Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today we travel to   Buffalo New York to see the Miami university of Oxford Ohio play 

university of Buffalo as a day trip. 

My Daughter-in-law was a professor at UB when they were living in Williamsville. We always enjoyed great Muffaletos from Marco’s Italian Deli, and that was our Go to sandwich when we visited them.  

I just pulled up Marco’s menu, and it looks like they no longer have them on the menu.  Too bad, because it would be worth the trip to have one again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is going to be the longest Live Review that I have ever seen!  I hope you have a fun and safe adventure.   I am betting by the end of this, you will be able to meet at least one 😎 cool cruiser.  😆 see you in a few.

I have 36 weeks coming up next year 😉🤣🤣

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have 36 weeks coming up next year 😉🤣🤣

I would hope you aren't going to be bothered with an ongoing review for 36 weeks straight on cruise critic. I know I wouldn't be doing it.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I would hope you aren't going to be bothered with an ongoing review for 36 weeks straight on cruise critic.

I would love for a review of the world cruise.   Such a different experience than your average cruise and would be nice to hear all about it.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would love for a review of the world cruise.   Such a different experience than your average cruise and would be nice to hear all about it.

Yes, maybe a review weekly, but sure as heck not daily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

Power came back 10pm  Lost all food but that's okay.

Does the power company reimburse for food lose?  A few years ago, we lost power for an extended period time when a rare August tornado touched down.  Someone told me that the electric company will reimburse for food lose.  As you are familiar with the area, there are 3 major electric companies - ConEd, O&R and NYSEG.   Sure enough, 2 of the 3 would reimburse, my electric supplier - NYSEG -  did not, saying that was the responsibility of the insurance company.

I didn't argue or follow-thru as we ended up packing up as much of the perishables we could & stayed with family so the food lose was minimal.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depending on if the Dr tells her to stay off work for any more time we might just end up on a cruise.  I have a free MSC one that I wasn't sure I'd be able to use but this may change things

Glad it looks like no surgery for her. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

My mom passed away earlier this morning had a good long life was 96.

I’m very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Does the power company reimburse for food lose?  A few years ago, we lost power for an extended period time when a rare August tornado touched down.  Someone told me that the electric company will reimburse for food lose.  As you are familiar with the area, there are 3 major electric companies - ConEd, O&R and NYSEG.   Sure enough, 2 of the 3 would reimburse, my electric supplier - NYSEG -  did not, saying that was the responsibility of the insurance company.

I didn't argue or follow-thru as we ended up packing up as much of the perishables we could & stayed with family so the food lose was minimal.

Most homeowners insurance companies will reimburse but I am not sure about the minimum amount and the deductible.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today we travel to   Buffalo New York to see the Miami university of Oxford Ohio play 

university of Buffalo as a day trip. 

Besides the necessities like food and non alcoholic beverages. We are taking 

pillows 

blankets

change of clothes 

3 1/2 people. ( baby in belly). 

2 German shepherds 

leashes

dog bowls 

Pray for our safe journey. 

CD0CE9FE-01B5-4000-9059-D5D3012AEA0A.thumb.jpeg.589e6c05ba26e25275648659c3000ecf.jpeg

Wow, you take your game days seriously!

👍

1 hour ago, George C said:

My mom passed away earlier this morning had a good long life was 96.

My condolences on your loss.  At that age, you almost expect them to live forever. And it's never easy losing someone no matter how old or how "expected" it may be. But it will be comforting knowing she had a good long life.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Most homeowners insurance companies will reimburse but I am not sure about the minimum amount and the deductible.

Which is why I was surprised the other 2 power companies had a program in place to reimburse people as the power outrages was caused by a severe storm that passed thru.  Some people were without power for up to 3 weeks but ours was restored after 5 days.  Pretty sure there was a cap as to how much they would reimburse.

As our food loss was minimal, I didn't bother filing anything.

• Like 1