Cagney's Fisherman's Platter: Sad crab cake

fstuff1

after going to cagneys  a few dozen times, I figured I'd try the fishermans platter.

SMALL crab cake.

even smaller than the shrimp. :(

not worth the $36 cost. Avoid!

im sticking with the Ribeye! ($32)

IMG_20190808_190713568.thumb.jpg.adfa30c32af871757c3918562993a492.jpg

5 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

after going to cagneys  a few dozen times, I figured I'd try the fishermans platter.

SMALL crab cake.

even smaller than the shrimp. 😞

SO SAD!!!

5 minutes ago, Manbo said:

I know that many disagree with me, but I have always found Cagney's to be overrated. We have better steak houses close to home. 

I agree with you full heartedly. We do go there when we have the dining package as it seems there is always someone in our group that loves it, but I think only once or twice have we come out saying "wow that was really good" 

WOW.  I've never done Cagney's before, but was thinking of trying it on my next cruise.  I hope this isn't representative of all the meals there.  I wanted to get the prime rib, but I'm looking for more of a Fred Flintstone size cut and not smurf size

8 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

SMALL crab cake.

Wow - that is embarrassing! Talk about cutting corners! 

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

WOW.  I've never done Cagney's before, but was thinking of trying it on my next cruise.  I hope this isn't representative of all the meals there.  I wanted to get the prime rib, but I'm looking for more of a Fred Flintstone size cut and not smurf size

This is the prime rib I had at Cagney's on the Pearl. It was tough and tasteless. I should have had the ribeye or lamb chops, which have always been excellent.

Pearl Cruise  (81).JPG

yeah, that looks a little well done.  On my last cruise on the breakaway, I had the prime rib in the MDR one night.  It was ok.  I also had it in the buffet on prime rib night, and it was excellent.  I walked up to the carving station just as a new piece was put out.  I was a little worried because the chef cut me a piece(from the end) and it looked a little tough.  I asked if he had anything rarer, and he said yes and cut it right now the middle.  Nice, rare and juicy.

Are you sure you didn't ordered off the Cooking Lite / Special Needs menu option ?  (just kidding) 

LOL, I would call that a seafood sampler as a starter but it's kind of difficult to share, even between 2 people.  This is what FDR referred to as increased onboard spending ??

My other question - how long did your 3 or 5 course premium, specialty dinner took (time-wise) and I am amazed at those jumbo (tiger ??) prawn ... /s

Sad! I could eat 4 of those plates of food above. I’d never in a million years pay $36 for that on top of the fare I’ve already paid for food. If people keeping paying they’ll just keep raising prices and keep giving smaller portions. 

11 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

SMALL crab cake.

WOW. That meal belongs in the MDR. 

Edited by CruisingNole

Nearly that entire seafood meal looks unappetizing! Overdone, limp asparagus, puny crab cake disguised by the sauce and greasy-looking salmon. Shrimp seemed ok, though. Thanks for the advice of ribeye and lamb chops which work for me as a carnivore, but I feel awful for any pescatarians!