the accident.  Just because some one has a driver's license doesn't mean they really know how to drive.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope your foot is less painful and that you had a good night's sleep.

440973993_293395287147136_68281471409618246_n.jpg.6a984b2bbf8bd490df48ea84e07f7cdb.jpg

441029198_295335440286454_8343719537752233263_n.jpg.bb1943ca4a223020704b84c6e21c5ada.jpg

441379011_748125697482574_4117387473369872515_n.jpg.c168d2767e083b5592f957a76edac048.jpg

441747505_10159412855981431_8622938827971112722_n.jpg.847d769449800c60b2bf3aa09415294f.jpg

441450701_295718456914819_6633192857908072036_n.jpg.433b17930fb4183ab77f58ed5b506ac1.jpg

441461799_295142873639044_5102105247167140756_n.jpg.a116a91d60d68029384f437d27aaff2b.jpg

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 19

On October 26, 2018, Coral Princess docked in Chan May, Vietnam.  This was the port for tours to either Danang or Hue.  Out tour was to Hue, the ancient imperial capital, with stops at the Imperial Palace, a Pagoda, a ride on the Perfume River and a visit to six of seven royal tombs.

On the drive from the port to Hue

DSC05353.thumb.JPG.00cf48e845f63e9116ea4dec19bbe253.JPG

Crossing the Perfume River

DSC05363.thumb.JPG.21db1df744abcaa1a10aca1d00ad9772.JPG

The Citadel which encloses the grounds of the Imperial City, seat of the Ngugian Dynasty.  Hue was the capital of Vietnam from 1802 until 1945.

DSC05373.thumb.JPG.9470a36ca87252dd6f8309bd1341c139.JPG

DSC05375.thumb.JPG.91a75166d636a8ae7a7332e272dab186.JPG

DSC05378.thumb.JPG.f60b869fcc52d5e696c563925f77bb29.JPG

DSC05379.thumb.JPG.7aa08548c91614c78487fc44aaf914e0.JPG

DSC05386.thumb.JPG.7b9a290f2058b3447f630209f7b3463b.JPG

DSC05388.thumb.JPG.56a4166049c923940d124c85cd834822.JPG

The gate we exited the Citadel

DSC05412.thumb.JPG.6fdf15b9572b6f7f5dfe78f150eeb246.JPG

Nearby was the inevitable display of military materiel left behind.  The display also included a MIG.

DSC05421.thumb.JPG.2c55969bc83f24542192f3761f3b3d02.JPG

The next stop was the Then Mu Pagoda.  Buddhist monks live in this pagoda which was built in 1601.

DSC05434.thumb.JPG.fa805dc75906c51bbad6a2af237c41f0.JPG

DSC05453.thumb.JPG.5da3c47694aeeca8ec364dd3db82b652.JPG

Next we took a dragon boat ride on the Perfume River to reach a resort for lunch, and then returned to our buses by dragon boat.

DSC05448.thumb.JPG.3ad325298243add21d4730d64cd5b6fc.JPG

A couple of street scenes.

DSC05356.thumb.JPG.0988cc1c96c7f5d62e0b977350df88b4.JPG

DSC05360.thumb.JPG.f9afbdca0d0a9b2f4d1309a4f88b1f08.JPG

There seven important royal tombs in Hue.  One is one the Citadel side of the river and the other six are in an area on the other side of the river.  We visited those tombs.  I have pictures of three tombs and the area.

DSC05495.thumb.JPG.4998376a72e3df426ae30bead3314e50.JPG

DSC05500.thumb.JPG.7e41b574decb98eb27d3aae1a8d814ae.JPG

DSC05501.thumb.JPG.5ca36c8792e035185c5796578b98485f.JPG

DSC05518.thumb.JPG.5d4dfb43227965967d213c7120095949.JPG

The tombs are lined up in a row.  To reach the tombs, you climb up one, down the other side, and repeat with each tomb.  There is also was walkway around the tombs.  We climbed two, and then just wandered around the area until it was time to return to the buses.

We enjoyed our three days in Vietnam, and I'd go back if given the opportunity.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good morning everyone!  Thanks for the Daily and maps Jacqui, Roy and Rich.    Three important days with stopping animal cruelty and having a plan for one's animals in a disaster.   Thanks for the definition of Thalassemia Graham, a disease I had heard of but didn't know exactly what it was.   Thanks for the photos of Da Nang @Quartzsite Cruiser.  It looks like an interesting place.   A good quote especially as spendy as chocolate is getting.   VE Day was cause for huge celebrations and continuing to this day, unfortunately many people are unaware of the war and what is accomplished in world order.  

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa,  I hope that your BFF is feeling better.   @luvteaching Thinking of you on your late husband's birthday memory.  @marshhawk Wow, what a scare.  I hope you got your Blood Sugar back down shortly thereafter.   Prayers for Maurice, Tana, Terry, Richard and Jacqui and everyone else in our group needing prayers.   Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the Israel hostages, the Russian hostages and the innocents in Gaza.   

@aliaschief What a lovely place you will be visiting on your safari.  I now know why HA doesn't have any crackers, they are all at your safari resort.  🙂

The tornadoes missed us by about 20 miles.  They hit very close to my Dermatologist's office and the Senior Center where we hold our annual Greens sale.    They looked very large and scary on the news but it was mainly a lot of downed trees and property damage.   The side of the Fedex warehouse was sheared off but only about 15 injured people.   I was much closer to the 1980 tornado that hit Kalamazoo when 5 people were killed, it knocked down trees and snapped telephone poles 100 yards away.   A lot of plant sale work today.  Have a good Wednesday, Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2