have you re-booked

suec12

Cancelled our Baltic cruise for this July prior to.final payment. Rebooked the same itinerary for late August 2021 during the same phone call. But... I am using a FCD i had on the books for that deposit. I want the cash deposit for the cancelled cruise back in my coffers. Not a ton of money but who knows if there will be a HAL in 18 months. Have already lost $$$$ on the stock, don't really want to add to the loss. Hopefully there will be a vaccine by then. I really want to see St. Petersburg.

We have not re-booked anything yet.  But we haven't cancelled our August cruise, either.  Waiting to see what will happen.  We have until mid-May to cancel, I imagine we will cancel.  We chose FCC for our cruise this month that HAL cancelled.  We'd like to book a cruise for Fall, but I think it will have to be a last-minute thing, as we just don't know what conditions will be like.

We will not cancel at all, our cruise is due to start the 23rd of August, and until that time, the normal routine should be there.

Further there's experts and doctors byond the mass media who state with trustful results the panic is far exaggerated, and f you wouldn't test, you wouldn't recognize any disease.

Further most victims don't die DUE TO Corona, but with Corona, combined with other illnesses, which were already there before, often those ones caused the death.

However I am really sorry for the died victims... 

9 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

We will not cancel at all, our cruise is due to start the 23rd of August, and until that time, the normal routine should be there.

Further there's experts and doctors byond the mass media who state with trustful results the panic is far exaggerated, and f you wouldn't test, you wouldn't recognize any disease.

Further most victims don't die DUE TO Corona, but with Corona, combined with other illnesses, which were already there before, often those ones caused the death.

However I am really sorry for the died victims... 

For me, the question was not only will the cruise be on or off, but what will we find when we get to the ports. Will major areas be open or closed? Will st. Petersburg 's sites be open to visitors?  Will foreign country tries even let us dock?? How does one plan around all these unknowns. I have no desire to spend $$$$$ on a cruise and transatlantic business class air fare (the only way I can get dh to agree to a European cruise) and be disappointed. I'd rather cancel now, before final payment, and reschedule the trip.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I really wonder about cruise prices for late 2020 and into 2021.  On one hand you would think that prices should drop due to the lines wanting to entice people to book again.  On the other hand, many people have FCC (or cash) to use up so the lines may actually increase prices.

Another option - which HAL seems to be doing right now - go the all inclusive route by increasing prices (which consumers can at least partial pay for with their FCC and other credits) and include drinks, tips, internet, specialty dining, etc,.   Note their new promotion on the website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Even though I am a youngster of 78 years and have COPD among other physical conditiona I do not believe that my cuising days with HAL are over.

Is HAL not part of the group of cruise lines which will require a doctor's certificate of fitness to travel for those over 70?

Or is that all just a rumour?

Ruth

Edited by Been There, Planning That

38 minutes ago, yerdua said:

For me, the question was not only will the cruise be on or off, but what will we find when we get to the ports. Will major areas be open or closed? Will st. Petersburg 's sites be open to visitors?  Will foreign country tries even let us dock?? How does one plan around all these unknowns. I have no desire to spend $$$$$ on a cruise and transatlantic business class air fare (the only way I can get dh to agree to a European cruise) and be disappointed. I'd rather cancel now, before final payment, and reschedule the trip.

Yes, that is a serious consideration for port intense cruises which may require substantial air travel to get to your original port. Makes sense. I'd be hesitant to plan a trip of that magnitude now as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I really wonder about cruise prices for late 2020 and into 2021.  On one hand you would think that prices should drop due to the lines wanting to entice people to book again.  On the other hand, many people have FCC (or cash) to use up so the lines may actually increase prices.

There will also be a price increase due to inflation. You cannot pull over 2 trillion dollars out of thin air without diluting the value of the dollar.

I have FCC due to my recently canceled cruise and have been thinking about rebooking a similar itinerary for late September but really want to wait until June or later just to see what is happening at that time.  Things are changing daily and no one really knows what is going to happen one month or two months from now, let alone 5 months from now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Been There, Planning That said:

Is HAL not part of the group of cruise lines which will require a doctor's certificate of fitness to travel for those over 70?

