P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Fantastic weekend of sport for me.

Went and watched my home team Plymouth Argyle for the first time in two years as i was visiting family in plymouth (work away).

LH and GR came 2nd and 3rd in F1.

Eng womens team are European Champions. Fantastic result.

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent match even better press conference.

It will be fascinating to see how many of the new converts to women’s football and the England team in particular, turn up to watch their next home match in early September at the Stoke City Stadium. At £15 for adults and £5 for concessions, it should reach the capacity of 30,000 easily I would have thought.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:01 PM, bobstheboy said:

Returned from a MSC cruise a couple of weeks ago with Covid. First week was great, start of second week we were both sure we had Covid. Contacted Medical Centre who sent a nurse to our cabin to test us. Took nasal swabs, said they would test and let us know. Thirty minutes later we were told we were negative and it was probably a heavy cold. We were sure it was Covid, no energy, no taste,  very lethargic. 

We decided to keep ourselves away from people as much as we could and only ate in the buffet. Breakfast and lunch was ok, dinner was poor. There was no follow up from Medical Centre during the next six days we were onboard. Arrived home, self tested and we were positive. If we had been irresponsible, we could have mixed with others and passed it on to who knows how many ? We were annoyed with ourselves that we forgot to take testing kits with us, something I would advise on doing.

Not from a cruise but I recently went to a festival. I started to feel unwell on the Wednesday (festvial finished on Sunday), tested negative for 3 days before a positive on the Saturday.  Sometimes it takes a while for the positive to show up.

If you continued to feel unwell medical should have tested you daily.  Hope you feel better now

• Like 2

I was on the same (excellent) Celebrity Fjords cruise as Zap - and had every intention of comparing it with the (good) P&O Ventura Spain and Portugal cruise of a few weeks earlier.  That won't be happening because I am typing this with one finger, left hand as my right arm is supported by a neck brace as I tripped going into the bathroom on the penultimate day of the Celebrity cruise.  Tomorrow I go for a shoulder scan - had lots of x-rays on my arm - and await surgery.  Not fun and a good night's sleep is on my wish list!

To top it off, we were some of the very few who wore masks around the ship and DH tested positive on the day we disembarked!  10 days later he is still testing positive whereas I have remained negative 🤞

The day after we arrived home the TV went on the blink, and despite still being just within its 5 year John Lewis guarantee, neither of us had the patience or will to deal with it and a new one was ordered and delivered the next day.  By that time I was awaiting a plague of frogs 😉

So kalos, Eddie, Yorkshire Phil and others, keep the funnies coming.  I need all the laughs I can get 👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

It will be fascinating to see how many of the new converts to women’s football and the England team in particular, turn up to watch their next home match in early September at the Stoke City Stadium. At £15 for adults and £5 for concessions, it should reach the capacity of 30,000 easily I would have thought.

Ah the old “can they do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke” 

A World Cup qualifier v Luxembourg think I will ask my daughters and granddaughters if they want to go. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I was on the same (excellent) Celebrity Fjords cruise as Zap - and had every intention of comparing it with the (good) P&O Ventura Spain and Portugal cruise of a few weeks earlier.  That won't be happening because I am typing this with one finger, left hand as my right arm is supported by a neck brace as I tripped going into the bathroom on the penultimate day of the Celebrity cruise.  Tomorrow I go for a shoulder scan - had lots of x-rays on my arm - and await surgery.  Not fun and a good night's sleep is on my wish list!

To top it off, we were some of the very few who wore masks around the ship and DH tested positive on the day we disembarked!  10 days later he is still testing positive whereas I have remained negative 🤞

The day after we arrived home the TV went on the blink, and despite still being just within its 5 year John Lewis guarantee, neither of us had the patience or will to deal with it and a new one was ordered and delivered the next day.  By that time I was awaiting a plague of frogs 😉

So kalos, Eddie, Yorkshire Phil and others, keep the funnies coming.  I need all the laughs I can get 👍

Oh dear you have been through the wars haven't you :classic_unsure: and to top it off the telly goes 

kaput on you . Lets hope the doctors sort you out as it's not much fun being in pain is it ?

I remember going my doctors, I was referred to a doctor with chronic back pain.
Lucky for me he was still able to treat me bless him . His nurse was really kind ,

she had an infectious smile, I hope she got rid of those cold sores :classic_wink:

Not fun being in pain especially when your telly's packed in .  I almost bought a new

telly the other day , the salesman told me " Nowt to pay for a full year. ":classic_ohmy: 

No way, I decided not to as it'll be a bit worn out by then and I'm not paying full price for a year old telly .:classic_smile:

Hope you get better soon :classic_love:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Ah the old “can they do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke” 

A World Cup qualifier v Luxembourg think I will ask my daughters and granddaughters if they want to go. 

Hopefully not cold and rainy as it is next month I think. Probably not much of a contest though. 

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

So sorry to hear you are having a rotten time. Hope things improve soon.

• Thanks 1

Been a really cloudy, muggy day up until mid-afternoon when the sun came out. Popped into the Old Town to take my coffee pods in for recycling and then into the Hardware shop to get some new hose connectors for the outside tap. Think the sun/heat has rotted the rubber seals and the hose kept making a bid for freedom every time I turned the tap on, soaking everything.

After uhm-ing and ah-ing for an age, dithering and swithering for an eternity, I decided to book a cruise today for next summer. Off to Norway for 12 nights aboard Aurora - assuming she's still here...🤞🏻

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

After uhm-ing and ah-ing for an age, dithering and swithering for an eternity, I decided to book a cruise today for next summer. Off to Norway for 12 nights aboard Aurora - assuming she's still here...🤞🏻

Awesome - well done!🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Lots of bad luck. Could have been worse. You could have bumped into me and DW.🤣

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I don't normally do weather reports, but it is tipping it down here in North Lincs, and has been for the last couple of hours.

Probabky the wrong type of rain though !

Same here in Stoke, another wet and miserable morning, the forecast is for it to improve later but I won't hold my breath on that. I have just checked my jacket from last night and it is still damp.  It looks like that I will have to sort out my old jacket and my wellies for this afternoon's match, we are playing on a green that is prone to flooding.

Have a good day.

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I don't normally do weather reports, but it is tipping it down here in North Lincs, and has been for the last couple of hours.

Probabky the wrong type of rain though !

Raining here too in Lytham St Annes. Started raining last night about 6pm and had been more or less continuous since then. Dogs had their rain coats on for walkies last night. Tomorrow looks a better day - hopefully 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Sunny and cloudy with a max of 29 here.No rain for the next 5 days at least.

That’s warm!!! Nothing like that in the North but the grass is getting a good watering.

Hope you get some rain soon Brian for the crops and plants

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Same here in Stoke, another wet and miserable morning, the forecast is for it to improve later but I won't hold my breath on that. I have just checked my jacket from last night and it is still damp.  It looks like that I will have to sort out my old jacket and my wellies for this afternoon's match, we are playing on a green that is prone to flooding.

Have a good day.

Back to wearing a mask. This time with a snorkel.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

You are quite welcome to have some of ours, its bucketing down at the moment.

Our fourth open air concert of the summer tonight and the forecast does not look promising, and its raining now ( again) current score is ,one soaking ,one cool but dry ,one overcast and dull and who knows what for tonight, and of course you are not allowed to take umbrellas which is fair enough 🤞