Prices up?

Karlzmom

I agree prices fro the same itinerary have gone way up.  We had a 7 day Alaska booked for July, that we have decided to cancel. Next year's price has gone way up in the past week.  We still have a Search for the Northern Lights booked for October. The same cruise next year is about 2 grand more.  

All the cruise lines seem to be in lock step. Everything has increased. I believe they are trying to recoup as much as they can as fast as they can. At these prices they can forget about me. I'll wait till reason prevails.

• Like 3

Prices up from when to when?  I have not seen any real price change of late in future cruises I have booked or watching.  I do see EZ-Air dropping for upcoming cruise. 

I book with a discount TA in USD, but any Canucks looking to cruise can get a terrific deal in CAD as Princess has not changed their exchange rate from 1.30 and CAD now over 1.40.  It can't last long, even in the COVID-19 environment.  The CAD could be a long time getting back to a 1.30 rate with oil tanked and the economic impact of the virus contagion.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Prices up from when to when?  I have not seen any real price change of late in future cruises I have booked or watching.  I do see EZ-Air dropping for upcoming cruise.

I have also not seen any real price changes recently on my two 2020 cruises (July and December) that were booked last September. I have no 2021 cruises booked, so I have no comparison I can make there.

As far as EZAir, pricing for my July cruise have come down about about 15% since I first booked the flights. But for my December cruise, they have gone up over 40%.

I booked our Feb 2021 cruise about 6 months ago on the “3 For Free” sale. The current price for the same room is now $125 less than what we booked. This current price does not have the extras we get from the sale. 1) Pre-paid gratuities $203, Promotion Credit $100 and Free specialty dining $29.

So the current price is about $200 more per person.

• Like 1

I have 4 cruises booked, hard for me to judge when I look at current prices.  I booked all of these with specials, plus a discount from my TA because she has group pricing usually.  Seems like an increase but not major.  I check my cruises all the time.

We are hoping to book in the Summer if things have stabilized. We don't have our fingers on the pulse of where prices are at but always look for sailings that are around $100/day or better and that is kind of our marker for decided where to buy.

Any promotions beyond that are usually just gravy.

Prices DOWN for July Alaska

Hmm.  I got all excited when I got a "free" upgrade to a mini suite recently. Then I checked and the current price of the mini-suite was the same as my original balcony, and my balcony price had dropped by $800 or so PP (per person).  So I got, probably, nothing. 

The deck above my old choice (10 rear) - so, 11 rear, is completely EMPTY.  This suggest that my 7/25 trip may well go down the drain.  Anyhow, if it does happen, it will be cheaper - as of today.  I am looking forward to checking again tomorrow!

The Cruises we have booked for 2020 have not gone up, in our case the cabins are now cheaper.  We have been upgraded, but had we not been upgraded, we could have cancelled the bookings and rebooked at slightly lower fares. We have nothing currently booked for 2021, but it looks like those prices are up if I compare the same cruises from 2020 to 2021 prices. 

Our HI circle cruise over Thanksgiving has gone up around $200 since we booked using the BSE promo. We still have the only forward cabin booked on the Caribe deck. Looks like C108 cancelled as it is now showing as available. 

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Canada New England cruise on Sky Oct 2020 verses Oct 2021.  Price for same cabin is $200  more per person for 2021 cruse

I thought cruises a long time out were always more expensive and then reductions happen as sail date approaches.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I thought cruises a long time out were always more expensive and then reductions happen as sail date approaches.

My experience also.

I actually wish Princess would start realistically as opposed to high. It would save a lot of time for travel agents who are constantly re-faring cruises.

We booked a Sep 2020 Canada New England. Recently the Basic fare for inside was $999 it is now $899. We booked with perks and later added Drinks and Gratuities with BSE so current prices are no benefit.

When we initially booked OV was ~ $1100 cheaper per couple over Balcony,  so we opted for OV, a first for us. Currently Balcony is only $100 more pp, but still more expensive than our initial fare.

We’re booked on the Sky for New Years 2020 . The fare we got, including specialty restaurant, PBP, WiFi, and gratuities is $800 pp less than it is today.   MB cabin. 
now, our Dec, 2021 Discovery, also MB with all the same extras, except for the specialty restaurant, is $50 pp more than today’s fare.