Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

But I wouldn’t change a thing.

Me either, I'm a sucker.

The Grand kids could take even more advantage but so far haven't.  The oldest two are almost embarrassed to ask for anything.  #3 is 13 soon to be 14 and just discovered that Papa is wrapped around her finger.  I'm afraid this one will be different the other two.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Me either, I'm a sucker.

The Grand kids could take even more advantage but so far haven't.  The oldest two are almost embarrassed to ask for anything.  #3 is 13 soon to be 14 and just discovered that Papa is wrapped around her finger.  I'm afraid this one will be different the other two.

When ever our grandkids want something, and their mother says no, they just say that they will ask grandma because she never says no.  And so far, that has been the case. 

• Like 4

On 2/15/2023 at 2:06 PM, Tree_skier said:

I'm finally back to work... thankfully.  I've been bored to tears for the last five days and it's starting to get expensive.  Online shopping and YouTube have been my only entertainment.  There has been a tab open on my browser to my cruise planner for days now.  I'm shocked I haven't booked another cruise, just more excursions and spa treatments so far.  And last night the algorithm at Youtube decided I needed cat videos.

You know you've reached the end of the line when that is all that is left.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

On 2/15/2023 at 3:09 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Supposedly it is in the lower 50's here but there is a stiff breeze blowing and it feels cooler to me. The North Atlantic is feeling a bit playful today. 

20230215_142830.thumb.jpg.f606c7f033850b20ef80789f3d7d88d2.jpg

20230215_143346.thumb.jpg.fb1272f5e229a01cfa32517494dc4cd6.jpg

20230215_143350.thumb.jpg.20a03749b3664623174e471c7075b70f.jpg

Love these pictures, OB!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the recommendations Dani.

Gorgeous pictures!  Now you have me thinking maybe we should take the train from Rome to Venice and fly home from there!  Might as well see as much as possible once we’re ‘across the pond’.  

What a great idea!  We loved our 2 Mediterranean cruises;  one left out of Barcelona, so we spent 2 days there before cruising, and the 2nd one left out of Civitivecchia, so we spent 2 days in Rome prior to cruising.  We were supposed to cruise out of Venice in 2021, but of course, we all know what happened with that...

You are going to love the Mediterranean!  Our first cruise was in September....hot!  October was gorgeous😉

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm ready for some Kraken with extra Kraken.     I had to "let go" fire a girl in our office today.  For the 20 minutes she was in my office she went through every emotion (denial, anger, crying then hugging me).    I walked her over to her desk on the other side of the building to help her pack up her belongings then she started screaming at another girl that it was all her fault she got fired.  I thought she was about to punch her.    I almost felt like I was on an episode of BD or they were filming us.    

Oh, man!  Did you have your Kraken after your trying day after getting home, Debbie?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When we learned of her passing yesterday, Micheline and I talked about who was the greatest female sex symbol of all time.  I leaned toward Raquel Welch but Micheline thought it was Sophia Loren.  She thought that Raquel "tried" to be sexy where for Sophia it was purely natural.  We agreed that Marilyn Monroe would round out the top 3.

You guys must be a little older then me......I was thinking Farrah Fawcett or Bo Derek should be pretty high on that list.

Electric Power finally back on at 3:50pm 🙂 You don't know how much you miss it until you don't have it !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And in a bit of trivia, that is the poster Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) used to cover his tunnel in Shawshank Redemption. 

Less known fact, in Family Guy's version of Shawshank Redemption there was a poster on the wall. It was not of Raquel Welch but of David Cassidy. You will need to look up what happened to the poster, because I can't post it here with out a high risk of playing monopoly. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No power here since early this morning 1:20am.......Have generator running now for coffee maker and got internet back on so my Wife can still work. Downstairs fridge is running.

Hopefully things improve and the power gets back on soon for you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, clochette said:

you did the right thing to go to the ER, I slipped and fell on ice on my way to the office 4 weeks ago, and kept saying I am fine until 1:00 p.m. that day when I realized I was not fine, fractures in 2 bones, I have been in a hard splint for 4 weeks (love that I can take it off to shower) and have another follow up today.  Pain was really bad at first due to the swelling compressing the tendons.

I sure hope you are not hurting so much now.  Was the splint taken off today?

6 hours ago, akcruz said:

Hoping Andrew feels better soon.  I can sympathize with you on not going right away.  Did that with my son once, kept telling him it's just a bump after a snowboarding fall.  Yep 2 days later x rays showed a broken bone in the back of his hand.  Still haven't lived that one down more than 10 years later.

