P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Having met the lovely Charlie we can vouch for the regular bouts of insanity 🙂

He is gorgeous and worth every penny of the £4+K but am guessing that you have never once regretted paying the insurance. Our cat that we was ill had had a massively enlarged heart since a kitten, an issue with her eye and a liver condition for 4 years. She was on so many tablets that she must have rattled. (She thought they were treats so no need for armour when trying to give them to her) have to say, if we had not had insurance can only imagine how much it would have cost us over her 12 + years.

You are correct, we have always insured our cats and dogs and never regretted it. Premiums are generally quite high and increase when renewed especially if you have claimed but still well worth it. I think we have claimed more from pet insurance than any other type, especially travel at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

They’re not smart in this area. They’re really dumb meters - not my description, but the description used by the electricity provider!

Another bonus is that you pay just for what you use and not what they guesstimate what you have used.

• Like 1

Did you hear about the crook who stole a calendar ? He got 12 months:classic_unsure:

Morning folks hope everyone's good this morning ,I've been awake a good couple 

of hours as the wind is blowing strong outside but is forecast to die down later .

Have a good day and stay safe everyone:classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 7

The wind is still having a good go around our area we getting gusts at 46 mph .

The next door neighbour had some trellis fencing up, which "had" being the word.

He grew some sweet peas in it last summer and when they died back it was just

a thick mass which I said could be trouble when the winter months come but 

he reassured me with those great northern words .."It'll be rieight :classic_unsure:

Which sorry to say it wasn't just like his neighbour who years ago planted a 

Christmas tree up garden which grew to about 30ft plus and is now horizontal

across his garden and my neighbours. I have also been watching  the aircraft 

radar and one plane from Amsterdam had been circling Barnsley for half a hour 

before having ago at LBA runway where he got down to 700ft before thinking 

better of it ,they ended up East Midlands Airport ,lots of other diversions too.

Have good day and stay safe :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

The wind is still having a good go around our area we getting gusts at 46 mph .

The next door neighbour had some trellis fencing up, which "had" being the word.

He grew some sweet peas in it last summer and when they died back it was just

a thick mass which I said could be trouble when the winter months come but 

he reassured me with those great northern words .."It'll be rieight :classic_unsure:

Which sorry to say it wasn't just like his neighbour who years ago planted a 

Christmas tree up garden which grew to about 30ft plus and is now horizontal

across his garden and my neighbours. I have also been watching  the aircraft 

better of it ,they ended up East Midlands Airport ,lots of other diversions too.

Its blowing well here too, Mrs YP was planning to put the washing out to dry this morning but thought better of it. It is a shame as the sun is out and it is quite warm. 

• Like 2

We have had to tie up the wheelie bins as they are all over the place. My lighter plant pots are scattered to the four winds.

The power has been flickering but thus far stayed on. I have the heating turned up just in case it goes and candles on standby for later (as advised by radio Scotland this morning).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have also been watching  the aircraft 

Now Kalos I look to you to cheer me up in the morning but not today 😉. As I prepare to leave Florida later, the TV is telling me that the temperature currently is 2C but feels colder!  Plus flight cancellations due to bad weather, so I’m hoping that my inbound flight from Gatwick to Tampa arrives okay and on time 🙏. Yesterday we were sitting outside in the warm sun.  I think that experience may be behind us for a while!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Now Kalos I look to you to cheer me up in the morning but not today 😉. As I prepare to leave Florida later, the TV is telling me that the temperature currently is 2C but feels colder!  Plus flight cancellations due to bad weather, so I’m hoping that my inbound flight from Gatwick to Tampa arrives okay and on time 🙏. Yesterday we were sitting outside in the warm sun.  I think that experience may be behind us for a while!

The weathers not to bad the sun is out now and 22.c we had 10 this morning and 12.c now :classic_unsure:

You would be blown away with our weather along with anything else that's not tied down.

Have a safe journey home :classic_smile::classic_love: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 11°C sunny but extremely windy here with gusts over 60mph.

Saves you having to blow on your bag of hot chips should you and your good lady venture 

out for a stroll down by the sea :classic_unsure::classic_wink:  Stay safe you two :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

inbound flight from Gatwick to Tampa arrives okay and on time

Might be a bit late arriving with the strength of the headwind,  but on the way back you"ll be virtually supersonic !

The 777 will be rattling more than normal !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

The weathers not to bad the sun is out now and 22.c we had 10 this morning and 12.c now :classic_unsure:

You would be blown away with our weather along with anything else that's not tied down.

Have a safe journey home :classic_smile::classic_love: 

In that case, it will be much warmer in Yorkshire today than in Central Florida 😁👍. They are on weather alert today! The local TV announcer said she’d booked decorators for today but they phoned and cancelled because of the weather - they were painting inside the house and she offered to turn up the heating, but it was still a ‘no’ 😂.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

In that case, it will be much warmer in Yorkshire today than in Central Florida 😁👍. They are on weather alert today! The local TV announcer said she’d booked decorators for today but they phoned and cancelled because of the weather - they were painting inside the house and she offered to turn up the heating, but it was still a ‘no’ 😂.

This time last year we had to have rising damp sorted in our living room.

Was told it would take 2 days start to finish. Actually took a day longer because the new plaster took so long to dry as the room was so cold from taking the radiators off.

52 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

This time last year we had to have rising damp sorted in our living room.

Was told it would take 2 days start to finish. Actually took a day longer because the new plaster took so long to dry as the room was so cold from taking the radiators off.

Did it do the job?

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I received a notification for jury service in the post today. Can't say I'm looking forward to that.

😒

Avril

Oh joy Avril. I hope that you don't end up sitting around for hours waiting to see if you are needed.

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I received a notification for jury service in the post today. Can't say I'm looking forward to that.

😒

Avril

Avril, I can understand that in your situation. Are there any health grounds on which you might reasonably ask to be excused, or are you able to do it?

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

😒

Avril

I remember my father having to do it when I was a teenager. He felt sorry for the poacher on trial having done some poaching himself as a youngster!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

😒

Avril

I thought there was an age cut off Avril, I have been assuming that I was way past the call up age, guess I was wrong.

Just checked and apparently you can ask to be exempt if you're over 70.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought there was an age cut off Avril, I have been assuming that I was way past the call up age, guess I was wrong.

It was 70, John, but it’s now 75.  My wife was called up and we’d always assumed it was 70. She was very keen to do it, but it just wasn’t safe in the middle of the pandemic as we’re both still having to shield. They agreed.

• Like 2