Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

It saddens me that the abusive practice of labelling pets "emotional support animals" has resulted in such a negative view of all animals with that designation. There are many people, particularly those suffering PTS, who benefit from trained emotional support dogs. Let us not forget these people by jumping on a bandwagon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hoosiermama said:

I haven't read every post, but my husband had a question.  Does the emotional support helper have to be an animal?  Why couldn't you claim a human to be needed for your support or particular ailment?

My DH swears he isn't trying to bring his cute 21 year old physical therapist along on our next cruise, but he says she is the only one who can keep his old legs moving, and without her, he is a real grump at times.  Just wondering, dogs, ducks, pigs, why not a human?  And at no extra cost of course.

OOh.. and in this case it seems to be a hypertension issue and a nurse would be a good choice. I can see my job now... "Takes out BP cuff, checks BP... BP is high... Smacks the hell out of the human for not taking his BP meds."  I could totally do this... 😜

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

OOh.. and in this case it seems to be a hypertension issue and a nurse would be a good choice. I can see my job now... "Takes out BP cuff, checks BP... BP is high... Smacks the hell out of the human for not taking his BP meds."  I could totally do this... 😜

And some folks would pay for that. 😇

Instead of the Key, it would be the whip. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 4

On 3/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

That is CRAZY!!! Like people that sail on the Anthem won't mind?? It shouldn't be left up to the Captain! (if that's the case) RCCL needs to take a HARD stance on it!

But I overheard people who were on B2B2 talking in the concierge lounge this cruise that THAT is the problem.🤐

On 3/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, itsmeagain said:

I would like to know that also, the last thing I need is to get a cabin on our upcoming cruise that smells like dog piss. 

Royal, can’t you do something about this person and dog, pineapple or not he and his pet should not be allowed to cruise.  If truly a support dog, then tell him he can come back when the dog is trained to us proper litter areas.  If the dog can be trained for blood pressure, then it should be real easy to teach them where to go to the bathroom.  

I would like to find a parrot trained  in telling me when the stock market is going up or down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yep the Boca Birds will be flooding the Long Island Expressway anytime now.  Bumper to bumper silver Camrys with an orange on the license plate. Between them the the Manhattanites heading for the Hamptons on a Friday you practically have to turn your engine off.

Expect them back after Easter/Passover.  I live just outside Boca where 80% of the neighborhoods are 55+

They go home after the holidays, lol.  Then it's actually pleasant to go to dinner without 60+ minute wait times around here.  

But I definitely think they all keep their cars registered up North.  More than half the cars on the road are NY, NJ, QC, and ON plates right now down here!

We get the traffic half the year and you get it the other half!

On 3/23/2019 at 7:50 PM, babyblue78 said:

Most likely the captain of the Grandeur put their foot down and said they'd had enough.... since Royal doesn't have the cojones to tell this guy no, he moved on to another ship.  

Exactly!

Will the Anthem's respected captains do it? (please)
Will someone ask at Captain's Corner or will they be threatened by the cruise director in some way?

6 minutes ago, Sunkissed Mommy said:

Expect them back after Easter/Passover.  I live just outside Boca where 80% of the neighborhoods are 55+

They go home after the holidays, lol.  Then it's actually pleasant to go to dinner without 60+ minute wait times around here.  

But I definitely think they all keep their cars registered up North.  More than half the cars on the road are NY, NJ, QC, and ON plates right now down here!

Thank God that Easter and Passover are late this year. You get to keep them 2 more weeks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, DaniDanielle said:

This guy and his dog have been on quite a few Anthem cruises. Apparently he is Pinnacle and Royal has no control.

THEY have control, but are unwilling to use it , in fear of offending one passenger.  Instead they alienate an entire ship of passengers..   JMO

• Like 4

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Is it an inside cabin? Apparently Pinnacle only stay in Inside cabins. 😇

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Ok good I have a balcony. 

Actually for our five Anthem cruises we found with our C&A discount balcony cabins to be around the same price or only slightly higher than an inside cabin so the Pinnacles are likely to be in a balcony on this class of ship. 

