The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 9th,

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Good days today and very important day in history. Pass on the meal but sub broccoli for the spinach & add 🥓 and other cheeses and I'd be in, yes to the drink & wine, not been to the port and am enjoying the pictures. 

Make the substitutions and enjoy!

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Tuesday neurologist appt was frustrating - he understands why I have not started the med he prescribed but is confused why insurance denied it. He says the dosage he wants me to take is 1/4 the accepted max and it's neither new, experimental nor expensive. So rather than switching to a different one, he cut the dosage in half (so now 1/8 the accepted max) to see if ins will approve; if so, he'll increase it from there. He referred me to OT to see if they can help me learn to handle computer work & get me through a full day.  Lastly, he would not sign the FMLA or Accom papers saying I need to get & work an OT plan first and see how I respond to meds. That still leaves me off work w/o pay and my employment unprotected. Ugh.

Pharmacist cautioned me that even at a very low dose I should take 1st of the pills at night due to extreme 💤 and to be aware they could make me "loopy." How a person is supposed to work 12ish hours on a computer being "loopy" and fall-alseep-in-your-mashed-potatoes tired is something I cannot comprehend. 

So much wrong here.  Did the Dr. appeal the decision of the insurance company?   Always appeal, especially given that this med is not experimental or expensive.  And he's not the one that needs to try and work under those conditions.  I would be particularly upset since you have no job protection currently and can't work.  Would your PCP sign the papers?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Today's sunrise is from a 2015 Crystal Serenity transatlantic.  May 9 was a sea day from Bermuda to Porta Delgada:

dawn0509.jpg

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick check in.

Sorry for not being around.

I have been under the weather since yesterday.

I will try to be back tomorrow.

Terri

Take care.

Hopefully you will be well tomorrow Terri.

• Like 7

Than you to all that organize the Daily and Fleet Report. I had an “Operator Problem” today trying to log into CC. Multiple tries and still not recognizing my login and password. Then I noticed the address ended in “UK!” Duh! Off course, we are anchored in the Georgetown, Cayman Islands harbor. I came very close to changing my password.

We had a very interesting tour guide today. He had been born on Cayman but went to school in the US. Came back and spent 40 years in the International Banking industry. 11 children and four wives, retired, now occasionally driving a tour bus. We drove the along the South Shore after visiting the Tortuga Rum Cake factory.

Tonight we have a “Tropical Pool Party” on the Yacht Club Pool Deck.

Currently we just left Georgetown enroute for Cozumel tomorrow morning.

Stay safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick check in.

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry your not feeling well, and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

I have been to Norway but not to Flam. The quiche sounds wonderful if someone else would make it for me and serve it with a white wine. No on the drink and on the red wine

Yesterday afternoon there was an areawide outage of Cox Cable internet that lasted from about 3PM until??? after 10PM. Today everything seems to be working.

I had my appointment with Dr. Eng at Banner University Hospital. After further intensive review of my heart test procedures he said that the valvuloplasty would not work on me so after ruling out surgery, TMVR and valvuloplasty I can only be treated with medication and diet. I am okay with that; in a way I am relieved that I will not be undergoing any invasive procedures, even if minor. I am feeling well as long as I take it slow and easy. Please take my name off thecare list rotation.

My son was forced by the company he worked for to resign due to health reasons. So far he has not been able to get any help at all in Tulsa so he will be coming here to live with me probably by the end of this month. I am sure it will be an adjustment for both of us but in the long run it should be good as we will have each other for help and care as needed.

Prayers for all who need them and praise God for those who do not.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick check in.

Terri

I hope you feel better soon! 

