P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

29 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Being delivered tomorrow, looking forward to trying a new cooking method. I do the cooking, ex RN Officers Cook, left 48 years ago but you don't lose the skills.

Don't forget to bang the weevils out of the biscuits. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Being delivered tomorrow, looking forward to trying a new cooking method. I do the cooking, ex RN Officers Cook, left 48 years ago but you don't lose the skills.

I've found a conversion calculator on line and bookmarked it. Converts oven temp and cooking time from oven to air fryer, and it's worked really well. 

It's   lovefoodnotcooking.com/air fryer calculator

Avril

You'll have to type it in yourself Bob, I haven't a clue how to do it like others do on here so that you can click straight on to it🥴

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Don't forget to bang the weevils out of the biscuits. 

We had to throw out a few packets of unopened pasta last week. There were teeny little bugs in them. After a google search, my husband discovered that this is a known problem. 

6 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

We had to throw out a few packets of unopened pasta last week. There were teeny little bugs in them. After a google search, my husband discovered that this is a known problem. 

As a london plumber when I had to lift floorboards under the stairs,I used to whistle and the sacks of rice and flour used to run out on their own.

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Who needs to go to New England for the fall when we've got this.

Our journey back to Yorkshire from Southampton on Saturday, via the M3, A34, A43 and M1, was filled with the lovely autumn colours of the trees, and produced exactly the same comment from both of us.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Our journey back to Yorkshire from Southampton on Saturday, via the M3, A34, A43 and M1, was filled with the lovely autumn colours of the trees, and produced exactly the same comment from both of us.

We said the same thing when we did exactly the same trip the Sunday before.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

They were probably pasta their best before date

• Haha 14

Did my bit at the museum this morning and then got my seasonal Covid Booster. Came home for lunch and the afternoon had become really sunny and mild so a walk in the Country Park was called for. Some nice autumn colours there but don't think they are quite as vivid as previous years.

Home for tea and cake.

As there has been discussion about autumn here I have attached a few phone photos taken in the park this afternoon. Of course, a couple have come out upside down on this site...🤔😣

20221026_152118.jpg

20221026_152714.jpg

20221026_153331.jpg

20221026_155039.jpg

20221026_160057.jpg

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Thanks for sharing that with us all.🤣

• Like 1

Disappointing news for us today. Bolton Council have given Peel Holdings permission to build a Ryder Cup golf course and 1036 houses on the the Hulton Estate at the bottom of our garden. Most of the land is currently farmland and we have lovely views of the the cattle and sheep in the fields. It will be sometime before building starts as the farmer will have to find somewhere else to go, or give up farming. I still don’t believe that we will get a Ryder Cup golf course in Bolton. As much as I love my home town, I suspect the the golf course will never happen here and it will just be more houses. We haven’t got the infrastructure for all this. We will just enjoy what we have for now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I had my hips x-rayed this morning.

We then went for some lunch.

I'm 66 tomorrow so finally qualify for my government pension.

😀

IMG_20221026_123640.jpg

Hope you you have a lovely day tomorrow Graham? Are you going out to celebrate?

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

No idea why but am struggling to respond and can only post over an old message ! So deleted it hoping this gets through!!

Anyway here are some photos of Bodnant Gardens in the Spring ... a real MUST

20210604_134016.jpg

20210604_141309.jpg

20210604_141245.jpg

20210604_141225.jpg

20210604_142528.jpg

20210604_150018.jpg

20210604_142710.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Michelle.

We will be taking our Sarah out for a meal tomorrow to celebrate.

Graham.

Happy 21st Graham. All the best people are born in October! I have the last one with a 5 at the beginning on Saturday 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1