Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm doing alittle better. Went to the urologist and they took out the catheter. If things don't get better they may have to put it back in. Main thing he is worried about is my PSA is very high. They want to do a biopsy for prostrate cancer. I am not looking forward to that but I need to do something.

Oh boy, Greg.  When it rains, it pours for you lately.  I'm so sorry, my friend!  Good luck with your PSA testing.  When will you be going for that?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh boy, Greg.  When it rains, it pours for you lately.  I'm so sorry, my friend!  Good luck with your PSA testing.  When will you be going for that?

In a couple of weeks. I will happy once I get everything taken care of. My goal is to be completely healthy for our October cruise. I plan on once my hernia and knee replacement have healed enough to get back to working out. I had been in pretty good shape but 40 years doing a very physical job as a television news cameraman took it’s toll.

• Like 10

We've been gone too long for me to catch up but hoping all of you are well.

We are continuing on our sail around Australia and are scheduled in Darwin tomorrow.  This has been a wonderful trip so far. We were able to touch/pet the Koalas and Kangaroo and snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. 

20240216_115356.jpg

20240216_103941.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

@dani negreanu  Dani, so sorry to hear about your dear friend Alex. I hope that PT and rehab gets him back into good shape for his upcoming cruise. 

@Sea Dog  Greg, I’m so dry you are going through health issues. I am glad they saw this sooner rather then later so treatment can be administered and get you back in good shape quicker. 

@George CGeorge, that must have been scary. Did they check your sugar levels?  I hope it’s not anything serious and does not happen again. Drink your water 😀

They checked everything, luckily back pain is almost totally gone , but feel a light headed , so unfortunately cancelled the Wednesday and Friday reservations so no martinis or old fashions this week . 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George C said:

They checked everything, luckily back pain is almost totally gone , but feel a light headed , so unfortunately cancelled the Wednesday and Friday reservations so no martinis or old fashions this week . 

Well it’s best to get rest so you make your cruise.   I hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Take it easy George.  Hopefully it was just a one and done.

• Like 2

Going back to prostate biopsy, my doctor was trying to say I didn’t need anesthesia, luckily I didn’t believe him , one of my friends over over30 years had is first biopsy, said it was the most painful thing that ever happened to him ., he is a dozen years younger and really worried. As I said before I go under for deep cleaning I am certainly want anesthesia for that .

• Like 3

DD is planning on flying back home.  She has a fear of falling again with all the ice & snow.  She only had the operation on Saturday and I told her she must speak to her surgeon before she books a long flight home to Sydney.  I think there would be a risk with bloods clots on a long haul flight(s).

• Like 19

Just left the cold rainy uk that Graham has described.  On my way home after a trip to see my 95 yr old parents.  Trip was extended because my dad had a fall getting into bed while I was there.  The broken bone will heal but he is struggling to sit up - his blood pressure keeps falling.  My sister is taking over getting mum too and from the hospital.  

I left early this morning on a plane headed for Malaga where my car has been waiting for me.  There was fog over the airport in Malaga so we were diverted.  Now I am sitting on the plane at the airport in Seville.  Ironically I have been planning a trip here for months.  

look how interesting it looks

IMG_8695.thumb.jpeg.86d2e67bc1b994dec2df797a75f9a76f.jpeg

• Like 22

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD is planning on flying back home.  She has a fear of falling again with all the ice & snow.  She only had the operation on Saturday and I told her she must speak to her surgeon before she books a long flight home to Sydney.  I think there would be a risk with bloods clots on a long haul flight(s).

Good advice I would think wearing compression stockings would be in good order.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning all!  The countdown is on for my month long trek to Florida.  This time next week I will be on the way to DTW for my flight to Orlando.  Two nights in Orlando with a good friend who lives on Anna Maria Island and then on 3/1 she is bringing me to Port Canaveral where I will meet up with the lovely @Momof3gurlz, Deb, and her wonderful husband @Dadof3gurlz, Andy, for a 8nt trip on Adventure.  We are hoping @Tree_skier leaves her is good shape for us!   When we return from that I will spend another night in Orlando leaving on 3/10 to FLL via Brightline train to meet my DH, Dave.  On the 11th we board Celebrity Beyond with @Luckynana, Maryann and Jim, as well as Graham and Nikki!.   When we return on 3/22, DH will fly back to MI and I will pick up a rental car and drive to Sarasota and spend a week on Siesta Key with my dearest friend from College.  Home to MI on 4/1 where I hope spring is happening!  So, it is literally "planes, trains, automobiles and ships"!  😆

• Like 25

Sorry that I haven’t been able to respond to anyone’s recent posts. We’ve been enjoying our Punta Cana trip. Very good so far. As expected, it’s a lot like being on a cruise with a private island plus the drink and unlimited specialty dining packages. I’ll post more with pics and videos when we get back…probably Saturday as we arrive home late on Friday.  Here’s a teaser though…the view from our room. 

APC_4134.thumb.jpeg.f07913faf9123c9df53d4602af730dba.jpeg

• Like 25

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

If she is going to fly I would suggest she talk to her doctor about maybe taking some aspirin about an hour before the flight to reduce the chance of clot formation. I would also advise her to walk around for a bit every 30 minutes or so while in flight.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@Tree_skier I guess I wasn’t paying attention to what ship you were sailing.  We’re currently on Celebrity Reflection and we were docked across from you in St. Thomas!  This is a shot from San Juan.

IMG_5820.jpeg

We should have met up on shore for a drink or something. Hope you are having a great cruise. 

• Thanks 1

We are!!  However, Monday we had a glitch with Martha the Marvelous, our cat sitter.  On Sunday when she left our house the cats were lose in the house.  On Monday she opened the door to no cats!  When they hear the garage door open and close they are ALWAYS waiting for you at the door.  She found them in the guest bedroom…somehow they must have been wrestling and managed to close the door…effectively locking them in.  Poor things!  One had an accident and Martha was absolutely beside herself apologizing and I kept saying please, no, this certainly wasn’t your fault!!  More apologies…she’ll buy me a new comforter if the spot doesn’t come out…no, no, definitely not, this is not your fault!!  Meanwhile DH is insisting on looking at every text I’m sending in case I somehow offend MtheM.  As if!!!!  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

Good Morning all!  The countdown is on for my month long trek to Florida.  This time next week I will be on the way to DTW for my flight to Orlando.  Two nights in Orlando with a good friend who lives on Anna Maria Island and then on 3/1 she is bringing me to Port Canaveral where I will meet up with the lovely @Momof3gurlz, Deb, and her wonderful husband @Dadof3gurlz, Andy, for a 8nt trip on Adventure.  We are hoping @Tree_skier leaves her is good shape for us!   When we return from that I will spend another night in Orlando leaving on 3/10 to FLL via Brightline train to meet my DH, Dave.  On the 11th we board Celebrity Beyond with @Luckynana, Maryann and Jim, as well as Graham and Nikki!.   When we return on 3/22, DH will fly back to MI and I will pick up a rental car and drive to Sarasota and spend a week on Siesta Key with my dearest friend from College.  Home to MI on 4/1 where I hope spring is happening!  So, it is literally "planes, trains, automobiles and ships"!  😆

Linda and I are so jealous. We wish we could have joined you. Have a great time which I know you will. Have a Kraken Colada for me!

• Like 5