Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Huh, just confused, weird post.

Yes, weird post. Sorry I jumped to conclusions when I saw the name or rather something close to it I failed to check the spelling....it appeared to me to be Melania......again I assumed instead of verifying. If I offended I apologize.

It certainly got a few stirred up...sorry

Charles

Edited by ChazR

I got a feeling that the interior desgin might not be toooooo far from the future interior of the Virgin cruise ship.

Oh well, I am booked, anyway. Will post loooooads of photos in the first week of December.

I look forward to your review...

bon voyage

Thanks Lloyd. I really like the wood panels particularly on the ceiling of Tuscan. All of these pictures are really making it hard to wait another 5 1/2 moths till our cruise!

Germancruiser- we will agree to disagree on the beautiful bow!

So many posts on facebook about how to dress for dinner.... with debates often raging about jeans and shorts. But when you see the photos of the Edge interior..... hard to imagine anyone feeling comfortable wandering the public areas in very casual attire. It looks so lovely...yeh a bit cutting edge... but somehow shorts and a tank top don't seem to fit the atmosphere. That atrium is fabulous. Glad this cruise we will have a drink package... will have to pack a few more dresses.

So many posts on facebook about how to dress for dinner....

with debates often raging about jeans and shorts.

But when you see the photos of the Edge interior..... hard to imagine anyone feeling comfortable wandering the public areas in very casual attire.

It looks so lovely...yeh a bit cutting edge... but somehow shorts and a tank top don't seem to fit the atmosphere.

will have to pack a few more dresses.

Part of the issue on "dress-up" is the airlines, and how much luggage one is allowed.

I would agree shorts and tank tops aren’t appropriate for dinner, but in common areas on a cruise ship? Go for it. All the videos and photos we see of the Edge have pretty much everyone dressed up much more than anything I’ve seen on any ship. And of course, everyone is thin, well manicured (probably wrong word!) and ‘hip’. Thought the same thing of the drawings of the new Edge Terminal.

So we ‘bald, dumpy guys in stripped shirts, plaid shorts with knee high black socks and oxfords’ and our lovely wife’s properly dresssed will be wandering through all the ‘cutting edge’ (I agree!) decor and design, it will all work just fine.

Den

The EDGE has a very clean, modern style but is being advertised and priced as "classy, modern luxury", not a barefoot windjammer type cruise.

I have not heard that X has intentions to change the present dress guidelines. They are about as relaxed and flexible as ever! Seems to be working quite well and will match so nicely with all the beautiful spaces that have been previewed, .

Shorts are perfectly fine for day wear..but not swimsuits inside. And those courtesy bathrobes are for in room use...drives me nuts seeing them at the pool..

I am personally looking forward to the ship and enjoying my wardrobe as appropriate ...counting down to Jan 2019

Hope Lloyd and others keep the amazing photos coming!

Part of the issue on "dress-up" is the airlines, and how much luggage one is allowed.

This just seems to be an argument that doesn’t hold water. If you are part of an airline loyalty program, you usually get free bags. Even budget airlines like Southwest offer free bags.

Maybe it is more of an issue that people do not know how to pack for a cruise. We have been able to pack for two week cruises with one bag each, plus a carryon, and we fit a tux and gowns and shoes, plus all we need.

I don’t care how people dress. They just shouldn’t use this excuse.

Now let’s get back to the build and more photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This just seems to be an argument that doesn’t hold water.

If you are part of an airline loyalty program, you usually get free bags.

Maybe it is more of an issue that people do not know how to pack for a cruise.

We have been able to pack for two week cruises with one bag each,

plus a carry on, and we fit a tux and gowns and shoes, plus all we need.

Nice post,

As infrequent travelers ( also from Western PA), we are NOT loyal to any airlines..

Flights from Erie are very restricted.

Anyway, I don't care that you sent it from your iPhone.

I too have an iPhone, but don't advertise it.

Edited by $hip$hape

Hope we can see the Computer area soon..While many will use the wifi around the ship and in cabin, we still like to check e mail in the Computer rm, chat with the reps there and print boarding passes when we are flying..

Wonder if it will be like S class or more hi tech???

Yes, the Normandy on the Edge is supposed to be a direct take from the former restaurant on the Summit. And I’ve read in a few places that some of the fittings from the Summit will be installed on the Edge version.

Cheers!

And some of those parts are directly from the French liner Normandie that burned in New York Harbor during World War II. Very interesting story.

I want to apologize. I did not mean to suggest that there should be any kind of dress code or to get that started on this thread which has been so nicely focused on the ship. My only point was that it looks so nice, that I might feel uncomfortable not being dressed up in the public areas .... I did not mean to suggest or imply that there is any change or should be any change to dress code.... just a complement to the ships design. So please let us not turn into facebook. Again I am sorry to have inadvertently started this.

Thanks jryan- glad to hear that- good that they used those great historic pannels again! So we can hope the Millenium, United States and Ocean Liners stuff to appear again!

Which makes the removal of those wonderful restaurants a little less painful...

Looking at the bow is it going to be setup so passengers can go out on it? We have been spoiled now with our two RCCL cruises that allow this, it is an awesome view.

I posted this on another thread:

There is a forward deck on deck 14 that may be open for everyone. Not the bow, but at least it is a forward deck. This is the screen shot that I have of the deck on 14, outside of the spa. I also included the deck plans. It looks like anyone could get to the forward deck by getting off the elevator and going into the spa reception and taking the hallway to the deck (see red path below), if open for everyone. It would be in front of the heated loungers so may have an audience while out there (but the bow has cabin windows and the bridge facing it so would have an audience there too). There is a similar deck on the Reflection, called the Spa Veranda, in front of the fitness center and it is open for all. I did go out there once through the gym.

The red arrow is pointing to the door from the spa to the outside.

enhance

Deck is in front of thermal suites (in the rendition it appears that the thermal loungers override the veranda, but they are actually inside the glass, overlooking the veranda).

enhance

Celebrity Reflection Spa Veranda - it looks similar:

enhance

When you think about what you are paying for a cruise vacation what is another $35 or whatever additional. Regardless, my tux goes with me.

Charles

This just seems to be an argument that doesn’t hold water. If you are part of an airline loyalty program, you usually get free bags. Even budget airlines like Southwest offer free bags.

Maybe it is more of an issue that people do not know how to pack for a cruise. We have been able to pack for two week cruises with one bag each, plus a carryon, and we fit a tux and gowns and shoes, plus all we need.

I don’t care how people dress. They just shouldn’t use this excuse.

Now let’s get back to the build and more photos.

I could not agree more. However, 75% of our cruises are 2 weeks or longer there is no way I can travel with one case plus carry-on.....I ned two cases plus carry on. My shoes alone fill my carry-on and then there is my tux, which I will never cruise without....etc....etc.

Charles

When you think about what you are paying for a cruise vacation what is another $35 or whatever additional. Regardless, my tux goes with me.

Charles

I don't want to go to work every night just to go to dinner. It's not about the money, its about the objective. BUT, LETS HAVE FUN ON THIS SHIP!!!!

Edited by MizDemeanor