Complaint letter

alallison06

Wow I am shocked ... I had an issue in my room that was honestly well my fault as we were in an handy cap room and I moved the towels in the bathroom not realizing they were there to prevent water from flowing into the room - So I went to customer service to see about getting something to dry the floor and they offered me OBC for something that was my own fault

Did you sail from New Orleans? If so, the ship was likely full. Do you have trip insurance? That will cover getting new luggage.

John H is probably your best bet for some type of attempt at resolution. Do you have photos and video?

It sounds miserable... sorry your honeymoon had all of the hassle

Let's see your iPhone video of this horrible cruise before we judge (flood cabin, being ignored, getting yelled at etc.). Putting in a complaint is one thing. Do you have evidence to back it up?

If you read Carnival boards, you would know that this issue constantly pops up as backed up plumbing spewing waste in cabins......and GS gets the same complaints every week, and they get tired of having to do, what they are told to do, ignore, ignore and ignore and they will give up.

If you read Carnival boards, you would know that this issue constantly pops up as backed up plumbing spewing waste in cabins......and GS gets the same complaints every week, and they get tired of having to do, what they are told to do, ignore, ignore and ignore and they will give up.

Been reading here for years and you are correct in this instance .

Yes, I have pictures of everything.

I think it is terrible that you did not get any help with your issue onboard. They should have moved you to a different cabin. If one wasn't available (most times they sail at full capacity) then they should have "made you whole" in some way.

Make sure you send the letter/pictures certified/return receipt. That way you know it was received on the other end. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Let's see your iPhone video of this horrible cruise before we judge (flood cabin, being ignored, getting yelled at etc.). Putting in a complaint is one thing. Do you have evidence to back it up?

I'm sorry....I guess I didn't know that we were the judge and jury!?! If you had read the thread, then you would know the OP said she had photos of the mess. How about cutting her a little slack.

Does anyone know if cruise ships leave a few rooms open, just in case they need to move someone? From working in the hotel industry I know we have back up rooms available either at that hotel or a nearby hotel, just in case. Obviously on a ship you can't just move people to a different nearby location. So they should have some contingency plan. What would happen if the room was completely uninhabitable and the ship was full?

Do you have pictures of the water inside your room? Pictures of the damaged luggage? That's horrible. I would of been bitching all day the first day. They would've had to move us asap. I have no patience for stuff like that. Get a hold of that John H guy for sure. Hope you get a free cruise coming your way

If you read the boards of other lines, you'll find the rare instances of the exact same complaint. It's not a rampant problem across the Carnival brand nor is it isolated only to Carnival. Weekly complaints are another dramatic embellishment for which you are famous.

Been reading here for years and you are correct in this instance .

If you've been "reading here for years" you'll also no the number one cause of plumbing issues on board cruise ships is not because of any failure on the ship's part but the passengers trying to flush things they shouldn't.

You both can continue to try making this some nefarious "deep dark secret" unique to Carnival that they continue to ignore but the facts are something altogether different.

Boredom and an axe to grind might just cause the loss of an appendage. Please be careful.

First of all, pay NO attention to our forum troll Havingfun2010. He is not here to help you. He is only here to ridicule Carnival and Carnival cruisers.

Secondly, despite that fact that he claims this happens all the time on Carnival (funny Ive been back over here for over a year and this is the first one I recall) and wants you to believe this is a Carnival only problem, I have a few links here to show you that it happens on his precious Royal Caribbean as well with similar results. Basically put, "ship happens" on ALL cruise lines and this is NOT a Carnival only problem.

Im sorry you had to deal with it and fully believe it will be made right.

[YOUTUBE]Tav-eGv-kd0[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=251483

http://www.******************.com/2015/01/25/electrical-issues-caused-flooding-delays-royal-caribbeans-serenade-of-the-seas

If you read the boards of other lines, you'll find the rare instances of the exact same complaint. It's not a rampant problem across the Carnival brand nor is it isolated only to Carnival. Weekly complaints are another dramatic embellishment for which you are famous.

If you've been "reading here for years" you'll also no the number one cause of plumbing issues on board cruise ships is not because of any failure on the ship's part but the passengers trying to flush things they shouldn't.

You both can continue to try making this some nefarious "deep dark secret" unique to Carnival that they continue to ignore but the facts are something altogether different.

Boredom and an axe to grind might just cause the loss of an appendage. Please be careful.

BOOM! Could not have put this any better myself. Just wait though. Our comments are the only ones that will be deleted.

Wow!!! The same thing happened to me in 2015 on the Valor about 3 days into the cruise. We had to mo've from a balcony to ocean view. Not a happy cruiser. I called the 1800 number and pressed the key for back from your cruise. I know how you are feeling and felt.

Does anyone know if cruise ships leave a few rooms open, just in case they need to move someone? From working in the hotel industry I know we have back up rooms available either at that hotel or a nearby hotel, just in case. Obviously on a ship you can't just move people to a different nearby location. So they should have some contingency plan. What would happen if the room was completely uninhabitable and the ship was full?

I know they use to , not sure now . We had a member of our group that hung a blouse onto one of those fire sprinklers and set it off ,dumb i know :rolleyes:. But they cleaned the room and put them in a Balcony room.

True, but the service could be improved on along with the attitude towards the customer. Carnivals answer to some people really is just to ignore the problem. You know that as well.

Edited by BoDidly

Did you have trip insurance? I would think that could maybe cover the damaged luggage? I'm

Surprised no one came to your room. I complained once about the temp in our room and they sent some poor guy to "fix" it. I then realized they had no intention of letting me cool down the room with the A/C. Either way, they at least sent someone and then even let us borrow a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several inches of water that flooded not only the bathroom, but also our cabin that kept the carpet wet the entire trip. ...

Why didn't your cabin steward do something about this? If there were inches of water, how could he/she possibly vacuum the floor? I would have thought that the cabin steward would certainly have reported this to his/her supervisor. If there was that much water, it should have been running into the hallway, and easily been noticed by the staff.

We have had much more minor issues with our cabin and Guest Services has always made certain the issues were corrected. They usually follow up with us to make certain the problem was corrected and sometimes give us drink coupons or a bottle of wine for our trouble.

If this all happened on the first day, your first step should have been to take your documentation to Guest Services and ask -- firmly -- to speak to the Hotel Manager about being moved.

If at that point they are still stonewalling you, you invoke Carnival's Vacation Guarantee. You'd have had time since this all developed during the first day. Once invoked, Carnival MUST give you a full refund, they MUST transport you back to your embarkation port at their expense from the first non-U.S. port, etc. You'd lose your full vacation experience, but you'd leave the ship early, wiser, and without having to deal with an apparently untenable situation.

--Or you'd get what my sister and I got on our Liberty cruise: moved to a different stateroom. In that case, the ship HAD sailed full, but apparently someone couldn't make the cruise and informed Carnival they were not going to meet the ship later...and so we got their room. But it took the Vacation Guarantee before they took that step to move us.

Everyone is asking "What happened onboard? What did they do for you?" I am guessing that OP did get some compensation onboard and now in hindsight wants to do the compliant letter for more which may or may not be warranted.

If the backup of water happened once. Then usually you get comped in some form for one night plus damages like luggage. The carpet is dried out in a few hours. That was our experience on two cruises on different lines.