Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Hi:

Yes the issue of riding the Magic Carpet has been made clear and you can find numerous references. Here is a paste when I queried this issue:

But guests shouldn’t harbor any fantasies about riding the Magic Carpet around the ship. Celebrity Cruises is already very clear that guests will not be able to sit aboard the Magic Carpet as it shifts levels.

PS I still like the orange.;)

Really? What’s the point then? I think it would be cool to ride it up and down while it’s a bar or dining space. And I thought people were supposed to board it and ride it down to take them to the tender area? It honestly is sounding more and more lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How about calling it the (L)edge

I must admit I’m fine with the current name (whatever!) but I love this....you can even get so much more value just from saying it....

The LLLLL -E - dge 🤪[emoji13]

I can see that sticking (the new name, not the 'ledge' itself, heaven forbid lol!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread has devolved into a Magic Carpet (MC) discussion which is fine and fun, while we wait for more pictures (and reveals).

Branding IS important and, I guess, "Magic Carpet" is as good as anything.

"(L)edge" is quite brilliant, but might have an unfortunate connotation if a Market Crash occurs during a voyage.

Perhaps the "Flying Wedge". Actually, I wonder if "Magic Carpet" is a temporary name, and LLP is looking to sell naming rights to the beast. "Orangina" comes to mind. Or "Halos" (which would tie into the Eden theme).

For those who expressed concern about the logistics of the Ledge/MC, I would not worry too much.

Analogous to the Lawn Club Grill (LCG) whilst the MC is on 16? Recall that the LCG was a hack to the original S-Class design and they did the best they could. The Orange Elevator is purpose-build and I am sure that the designers have considered every scenario mentioned in these threads and a few more we haven't even thought of. The provisioning of water for the bar sinks is easily done: they could use tanks for the fresh water and the "gray" water waste, like an RV. Extending the RV analogy a bit further, perhaps hook up to the Mother Ship for water/waste disposal/electricity once raised into place?

Someone brought up the concern of the MC stuck on an upper deck and what the contingency would be for tendering. I had the opposite "concern": what happens if the MC is stuck on Deck 2? Surely, the ship cannot get underway with the MC in the way?? I suppose breaking out the spanners and unbolting the thing to let it sink into the ocean would not be an option.

Does anyone know how the MC will be propelled to the various decks. I cannot imagine it would look like a regular elevator with cables hooked to the top and such. MagLev wouldn't work very well vertically?

(I am sailing on the Eclipse on Sunday and am in a nautical mood. Thanks to gentle readers for their patience when perusing these random thoughts.)

Edited by mdcelebrity
ETA

I really wish that X would reveal more about the ship and deck plans, so that we can focus on something other than the MC. I don't care what color the MC is or its name. I am sure that X is aware of the possible issues that have been expressed, so I am sure they were considered in the design. I am just looking forward to experiencing it to make my own opinion.

Celebrity, please tell us more about the ship we are booked on so we can get even more excited about our upcoming cruise. We have waited long enough to see public area floor plans to know what venues we will be able experience.

I really wish that X would reveal more about the ship and deck plans, so that we can focus on something other than the MC. I don't care what color the MC is or its name. I am sure that X is aware of the possible issues that have been expressed, so I am sure they were considered in the design. I am just looking forward to experiencing it to make my own opinion.

Celebrity, please tell us more about the ship we are booked on so we can get even more excited about our upcoming cruise. We have waited long enough to see public area floor plans to know what venues we will be able experience.

I am with you all the way on this. While orange is NOT my favorite color, who cares at this point? I want to know about the interior of the ship. We are booked next January and are really concerned that that stupid "roll-out" is just that. Who knows if they have changed some off the "interior" spaces they originally talked about? Again, don't care. Just let us know what the heck is going on. Main dining room? Specialty restaurants? Get on with it. Now THAT would excite me.

Pat C

I think there's a culinary reveal at the end of this month. But by that point, it's been almost a year for the original reveal and it's been agreed all around they haven't released enough information - but given how the ship is selling, they probably aren't in a rush to.

The following is pure speculation:

Perhaps the lack of new information is due to the fact that there is nothing new to reveal? They might have already shown their hand re. innovation: Infinity staterooms, Eden, the Magic Carpet. The other stuff shown is merely S-class stuff moved around.

Celebrity reveals are all about Marketing, not being "fair" to those who have actually booked passage. This might seem cynical but is consistent with recent X-actions and attitude. The remaining "empty" spaces correspond [almost] exactly to venue locations on the S-class fleet. It is not much of a stretch that the Edge Dining Room, Blu, Murano will be the same as currently experienced. It is the Celebrity business model to be uniform across the fleet, apparently. Also, perhaps they don't want to disorient their classic cruisers with TOO many changes. Sure, they will apply new lipstick but it could still be the "same old, same old".

In keeping mum, lest they disappoint those with deposits already tendered, they are keeping those folks "in the fold" and will be locking them in since these people will start making arrangements (air, work commitments, ...) that cannot easily be changed. Cynical sure, but not unexpected?

Mike, I can see that you will sail next January, we are on February, and hope that you will post the usually amazing reviews with pictures and menus.

It is so useful to find out before you sail as much as you can about the ship, restaurants, activities, etc. and Mike's website will give you that.

Thank you

Agatha

Mike, I can see that you will sail next January, we are on February, and hope that you will post the usually amazing reviews with pictures and menus.

It is so useful to find out before you sail as much as you can about the ship, restaurants, activities, etc. and Mike's website will give you that.

Thank you

Agatha

Thanks Agatha. I will definitely do a review of Edge. We booked January 13, since they should have the bugs worked out by then. I sure wanted to do an earlier one; but I controlled myself. :D

The following is pure speculation:

Perhaps the lack of new information is due to the fact that there is nothing new to reveal? They might have already shown their hand re. innovation: Infinity staterooms, Eden, the Magic Carpet. The other stuff shown is merely S-class stuff moved around.

Celebrity reveals are all about Marketing, not being "fair" to those who have actually booked passage. This might seem cynical but is consistent with recent X-actions and attitude. The remaining "empty" spaces correspond [almost] exactly to venue locations on the S-class fleet. It is not much of a stretch that the Edge Dining Room, Blu, Murano will be the same as currently experienced. It is the Celebrity business model to be uniform across the fleet, apparently. Also, perhaps they don't want to disorient their classic cruisers with TOO many changes. Sure, they will apply new lipstick but it could still be the "same old, same old".

In keeping mum, lest they disappoint those with deposits already tendered, they are keeping those folks "in the fold" and will be locking them in since these people will start making arrangements (air, work commitments, ...) that cannot easily be changed. Cynical sure, but not unexpected?

You are 100% correct. Also, to the others we are not traveling on the ms Walmart. Thank God for free speech, but let process flow and thank God that we can afford celebrity.

America is all about marketing and please ask the NFL, it’s awesome, it’s America.

This will be a great ship.

Personally I think the Magic Carpet name sounds like something that would be on a DCL ship. I am all in favor of the ledge, sounds like a thrill ride:) We likely will go on it while it is on the resort deck (pool deck?). My wife is not a super adventurous eater, so most specialty restaurants on the ships don't appeal to her.

I am curious to see how it is used, it could be a novelty that won't last or it could be incredible, only time will tell.