Or is that all just a rumour?

Ruth

I hadn't heard that any cruise line has made that rule. There has been speculation but nothing else as far as I know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I hadn't heard that any cruise line has made that rule. There has been speculation but nothing else as far as I know.

Cruising-along thank you.

All our plans are contingent upon whether or not that rule is implemented.  If not we've decided to no longer enjoy longer cruises, especially longer winter escapes.

We've already cancelled two booked cruises (14 and 21 days)  before final payment and have no FCCs owing.

Ruth

Edited by Been There, Planning That
  • Like 1

We're waiting for HAL to cancel our mid May Med cruise.

Not sure whether we'll take the increased FCC or the money back to credit card.  We've noticed a cruise for May 2021 that we'd like, but the price is a big increase over the one that will be cancelled.

My crystal ball doesn't seem to be working.

I have 4 clients who had their early May 2020 Greek Odyssey cruise cancelled by HAL. They rebooked the same cruise immediately for May 2021. With the 125% FCC, and just a little more of their own money, they were able to go from Ocean View cabins to Balcony cabins, and with the current "Have It All" promotion, get beverage packages, dining packages and pre-paid gratuities. They are happy and focused on their new trip. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

I have 4 clients who had their early May 2020 Greek Odyssey cruise cancelled by HAL. They rebooked the same cruise immediately for May 2021. With the 125% FCC, and just a little more of their own money, they were able to go from Ocean View cabins to Balcony cabins, and with the current "Have It All" promotion, get beverage packages, dining packages and pre-paid gratuities. They are happy and focused on their new trip. 

This is exactly what I thought HAL was doing with the new "Have it All" promotion.  Getting people to rebook and upsell themselves in the process.  Seems like a smart move to me.  Plus, once you move up, its hard to move back down on your next cruise.

I am hesitant to re-book our Alaska cruise for next year until the money from our cancelled cruise hits my credit card.  We cancelled 3 weeks ago and still no sign of it.  I'm reading that it may take 60-90 days.  I had organized a group and had 18 cabins booked for this year.  Most of them want to re-book so I had my TA set up a group but am advising everyone to wait.  Hopefully we can pull this off.

We have a NZ/Aus cruise booked for Christmas and still hope we can go.  I'm hoping that somehow we can rebook using our FCC once it shows up, but if not we'll probably just book something again for spring break 2021if it doesn't conflict with my kids' extracurricular schedule (this year was the first year they all had same break and no tournaments in several years). 

I have a HAL cruise on the books for mid-August; a TA with stops in Iceland and Greenland. This cruise is already a "move over" from my canceled April HAL Westerdam cruise around Japan. At the time I thought it was the re-booking should be a long enough time to be safe, but who knows?  I will hold off making a decision until final payment is due -- I really want to do the cruise since we are approaching the last season for cruise ship stops in Greenland. 

I also have a BTB Med cruise on Celebrity in October and another HAL cruise to South America/Antarctica in January 2021. 

I consider myself neither optimistic nor pessimistic -- I will just keep an eye on things and adjust my plans as needed. (I personally am not among those who feel cruising is "doomed".)

We have an August Alaska cruise booked now.  I checked the price to move it to 2021, and it looks like it would be $200 more for the same room with the same perks that we have.  If we are offered 125% FCC and the prices don't increase, I think we will do that. 

The only problem is, my husband booked through AARP/Expedia ( I know - rookie mistake, but he wanted to surprise me and how can you be mad about that?), so that could throw a monkey wrench into the works.  Expedia is overwhelmed and their customer service is not great at the best of times.  It would be nice if we could work directly with HAL.  

So now, we are in the wait and sea mode.  Since we do not have to fly, if the ship goes, we go.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:37 AM, DaveOKC said:

I really wonder about cruise prices for late 2020 and into 2021.  On one hand you would think that prices should drop due to the lines wanting to entice people to book again. 

Right now they're offering booking incentives (like the current promotion), rather than discounted fares. 

Edited by Boatdrill