P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry not to reply to earlier posts about our meet up with Mr and Mrs Pete and paws, but for some reason the site wasn't letting me reply to anything. (Trying to tell me something !). For anyone worried, please don't worry that the wine could evaporate --- it didn't have the time 🙂

Re the Eurovision Song Contest. I usually watch it but decided not to last night. Have to say, though, I am one of those sad people who loved the UK song so wandered in to the programme for '5 minutes'. We ended up watching it all through and just loved the vibe and the atmosphere. Used to watch it was a child and seen it go through stages ranging from good to bad to dire. It was just good to see the UK get points and then when it was 12 points we were both in shock. Hubby hates it but even he watched the scoring last night 😉 Shame we didn't win but I think everyone knew that Ukraine would.

Well, off to look at cruises now --- thinking way in to the future but it has been a long time since I've been able to relax by just researching holidays. 

Giving away secrets and potentially tarnishing my reputation. 🥴

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Giving away secrets and potentially tarnishing my reputation. 🥴

Oh please don't say that this is a GDPR breach ... it just means endless form filling.

To clarify I would like to state that Pete14 does not drink Pinot Grigio --- 

(He doesn't stand a chance !!!) 

😆🤣😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We had a great time Michelle.

After dinner last night in Chops Grill we watched a good Beatles Tribute band in the theatre then we went into Boleros and enjoyed the Karioke.

Graham 

I love Chops Grill and Wonderland. I always think Royal Caribbean has something for everyone.

The grandchildren are so excited to be going on Royal again next year - so am I!! 
Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Oh please don't say that this is a GDPR breach ... it just means endless form filling.

To clarify I would like to state that Pete14 does not drink Pinot Grigio --- 

(He doesn't stand a chance !!!) 

😆🤣😂

Let’s just keep it between ourselves, nobody else need find out. 😇

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Let’s just keep it between ourselves, nobody else need find out. 😇

Other than our CC friends eh 😉

Hope the moon is shining over the sea for you both

• Like 4

Out in the garden this morning before this afternoon’s showers, only been away a week and the weeds have taken over one of my raised beds I was preparing for beans, the lawn has grown about 2 to 3 inches and the border beneath  the hedge on the dtive is covered in dandelions. Think I am going to need a bigger green waste bin.

On the positive side moved Rudbeckia, Petunias  plants and climbing French Beans to cold frame to harden off before planting out, Geraniums, Sunflower’s and Zinnia will follow later this week. Beetroot seedlings will be posted on later in week.

Removed winter insulation and replaced with summer shading, tomato plants arriving on Wednesday so need to get grow bags prepped ready. Going to be a busy week if the rain holds off. 

Edited by Snow Hill
Typo corrections
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

When you posted a picture of those enormous prawns, I thought that reminds me of RC. September for us.

The coffee machine in the Diamond Lounge gave the best coffee on board.

As Diamond Plus members the 5 free drinks each at any time of day was great.

Pauline had a few Pina Coladas and I had a few bottles of old Speckled hen and glasses of Sauvignon Blanc around the ship and no problems they just scanned our seapass cards.

I was told we couldn't get our free drinks in the Bionic bar but we never went there anyway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after a short cruise on Anthem of the seas from Southampton.

We went on the North Star observation pod which lifts you 300 feet above sea level.

We went on the dodgem cars.

The food in the main steak restaurant Chops grill was nice.

IMG_20220514_174138.jpg

IMG_20220513_154406.jpg

IMG_20220513_154722.jpg

IMG_20220513_154618.jpg

IMG_20220513_185635.jpg

Sorry Graham  - my idea of hell !

• Like 6

We kept dipping in and out of the ITV Jubilee programme tonight.

Perhaps we missed the good bits, but we just kept seeing various horses wandering around, a few dancers in the middle of a field, and a not very funny comedian.

We gave up and watched a 2016 "Place in the Sun" . The wife wanted space for a donkey and chickens, so they showed them a townhouse apartment - unbelievable! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps we missed the good bits, but we just kept seeing various horses wandering around, a few dancers in the middle of a field, and a not very funny comedian.

