EDGE July 24, 2021 LIVE (B2B)

KKB

44 minutes ago, KKB said:

No. She said it was fine.

I think she was proud of herself for surviving 4 hrs in today’s weather (she was in shade & they were giving out water bottles)

It’s lovely to see your mom looking so refreshed and happy after her ordeal. I hope you two have a wonderful cruise!

3 hours ago, KKB said:

I think she was proud of herself for surviving 4 hrs in today’s weather (she was in shade & they were giving out water bottles)

She looks great.  I hope she enjoyed her well-deserved martini.  I hope you all enjoy this week's cruise.

8 hours ago, KKB said:

$200 OBC for every cabin for today’s debacle.

Mom said it was worth it😂

Too bad 2 excursions, Eden & my premium package are already paid for🙄

love your mom's attitude!!!  she should go to the spa to use the OBC!!!

• Like 2

Did I miss where the following was posted?  If so, apologies,,,,....but

What time did Edge finally leave?

What about the passengers who refused to leave?   Was that true?  Were they really taken off in handcuffs?

On 7/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, KKB said:

Absolutely. We were updated each day cases were discovered. 
Had COVID test this AM (seems some were found then) & I must get another tomorrow as ALL passengers r now being tested.

No major concerns. We may mask more onboard. 
Will post more tomorrow.

Were the tests the “stick the swab into your brain” kind, or the “barely stick swab into your nose” kind?

3 hours ago, mafig said:

Did I miss where the following was posted?  If so, apologies,,,,....but

What time did Edge finally leave?

What about the passengers who refused to leave?   Was that true?  Were they really taken off in handcuffs?

We left about 8.

Don’t know there is truth in passengers refusing to get off. I heard nothing of the sort nor observed it.

Many families waited hours for their children’s COVID test results in addition to us B2Bs. We didn’t get results until after noon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mom & I did a $45 Nassau bus tour.

Sad to see so much of Nassau shuttered.

Then Atlantis is busy. I realize they employ Bahamians but sure would prefer to give locals our tourist $.

They desperately need cruising back!

Already have a trivia team of a gal who cruised for 1st 2 sailings plus a B2B couple; won last night! We had an 18YO join our team (helped, too!) & prize was champagne. Rest of us don’t drink or have beverage plan. He & his 2 buddies were excited!!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, KKB said:

Mom & I did a $45 Nassau bus tour.

Sad to see so much of Nassau shuttered.

Then Atlantis is busy. I realize they employ Bahamians but sure would prefer to give locals our tourist $.

They desperately need cruising back!

Already have a trivia team of a gal who cruised for 1st 2 sailings plus a B2B couple; won last night! We had an 18YO join our team (helped, too!) & prize was champagne. Rest of us don’t drink or have beverage plan. He & his 2 buddies were excited!!😂

They really need to change the trivia questions around…I sailed on the 17th and had an amazing cruise and loved the Edge but the one disappointment I had was that I arranged my day so I could go to 80’s music trivia and I get there and they say they are not doing 80’s because people there were on BTB and knew the answers..I guess there were only 15 songs that came out in the 80’s…I know it’s trivial in the scheme of things but I thought that was pretty lame and the host for the event was not nice about it and the club was filthy …there was no server who had cleaned glasses from the Deal or no Deal that had cleared out…

Also that was the second time I showed up to music trivia and they changed the category…I know not major issue but an easy thing for them to get right.

11 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

They really need to change the trivia questions around…I sailed on the 17th and had an amazing cruise and loved the Edge but the one disappointment I had was that I arranged my day so I could go to 80’s music trivia and I get there and they say they are not doing 80’s because people there were on BTB and knew the answers..I guess there were only 15 songs that came out in the 80’s…I know it’s trivial in the scheme of things but I thought that was pretty lame and the host for the event was not nice about it and the club was filthy …there was no server who had cleaned glasses from the Deal or no Deal that had cleared out…

Also that was the second time I showed up to music trivia and they changed the category…I know not major issue but an easy thing for them to get right.

There were a few repeats—we remembered one from last week & the gal from the 1st 2 cruises remembered a couple. But most not

Felt good today, did 80s music trivia; didn’t see the rest of the team so went ahead alone.

Got 23/30 by myself. Record had been 25; another team managed 26. So felt damn good!

Funny we had opposite issue at Club during silent disco; twice they took our half full drinks while we danced! So perhaps they had been told after tour cruise!

22 hours ago, KKB said:

BBFF2C36-D5F0-43EE-9973-2D463D136D6C.jpeg

Yay!  So glad she’s having fun and made the best of her delay.  You all have fun on this leg!  

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

We were on a ship doing trivia... progressive trivia ..as I recall. DH and I were a team..competing with a number of teams one of which included a group of about 6 or so... The last game for the Key chain prize was a slightly different format. They would give you a clue and if you could get it with the one clue it was 5 points...if you needed two clues... 4 points ... etc. The clue was.. "this actor was born in California in 1953". Well the team of 6 jumped up and had the answer... Mel Gibson... later we find out that they several members were on a back to back... yeh they need to mix it up more....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kearney said:

We were on a ship doing trivia... progressive trivia ..as I recall. DH and I were a team..competing with a number of teams one of which included a group of about 6 or so... The last game for the Key chain prize was a slightly different format. They would give you a clue and if you could get it with the one clue it was 5 points...if you needed two clues... 4 points ... etc. The clue was.. "this actor was born in California in 1953". Well the team of 6 jumped up and had the answer... Mel Gibson... later we find out that they several members were on a back to back... yeh they need to mix it up more....

Yup, thats what happens on B2Bs. Brings back memories of some of our HAL B2B cruises. We appeared like geniuses on our 2nd leg when we were playing trivia. In fact the arctic fox was the answer on this one question in a pictorial trivia for at least 6 months in a row! 😎

• Haha 1