Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, NHProud said:

@brillohead  Do you a history with Michigan State University?  Very shocking, sad and terrifying for the students on campus , tonight.  

I met my hubby at MSU . He obtained his graduate degree there decades ago . It is a huge , beautiful campus . We have fond memories from the four years we spent at MSU . 

Several friends have children attending there right now.  Fortunately my FB feed is full of them all stating that their kids are safe.  Thanks for asking.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Good morning from freezing Venice,

Yesterday was the worst travel day we’ve ever experienced in our long life….

I just want to congratulate Sue @sgmn and Lisa’s Andrew @A&L_Ont on their b’days today 🌺🥂🎂

@sgmnHappy Birthday Sue!  Have a great day!  @A&L_OntPlease give Lisa my best as she celebrates her Birthday today, Andrew!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

MRI results were okay according to Cancer doctor.  Still don’t know what is causing his stomach issues.  Next up the gastroenterologist.  Never ending saga 🥴

I'm glad that it's "okay" with the Cancer doctor, but sorry that you and Charlie must continue his journey to find the culprit that's causing his stomach issues.😔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Not sure you should abbreviate Valentine’s Day as VD day 😁😁

just picked up a couple dozen roses for my wife , will some scallops for her tonight have no idea what I will eat.

VD became STDs years ago. Kids today don't even recognize VD's former connotation. Now STDs have become STIs. We don't want to traumatized our kids by telling them they have a disease. Now they are just infections... Like when you get an earache...🙄

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Adding my Happy Birthday wishes for @sgmnand @A&L_Ont Lisa, along with hopes everyone has a Happy Valentine’s Day.  
I’ve been fighting a miserable (non-Covid) cold which doesn’t pair well with taking care of a 2 and almost 4 year old. NyQuil helped me sleep last night so I feel a little better today. 
@dani negreanu I look forward to hearing about your trip. 

Feel better, Deb!  Never fun to be ill, but worse when you have the little ones to take care of.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Valentines Day wished to everyone. I love you all and especially Happy Valentines Day and Happy Engagement Anniversary wished to my beloved wife Linda. Hard to believe it’s been 26 years.

8B206458-F969-4764-943D-B8BD03DCFD3A.thumb.jpeg.4551b106437caf8ab7c46dac98fe1d58.jpeg

Wishing you and Linda a Happy Engagement Anniversary, Greg!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu You look so happy ! Glad that you made it to your lovely rental  flat .  

Your first meal looks intriguing.  Black ink pasta and vegetable knots ? 

Right about the pasta. Coquille St. Jacques bought this morning at the Rialto market. Had never eaten them fresh before….

The kitchen is really well equipped, even though it seems we’re the first ones actually using it. There is an excellent pizza place round the corner, took away for lunch….

Dessert — the Texan fruit cake which finally materialized after 3 (three) months on the road, in excellent condition, so it traveled again, with us to Venice 😁

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

VD became STDs years ago. Kids today don't even recognize VD's former connotation. Now STDs have become STIs. We don't want to traumatized our kids by telling them they have a disease. Now they are just infections... Like when you get an earache...🙄

Sigh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

@dani negreanu Dani, that sounds like a horrible travel day.  I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the rest of your trip.

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

So sorry Dani!  The sad state of travel is that you can't trust anyone.  😞

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Wow Dani what a nightmare.

Hopefully you have a fantastic time in Venice.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

@dani negreanuI am so sorry.  That is not a fun way to start a get away.  I hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly for you.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Sorry it was such a nightmare Dani.  I hope the rest of your trip is just glorious to make up for this rough start.

@dani negreanuSo sorry that your travels turned into such a nightmare, Dani!💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I love Valentine's Day. My husband ordered Shari's Berries for me, which arrived yesterday. I bought a gift box of jerky for him.  Andrew will get assorted snacks & candy. Our family tradition is to go to Uncle Julio's for their chocolate pinata dessert. We do that every year. They take reservations, so it's never a hassle or a wait.

uncle-julios-pinata-3.thumb.jpg.dcccad1d9d617db0802cff3b0aaeb630.jpg

We usually don't do Mexican, but Uncle Julio's is the exception.  Love, love their chocolate pinata.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday — flying from Tel Aviv to Venice via Athens — I’ve never felt so helpless in my entire life to the point of wanting to sit down near the boarding gate and cry myself senseless….

