"Exciting news coming very soon"

Chris_2448

Does anyone really want to risk being stuck on a ship for 17 days like last year? I'd rather wait until 2023 or 2024 reluctantly. 

I remember how FDR said "Once our customers are on board they spend money like there is no tomorrow". That was really BAD KARMA. 

Maybe the good news is they are only raising the DSC $.50 to $16.45 ? 

I want to cruise...I want it to be "normal" but I'm willing to take what I can get!  I work in hospitality, and we have been able to re-open safely. and I think cruise ships can too (once vaccines are more prevalent).  I wouldn't mind if they required vaccinations...I'm getting mine in April, so I should be good!  I have a cruise booked in December and even if I have to wear a face mask and even if I can only take a cruise excursion and even if, even if, even if...I want to go!  Count me in!

That is all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Now I may have dropped the ball. 

Hope this is true that NCL will be one of them .....  😍🤩😎

Cruise lines could 'homeport' in Bermuda - Minister - The Royal Gazette | Bermuda News, Business, Sports, Events, & Community |

From a logistics perspective I think it's more likely that a much smaller Oceania ship homeports in Bermuda than an NCL ship.

Since NCL ships are flagged in the Bahamas they could do Bahamas-only itineraries without violating cabotage laws so that's where I'd wager NCL will cruise from.

1 hour ago, moto_italia said:

Jobs are very important to this administration.  Just look at the specific actions that they have initiated to positively impact job growth.  Like ...  uh ... well ... there was ... uh ... you know, the thing

Like shutting down that pipeline? LOL

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade by my guess is the excited news will be about their new ship.

I hope what ever the news is it comes quicker than the Promo that will end in 3 days that has been ending for 5 months!!! LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shayhooper said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade by my guess is the excited news will be about their new ship.

I'd take that news, too! IIRC, bookings on the new Leonardo-class ship are supposed to open on April 21, right?

However, the text on their website is specific about this news involving the return to service.

Could well be something in the Caribbean.

That "Exciting News is Coming Soon" form only appears on the US and Canadian websites, not the websites for other parts of the world.  So possibly something local to North America (or they just forgot to roll it out across all the sites).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shayhooper said:

Any Leonardo news surely won't be about "sooner than you thought" returning to cruising news as posted here as her launch is in spring/summer 2022. Sorry. :classic_mellow:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, HowardK said:

Does anyone really want to risk being stuck on a ship for 17 days like last year? I'd rather wait until 2023 or 2024 reluctantly. 

I remember how FDR said "Once our customers are on board they spend money like there is no tomorrow". That was really BAD KARMA. 

I was "stuck" on a ship for 13 days during hurricane harvey, it wasnt as bad as it seemed, actually i quite enjoyed the extended cruise. 

• Like 6

On 3/22/2021 at 7:31 PM, DaCruiseBug said:

Like shutting down that pipeline? LOL

Idiocy, achieves little. The oil will just keep coming but in Warren Buffet's tank railcars as it has been so far.

As for the CDC boss, she implied it wasn't her decision but a group decision involving other agencies. May be true but CDC will obviously have major influence.......

Senator Murkowski Questions CDC Director Dr. Walensky on Cruise Ship Guidance Timing

Edited by pspercy

1 hour ago, pspercy said:

As for the CDC boss, she implied it wasn't her decision but a group decision involving other agencies. May be true but CDC will obviously have major influence.......

Senator Murkowski Questions CDC Director Dr. Walensky on Cruise Ship Guidance Timing

She is confused.  It's a CDC order, therefore 100% CDC jurisdiction.  CDC can ask for input--although I don't know why they would--from Dept. of Transportation or anybody else.  This is a order based on a controlling a virus, not safe navigation or ship fire safety etc.. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I was "stuck" on a ship for 13 days during hurricane harvey, it wasnt as bad as it seemed, actually i quite enjoyed the extended cruise. 

I would welcome that too.  But it all depends on work.  Its like being home when a blizzard strikes.  If you dont have to go to work you say "let it snow."  If I was retired, it would be my dream to be on a cruise to nowhere ☺️

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Not until January 2022 to March 2022, unless that changes.

I doubt anything will change by then. I mean these days things look so unreal, in any case I hope for some good news in a near future 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, HowardK said:

Things have changed as far as response to Covid. No one is going to get “stuck” on a ship anymore. Last year was totally different 

• Like 1