• Like 10

Well, that trip to pick up a car took way too long.  There must have been delays during storms today and the line at the rental car counter was 40 deep.  Had we known Avis has us as a preferred customer and if we'd had an Avis app we could have seen our car was sitting out there in the parking garage with our name on it.  For some reason cell service was blocked at the rental car parking area.  We asked a guy parked next to us if he had SOS only service and he said yes, for the last 35 minutes!  Who knows what was going on.  Anyway, DH got to the car reserved for him and noticed the PSI was only 17 in one tire so refused the car.  Who knows if it had a nail in it?  They quickly provided a new vehicle though I doubt the gas mileage will be as good with this one.  As long as I get to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow, I don't care!!!

The storms were mostly gone by the time we headed to Atlanta, and no tornadoes so we're good now.

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Good days today and very important day in history. Pass on the meal but sub broccoli for the spinach & add 🥓 and other cheeses and I'd be in, yes to the drink & wine, not been to the port and am enjoying the pictures. 

Tuesday neurologist appt was frustrating - he understands why I have not started the med he prescribed but is confused why insurance denied it. He says the dosage he wants me to take is 1/4 the accepted max and it's neither new, experimental nor expensive. So rather than switching to a different one, he cut the dosage in half (so now 1/8 the accepted max) to see if ins will approve; if so, he'll increase it from there. He referred me to OT to see if they can help me learn to handle computer work & get me through a full day.  Lastly, he would not sign the FMLA or Accom papers saying I need to get & work an OT plan first and see how I respond to meds. That still leaves me off work w/o pay and my employment unprotected. Ugh.

Pharmacist cautioned me that even at a very low dose I should take 1st of the pills at night due to extreme 💤 and to be aware they could make me "loopy." How a person is supposed to work 12ish hours on a computer being "loopy" and fall-alseep-in-your-mashed-potatoes tired is something I cannot comprehend. 

Hugs @smitty34877 @RMLincoln @Nickelpenny @luvteaching

Safe travels @StLouisCruisers. Prayers 🙏 @StLouisCruisers and others in path of tornadoes stay safe.

I planned to make a meatloaf yesterday but decided I didn't want to heat the kitchen up and today is no better, so I have to find something else to do w/the pound of ground beef that is thawed.

Currently muggy 81° headed to 84°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240509_113446.thumb.jpg.57b6ceadee884c0a14cafd5d6d593872.jpg

Thanks Elizabeth!  No tornadoes turned up here, thank the Lord!  I hope the med issue gets worked out eventually with the best outcome for you.

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  The last time I checked, the predicted rain is not supposed to start until 6pm with a strong thunderstorm.  I know I've said this before, but our rain predictions are a moving target, and many times no rain.  After living here for 25 years, all but two outdoor lights need replacing or need new bulbs.  The other two lights were replaced about ten years ago.  I have been looking on line at light fixtures, to get an idea of what's available.  Since most of the fixtures are in the rv/carport which has very high ceilings, we are looking at replacing the fixtures with ones that use LED bulbs.

Joy, I'm happy the magnolia will be all right.  

Brenda, thanks for the pictures of Bletchley Park and the Enigma machine.  I would like to see them sometime.

Sandi, safe travels to Atlanta today and safe travels tomorrow.  Thanks for the help with the links tomorrow.  I messed around last week finding links for the days you were in Florida, so I think I have figured out what will work best for me.  I'll be happy to post any pictures of yours I find if you haven't beaten me to it.  Don't worry about the links, just have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Elizabeth, I'm sorry you are still having to jump through hoops to get your leave approved.  I hope the plan to prescribe a lower dosage of the medicine works.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda! 👍

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased you are getting everything sorted and packed ready for your amazing cruise Sandi.

Thanks Graham!  Not much sleep tonight because we're leaving in the middle of the night practically.  We don't drive over the speed limit normally, need breaks every couple hours, and who knows about accidents and other traffic jams.  We'll leave lots of time to arrive at the car rental drop off place.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just a quick check in.

Terri

Get better soon Terri!  

26 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I have been to Norway but not to Flam. The quiche sounds wonderful if someone else would make it for me and serve it with a white wine. No on the drink and on the red wine

Yesterday afternoon there was an areawide outage of Cox Cable internet that lasted from about 3PM until??? after 10PM. Today everything seems to be working.

