Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Well, we just had another lockdown announced. I have no idea what I will be doing but thanks to my beautful garden, I will have time to chill there for awhile. Its always nice to have a place to go out that belongs exclusively to you =D 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A family of four came and gave us a lovely thin 5x7" faux wooden tray.  When turned over, "Alitalia Airlines" was prominently displayed!! 

LOL.  This reminds me of a gift I gave to my FIL a few years ago.  I came across these really neat coasters while rummaging around at a Savers store.  In case you do not have one it is on the same idea of a Salvation Army store.  Anyway, it was a stone coaster set of 4 on which had a map of the Narragansett Bay carved on the front.  My FIL, being a fisherman, probably knows every inlet and I though he might like them.  They were brand new, still taped inside the box.  it wasn't until I got home and pulled them out that I realized they had "Bank of Newport" stamped on the back.  Anyway, it was a good laugh for $3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is almost 2 years .

I know...who would have ever thought? It has gotten more than old. We're living in historical times for sure. 100 years from now people will be reading about this time and wondering what it must have been like. Hopefully by then things aren't worse in some ways. I often think about that - be cool to come back in say, 1,000 years or so, just to see what's going on. Probably wouldn't be able to relate to very much anyway - might not be a whole lot different than bringing someone from the 10th century to the present day. A bit of "future shock" ala Alvin Toffler. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Also, all the guests received small bottles of olive oil [the bride's uncle is a producer]. 

Now that is a lovely thank you gift. 

@DaniDanielleSorry to hear that you and Charlie are "grounded".  Hopefully the results from the latest probe will get you released.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Now that is a lovely thank you gift. 

@DaniDanielleSorry to hear that you and Charlie are "grounded".  Hopefully the results from the latest probe will get you released.

Thank you.  I am getting antsy and it is only two days!  I miss my grandkids.  My older daughter teaches in a school down the street from us. Her kids go there also so are here every day. Now I wave as they drive by😢

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I know...who would have ever thought? It has gotten more than old. We're living in historical times for sure. 100 years from now people will be reading about this time and wondering what it must have been like. Hopefully by then things aren't worse in some ways. I often think about that - be cool to come back in say, 1,000 years or so, just to see what's going on. Probably wouldn't be able to relate to very much anyway - might not be a whole lot different than bringing someone from the 10th century to the present day. A bit of "future shock" ala Alvin Toffler. 

Wow,Alvin Toffler.I had a connection with him.He was a faculty member of The New School during a time when I was taking classes there.He was a brilliant thinker.

1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wow! That's so cool!  Often thought of re-reading it but, like many books awaiting an intended revisit, haven't gotten around to it yet. He was certainly ahead of his time I'd say. 

Referring to brilliant minds.When I was an undergraduate I took a 3 credit class titled History of Latin America.The Professor entered the classroom the first day and stated that he teaches the class from a Communist point of view and if anyone wished to drop the class they could do so without penalty.Three people left the room.

He was among the best teachers I have ever had.At the end of the course he gave me a grade of “A” and tried to talk me into changing my major.

I did not but I did take another class with him.

Years later I googled him and found that he left NYC to teach at St.Joseph’s in PA.

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My Grandmother  had Alzheimer's so it does concern me.

Paulines mam died 3 years ago aged 96 with Alzheimer's Vascular Dementia.

Pauline,her brother and I gave her 24 hour care for her last 4 years so know a lot about the condition.

There is medication that helps but because of Ruth's other medication she could not take the medication which helped her sister who died aged 98 with dementia also.

Graham.

• Like 4

Just now, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that Graham. Alzheimer's is horrible for loved ones who have to see the person they love and care about lose their memory of who they were. It's was heartbreaking for me when my grandmother did not who I was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Well, we just had another lockdown announced. I have no idea what I will be doing but thanks to my beautful garden, I will have time to chill there for awhile. Its always nice to have a place to go out that belongs exclusively to you =D 

Where is this??

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline,her brother and I gave her 24 hour care for her last 4 years so know a lot about the condition.

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear that Graham. Alzheimer's is horrible for loved ones who have to see the person they love and care about lose their memory of who they were. It's was heartbreaking for me when my grandmother did not who I was.

A friend of mine was also heartbroken that her mom didn't know who she was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you.  I am getting antsy and it is only two days!  I miss my grandkids.  My older daughter teaches in a school down the street from us. Her kids go there also so are here every day. Now I wave as they drive by😢

That’s what really sucks about all this.  When we went through this in July the kids would drop us off food and a couple of times the grandkids brought their bikes and played out front while we watched from the porch.

One thing I will never forget was the first time my youngest daughter and I hugged when we got back together at the beginning of this mess.  The memories can stir the emotions.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

A friend of mine was also heartbroken that her mom didn't know who she was.

I heard someone on a TV show recently say it was although they were weaned off of a loved one that had alzheimers to prepare for their death.     I found that an interesting way to look at it.     

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bonnie,ask me what happened yesterday and I might not remember but things that happened many years ago are very clear in my mind.

Oh, I remember past events that happened in my life many years ago but I'm unable to zero in on the exact year as you do.

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t know how many time I like walk into the kitchen and start turning around in circles trying to figure out what I came in to get.  Sometimes I don’t remember, walk back to the living room, sit down then remember.  😂 

Preoccupation, I call it.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ Applying for membership to this exclusive club too 😎

Unfortunately, I qualify for membership as well.

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My big problem is forgetting words.  I find that frightening.  

Maryann, my sister and I have the same problem.  We talk to each other about it constantly. I could be talking to someone or think of something and can't remember the word I need.  Every now and then I can't think of a name.  Not someone I know personally, but someone I have seen on TV movies, etc.   See below for an example:

Jack and I were once in a hotel in Tel Aviv, in the 70s.  I went down for breakfast telling Jack to meet me in the dining room.  I ate fast and since he didn't show up I decided to go back up to our room. As I waited for the elevator, the doors opened and a tall, hunky guy coming out, bumped into me.  He was a famous Hollywood actor.  I gasped, gaped, got tongue tied.  He apologized profusely, taking my arm to steady me.  I mention this because not long ago I could not think of his name.  I saw him vividly in my mind but couldn't think of his name.   Jack wasn't home at the time and I was going to call and ask him since it was all I could talk about when it happened.  I thought and thought and thought and FINALLY it came to me.  Robert Mitchum!

• Like 7