Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's where I started.  I do hot weather a lot easier than cold.  Although I do really enjoy vacationing up North on occasion.   We been considering visiting the New England area.  We would love to visit the Mayflower,  Old Ironside the Plymouth Colony etc.

A couple of thinks I have learned to love in the South,  Crappie,  Catfish, BBQ pork with coleslaw, Brisket etc.

Ok - please educate me - what’s Crappie?

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We all went to Quest and had a great time.     Chris and Donna were in total disbelief when grown adults started removing bras, pants and sharing whatever items were needed for a particular round.   We never laughed so hard. 

I always LOVE seeing people experience The Quest for the first time!  

When I describe it to people, I tell them it's a weird combination of a scavenger hunt, the game show Let's Make A Deal, and a burlesque show.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

As for grits, I’m a Canadian for that’s further north. My hot oatmeal has to have brown sugar or maple syrup, but certainly no raisins.

For me, grits have to be savory, not sweet -- butter, salt/pepper, cheese, etc.  Always grosses me out to see people put sugar or syrup on their grits. 

Oatmeal, on the other hand, has to be sweet, not savory.  

And yes, "instant grits" are from the Devil himself. Blech.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no clue either.

Me neither and I have sold Chocolate for over 35 years.

It was 32°F with ice on my car windscreen at 7am but it is now sunny and 42°F at 09.03am.

I hope everyone is safe and well and have a fantastic day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree. Their Lobster Bisque is not good. Wrong color and no pieces of lobster in it. The sauce should be a more creamy orange pink. I don’t know what they do to make it look like a brown sauce but it’s not good.

1EA02F6A-E358-4875-9C6E-DBC6B067994A.png.cd1df092305ec126077890dd537ba411.png

Chops not good.

4BBA8A47-9DFB-4833-ACB2-2F42A6C6E0EE.thumb.jpeg.b56d2d6bfd9b42320312f1df1007f714.jpeg

What it should look like.

Exactly!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

By any chance does the author reference the MPLP ?

If by MPLP, you are referring to the "Military Parental Leave Program", I do not recall it being mentioned specifically, but parts of this book would help any reader clearly understand many of the benefits of such a program.

If by MPLP, you are referring to the "More Product, Less Process" approach, then, nope, not at all 😉

dp

Edited by dpostman

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

For me, grits have to be savory, not sweet -- butter, salt/pepper, cheese, etc.  Always grosses me out to see people put sugar or syrup on their grits. 

Oatmeal, on the other hand, has to be sweet, not savory.  

And yes, "instant grits" are from the Devil himself. Blech.

I once ordered grits on a cruise and they came with cinnamon sprinkled on them.  Yuck. Cinnamon, brown sugar and milk belong on oatmeal or cream of wheat.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ATG said:

I once ordered grits on a cruise and they came with cinnamon sprinkled on them.  Yuck. Cinnamon, brown sugar and milk belong on oatmeal or cream of wheat.

There are just some things that are guaranteed to disappoint.  Gas station sushi, grits from unknown sources, and Texmex not in Texas.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Making a Costco run today.  Anyone need anything?  😁

It’s supposed to hit 60° today.   I think it will be the first time this year.  Of course, back in the 40’s tomorrow. ☹️

Thanks for the offer, but I made my run yesterday! Got the tires rotated and balanced, too! Today is the Walmart run... not as fun, lol!😜

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Haha 1

We had grits once or twice on our cruise a  couple of weeks ago on Celebrity, the one thing that must be avoided on Celebrity is there biscuits and gravy, biscuits are as hard as a hockey puck. Also remember going to a restaurant down here and ordering pastrami and getting it with lettuce and tomatoes, yuck. Less than two months we will have real pizza, pastrami on rye and Italian food in New York City then great Buffalo wings and beef on wick in Buffalo area . 

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

It’s supposed to hit 60° today.   I think it will be the first time this year.  Of course, back in the 40’s tomorrow. ☹️

I was planning on Costco today but realized it’s Masters week in Augusta.  Everything will be crowded.  I’ll wait 2 weeks for it to clear out.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I messed up with my first attempt to respond.  Too bad we're in different cities.  I'm making a Costco run today too! I'm only going for 2 items.  You know how that's going to end!

90s and sunshine here. I'm happy!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ok - please educate me - what’s Crappie?

Crappie is yummy!  Had crappie for dinner Saturday night at the lake house.  Fresh water fish pretty small.  Most are about 1 pound.  

jc

• Like 3

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

I had grits and cheese in Florida and it for me it did nothing. I probably had poor quality grits.