I had my appointment with Dr. Eng at Banner University Hospital. After further intensive review of my heart test procedures he said that the valvuloplasty would not work on me so after ruling out surgery, TMVR and valvuloplasty I can only be treated with medication and diet. I am okay with that; in a way I am relieved that I will not be undergoing any invasive procedures, even if minor. I am feeling well as long as I take it slow and easy. Please take my name off thecare list rotation.

My son was forced by the company he worked for to resign due to health reasons. So far he has not been able to get any help at all in Tulsa so he will be coming here to live with me probably by the end of this month. I am sure it will be an adjustment for both of us but in the long run it should be good as we will have each other for help and care as needed.

Jane

Jane, I hope the medication and diet works well for you and thankfully you won't need a surgery that way.  Having your son there with you will be a good thing for both of you, I bet.  

DS, DDIL and Ren go to Bethesda, Maryland tomorrow for an MLS Next Flex tournament.  They'll be there 3 to 4 days.  The next big tournament is in June in Nashville.  It's called the MLS Next Playoffs and Showcase June 15th to 23rd.  FC Dallas is already qualified.  I've requested we be kept updated since we probably won't have access to much in the way of results.  We try to keep up with Ren and his soccer life.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, that trip to pick up a car took way too long.  There must have been delays during storms today and the line at the rental car counter was 40 deep.  Had we known Avis has us as a preferred customer and if we'd had an Avis app we could have seen our car was sitting out there in the parking garage with our name on it.  For some reason cell service was blocked at the rental car parking area.  We asked a guy parked next to us if he had SOS only service and he said yes, for the last 35 minutes!  Who knows what was going on.  Anyway, DH got to the car reserved for him and noticed the PSI was only 17 in one tire so refused the car.  Who knows if it had a nail in it?  They quickly provided a new vehicle though I doubt the gas mileage will be as good with this one.  As long as I get to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow, I don't care!!!

The storms were mostly gone by the time we headed to Atlanta, and no tornadoes so we're good now.

Thanks Elizabeth!  No tornadoes turned up here, thank the Lord!  I hope the med issue gets worked out eventually with the best outcome for you.

Thanks Lenda! 👍

Thanks Graham!  Not much sleep tonight because we're leaving in the middle of the night practically.  We don't drive over the speed limit normally, need breaks every couple hours, and who knows about accidents and other traffic jams.  We'll leave lots of time to arrive at the car rental drop off place.

Get better soon Terri!  

Jane, I hope the medication and diet works well for you and thankfully you won't need a surgery that way.  Having your son there with you will be a good thing for both of you, I bet.  

DS, DDIL and Ren go to Bethesda, Maryland tomorrow for an MLS Next Flex tournament.  They'll be there 3 to 4 days.  The next big tournament is in June in Nashville.  It's called the MLS Next Playoffs and Showcase June 15th to 23rd.  FC Dallas is already qualified.  I've requested we be kept updated since we probably won't have access to much in the way of results.  We try to keep up with Ren and his soccer life.

Safe travels to you & Dennis, Sandi! Be sure to look East & wave at exit 278. If it is after 6 a.m., Bindi & I will be up. 

I-95 is never fun, but it beats I-4. Barely!  

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Safe travels to you & Dennis, Sandi! Be sure to look East & wave at exit 278. If it is after 6 a.m., Bindi & I will be up. 

I-95 is never fun, but it beats I-4. Barely!  

I definitely always wave at exit 278 every time, Ann!  Dennis can attest to that fact!  It takes forever just to get out of Georgia so you and Bindi will be up for hours!  

• Like 9

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days. I like the quote. The meal looks good, I've never had a Cosmopolitan yet, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Flam. I just recently watched a movie about Alan Turing and cracking the code.

