I wish Royal would decide if we can sail July

No worries, you in the same boat as everyone else. You want Fwd, Mid ship or Aft?

Your best bet, is to lift it and shift it! No fees for changing ship and sale date as long as it is within 4 weeks of your sail date 2021 with like itinerary

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

You're not sailing in July. The sooner you realize that the better you will feel.

Do not make a final payment. It will take you forever to get that money back.

The previous poster gave you some good advice. Follow it.

Besides with all this uncertainty regarding what the sailing health adjustments onboard will be why would you want to take that chance? Do you enjoy getting a sun tan wth a mask on?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 2:54 PM, Jimbo said:

No worries, you in the same boat as everyone else. You want Fwd, Mid ship or Aft?

Your best bet, is to lift it and shift it! No fees for changing ship and sale date as long as it is within 4 weeks of your sail date 2021 with like itinerary

Sadly that doesn't work for every cruise. Would be nice if it did. We have July 6 British Isles and Sept 4 Transpacific. Nothing to lift and shift them to so we'll wait for July 6 to cancel and not pay final payment on Sept 4 cruise. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

The CDC has already decided. You're not sailing.

RCI's opinion isn't important any longer. (Except to when customers can apply for refunds, but that's a different topic )

For people who hope to cruise any time in 2020 - the CDC (and its enforcement agent, the USCG) is where to look for guidance on what will sail and when. Fain and his people get to make decisions only AFTER that

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut

13 hours ago, Erik101 said:

Sorry but you’re not going to sail. The CDC has a no sail order lasting until July 24.  I definitely would not book a flight if I were in your shoes. 

Thank you for sharing this.

I would like to follow this site, do you have a link for CDC and cruising, or is it just CDC?

Thank you again.

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you for sharing this.

I would like to follow this site, do you have a link for CDC and cruising, or is it just CDC?

Thank you again.

Here is a direct link to the current cruise ship info.

CDC Cruise Ship Info

You can navigate around the site for other topics from there.

13 hours ago, Heymarco said:

You don’t have to wait on Royal, the US government made the decision for you. Even if not leaving from US, CDC has far reaching influences. Cheers!

That is incorrect information because the CDC has no jurisdiction on overseas sailings (even though overseas cruises will probably be cancelled anyway - but NOT due to the CDC). Example: The CDC cannot order a cruise ship not to sail from Amsterdam.

Edited by johnjen
  • Like 3

And don't forget the US Ports are located in US States, and the states may not want cruise ships coming and going in and out of their State.
Here in  the North East, I can't see the Governors allowing thousands of people in one place coming and going through their port.

CDC may say its ok, but that is not the final word.
I can see things happening in Florida with their Governor.

Edited by B-52

The no sail order can be lifted before the 100 days. Perhaps Royal hasnt cancelled yet because they are working with the CDC to get back to sailing as soon as they can. If they can work out an acceptable plan and put it into action in June then they could sail in July.

Bottom line is no one can say for certain what is going to happen or when we will definitely sail again. Anyone giving any sort of definitive answer at this point is just guessing. 

• Like 4

I am hoping the fact they have not cancelled it is because there is something that will be announced that means it will go ahead.... but i think that is wishful thiniking on my part

We are due to cruise 11th July and had to pay our final balance last week which we did but my husband does not think we will be cruising in July 2020.

But i want to remain optimistic but  the 14 quarantine after getting in to Uk needs to not go ahead for me to be able to go cruising if i am going to be able to go

But i do think we will hear something by end next week

On 5/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, Erik101 said:

Sorry but you’re not going to sail. The CDC has a no sail order lasting until July 24.  I definitely would not book a flight if I were in your shoes. 

my cruise starts 26 July.  so I understand where the OP is coming from.  

25 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Many people are talking about the CDC, but I wouldn't think that they have any control over cruises from other countries.  I didn't see where the OP indicated what country they are sailing from.

True.  I assumed the OP was in the USA...but maybe not.