How many cruises . . .

simplelife

. . . have you had booked at one time? I just set my personal record of 3. I have a short Western Caribbean Cruise scheduled for March 2022, DH's dream Alaskan cruise in July 2022 (rescheduled from July of this year due to Covid), and as of today, a Southern Caribbean cruise in September of 2023 to celebrate my retirement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simplelife said:

. . . have you had booked at one time? I just set my personal record of 3. I have a short Western Caribbean Cruise scheduled for March 2022, DH's dream Alaskan cruise in July 2022 (rescheduled from July of this year due to Covid), and as of today, a Southern Caribbean cruise in September of 2023 to celebrate my retirement.

Are you asking about booking multiple cruises in a short time span? 
Due to Covid modifications/cancellations on our preferred line during 2020, we have moved everything already booked to 2022 and did so within the space of two weeks of discussions with both our preferred cruise line and our TA.

That would be five newly booked cruise segments totalling more than 100 nights just in 2022. We’ve also started adding 2023 segments with a 30 day first quarter cruise. We expect to do a total of 4-5 segments in 2023 - again totalling more than 100 nights.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

I can't remember over the years........ I probably had 3 or 4 always booked. 

Actually, right now I have 4 booked and the first one is next month around The Greek Isles😃

I have another one booked for October,  one in December and one for March 2022.  

I do know that some folks have many more than I do........I think I remember seeing someone had 13 booked.  That is just not for me........all that deposit money.  4 is enough for me🙂

I am not sure why the OP asks the question.  But there are many folks who are frequent cruisers who have many cruises booked at one time.  DW recently pointed out (to me) that we have 5 cruises booked (totally well over 100 days) and now are looking at booking a 6th cruise (40 more days).  But that pales by comparison to some other cruisers.  Consider one friend who has only 3 cruises booked, but each is a full World Cruise over 100 days (per cruise).   Folks that impress themselves with numbers of cruises booked/taken etc. really need to get over it :).  DW and I like to tell the story of a when we took our first longer cruise which was a 62 day Grand Med voyage on HAL.  One day we joined a lovely lady (at least 80 yrs old) for lunch.  During lunch she told us some of her life story and mentioned that our cruise (at the time) was only her 5th cruise.  She later told us that her first 4 voyages were all World Cruises (on HAL) each of which was over 100 days.  In her mind, what we considered a long cruise, was quite short.

Hank

I don't think we have ever had more than two cruises booked at any one time.    We currently have one booked for summer 2022.  

I can see how with all the COVID cancellations and FCC's folks could have more multiple bookings than normal.   

Edit:  PS: congrats on the upcoming retirement.   

Edited by ldubs

Over the years sometimes we had 3 cruises booked over 1.5 year time frame.  Now with Covid, we have only 1 booked.  We like to book on board, so will do that when we  go in 2022.

Last evening I found myself thinking about this thread and the fact that many a few friends (and ourselves) have more cruises booked now then is our norm.  Then it occurred to me that until 15 months ago, we knew that when we booked a cruise we would go on that cruise (we have only cancelled one cruise in over forty years).   But these days we have this new mental challenge where we can book things and then tell ourselves there is only a 50-50 chance that we may never take that trip.  We have become so darn pessimistic about trips actually happening (we have had 5 cancelled cruises because of COVID) that maybe there is some kind of psychology satisfaction in having more bookings?

Hank 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simplelife said:

None recently,but in the pre Covid past 3 .

• 3 weeks later...

I have three on the books right now (I've only had one at a time before): 

Sept 2021: Western Caribbean (my 40th birthday cruise)
Dec 2022: Baja Mexico Xmas cruise with the family  
Jan 2024: ABC cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary 

Looks like I'm missing a year in there, maybe I ought to look at 2023 🙂

Edited by EMOSEA

normally 2 or 3, right now 26 from oct21 to oct22   i get on Barcelona oct 17 21   get off 210 days later barcelona May 15 22 nonstop except 1 night feb 13.  i have always wanted to spend a winter on the ship and this year it happens.  i figured now was the time considering what we all have seen the last 18 months.

I usually book one cruise at a time.  I come home and start shopping for the next.  But, I have had as many as 3 cruises booked at one time.  But, these were to be taken within a definite time period while I vacationed in Florida.  For cruises taken not in close succession, 2 cruises has been my maximum.  

7 hours ago, ericfromri said:

normally 2 or 3, right now 26 from oct21 to oct22   i get on Barcelona oct 17 21   get off 210 days later barcelona May 15 22 nonstop except 1 night feb 13.  i have always wanted to spend a winter on the ship and this year it happens.  i figured now was the time considering what we all have seen the last 18 months.

26!!  you have set the bar pretty high for the rest of us, Haha.   

I think it is terrific you are making your dream come true.  

• Like 1