Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Watching the weather channel and the news story is about a tornado on the ground in Houston.  They are telling viewers to take shelter from your car  in Bucees (sp).  
Only one problem. If your watching your probably not driving. 

Preparing for our upcoming snow event tomorrow. 

Be safe. 

I remember driving through the South years ago.  As we were driving, there was an announcement on the car radio about a tornado.  They said “Everyone should take standard precautions!”

No explanation of what those might be.  I guess now we know it is to go to Buc-ee’s. 

We will be awaiting or winter storm, which is either rain or snow or ice according to the weather app.  Should be fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Olivia's?

Nevermind, I think I am just very hungry for Olivia's.🤣

This looks like seafood. Jo's crab shack?

And can I guess the one on 192 by the water tower? I am having having SO much fun with this!

You were correct,when walking out of Joe's and walking over to Publix for some wine we saw the water tower.

We usually go to the Joe's down by Texas Roadhouse and Orange Lake.  First time ever to the Joe's  by the water tower.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I remember driving through the South years ago.  As we were driving, there was an announcement on the car radio about a tornado.  They said “Everyone should take standard precautions!”

We were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on I-95 in Jacksonville a few years ago, when we heard a similar announcement.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone know if we can park our car over at Boardwalk and walk in to Epcot from there. We aren't staying on  property?

Probably not, unless you have a dining reservation, such as the Flying Fish. 
Even then, they might not let you stay all day. 

That’s our DVC property, and parking is often pretty tight.

• Like 1

Well after 17 years the old water tank is just but a memory. 

B075EDF7-B3E9-4B9D-9B4F-D177F636976D.thumb.jpeg.51721973b6d2dfb3dd5d953a35ef60ab.jpeg

So after 7 hours with a three man crew.  Out with the old and in with the new. 

I had gotten my second shingles vaccine yesterday. So I stayed out of the way on the couch under a blanket. Lizzy locked in a bedroom with food water litter box toys. 

Gas line turned off for 1 1/2 hours. 
Water off for 3 hours. 

The new system temp is set

at 125 degrees F. 

07891F5F-2ADE-45F0-9F64-B82BC2F2EE2B.thumb.jpeg.71460e801d0fe31ba66f0bf03d7a09d2.jpeg

They cleaned up. Swept. Very impressed with their work. 

15 year warranty for inside works. 
$5,000. Total cost. 

Yup. There goes “ let’s not use the credit card”. 

Soaked in jacuzzi. 
Still chilling from vaccine.  
But blanket, cat , and wedding soup is just what I needed. 

Catch you later. 

• Like 18

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy starting to pack today.  We fly to Miami Friday then cruise Sunday on NCL Encore.  I might do a comparison type review post-cruise and will probably post just a bit here during the trip. We’re going with friends who’ve never cruised before so that’ll be interesting.  They’re both excited and a little nervous, not knowing what to expect. I’m just looking forward to warm weather and a cocktail! 

This should be a lot of fun.    We really enjoyed watching our Son and his Fiance (at the time) board a cruise ship for the first time.    There were a lot of awe moments.

I am doing the happy dance for you.     I hope you have great flight down to Miami with smooth seas and perfect weather🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had a wild lightning storm come through Sydney last night.  It was hot & humid before, so we sat out on the deck and watched it approach.  One of the early flashes of lightning lit up our big paperbark tree and we could see the baby possums climbing higher & deeper for safety.

photo taken by a family member of the sky at their place last night

24DF69EA-C107-48DC-857B-B617F6FB45D7.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone know if we can park our car over at Boardwalk and walk in to Epcot from there. We aren't staying on  property?

Is there a work around?

We used to always walk around the boardwalk but the last couple of times security told us to go back to Disney springs and park there then get the Disney bus back to the boardwalk.

We were told it was valet parking only and you had to be staying in the boardwalk or had dinner reservations.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well after 17 years the old water tank is just but a memory. 

B075EDF7-B3E9-4B9D-9B4F-D177F636976D.thumb.jpeg.51721973b6d2dfb3dd5d953a35ef60ab.jpeg

So after 7 hours with a three man crew.  Out with the old and in with the new. 

I had gotten my second shingles vaccine yesterday. So I stayed out of the way on the couch under a blanket. Lizzy locked in a bedroom with food water litter box toys. 

Gas line turned off for 1 1/2 hours. 
Water off for 3 hours. 

The new system temp is set

at 125 degrees F. 

07891F5F-2ADE-45F0-9F64-B82BC2F2EE2B.thumb.jpeg.71460e801d0fe31ba66f0bf03d7a09d2.jpeg

They cleaned up. Swept. Very impressed with their work. 

15 year warranty for inside works. 
$5,000. Total cost. 

Yup. There goes “ let’s not use the credit card”. 

Soaked in jacuzzi. 
Still chilling from vaccine.  
But blanket, cat , and wedding soup is just what I needed. 

Catch you later. 

Loving the tankless water heater.   

Curious on your second shingles shot. I had my first one a few weeks ago and had a pretty harsh reaction to it.  Not looking forward to the second one.  Had no reactions fro Covid 1&2 and flu shot.  Covid booster, yes but went away after 24 hours. 

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure about the water tower...we are in Celebration  though.

YESSSSS! That is where the water tower is: Publix, Greek cafe, Jo's etc etc in that whole "what you may call it'.  I go there often. I love the Greek cafe.

How are you enjoying the Wyndham?

