Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Is there any reason you don't put in a kitty door so she can have access to her hunting grounds at all times?  Or are you just afraid that she'll get stuck up in the rafters if you give her free access?

In truth we are concerned about her getting in and being stuck/trapped.

As for her hunting grounds she is a “murderer” wherever she goes. Last night’s victim is at her feet, and not in sight. 

IMG_3556.thumb.jpeg.bfdf4c4305bfc2150af93910287e3a00.jpeg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey is sailing along the north coast of Cuba making its way to Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to returning aboard tomorrow.🙂

She is coming to get you. In a good way that is. 😀

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I see that several people have already recommended asking your doc about Requip for your RLS.  I have given it to a lot of patients in the hospital, and I think it helps them because they often make a point of making sure it's on their med list for me to give them before bedtime.  

I hope you find something that gives you some relief -- proper sleep is so essential to the healing process!

I agree. I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. I was miserable.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Phew, finally got caught up on this thread.  I was already a few days behind when I came down with some sort of a nasty cold last week.  Tested negative for COVID, didn't feel like influenza, think it was just a particularly vicious cold.  My throat was on absolute fire for 3-4 days, to the point where the only thing I consumed was ice water or ice cream during that time -- even soda-pop was "too harsh" to consider, and I drink several cans of Pepsi Zero per day.  

I actually ended up calling in sick to work for a couple of shifts (first time ever calling in at this job, and I've been there since April), and those who know me on FB might have noticed that I wasn't even posting memes for several days.  I was so exhausted that I couldn't even watch tv for a few days, I just turned into a vegetable.

Fortunately, I've come out on the other side of it, with just an occasional rumbly cough.  I've gotten caught up with this thread and the Bella thread, but still have to read about the Icon fun.  

Hope you continue to feel better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We made it.  In our atrium suite now😁

Is the Atrium suite overlooking the indoor pool area?  Does it still turn into a night club at night?

Good luck, enjoy dinner.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Your January is a lot different from mine.  This is more like it.

Oh, I remember those long January days.  I thought Spring would never get here. 

One of the many endless January NY storms.  

blizzardof93.thumb.jpg.ec2842ecf8046a27cbecca0801189ad4.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. I was miserable.

Hopefully a KC victory next weekend will let you hav a good nights sleep , lots of kraken would not hurt , my choice of sleep aid is Johnny Walker Gold. Was surprised that my wife is now considering to working to 65 we definitely can afford to have her retire much earlier but we do like flying first class and booking suites. 

• Like 5

I may have told this story before lo the four years we’ve all gathered together here…. Our cat Tidbit was a great mouser…inside our house.  🙀  This was when we were living at an old farmhouse while working on New Haywood.  One night I woke up to a “Crunch CRUNCH” sound.  Yikes!  She was eating a mouse in our bed!!!  I screamed and woke up DH who was sleeping peacefully through the crunchy snack and my scream.  He got up and called to Tidbit.  I said “Don’t do that!  She’ll follow you and leave the partially devoured mouse in bed with me!”  Of course she didn’t; she jumped off with her prize.  DH removed it.  Fast forward another night when I woke up to a Crunch CRUNCH again…this time she was eating one on the bedroom floor.  DH decided to use the WC before coming back to deal with the mouse.  When he came back…no mouse.  He actually asked me if I’d moved it.  ?!?!?!  No, she’d just learned from the previous experience and swallowed her treat before it could be taken away from her.  There was nary a trace of said unfortunate mouse.  Gulp!

• Haha 14

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you board Saturday or Sunday?   Safe travels and hope to see your feet living the good life😊

Have a great time!

Saturday... 8 nighter. Coco Cay on Sunday, two sea days, Aruba, Curaçao, 2 sea days coming back to FLL.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Saturday... 8 nighter. Coco Cay on Sunday, two sea days, Aruba, Curaçao, 2 sea days coming back to FLL.

We know a great Italian restaurant with sinful garlic rolls in Ft Lauderdale if you’re interested. 

Just now, George C said:

We know a great Italian restaurant with sinful garlic rolls in Ft Lauderdale if you’re interested. 

Unfortunately, with work I can't fly until tomorrow morning. Should be in FLL by 9 AM and will go straight to the port.

• Like 4

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!   Did you fly to FL today?    Love CA Lighthouse

6AM flight tomorrow PVD to FLL. I couldn't get out today. The plane for tomorrow comes up from FLL tonight and spends the night and is non-stop going down so hopefully it all goes well.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Safe travels, enjoy your trip, looking forward to h3aring about it and seeing pictures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1