Did anyone else get a thanks for being a loyal guest e-mail?

ontheweb

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Suggest you call in sometime when the mad rush has subsided.  That error sounds like your main email address is associated with another CC Member Id.  Perhaps a service rep can get to bottom of it.  It could be that others not receiving email have some old email address on profile?

I was referring to Princess Profile. I received the Jan email but to an old email address.

Agree that other CC posters might not receive Jan email because Princess Profile is out of date. 

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I was referring to Princess Profile. I received the Jan email but to an old email address.

Agree that other CC posters might not receive Jan email because Princess Profile is out of date. 

Sorry, I had meant my comment to refer to the error you got when you tried to correct your profile email and the System wouldn't allow it. 

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, I had meant my comment to refer to the error you got when you tried to correct your profile email and the System wouldn't allow it. 

FYI the email has a different member number than my Princess Profile number. So Jan email must be triggered by an old contact with Princess.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

FYI the email has a different member number than my Princess Profile number. So Jan email must be triggered by an old contact with Princess.

There you go.  Something for you to get cleaned up someday I hope.  😉

37 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I read post #20 and didn't see mention of any age/doctor permission. Is it some where else?

There's another thread in the Princess forum where some members are very anxious (I initially said hysterical but thought it too inflammatory) about something that Princess has not implemented but has been proposed by the Cruise Line Industry Association. It's a very annoying thread that purports that people over the age of 70 are going to be required to provide a doctor's note saying they are fit to travel. There's some evidence that a few other cruise lines are implementing this but zero evidence that Princess has or even will.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

This will have gone to all Captain's Circle members.

It did not go to DW who has been on all the same cruises as I have and is also booked on the upcoming August cruise.

6 hours ago, ICANDIGIT said:

Got it today after we decided on choice #1. Than found the thread that talks about having to have a Dr. sign off that you are healthy enough to cruise. We are both over 70. Find it hard to believe the a Dr. would take that responsibility. Fingers crossed.

Did your comment about "having a doctor sign off that you are healthy enough to cruise" refer to Princess? I read that one of the other cruise lines had that requirement, but I haven't read that about Princess.

• Like 1

Didn’t get that email, but did get an email confirmation regarding shore excursions for our Alaska cruise in July.  Hopefully that’s a good sign.  

Edited by CATGUY7
Error

3 minutes ago, konatyme said:

We are Captain's Circle members & have a 21-day cruise booked for Sept., but didn't get the e-mail. I will do some checking on our profile, as suggested.

We too have a cruise booked for Sept and did not get the email to our Captains Circle email. We did get it to an old address that I am about to cancel because it is swamped with SPAM. When I check my address in my Profile it says 'This email is unavailable please choose another address' I retype the same address and Save, it accepts it and sends Update notification to that address. Yet when I check later Profile says " Address unavailable -----" I have the same address in my Cruise Personal Info and no complaint there. Don't fancy a long hold on [hone to rectify this.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Did your comment about "having a doctor sign off that you are healthy enough to cruise" refer to Princess? I read that one of the other cruise lines had that requirement, but I haven't read that about Princess.

Carnival line - John Heald (their spokesman) has on his FB a letter date March 12 stated any 70+ with health issue such as diabetic (1 or 2) etc MUST obtains a letter from the doctor stated that person is fitted to sail.  On March 13 Carnival started to turn away (Charleston & Mobile) people who did not know about it or did not have that letter.  Carnival site DID NOT show this information.  

We are asking them, will this rule apply for every sailing.  As of now the spokesman has to find out further but yet they already turned people away.  Very BAD.