This class of ships has many more balconies than inside cabins that need to filled and IMO its pricing reflexed this on the cruises we've done on it.

Edited by robtulipe
  • Thanks 1

This thread sure has taken on a life of its own. 

Back in November when sailing on Oasis of the seas we ported one day in St Martin. Whilst there we went and spent the day on the beach at Holland House. There were a few friendly dogs in the area obviously from the same litter. We saw this dog talking a leak on one of the beach chairs. When you gotta go, you gotta go. It’s his beach, we were his guests. 😀

1F3BF76F-FE37-4617-94DD-0CEB6BE9AD25_zps

7D6BD866-7BF4-4395-969C-6A22EFB1CF52_zps

7678B7E9-67F9-48FD-99CC-98DCD67A83E8_zps

C386CC92-D312-4B91-8CAF-200083063F1D_zps

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sunkissed Mommy said:

Ontario plates definitely headed back now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, broberts said:

It saddens me that the abusive practice of labelling pets "emotional support animals" has resulted in such a negative view of all animals with that designation. There are many people, particularly those suffering PTS, who benefit from trained emotional support dogs. Let us not forget these people by jumping on a bandwagon.

I agree having no problem with properly documented, trained and registered Service Dogs who are trained to be emotional support animals . If at all possible they should have a vest which indicates such . I have an issue with ESA's even if they have a note from a compliant Doctor or internet purchased certificate . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richstowe said:

I agree having no problem with properly documented, trained and registered Service Dogs who are trained to be emotional support animals . If at all possible they should have a vest which indicates such . I have an issue with ESA's even if they have a note from a compliant Doctor or internet purchased certificate . 

Agreed on all counts - those with true need have well trained service dogs and I also support they should never need to reveal why they need or have them but those with service dogs also go through the documentation and care it takes and can provide acceptable proof.  Anything where one can print a certificate from the internet is not legit.  If there is another middle ground and anyone is put out because they need their animal but they do not qualify as a service animal then there should be another accepted certification allowed.  I don't want those that need them to be hurt by the many who falsely claim their animal provides additional services simply because they want their animal with them and/or don't want to leave them behind but it seems to be out of control most places I go.

I will say this:  we have a family member who trains service dogs for people with medical conditions.  These animals are extremely well trained and it is an investment in time and money.  The price is $12,000+.  Not including vet bills during the training period. Most are purchased through fund raisers, charities, payment plans, etc.  These dogs are not pets when the training harness is put on....and the owners carry bags dispose of the poo if not using a litter box...yes, you can litter train a dog.  I do not doubt that some people need emotional support animals but they do not belong on a cruise ship or airplanes, etc.  Too much risk for what are all talking about here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

There are currently 3 dogs that I've seen currently on Oasis. Only one of them appear to be a true service dog. One little fluff fluff is currently in Coastal Kitchen for dinner as I write this. 

Keep an eye out on the menu if the have anything called "Almost Like Chicken Dumplings"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, richstowe said:

Agreed.  I am all for PTSD dogs - and they are  medium to large breeds   not lap dogs. Beautifully  trained  to help their owners.  I see them in my military town. " Fake" emotional support animals are not in the same category and cruise ships lines need to do something  about the problem.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunkissed Mommy said:

More and More are spending 6 months and a day in Florida; re-registering vehicles is expensive here from out of state, but other tax implications make claiming Florida as primary residence more and more attractive.  Except for the Canadians; they don't want to lose their health coverage.   I am also outside of Boca, a permanent transplant from the northeast, and I too can't wait to be able to drive on Jog Road and walk into a restaurant again.  

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

There are currently 3 dogs that I've seen currently on Oasis. Only one of them appear to be a true service dog. One little fluff fluff is currently in Coastal Kitchen for dinner as I write this. 

Ask what tricks the dog is trained to do.

Services, services...

On 3/29/2019 at 10:41 PM, grapau27 said:

No

Picture 022.jpg

Absolutely adore Dalmatians, bred and showed them for over 30 years, I fact our daughter’s is having a sleep over to spend time with his best mate our Mini Schnauzer.

• Like 1