We gave up and watched a 2016 "Place in the Sun" . The wife wanted space for a donkey and chickens, so they showed them a townhouse apartment - unbelievable! 

We dipped out completely and didn’t watch it, I read my book and my wife watch a film on Amazon Prime. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Other than our CC friends eh 😉

Hope the moon is shining over the sea for you both

Last night the moon was obscured by the rain clouds I’m afraid. Still cloudy now the sun has risen (probably, because I can’t see it for the clouds). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps you missed the publicity that it was going to be a horse show. 

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Dreadful thunderstorms overnight here in Dorset between 2200 and 0230.

Dog was terrified. Not much sleep for either of us. 
Hope everyone ok.

After the horse thing I wondered if we could see the blood moon, so opened the curtains in the hotel room. Big flash of lightning..... close curtain....turn off telly. Off to sleep.

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

After the horse thing I wondered if we could see the blood moon, so opened the curtains in the hotel room. Big flash of lightning..... close curtain....turn off telly. Off to sleep.

Thunderstorms are a source of entertainment for us, we love to watch them. Unfortunately we only had a little rain overnight so.............😒

Avril

• Like 1

Amazing thunder and lightning last night - right on bedtime, so sleep was delayed.  Luckily slept a little later than usual this morning.  Fortunately our dog takes no notice.  I’ve had fearful rescues in the past who have turned to shivering wrecks.  Rescue Remedy can help, to a degree.  Get a few drops on their gums or even rub it in to bare skin on their ears 

Talking of sleep, I thought I’d mention my weighted blanket, which I’ll credit for turning my sleep problems right around.  I can pretty much guarantee 6+ hours of solid sleep every night.  I got it at the start of the year, so it’s taken about 3 or 4 months for me to feel sleep-confident

I’m also a little heartened at recent research/report saying 7 hours is actually better than 8 and much better than 9.  

(I wouldn’t enjoy that height thing either)

45 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Perhaps you missed the publicity that it was going to be a horse show. 

I probably should have read up on it a bit more !

I knew horses were involved, but I thought there might be some other content.

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had a great time Michelle.

After dinner last night in Chops Grill we watched a good Beatles Tribute band in the theatre then we went into Boleros and enjoyed the Karioke.

Graham 

We were on her last year Graham, and a Beatles tribute band played when we were in Liverpool, so very fitting.  We enjoyed our time on her, but she was less than half full.  How is getting into the Diamond Club (I think that's what it's called!) now the passenger numbers are up?

• Like 1

Didn't watch TV last night, read my book instead, but sound as though I didn't miss much!

Heavy rain down here last night but no thunder but there was a weather warning for it.

Overcast and breezy with showers forecast today.

And it's just started to rain.

8 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

We were on her last year Graham, and a Beatles tribute band played when we were in Liverpool, so very fitting.  We enjoyed our time on her, but she was less than half full.  How is getting into the Diamond Club (I think that's what it's called!) now the passenger numbers are up?

We only popped in for a coffee and hot chocolate during the day and it was empty.

There is a Diamond concierge certain times of the day.

They have stopped the unlimited drinks during happy hour and imo the free drinks at any bar at any time of day is better than being restricted to a few hours during happy hour at night.

We never went into the Diamond club at night.

The ship was almost full and unlike P&O where several decks of midship balcony cabins were quarantine cabins I was told the quarantine cabins were on deck 3 on Anthem of the seas.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

We dipped out completely and didn’t watch it, I read my book and my wife watch a film on Amazon Prime. 

And we found 'Lincoln Lawyer' on Netflix, which looks like it will fill the gap left by Bosch. It's not that easy finding something we both enjoy. If I put on Bake Off, Sewing Bee etc, then DH reads and if he's watching a police/ambulance/hospital series, then I'm either reading or brushing up on Quordle! 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry Graham  - my idea of hell !

Having spent three days on her pre-maiden - I agree.  Each to their own. Off soon for a month on Spirit of Adventure 🙂