Originally I’ve booked a DIRECT flight for today, due to land in Venice early afternoon. 2 weeks after I got an email, that the flight will depart instead at 5pm, landing almost at 9pm. The apartment was already booked for February 14 to 18. 

The only available flight was a day earlier and via Athens, with the same company.  Whenever we had no choice but to book a connecting flight, we always booked with the same company, and all was OK.

Booked another night at a hotel, since the apt. wasn’t free. Not the best situation, but I took it in a stride.

So yesterday morning the flight departed late. Along with 2 other couples, we asked the crew what are our options, should the connection be too tight. She told us “there is no other flight today to Venice. The plane will wait for you, along with a “connection agent” who will take care of you. No worries…”

Turns out buses are used and we sat in the bus until the last passenger got in, along with a mom of twins, who needed 5 hands + help. All this time “the connection agent (CA)” is with us, telling us that boarding has begun, but…. you guessed “no worries”. 

Finally at the terminal CA started to rush us, practically running ahead. The 2 young couples keep up with him, I ran with the carry on and the hand bag somewhere in between and hubby barely makes it in the back. After turning one two many corners, I yell at CA that we can’t keep with him…. Somehow I “catch” him at…. border control, he’s “negotiating” that all 6 of us will skip the line… I ask “we’re in TRANSIT”, why should we pass border control when we don’t stay in Greece?” He just says “that’s it”, you’re on your own and leaves…

We pass b.c., then security, and, then, of course is gate 27 out of 30… We run and run, and find at the end the 2 couples deceived… the bus to the plane left. When asked about “no worries” the agent at the closed boarding said “we don’t wait for anybody”, go to the service desk and they’ll put you in another flight….

So, in the end, it took 3 flights to reach Venice (via Belgrade, with Air Serbia) and we got there… you guessed, at 9PM (left home at 5am).

Dani, so sorry you had to go through that travel nightmare but it seems you're having a lovely time now starting with DH's great food.  A great start to that well equipped kitchen.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

MRI results were okay according to Cancer doctor.  Still don’t know what is causing his stomach issues.  Next up the gastroenterologist.  Never ending saga 🥴

Marietta, so happy Charlie's MRI results are ok.  Hope that his stomach problems can be quickly fixed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:39 PM, dani negreanu said:

My lips are sealed... thinking that Ian Ventham is 2 persons was just an example of the difficulty of translating from English into Hebrew [where usually the vowels do not appear, with names being the worst...]

Peaceful days --

I'm happy to "report" that, as part of our golden wedding celebrations, each of us got to chose a "city break"....

So my DH will be fulfilling a dream of actually living in Venice and going to the [Rialto] market every day to buy fresh products and cook them in our rented apt 😉.

We're flying out early Monday morning via Athens, since our original direct flight was moved to late afternoon, and the proprietor wasn't ready to check us in at 9PM....

Direct flights to Venice are very scarce. We have a very short layover in Athens, luckily we travel only with carry ons.

What did I chose, you ask? I've chosen Marrakesh, also fulfilling a dream.... No cooking involved this time....

Happy Anniversary. Ours is today, Valentine’s Day. 🌹 🥂 🍾

• Like 17

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Several friends have children attending there right now.  Fortunately my FB feed is full of them all stating that their kids are safe.  Thanks for asking.

Thank God your friends'  children are all safe, Deb.  🙏

• Thanks 1

Painting was Completed yesterday.

Today they converted over the coat closet to a pantry to give us more storage. They used the wire racks from the old pantry we had in the original kitchen

We also had  our 3 cats over seeing the work , all 3 have the look like when is this project going to end.

20230214_185332.jpg

20230214_185342.jpg

20230214_185349.jpg

20230214_185355.jpg

20230214_185409.jpg

20230214_162240.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear his MRI scans were okay.

Hopefully the gastroenterologist can clear it up.

I saw my skin cancer surgeon this afternoon and he confirmed I had a rodent ulcer basal cell carcinoma and it was all cut out during my operation in December.

That is good,Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1