The Daily for Thursday Jun 17, 2021

richwmn

Thanks for the opportunity to post on your friendly Daily Rich.

Thanks also for the care list Roy which is a fantastic thing to do.

We love Venice and sailed out of Venice 3 times on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas.

We stayed overnight in the Hilton Molina Stucky which is reached by water taxi and it is just across the Giudecca canal from St Marks Square.

It is 70°F and sunny today.

Today we are visiting Harrogate North Yorkshire England and we have just had lunch.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Graham.

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

IMG_20210617_124644.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

tend not to cruise much between mid-June and mid-July.  My photos for this period will likely not be from the same day but will usually be at least from the same month.  Today's is from June 17, taken before disembarking MS Prinsendam in Ijmuiden, Netherlands.

dawn0617.jpg

Roy

• Like 33

Just received an E-mail from the owner of tour company we have used in the Netherlands several times.

He stated the 27 countries of EU will open this weekend to all vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors from the US this weekend. That’s all the info he had at this time and will get back to us as he learns more.

That is great news and a huge hurdle for maybe going on our fall overseas cruise.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I always eat my veggies, unless it’s spinach or cooked turnips.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion.  The rare times I eat fish it better be cooked.  I’m looking forward to the day when we can hug each other without trepidation.  In the meantime virtual hugs will have to do.

image.thumb.png.066b53695b47fcf00a91623edef2c35b.png

• Like 30

Good Morning. We love vergetables. For sure, at a distance we respect crocks. They are a magnificent example of adaptation- they've been around for millions of years.

Yesterday was a day of heavy rain here - looks like we will dry out a bit today.

• Like 17

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Yesterday was Fresh Veggies day, and today we get to eat them - neat!  Bless the nursing assistants; more unsung heroes.  I don't even like to see crocs on television - it's that reptile phobia thing again.  *shudder*

I almost always wear my moccasins in the house (yes, real leather with beading), as I don't like going barefoot.  I know they pick up odours from daily wearing, but our lovely Sochi seems to think it's wonderful, as she is often seen with her nose inside one having a nap when I've taken them off while watching TV in the evening.  Whenever we go away on a cruise, I always leave them out for her.

We've sailed out of Venice twice, in 2006 and in 2017.  In 2017 we arrived a few days early and stayed in Mestre - a lovely little city just outside the hustle and bustle of Venice.  From there we toured around, saw the sights, took the vaporettos,  and saw the islands of Murano and Burano.  Great memories.   This was from our sail-away in 2006.

Venice.thumb.jpg.fb6c21f088ed585baf31b9f643406ac6.jpg

I'd like to try a poke bowl, but as someone else has said, from a trusted place.  DH does not like raw fish, so I know he wouldn't be ordering one.  For tonight though, the heat has abated a bit, making it much more comfortable, so we'll be firing up the grill again.  I've got ground beef thawing to be made into fresh hamburger patties that will be served with coleslaw and corn on the cob.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses together tonight to say "Cheers" to all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands and wear your masks.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for the opportunity to post on your friendly Daily Rich.

Thanks also for the care list Roy which is a fantastic thing to do.

We love Venice and sailed out of Venice 3 times on Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas.

We stayed overnight in the Hilton Molina Stucky which is reached by water taxi and it is just across the Giudecca canal from St Marks Square.

It is 70°F and sunny today.

Today we are visiting Harrogate North Yorkshire England and we have just had lunch.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Graham.

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

IMG_20210617_124644.jpg

You match!A very attractive  couple 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I love visiting Venice and have been there about 4 times.  I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of that beautiful city.  This is a photo my brother said I should have made into a poster size print.  enhance

Have to pack for our trip but I'll check in later.

I agree with your brother!  Beautiful!

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Just received an E-mail from the owner of tour company we have used in the Netherlands several times.

He stated the 27 countries of EU will open this weekend to all vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors from the US this weekend. That’s all the info he had at this time and will get back to us as he learns more.

That is great news and a huge hurdle for maybe going on our fall overseas cruise.

Omigosh!  Seriously?  Just a week too late for those of us who were booked on the Rotterdam inaugural.  Well, I'm glad that others have received a reprieve.

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 15

Good morning, Everyone!  Vegetables and a maple pecan latte -- perfect meal.  The one makes the other okay, right?   