Oh my, April!  So many of us parents have done the very same thing at least once!😉

• Like 2

We were lucky with the weather for the first 2 days… Today the fog was so dense that some of the vaporetto lines were cancelled (which quite worries me, since we’re supposed to board one of those in order to catch the airport bus…). It was very cold, with an humidity straight to the bones. Not pleasant at all and not “conducive” to pics….😪

At least DH shot so many until today, plenty to keep u entertained 😃

A tour of Venice’s Opera. When DH decided that’s how he’d like to spend our anniversaries, he asked to go to the Opera. I was also curious, since one of the books of Donna Leon takes place there (Death at La Fenice). He asked for a “happy opera” and I found The Barber of Seville. Once he agreed, I thoroughly researched seats, read every comment and advices. Told him the price of good seats. He was shocked. I mentioned that this is the right time to “splurge”. OK. I’m in the process of pushing the button “reserve seats” on the last 2 excellent seats (~300$), when he turns around from his computer and asks: “how much time the opera”?? I said: “let me check….. 3.30 hours”. DH: “forget it, we’ll just take a tour”….😉

0D2E4A12-637D-4E46-9DFA-0946E80DC50E.jpeg

Dinner tonight, DH even drank a whole glass of Chianti 😉

42B0002E-947C-40AD-92D3-3F45ED0B158C.jpeg

More costumes. Amazing the amount of money invested and how they pose so eagerly for everyone. I drew the line in posing with them, but most of the tourists did. I found it tiresome, waiting for “object” to be “free”…

A15D320D-C18E-44FB-9297-3C079C5558DE.jpeg

3FF6B038-82C1-4A01-A38A-8FBA7C5B54DA.jpeg

8DAD76D0-035F-4E8A-9C17-BF1EAA319044.jpeg

AB61C2A1-2B25-4DC6-8FC4-082E019A71E5.jpeg

9C725B91-9975-418A-96F9-96875337F2B3.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
insert spaces
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

On 2/13/2023 at 5:02 PM, DaniDanielle said:

MRI report is back.  Doesn’t look too concerning, one lesion is bigger but everything else looks okay. We see the doctor tomorrow so I don’t want to speculate too much.

Happy to hear Charlie’s MRI was ok.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You guys must be a little older then me......I was thinking Farrah Fawcett or Bo Derek should be pretty high on that list.

Electric Power finally back on at 3:50pm 🙂 You don't know how much you miss it until you don't have it !

Farrah Fawcett (had her poster growing up) and Bo Derek are definitely in my age group, but I didn't even think of them for some reason.  Farrah would definitely be on the list somewhere (I was more of a Jaclyn Smith fan), but Bo seems more like a flash in the pan.  Maybe she did other things that I'm not aware of.  Our other top 3 are all significantly older than us.  Don't know why. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When ever our grandkids want something, and their mother says no, they just say that they will ask grandma because she never says no.  And so far, that has been the case. 

Our grandson asked our daughter for a Trumpet for Christmas.  She said, why don't you ask Nana..lol!  Of course we gave Ryan a Trumpet!!!  He was beyond happy that day!

How is your daughter, Mark?  Has she had her operation?🙏

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

One of Pauline's friends sent this photo she took last night of the Northern Lights in Iceland.

IMG-20230216-WA0001.jpg

Beautiful, hoping to see something like that in September this year when we are in Greenland. During the time we are there is the NEW MOON which should make it very dark. 

Hoping for clear nights and a few shooting stars.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We were lucky with the weather for the first 2 days… Today the fog was so dense that some of the vaporetto lines were cancelled (which quite worries me, since we’re supposed to board one of those in order to catch the airport bus…). It was very cold, with an humidity straight to the bones. Not pleasant at all and not “conducive” to pics….😪

At least DH shot so many until today, plenty to keep u entertained 😃

A tour of Venice’s Opera. When DH decided that’s how he’d like to spend our anniversaries, he asked to go to the Opera. I was also curious, since one of the books of Donna Leon takes place there (Death at La Fenice). He asked for a “happy opera” and I found The Barber of Seville. Once he agreed, I thoroughly researched seats, read every comment and advices. Told him the price of good seats. He was shocked. I mentioned that this is the right time to “splurge”. OK. I’m in the process of pushing the button “reserve seats” on the last 2 excellent seats (~300$), when he turns around from his computer and asks: “how much time the opera”?? I said: “let me check….. 3.30 hours”. DH: “forget it, we’ll just take a tour”….😉

0D2E4A12-637D-4E46-9DFA-0946E80DC50E.jpeg

Dinner tonight, DH even drank a whole glass of Chianti 😉

42B0002E-947C-40AD-92D3-3F45ED0B158C.jpeg

More costumes. Amazing the amount of money invested and how they pose so eagerly for everyone. I drew the line in posing with them, but most of the tourists did. I found it tiresome, waiting for “object” to be “free”…

A15D320D-C18E-44FB-9297-3C079C5558DE.jpeg

3FF6B038-82C1-4A01-A38A-8FBA7C5B54DA.jpeg

8DAD76D0-035F-4E8A-9C17-BF1EAA319044.jpeg

AB61C2A1-2B25-4DC6-8FC4-082E019A71E5.jpeg

9C725B91-9975-418A-96F9-96875337F2B3.jpeg

Amazing photos Dani.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How is your daughter, Mark?  Has she had her operation?🙏

Operation is next Wednesday.  We have been getting lots of items she will need post-operation, and the last of them should be here this weekend.

We will have the grandkids for a couple days, while she is in the hospital.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow amazing costumes! I must have missed an earlier post. Why is everyone dressed in costumes?

Carnival in Venice. 2 birds with one strike … gourmet cooking being the other. 

More fog “promised” for the next 2 days. 

Suddenly, I just want home….

• Like 12