What a day. Raining off and on all day. I didn't sleep well last night, I think worrying about BFF. I took him to his appointment, and he will need surgery. Then we stopped and picked up a Frosty each on the way back to his house. The surgeon wanted a CT scan, as there may be a 3rd small fracture and he needs to see how large the piece is. So he called, and they said can you be here in half an hour? So out we go again. It's very hard for him to move around; I got a wheelchair and got him to the test. Then I drove home. I think a glass of wine is in order. I'm exhausted.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your refrigerator, but better it happened before you went away. Lovely Flam photos.

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation of Europe Day. Nice photos.

@marshhawk Good luck tomorrow. 

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@Nickelpenny Hugs. I hope the surgery exceeds your expectations in terms of helping the pain and numbness.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you're going to get more help, both from external sources and the younger bodies at home. Take care of yourself.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Flam and Myrdal.

@luvteaching I'm glad you were able to get through yesterday fairly well.

@Haljo1935 Sorry to hear how the neurology visit went, especially with regards to the FMLA. 

@Cruzin Terri Feel better soon!

@Heartgrove It sounds like you're having a fun time.

@lazey1 I hope medication and diet will keep things on track. Sorry your son was forced to resign, but it sounds good that you will be there for each other.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

I might be the last to learn about the possibility of the Aurora reaching us this far South, but just in case I am not - I wanted to share. 

I haven’t seen a projected timeline, so who knows what “late on May 10th - early May 11th” means.  Perhaps between 11 & 1?

I was lucky to see it once on Cape Cod in the Fall and it was magical. Would love the chance to see it again. 

IMG_2859.jpeg.5fb1bda682e6b7b192f3206b237b6fea.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

@StLouisCruisers

Just a heads up Sandi, you might encounter smoke South of Daytona. A wildfire has been reported in Port Orange. The County is trying to get it under control.  The winds are really bad right now. They almost seem to be coming from every direction. The fawns are getting spooked by the trees whipping around. 

If it gets really bad, they will set up a detour. But either the visibility has to be non-existent, or the fire has to get too close to 95 - before they set up a detour. That has only happened twice in my 8+ years here. 

Be safe. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I've spent a considerable amount of time yesterday and today mowing grass--it was really too high for my battery mower, so the batteries ran down quickly and I had to pause while they recharged (I have two). It is always a question whether the mower or I will run out of energy first.

Yesterday we ran down simultaneously, but today the mower was first in every round. There is still a little left, between my driveway and the neighbor's. If I had known that it wouldn't begin to rain until 8:00, instead of 5:00 as the forecast said, I would have planned to resume.

Without my glasses, the cut parts look OK. With them, I can see how rough it is. It should really be mown again in a couple of days, not that the weather forecast is cooperating.

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers

Just a heads up Sandi, you might encounter smoke South of Daytona. A wildfire has been reported in Port Orange. The County is trying to get it under control.  The winds are really bad right now. They almost seem to be coming from every direction. The fawns are getting spooked by the trees whipping around. 

If it gets really bad, they will set up a detour. But either the visibility has to be non-existent, or the fire has to get too close to 95 - before they set up a detour. That has only happened twice in my 8+ years here. 

Be safe. 

Thanks Ann, we'll be on the lookout.  Going to bed now and up at 2 am.

• Like 7

Good morning from beautiful British Columbia. We are spending a few days here before going on Koningsdam. The flight on AirCanada left me underwhelmed but we landed safely. It is a warm 20 degrees here. First time in Vancouver and I love it. We went to Hope today drove through the mountains. Hope has a statue of Stallone as Rambo. Lovely little town.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, dfish said:

So much wrong here.  Did the Dr. appeal the decision of the insurance company?   Always appeal, especially given that this med is not experimental or expensive.  And he's not the one that needs to try and work under those conditions.  I would be particularly upset since you have no job protection currently and can't work.  Would your PCP sign the papers?

Yes, Neurologist appealed the denial which resulted in a lower dosage being approved; that is the 1/8th dosage he wrote on Tues.

