Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My stepdaughter watched all of the  episodes the other night & said I need to add it to my watch list & watch it as soon as possible so she can talk to me about it.

Should I be concerned? 😧   

(not really concerned) 😃

had Oxy for a lot of things. I would take maybe half a one during the day, and a whole one at night. It just put me to sleep, with less pain. It doesn't seem like an addictive thing to me. I liked the Tramadol better (before hip surgery) because it doesn't make (me) sleepy. Which is apparently synthetic. I didn't know you weren't supposed to drive on it. 🤔 Ooops.

I don't what the deal is with Morphine. Sue @Lionesss might know. I would have a morphine

injection, and I throw up. I think it still works for the pain because it is in your system. I received injections after my back surgery. That happened almost at once, every time. Nurse called DR. to say I didn't seem to tolerate it, and they put me on something else. Now I just tell, when asked. Not an allergy, but a reaction. 

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's 80 degrees here this morning in cloudy south Florida. I hear a lot of people who claim they like their homes in the 60's. I hate when I get on the

Todays temp , for the first time in a while, is predicted to only be 89. A little break from the steady stream of mid 90's. And tomorrow is predicted to be 87. At least my electric bill is not crazy. In the hot weather it does go over $100 , last month 107 and this month 109. With out 2br/2bath condo, we keep the thermostat at 77 and when we get to the mid 90's 76, and 76 overnight. 

As usual, the early prediction is for a lot of rain. It is a dynamic forecast, it constantly changes.  Hit or miss whether we actually get rain.  I do have an umbrella, but if a squall hits, they are useless.  too much wind. Two choices, stay put and stay dry, or go out and get drenched. There is some tropical stuff off of out coast, we may get some weather from that.  No hurricane predicted though.  

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

24 blooms at one time. Crazy.

20230818_083001.jpg

20230818_083025.jpg

20230818_083117.jpg

I love that Hibiscus.  It's a perennial, right?

The corn I've bought in the grocery store this summer has surprisingly been the best ever. Previous years I would often cut it off the cob to cook it because it wasn't good enough to eat on the cob. I hope yours is exceptional, too.  

• Like 4

All the grandkids slept overnight at our house.  Today, they are all playing together for one last time, before their summer ends. 

I take my son and grandson to the airport later this afternoon for their flight to California.  Orientation on Monday, and start of school on Tuesday.  

Will meet our daughter for lunch, so she can say her goodbyes.  She has work meetings all day to get ready for her school year which also starts Tuesday.  

It seems like summer went fast. 

130 days till we are all together again for our holiday get together in Florida.  

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, derorim said:

The corn I've bought in the grocery store this summer has surprisingly been the best ever. Previous years I would often cut it off the cob to cook it because it wasn't good enough to eat on the cob. I hope yours is exceptional, too.  

The sweetest corn we ever had was from NJ farms.  So sweet, it tasted like it was dipped in sugar.  Good you found some good ones in your store.

• Like 9

Good news and bad news about my never ending job search.  Good news - I got a call from the memory care facility I last worked in before I had ankle surgery.  They want me back!

Bad news - I had to turn it down because they want me for far too many hours.  6 hours per day. 

I had a face to face interview yesterday after a phone interview for part time office work managing volunteers for a non-profit org.  I'll find out next week if yay or nay.

Wish we could cruise enough to satisfy my staying home full time. 😏

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news and bad news about my never ending job search.  Good news - I got a call from the memory care facility I last worked in before I had ankle surgery.  They want me back!

Bad news - I had to turn it down because they want me for far too many hours.  6 hours per day. 

I had a face to face interview yesterday after a phone interview for part time office work managing volunteers for a non-profit org.  I'll find out next week if yay or nay.

Good Luck Bonnie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Do tell!!

Barrel  and bones in downtown Carrollton across the street from twisted root, barbecue food with a brunch on Saturday and Sunday, loads of TVs might be good for football season. I believe they have a couple other locations. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Just downpours here and the sun is now starting to come out.

The pictures I am seeing on the news were in North Providence and Scituate which I didn't think were near you.  Lots of damage in that area.  We have had heavy rains and thunder but clearing now here too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Yes it is a perennial. Bought it at Lowes the end of the season. It was the last one they had, it was mostly dead when I got it.  Didn't expect much out of it. Planted it the end of that summer. During the winter each year it dies down to nothing. You wouldn't even know it was there except I know where I planted it. This is the third year it has bloomed and each year it has more and more bloom the year before.

Just had 2 ears of corn for lunch. Ate it right off the cob, it's very good. I don't cut any off the cobs until later in the season and freeze it.  I'm hoping all the corn will be harvested before we go away on our cruise on the 11th of September.

Pretty sure there will still be more tomatoes to pick, just going to tell the neighbors they are free to go in the garden and pick anything they like while we are gone.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The sweetest corn we ever had was from NJ farms.  So sweet, it tasted like it was dipped in sugar.  Good you found some good ones in your store.

Yes, I miss my Jersey corn for sure. But I found some seeds on ebay and plant my own here in Virginia  now that is very close to Jersey corn.

The seed comes from a farmer in Mississippi. It's very good

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283816927555?var=585337953151

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good luck with your job search, Bonnie!  I've thought of coming out of retirement and getting a part-time job, but the thought of having to show up on a regular basis brings me back to my senses.  🤪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8