"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Agree, that is the way I did my NY eve filet.  Really hot grill pan.  Although, can’t you do the BGE for a hot sear?

I'm not a BGE expert (don't even own one...yet) but my understanding is that you can get them VERY hot...maybe even hotter than a pan on a stove.  You certainly COULD sear on a BGE.  It would take 15-30 minutes though to load it up with charcoal and get the fire going enough to reach a high temp.  More trouble than it's worth for a 2 minute sear.

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky won't eat take out or restaurant pizza....he likes my homemade...and I love to make it. 😉 

Do you have a secret sauce recipe?  In my opinion, it's the sauce that makes the pizza, with the crust a close second.

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Agree, that is the way I did my NY eve filet.  Really hot grill pan.  Although, can’t you do the BGE for a hot sear?

Just a lot more effort

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not a BGE expert (don't even own one...yet) but my understanding is that you can get them VERY hot...maybe even hotter than a pan on a stove.  You certainly COULD sear on a BGE.  It would take 15-30 minutes though to load it up with charcoal and get the fire going enough to reach a high temp.  More trouble than it's worth for a 2 minute sear.

Clean, load, lite, wait. 

Maybe Rory can get his going faster with his flame thrower. I'm not there yet. Probably takes me 30-45 minutes to hit 600 degrees

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Do you have a secret sauce recipe?  In my opinion, it's the sauce that makes the pizza, with the crust a close second.

Then it wouldn't be a secret, now would it 😉

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Most time I just keep it simple with a smearing of pure tomato paste (can't stand the flavored ones).  It's my fresh toppings that make my pie.  😉   My last Pineapple, BBQ chicken, bacon pizza had no sauce at all on it...except what little BBQ sauce clung to the BBQ chicken.  The Pineapple was from we grew ourselves even.  

My crust is homemade as well...yup..get out the flour and make a mess.  😄 

Hey... I am on "routine lockdown"...time is my friend.  🤭

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Then it wouldn't be a secret, now would it 😉

Did you ever watch one of the latter Kung Fu Panda movie....his Dad finally tells him the secret to his secret ingredient soup...  "There is no secret...it's just noodle soup".  😄 

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did you ever watch one of the latter Kung Fu Panda movie....his Dad finally tells him the secret to his secret ingredient soup...  "There is no secret...it's just noodle soup".  😄 

Our very first cruise was on the Disney Wonder when our kids were fairly young.  We had a great waiter (the waiters follow you to the different restaurant venues) who was really funny.  He said something that we still say in our family today..."Soup is just water with stuff in it".

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Clean, load, lite, wait. 

Maybe Rory can get his going faster with his flame thrower. I'm not there yet. Probably takes me 30-45 minutes to hit 600 degrees

Takes me at least 3 beers to get mine to temperature. At least that’s what I tell the boss. 😇

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Takes me at least 3 beers to get mine to temperature. At least that’s what I tell the boss. 😇

That sounds about right.🍺🍺🍺

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

For all the cat lovers on this thread....

In our walk out today, we met 2 "homeless" kitties --

_DSC2897.jpg

caty.jpg.jpg

Awww...made me tear up....I love kitties and miss mine something awful.  Thanks for sharing! 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I'm on beer 5 now, but it was a success.

20210105_163617.thumb.jpg.440a1cdd2cde2b31312b1321cac45104.jpg

So glad I didn't finish in oven

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Lot longer than that. Maybe more than 3. Just don’t tell the boss. She is a counter. 

The little butane torch worked admirably

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Most time I just keep it simple with a smearing of pure tomato paste (can't stand the flavored ones).  It's my fresh toppings that make my pie.  😉   My last Pineapple, BBQ chicken, bacon pizza had no sauce at all on it...except what little BBQ sauce clung to the BBQ chicken.  The Pineapple was from we grew ourselves even.  

My crust is homemade as well...yup..get out the flour and make a mess.  😄 

Hey... I am on "routine lockdown"...time is my friend.  🤭

sounds delicious.   Now that I am working from home again, I can play in the kitchen during the day.    There are perks to do this virus and working from home 🙂