I spent 10 weeks trying to get PCP to sign the papers and decided to approach each Dr individually myself hoping one of them would come through. Ortho (shoulder surgeon) says he will sign when it's time for surgery & the dates are in place; that won't happen until the frozen shoulder is resolved.

Eye Dr will only sign if "invasive surgery" rather than the 4-part laser procedure she's doing is required.

The 3rd party administrator our company uses does not accept chiropractors, so she cannot help.

Aren't you glad you asked?🥺 yes, there is a lot wrong - thanks for listening. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

I get to jump on the dental bandwagon....some years ago I was fitted with a lower overdenture which has 2 anchor posts...long story short, one tooth that holds one attachment has developed a cavity so now both remaining anchor teeth have to be extracted to prep for implants.  Pricy for sure & no dental insurance but the good news is I can continue to use my current lower denture....extractions are on the 15th.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

@Lazy 1 Jane I’m glad you are relieved about not having the surgery and can approach these changes with your son. I hope his issues can improve. The problem with losing a job is that it usually means losing medical insurance. I hope his situation can stabilize. 

Vanessa, what a day. You just say very quickly that you got him a wheelchair but that can’t have been easy for you, and probably heavy!  I’m concerned for you and your own healing. Surrounding you with an edge of protection. 

Sandi, smooth travels!  And we’ll look forward to reports on Ren as well as your adventures. 

Elizabeth, it’s hard to see the horizon from the bottom of the trough. Hoping you get lifted by a new wave of better happenings soon. 

Thinking of Amber as she continues to fight through. And haven’t forgotten Murphy!  

Good night all, or G’day for our friends afar! m—

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Well, so much for the big thunderstorm we were supposed m to have earlier tonight.  About 6pm,it gor dark amd windy and a light rain startrd, but didn't last long.  All total, we received 0.03 inches of rain.  It looks like we could get a little rain off and on through Monday, but I doubt it will amount to much.

4 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Jane, I hope the medicine and diet continue to keep you feeling well.   It sounds like you are comfortable with the doctor's findings.  I'm sorry you son's company forced him to resign due to health reasons.  While it will be an adjustment for both of you, it will be beneficial for both of you to have someone there if needed.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days. I like the quote. The meal looks good, I've never had a Cosmopolitan yet, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Flam. I just recently watched a movie about Alan Turing and cracking the code.

What a day. Raining off and on all day. I didn't sleep well last night, I think worrying about BFF. I took him to his appointment, and he will need surgery. Then we stopped and picked up a Frosty each on the way back to his house. The surgeon wanted a CT scan, as there may be a 3rd small fracture and he needs to see how large the piece is. So he called, and they said can you be here in half an hour? So out we go again. It's very hard for him to move around; I got a wheelchair and got him to the test. Then I drove home. I think a glass of wine is in order. I'm exhausted.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your refrigerator, but better it happened before you went away. Lovely Flam photos.

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation of Europe Day. Nice photos.

@marshhawk Good luck tomorrow. 

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@Nickelpenny Hugs. I hope the surgery exceeds your expectations in terms of helping the pain and numbness.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you're going to get more help, both from external sources and the younger bodies at home. Take care of yourself.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Flam and Myrdal.

@luvteaching I'm glad you were able to get through yesterday fairly well.

@Haljo1935 Sorry to hear how the neurology visit went, especially with regards to the FMLA. 

@Cruzin Terri Feel better soon!

@Heartgrove It sounds like you're having a fun time.

@lazey1 I hope medication and diet will keep things on track. Sorry your son was forced to resign, but it sounds good that you will be there for each other.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

Vanessa, I'm sorry your BFF is facing surgery.  

Lenda

• Like 9

The end of a long day and my California visitors called me from their hotel just now to let me know that one of the girls had fallen and hurt her shoulder and where was the ER? However, after I asked a few questions,  they now are thinking it is just bruised so will wait until morning. They supposedly are headed back tomorrow- well, at least it is not life threatening.

Supposedly we are to get rain.... I will believe it when I see it.I am very tired.

Susan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4