The Daily for Friday Jan 22, 2021

richwmn

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just curious, Roy.  What was the date of that Transatlantic?  

It seems a bit presumptuous to cancel a fall Transatlantic already to me.

Ours is 9.5 months away and a lot can happen in that time.  If it’s not safe, we’ll have wait until May, 2022.

It was October 31.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Oh good grief. 🙄 Autocorrect certainly got the better of me today! And by the time I spotted it, the edit time was gone. I have no idea how bloodies taste, and don’t want to. Blondies , people, BLONDIES! 😂

Next thing we know, Rich will find “International Bloodies Day”!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I am doing one happy dance right now as at least, I have one piece of good news.  I will catch up here after.

I want to thank everyone for the kind thoughts for Marley.

I just heard from the vet and Marley’s tumour was benign.  Moreover the test showed they got all of it (tough to do on the nose) and it shouldn’t come back.  

I know he’s just a fur baby but we love him ❤️. 6 more days of watching and then the sutures come out.

Marley says thank you for all of your kindness and I join him in gratefulness for your caring.

003E1324-14C9-4649-A675-7990A89B7A2E.thumb.jpeg.4ccba363ddbf6bb1aa3279c3c49f3654.jpeg

Good News! He is a cutie.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I am doing one happy dance right now as at least, I have one piece of good news.  I will catch up here after.

I just heard from the vet and Marley’s tumour was benign.  Moreover the test showed they got all of it (tough to do on the nose) and it shouldn’t come back.  

I know he’s just a fur baby but we love him ❤️. 6 more days of watching and then the sutures come out.

Marley says thank you for all of your kindness and I join him in gratefulness for your caring.

003E1324-14C9-4649-A675-7990A89B7A2E.thumb.jpeg.4ccba363ddbf6bb1aa3279c3c49f3654.jpeg

Ohhhh, Jacqui - how wonderful for Marley & his entire family! Another reason to celebrate!

• Like 5

@kazu What great news for Marley and the rest of his family.  He’s a good looking fella.

One of my chores to keep busy is finished.  All the closets, cabinets and drawers are clean and neat — for now!  😜  Now, I’ll need to find something else to fill up some time.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu What great news for Marley and the rest of his family.  He’s a good looking fella.

One of my chores to keep busy is finished.  All the closets, cabinets and drawers are clean and neat — for now!  😜  Now, I’ll need to find something else to fill up some time.

Lenda

I’m going to take this as inspiration. I’m stalled out on the garage.😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It is exactly one year ago today that @Copper10-8 picked me up at the door of Hotel Queen Mary in Long Beach and delivered me at the Crystal Serenity in San Pedro.  That began a mostly successful 40 day voyage despite some missed ports due to a medical diversion and another port denied due to fears of Covid.  Unfortunately, the succeeding voyage on Queen Mary 2 ended abruptly and very badly.

Roy

• Like 8

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Wonderful news! 😍

• Like 5

Good evening, and thanks for the Daily.

@kazu, glad to hear the great news on Marley.

Our area has moved to Phase 2, but due to the county only receiving 2000 doses for the current shipment, the first announcement said only age 90+, then it was age 83+, and now all appointments are booked. Hopefully by the time (if?) they get to us there will be more options than just the arena available for injections.

Four years ago we enjoyed sunrise over St. Lucia.

423310417_StLucia.thumb.JPG.1a19b3a74e4d4094eb42967abcf7a7a4.JPG

Stay safe and healthy, there are better days ahead. Have a great evening!

Lori & George

• Like 11

Roy's Transatlantic( @rafinmd) was cancelled because Carnival cruise line has cancelled the entire European season for Carnival Legend, which was due to start in May.  I believe they only had one ship for Europe this year.

Seems a little ominous for the other Carnival Corp lines and the European season.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-notifies-guests-cruise-cancellations-0

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

With no cruises on our horizon before March 2022, we bit the bullet and booked a land tour yesterday. We have a 16 day South Africa, Botswana, Victoria Falls Safari, with airfare, booked for this November. We also took their Cancel for No Reason insurance, given the times. All told, with return airfare, optional extra excursions  and insurance, it comes to substantially less than HAL’s 4 day overland of the same thing we were going to book on the Grand Africa. Now I don’t have to choose between the safari or staying with the ship when she rounds the Cape of Good Hope.

A6947215-C698-4A1C-B92E-E08723CD2CAB.jpeg

Will you have to quarantine for a fortnight when you return to Canada?

• Like 3

Good evening everyone!

Late to reading tonight, I was at work during the day and wasn't able to get on this site. 

@kazu, such good news about Marley - glad to hear!

I have a sunrise photo from 4 years ago today, as we approached Curacao.  I also have an evening photo of the Queen Emma swinging bridge.  Hope you enjoy!

Laura

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

• Like 15

Good evening everyone!  Thank you for the daily Rich!

I'm late today, time got away from me.  I finally went to Safeway, it was $5 Friday specials so it was crowded, which I do not like but I kept my distance while most people didn't.  And don't even get me started on people wearing masks wrong.

Hot sauce is celebrated here almost daily in some form or other, plus peppers.  I keep about 3 different brands on hand because each family member has their own favorite.  DH can't eat eggs of any kind without Louisiana hot sauce.  I prefer whole roasted chili peppers like @cat shepard and @ger_77.  Chicken soup sounds really good, especially if it's creamy, but not tonight.  Not sure we are having, hoping inspiration strikes.  Have to admit I've never had a blondie.  I'm not much of a dessert eater, I grew up not being allowed too many sweets.

@kazu I'm sorry to hear about your BIL's mother and praying for her recovery.  Good news about Marley, he has such a sweet face!

@VintageGeo and @kplady Thank you for the St. Lucia and Curacao pictures.  They are ports on our Holiday cruise. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Probably? But given we get home in December, who knows what the rules will be then. The fortnight quarantine would mean we miss Christmas with the family for a second time.

Thank you for your reply.

• Like 1