Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You sound like the doctor we all wish we had.  

@Ocean Boy sounds exactly like the family doctor (aka Primary Care Physician) I do have.

Dr. M, is that you? Get back to NY.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, trying to hold up...

Tomorrow early morning we have no choice but to travel to DS2 to look after the grandkids. The in laws had done their best and baby sat until today, but they have a funeral tomorrow, and their home to tend to.

I'll wear some old things, in case there will be an alarm while we'll be stuck in the rush hour and have to abandon our car and lay down on the asphalt...

Based on past experience, I was sure that this "futile exercise" will be over in a matter of days.

Usually, there is also pressure from "above" and it works. Not this time. Mr Biden rightly asked today for a cease fire, but the PM, who stands trial under 3 (as in three) counts, including corruption, categorically refused.

I'm seething. I have 0 (as in zero) faith in his interim government, and I'm sure his interests lay in keeping his a$$ in place, instead of the country's well being. Lots of his supporters don't serve in the army, but they are the most militant ones. Sure, why not, they don't "pay the price"....

On the bright side -- I've baked the long lost cheese cake which was intended for the holiday last week, and hopefully will have a picture after it spends the night in the fridge 😁

Stay strong Dani.  This will hopefully be over soon.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

House update. We now have 21 showings scheduled...19 on Friday and 2 on Saturday.  We have room in the schedule for only one more showing on Friday so I expect that Saturday will start to fill up more.  The first showing on Friday has actually already made an offer, even though we aren't accepting them until Friday.  Our agent can't therefore share the offer with us until Friday.  Starting to feel like a feeding frenzy, which is good for us.  We were told this would happen but we weren't sure until it actually started happening.

We plan to treat Friday and Saturday as a local vacation.  We have a hotel room nearby on Friday night so that we can leave the house in show condition.  We'll spend Friday at the Cincinnati Zoo.  Haven't been there since our kids were much younger...maybe 15 years?  It's one of the best zoos in the US.  On Saturday, we'll make the short drive North to Dayton to see the National Museum of the USAF at Wright-Patt Airforce Base.  It's been 20+ years since we were last there but it's one of the best museums that I've ever been to.  I most remember walking through several presidential planes, what would now be called AirForce One but might not have used that designation back in the time of these presidents (Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower).   If you're ever in the Dayton area (or even Cincinnati area and are willing to drive an hour), I'd highly recommend a visit.

• Like 12

On 5/18/2021 at 11:53 AM, helen haywood said:

Never mind flying turkeys.  Here in the south we have flying roaches!!!  😳

When we first moved to Florida I was told they were palmetto bugs. People would not admit to them being roaches. Whatever. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

House update. We now have 21 showings scheduled...19 on Friday and 2 on Saturday.  We have room in the schedule for only one more showing on Friday so I expect that Saturday will start to fill up more.  The first showing on Friday has actually already made an offer, even though we aren't accepting them until Friday.  Our agent can't therefore share the offer with us until Friday.  Starting to feel like a feeding frenzy, which is good for us.  We were told this would happen but we weren't sure until it actually started happening.

This is a great situation to be in. I’m excited for you guys. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We plan to treat Friday and Saturday as a local vacation.  We have a hotel room nearby on Friday night so that we can leave the house in show condition.  We'll spend Friday at the Cincinnati Zoo.  Haven't been there since our kids were much younger...maybe 15 years?  It's one of the best zoos in the US.  On Saturday, we'll make the short drive North to Dayton to see the National Museum of the USAF at Wright-Patt Airforce Base.  It's been 20+ years since we were last there but it's one of the best museums that I've ever been to.  I most remember walking through several presidential planes, what would now be called AirForce One but might not have used that designation back in the time of these presidents (Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower).   If you're ever in the Dayton area (or even Cincinnati area and are willing to drive an hour), I'd highly recommend a visit.

Fantastic news.

Your pool area looked brilliant so I'm not surprised you have had such an excellent response.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is amazing.  Although one of my nieces could pass for my daughter.  It is amazing how some family members look alike.  My husband looked more like his uncle than his dad!

I look like one of my grand dogs😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Lenny.

Thought you might like the New York polo shirt.

I never had a New York shirt.I have a Brooklyn shirt which is where in NY that I lived.I have a tee shirt from one of the sections of Brooklyn that I lived in and shirts from the NY towns that my daughters live in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She taught me how to be Diamond!

We were actually on a few cruises with her and her husband .We were also on a cruise with NJ Horseman and John Reid all of whom post on CC.We were on several cruises with some other people who post on CC but not as often.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you have a great plan for the weekend away from the house.

Your yard is an Oasis and I'm sure the rest of the house is beautiful too.  

• Like 1

This weekend will be a little melancholy for my family.  My younger brother's kids come up for a memorial to him.  We plan to release a white dove on Saturday and scatter ashes.  You see, our family's last name is Dove, he was Douglas Dove.  Covid may have beaten us up a bit, but she didn't beat all of us!  We will rise from those ashes stronger together.  Same for you Dani and everyone in your neck of the woods.  Don't worry, I know where my brother is, fly fishing for bonefish with my Daddy, at peace at last.  God bless you guys.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Bob, my husband was born at Wright-Patt!  Our paths keep crossing.  We had a great birthday celebration postponed from last year at Amelia.  Best of luck with your showings!!

Born at Wright-Patt?  Must come from an Air Force family.  My daughter's boyfriend (future SIL??) now works there as a civilian engineering contractor. 

Hope you had good weather while on Amelia Island.  We checked the weather a couple of times over the last two weeks to see what we were missing while here in Ohio and it always looked good.  Did you do anything exciting?  Eat at any good restaurants?  We're still fairly new residents there and are still looking for recommendations.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Since you seemed to like it I'll tell you where it is, Up near Ponka Arkansas, headwaters of our first National River, the Buffalo River, we have an elk herd up that way, this was taken several years ago in December.  We got great color in fall!  You're welcome to visit, but don't move here👿  Just kidding, we like to keep it our secret...oops 😇

elk herd at Boxter.jpg

• Like 1

@BecciBoo  You might need to worry about the tourism department stealing your picture.  That is an incredible view!

My condolences on the loss of your brother.  My younger brother will be here next week. Although his trip was already planned for next week we didn't expect my dad to be gone by the time he came back.   We plan to scatter some of my father's ashes once he gets here.  My dad, too, used to enjoy fishing too.  We like to think he is doing that or working in the woodshop up there. 

• Like 4