Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...the deck is almost as big as the house!  😉  But that is a good thing...it's where we will spend most of our time.   Bucky already spending most of the day out there "Dreaming of my days on the ocean" type of blank stare. He is loving it and I am getting a lot of "atta girls" for this one.  🥰  I am the "hunter" and planner for all trips.   😄 

All your rental properties look fantastic and I'm not surprised Bucky as well as yourself are really happy.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 8:10 AM, bobmacliberty said:

If I understand correctly, you have a place to enter your password and your phone has automatically filled it in with your old password, probably in the form of a bunch of ******.  If that's the case, put your cursor in the password box and delete all of the *s so that your password box is now empty.  Then enter your new password.  Your phone will probably ask if you want to update your password.

You can also go into the phone settings and scroll down until you see password.  Should be right above mail and contacts.  This will show you all of the passwords that are saved on your phone.  Select cruisecritic.com and delete the password.  The next time you go to CC, your password should not be automatically entered.  When you manually enter your new password, your phone should ask if you want to save it.  

Wow, I am so far behind but I know by the time I catch up I will have forgotten to thank you for this IT lesson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Holy post count, batman, this thread just past 20,000 replies.

Great thread dani!

I'm writing two economics exams for the students today. Will they be hard or will they be easy? 🤔

On one hand, I just got a new set of pics of the new granddaughter ... so maybe easy.

On the other hand, I did shoot a gazillion over par on the golf course yesterday ... so maybe hard. 

Hmmmm??? 

More good news today

The CFL season is a go starting in August! (That's the Canadian Football League - we only need 3 downs to not get 10 yards!) 

And I got a raise at work! Of course, our HR department's first email failed to mention the amount of the raise or when it was retroactive to. They remembered to include those small details about an hour later. 😵

These exams are getting easier by the minute! 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

All your rental properties look fantastic and I'm not surprised Bucky as well as yourself are really happy.

Thanks Graham.   So far so good!  And you are Pauline are no slouches for living the good life...love all your pictures and settings!  Beautiful!  🤗

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wonderful!

Do you rent from VRBO and AirBnB or a private company?

So far...all VRBO...as I have found them to be very user friendly for searching with lots of pictures.  Plus they have been fair with cancellations when needed.  Quick to refund.  Had one owner cancel on us at the last minute...frustrating...but it was easy for me to replace.  Original property refunded same day.  

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

So far...all VRBO...as I have found them to be very user friendly for searching with lots of pictures.  Plus they have been fair with cancellations when needed.  Quick to refund.  Had one owner cancel on us at the last minute...frustrating...but it was easy for me to replace.  Original property refunded same day.  

To bad RCG doesn't follow the same process. 🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

To bad RCG doesn't follow the same process. 🙄

That's for sure.  I finally, after a dozen different calls all promising "another week...another week"...(which went on for 5 months)....received my FCC deposit voucher under the CWC program which stated would receive in 30 days...Hah!!  😒

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham.   So far so good!  And you are Pauline are no slouches for living the good life...love all your pictures and settings!  Beautiful!  🤗

Thanks Pat.

I got the travel bug at the junior school (up to 11 years of age)

The head teacher was a world traveler and she used to bring photo slides of her travels and put them in a projector and showed us them on a projector screen.

From age 14 we had a yearly foreign holiday usually to the Spanish Costa's or Spanish Islands.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Settled into our 2nd of 5 rental homes yesterday.  Enjoyed a nice picnic lunch at the northern part of Acadia National park, then were delighted at the little seaside cottage we will call home for the next two weeks.  Older, small, typical Maine seaside cottage.  Simple and plain, no frills.  But oh that view!!

This "cabin" has a huge balcony...just right for happy hour!  😄  

20210613_134509.jpg

20210613_162601.jpg

20210613_162508.jpg

20210613_162940.jpg

Beautiful view, perfect cabin for Maine.   How long at this one?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

I got the travel bug at the junior school (up to 11 years of age)

The head teacher was a world traveler and she used to bring photo slides of her travels and put them in a projector and showed us them on a projector screen.

From age 14 we had a yearly foreign holiday usually to the Spanish Costa's or Spanish Islands.

Lovely way to grow up.  🙂  My Dad took our family on a lot of trips, mostly tent or camper type trips.  Was always a wonderful way to "get out there"....with no cell phones, I Pads, laptops, etc.  😉 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful view, perfect cabin for Maine.   How long at this one?