• Like 1

So I was watching the news this morning and they do a segment on Ticketmaster and how they botched the selling of tickets for concerts of my dear friend... TS. In the segment are a couple of teenage girls totally sobbing because they were unable to get tickets. And this gets me thinking.... What is so screwed up with kids these days that they go into such a melt down over something like concert tickets?

I don't want to come across as cold (I've probably solidified that impression of myself long ago around here) but this upcoming generation, and this is a generalization, has truly been cottled and have absolutely no coping skills when it comes to adversity. If the inability to get tickets to a concert is the worse thing that they ever have to face in life then they are truly blessed people.

Then I started thinking about stories that @dani negreanuhas told us about living in Israel and I started feeling really disgusted about the behavior of these kids on TV. Just pathetic.

OK, I'm done with my rant. That is what I get for turning on the TV today. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I was watching the news this morning and they do a segment on Ticketmaster and how they botched the selling of tickets for concerts of my dear friend... TS. In the segment are a couple of teenage girls totally sobbing because they were unable to get tickets. And this gets me thinking.... What is so screwed up with kids these days that they go into such a melt down over something like concert tickets?

I don't want to come across as cold (I've probably solidified that impression of myself long ago around here) but this upcoming generation, and this is a generalization, has truly been cottled and have absolutely no coping skills when it comes to adversity. If the inability to get tickets to a concert is the worse thing that they ever have to face in life then they are truly blessed people.

Then I started thinking about stories that @dani negreanuhas told us about living in Israel and I started feeling really disgusted about the behavior of these kids on TV. Just pathetic.

I totally agree. I have often said that our kids are the product of the “Me Society.” It’s all about them and what they want.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah, never turning on TV or the internet might help.  

Remembers that growing up was rarely an option for people born more than 50 years ago, and only someone named Vanderbilt (or similar) could be as spoiled as most kids are today.  Life was a lot more real in the past.  I am worried that we have a generation that won’t grow up until they are way too old.  Hopefully, I am wrong, but I doubt it.

jc<———— really has become a curmudgeon. 😆😆😂

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I totally agree. I have often said that our kids are the product of the “Me Society.” It’s all about them and what they want.

I agree.  I am of the opinion a lot of it started with "everyone gets a trophy"  so that no one gets their feelings hurt over losing.  A cell phone is a "right" even at a very young age.  Expensive clothes and toys are a "must have."  This has contributed to a generation that doesn't have the ability to weather any storms in their lives.  Seeing the interns come to the refuge does give me some hope for the young generation.  Many of them are driven, work hard and have goals.  Then there are the "others" who are on their phones, don't want to do any hard or icky work, get caught vaping in the nursery, and smell like weed.  Sigh.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I agree.  I am of the opinion a lot of it started with "everyone gets a trophy"  so that no one gets their feelings hurt over losing.  A cell phone is a "right" even at a very young age.  Expensive clothes and toys are a "must have."  This has contributed to a generation that doesn't have the ability to weather any storms in their lives.  Seeing the interns come to the refuge does give me some hope for the young generation.  Many of them are driven, work hard and have goals.  Then there are the "others" who are on their phones, don't want to do any hard or icky work, get caught vaping in the nursery, and smell like weed.  Sigh.

Yep!!! One of my son’s first job was working at a sushi restaurant cleaning tables as a busboy. He complained about how hard the work was. I laughed and told him you have no idea what hard work is. I told him about how I worked construction during the summers as a laborer. One summer for a month all I did was shovel gravel. It was back breaking work. Most of the kids now a days have never really had to work hard.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, maggieq said:

Loving the tankless water heater.   

Curious on your second shingles shot. I had my first one a few weeks ago and had a pretty harsh reaction to it.  Not looking forward to the second one.  Had no reactions fro Covid 1&2 and flu shot.  Covid booster, yes but went away after 24 hours. 

So last night after dinner, I fell asleep on the couch before Jeopardy started.

Woke up after 8pm very warm. Sweaty, and started to chill.

Removed the cat from my neck, got up and drank 2 tall glasses of ice cold water.

Dunno why I was so thirsty and craved a cool drink.  When I make wedding soup I do not use any salt and use no salt bone broth.

Sat on the couch, and started watching a new series on Net I think its "1899" or something around that time.  Probably have to re watch the first episode, I was still dozing.

Went to bed a tad after 9pm

Slept in till around 8, and the only reason I got out of bed was I had to "P"

Today just have a little sore arm where the vaccine was administered, other than that, just taking it easy and watching the snow fall.

It just changed to hail outside, hitting against the window screen.

Be safe

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

In the segment are a couple of teenage girls totally sobbing because they were unable to get tickets.

Don't forget, these same girls would also be crying if they were at a TS concert, just like girls did in the 1960s at a Beatles concert, or even at the movie theater watching A Hard Day's Night (I may or may not have been one of those tearful girls).  They are teenaged girls, I'll cut them some slack.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

Don't forget, these same girls would also be crying if they were at a TS concert, just like girls did in the 1960s at a Beatles concert, or even at the movie theater watching A Hard Day's Night (I may or may not have been one of those tearful girls).  They are teenaged girls, I'll cut them some slack.  

I had a crying meltdown when I watched The Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show.  I was one of those tearful girls watching A Hard Day's Night in a movie theater. My Eastern European born parents thought I had lost my mind.  To their credit, they allowed me the freedom to express my obsession until I grew out of it.

• Like 8