@rafinmd, it's a surprise you've not been to Venice, as you have traveled so much.  Funny how some places just fall through the gap.  It's certainly a lovely place.

I had my first pickle ball lesson with DD yesterday and it was fun!  My bad eyes could follow the ball, so that was a great relief. Nice to try something new.   Brother and his family are visiting, so it's a zoo day with them today.  🦁  🐵  🐯  🐻

For our fellow Dailyites who are experiencing challenges, you are in my prayers. For those enjoying better days right now, a smile and hug go to you.  

Wishing a peaceful day for all.  

• Like 22

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning. Love vegetables. Nursing Assistants are so important.  And, like Jacqui, I'll celebrate World Croc day from a distance.  The meal sounds good, looking forward to the recipe.

Have not been to Venice but love the first photo and look forward to more.

Prayers and toasts to our two lists.

Stay safe, be cautious, and wear your mask if you feel the need.

Maple Pecan Latte:

For the Maple Pecan Syrup:
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup pecan butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Latte:
1 shot espresso
2 tablespoons maple pecan syrup
1/2 cup steamed milk
Garnish: Whipped cream (store-bought or homemade)
Garnish: Chopped toasted pecans
Make the Latte
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the espresso and 2 tablespoons of the maple pecan syrup in a mug; whisk until well blended.
Pour in steamed milk, then top with whipped cream and toasted pecans.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 7.24.03 AM.png

No Alcohol in this drink.  The Brown sugar and maple syrup is not good for keeping the glucose under control.

• Like 5

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and overcast day at the beach

A huge salute to Nursing assistants. As a former ER nurse, I know firsthand how valuable they were to me.   Love all veggies, although some I prefer raw.

Crocs are rather interesting and adaptive. Living in Florida, we see many alligators, but the Crocs are now migrating further north in our state. Used to be just the Everglades, now they have been sightings in the Banana River! Not by me thankfully!

Have not been to Venice, would love to go someday.

I will be staying put here at home today. There was a very bad car wreck on A1A just north of me. Our neighborhood is closed off and A1A is closed in both directions. even to pedestrians. DH tried to walk up to the Doctors office about a mile from here and they turned him around. Really hope everyone is OK.

Rocket launch this afternoon. Hope the rains hold off.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

@dfish, I'm not a poke fan either.  I love ceviche -- in fact make it myself, so it's not the raw fish.  In Hawaii I think they put seaweed in the poke and the taste is kinda jarring.  DH's favorite thing in Hawaii is to go to a grocery store and get poke from the deli and a papaya to eat alongside for lunch.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 21

😮It's going to be 103° today, yikes! 🙃

👍Thank You for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists.😊

Good memories from Venice listening to "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. ( Ruby Princess) 🎶🎶

Instead of a maple pecan latte, I'll have a Starbucks brown sugar oatmilk espresso.😉

A big thanks to my surgeon's medical assistant who gets back to me.

Poke Bowls and trays from the Costco Maui are THE best. 😎

🙏Prayers to all in need and I appreciate all who contribute to this site.

Katie

20210617_061745.jpg

• Like 32

Time for a break.  I checked for photos from our last time in Venice, Pacific Princess transatlantic, Nov. 24, 2018.  A few different shots.  I notice the best pictures seem to be from the IPhone rather than the camera.  enhance

I stuck my head into this open doorway into a shop.  enhance

enhance

enhance

Another gondola picture but this time the color of the water and the clouds bring some interest to the subject.enhance

The bridge of sighsenhance

Remember it's November so it gets dark earlier that time of year.  Pacific Princess sailing down the canal leaving Venice about dinner time.enhance

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Time for a break.  I checked for photos from our last time in Venice, Pacific Princess transatlantic, Nov. 24, 2018.  A few different shots.  I notice the best pictures seem to be from the IPhone rather than the camera.  enhance

I stuck my head into this open doorway into a shop.  enhance

enhance

enhance

Another gondola picture but this time the color of the water and the clouds bring some interest to the subject.enhance

The bridge of sighsenhance

Remember it's November so it gets dark earlier that time of year.  Pacific Princess sailing down the canal leaving Venice about dinner time.enhance

Great photos.

It brings back fantastic memories to us.

• Like 10