Thanks...we are indeed enjoying it.  

Two weeks again at this one.  #3 and #4 will both be four weeks each.  🙂  Feel like traveling Gypsies right now.  😉  Good thing we rented a roomy SUV...need it for all the "stuff".   😄 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

How is your dear wife?.

I hope your wife is recovering as I hadn't heard from you.

Graham.

Hi Graham - Thank you for asking. While there have been some faint glimmers of hope here and there, nothing that can be considered "meaningful" or "measurable". Unlike physical injuries where progress in recovery can be measured in weeks, with brain injuries it often takes months for even the smallest sign of improvement. So we continue to sit, wait and pray and give her the time she needs.

I've been on CC sporadically that last few months. My wife would always record our trips in a good, old fashion paper book diary. For our own memories sake.  I take these diaries to her bedside and read them to her. Her words in her handwriting. Yesterday, it was about some of our cruising adventures, hence I find myself back here, reading BirdTravels time on AOS.

And @island lady adventures in Maine. She can be my house finder anytime!

And seeing your beautiful house, gardens and radiant wife always brings a smile to my face @grapau27

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

More good news today

The CFL season is a go starting in August! (That's the Canadian Football League - we only need 3 downs to not get 10 yards!) 

So the "downs" needed are a reverse conversion............you need 3 downs to = US 4 downs. New Math!!!!

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hi Graham - Thank you for asking. While there have been some faint glimmers of hope here and there, nothing that can be considered "meaningful" or "measurable". Unlike physical injuries where progress in recovery can be measured in weeks, with brain injuries it often takes months for even the smallest sign of improvement. So we continue to sit, wait and pray and give her the time she needs.

I've been on CC sporadically that last few months. My wife would always record our trips in a good, old fashion paper book diary. For our own memories sake.  I take these diaries to her bedside and read them to her. Her words in her handwriting. Yesterday, it was about some of our cruising adventures, hence I find myself back here, reading BirdTravels time on AOS.

And @island lady adventures in Maine. She can be my house finder anytime!

And seeing your beautiful house, gardens and radiant wife always brings a smile to my face @grapau27

I'm so sorry to hear there is only a minimal change but she is in our prayers.

When we were caring for Pauline's late mam who had Vascular dementia and Alzheimer's we used to play the old wartime music and she instantly remembered.

It might be a thought and you might have already done this but playing her favourite music might stimulate a response.

Very best wishes from us both.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

👎😰

Personally I think it is right and wearing of masks indoors is still the best thing to do for a few more weeks while millions more people get a vaccine jab 

TBH since May 17th when the last stage of lockdown was implemented life has been fairly normal.

We stayed in a hotel for 3 nights,ate meals inside and outside at restaurants visited family.

22,000 football fans were at the England/Croatia football match and 15,000 at the England/New Zealand cricket match all close together and singing loudly.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It might be a thought and you might have already done this but playing her favourite music might stimulate a response.

The staff at the facility she is at have really enjoyed listening to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Motown, Snoop Dog, RadioHead, Pussy Cat Dolls, Depeche Mode and ....yes....Garth Brooks and several others country super stars.

Needless to say, they are amused by her eclectic taste in music.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The staff at the facility she is at have really enjoyed listening to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Motown, Snoop Dog, RadioHead, Pussy Cat Dolls, Depeche Mode and ....yes....Garth Brooks and several others country super stars.

Needless to say, they are amused by her eclectic taste in music.

Sounds like good music to me.

As an ex rep for EMI records in the early 80s I loved most music including the Beatles,Motown, Country, Bob Dylan and a lot of easy listening music.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Many think the song was about Caroline.  It was about his wife and he needed a 3 syllable name to fit the song. So yes it was a picture of Caroline to name the song but it wasn't about Caroline at all.

This is part of a CNN interview:

“I was writing a song in Memphis, Tennessee, for a session. I needed a three-syllable name,” Diamond said during an appearance on “Today.” “The song was about my wife at the time — her name was Marsha — and I couldn’t get a ‘Marsha’ rhyme.”

While working in his Memphis hotel room and trying to find the right three-syllable name to fit seamlessly into the song, Diamond noticed the picture of young Caroline Kennedy, and the rest is history. 

So it really was just needing a name that fit. Just like Stephen Foster who decided “Way Down Upon the PeeDee River” wouldn’t work and decided Suwannee would. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Lovely idea to read her diaries to her HBE4, nice to hear from you and sending positive thoughts your way for recovery. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1