Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

7 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The Millennium is sailing out of Seattle, last I heard it is in the state of Washington. Still 100% sure? How did Florida make that happen?  

Do some research before replying. When the state of Florida filed the lawsuit, they were in mediation with the CDC. During this timeframe 'suddenly' the CDC approved test cruises and all conditions for cruises to resume.

Here you go, from April - see bolded text:

The cruise industry's call to be allowed to sail in U.S. waters again has been answered. The ships bearing thousands of vacationing passengers can resume operations so long as the overwhelming majority of those on board are vaccinated against COVID-19, according to new guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In a letter issued to cruise companies on Wednesday and obtained by CBS News and other outlets, the agency stipulates that cruise ships can run in U.S. waters by mid-summer so long as 95% of customers and 98% of crew are vaccinated against COVID-19.

The new stance gives cruise lines a way out of a prior requirement that first mandated trial voyages before paying customers could board the ships.

The CDC also loosened some of its previous testing and quarantine requirements —a major victory for a multi-billion-dollar industry that had been clamoring to be allowed to set sail again from U.S. ports.

The agency's more accommodating stance follows Alaska last week joining Florida in suing to overturn the CDC mandate prohibiting an immediate resumption in cruise operations. Major cruise lines halted excursions from the U.S. in March of last year, when the CDC issued a "no-sail" edict that continues to bar passenger cruise ships from leaving domestic ports.

The effective halt to operations has major cruise lines bleeding cash to this day, with Royal Caribbean Cruises reporting a net loss of $1.1 billion in the first quarter. On Thursday, Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain referenced the CDC letter in an earnings call, saying the company now foresees sailing from the U.S. again during the Alaska cruise season, roughly May to September.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cruises-us-waters-summer-2021-cdc/ 

Edited by exm
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, exm said:

Do some research before replying. When the state of Florida filed the lawsuit, they were in mediation with the CDC. During this timeframe 'suddenly' the CDC approved test cruises and all conditions for cruises to resume.

Here you go, from April - see bolded text:

The cruise industry's call to be allowed to sail in U.S. waters again has been answered. The ships bearing thousands of vacationing passengers can resume operations so long as the overwhelming majority of those on board are vaccinated against COVID-19, according to new guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In a letter issued to cruise companies on Wednesday and obtained by CBS News and other outlets, the agency stipulates that cruise ships can run in U.S. waters by mid-summer so long as 95% of customers and 98% of crew are vaccinated against COVID-19.

The new stance gives cruise lines a way out of a prior requirement that first mandated trial voyages before paying customers could board the ships.

The CDC also loosened some of its previous testing and quarantine requirements —a major victory for a multi-billion-dollar industry that had been clamoring to be allowed to set sail again from U.S. ports.

The agency's more accommodating stance follows Alaska last week joining Florida in suing to overturn the CDC mandate prohibiting an immediate resumption in cruise operations. Major cruise lines halted excursions from the U.S. in March of last year, when the CDC issued a "no-sail" edict that continues to bar passenger cruise ships from leaving domestic ports.

The effective halt to operations has major cruise lines bleeding cash to this day, with Royal Caribbean Cruises reporting a net loss of $1.1 billion in the first quarter. On Thursday, Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain referenced the CDC letter in an earnings call, saying the company now foresees sailing from the U.S. again during the Alaska cruise season, roughly May to September.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cruises-us-waters-summer-2021-cdc/ 

I’ll still cruise out of Nassau so I don’t have to wear a damn mask though 😁

if the oasis out of New Jersey next year requires masks. I’ll cancel it.

here’s the mystery to me though so many of you hate mask mandates and all these restrictions and there’s a place about 45 minutes by air from Florida where none of that exists and yet now it seems you want mask mandates and restrictions on your cruises and are bashing AOS leaving from Nassau when meanwhile it is doing everything you want US cruise ships to be doing in terms of no masks and back to the way it was.

I don’t get it. I make a post telling people how free it is compared to Florida and Floridians declare World War III on me because I found a cruise that’s exactly how they want their cruise to be.

Edited by Moltar

21 minutes ago, exm said:

I am cruising out of Nassau too next month 

That’s great. Honestly I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hopes high that nothing changes with protocol and you get to enjoy this cruise to the fullest. I’m very tempted to book one out of Nassau again in early September. No way I’m cruising out of Florida with all those restrictions.

Edited by Moltar

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

But, whilst we're cruising, you and your family will most likely be subject to new mask mandates and distancing where you live....on land...daily.  Right, so what's the difference?  That's life with Covid.  Unless of course, you elect not to follow the mandates..."not that there's anything wrong with that" (Seinfeld)

Thankfully, I live in a free state that does not have a mask mandate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I hope RCI Florida RCI cruises switch to 95% vaccinated.  Celebrity is doing this -- in fact I think Celebrity Florida cruises are 100% passenger vaccinated.  I know that the Celebrity Edge has had some cases but this protocol may cut down on infected passengers.  

are you saying the vaccine will cut down on infected passengers, or that the swabbing will?

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

People who arrived for their appointed boardings at 1:00 etc, had to wait in line until 4:30 for testing because of the new protocols, some were carted off in ambulances from heat prostration and Cpt. Kate was on pier helping to hand out water etc.  It was a cluster fudge with some passengers from last week's cruise refusing to vacate the ship, they were carted off in handcuffs, it's all over the Celebrity board.  Tons of people missed their planes home, etc etc.  There's a You tube guy over on you tube NOT A HAPPY camper....just a complete clusterfudge.  She left around 7:00 but its a mess.

I read it but confused why celebrity pax from last cruise refused to get off their cruise. I've never heard of this happening. Still confused after reading it happened ,..why?

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I read it but confused why celebrity pax from last cruise refused to get off their cruise. I've never heard of this happening. Still confused after reading it happened ,..why?

From the YouTube video it sounds like they needed test results to fly home but they were not getting the results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Empehi said:

I think these testing protocols for vacintaed people are a deal breaker ( and an unnecessary cause of frustration) for many.

If RCL wants testing for vaccinated people then they should do the rapid test at the port prior to boarding.

Test could start at 8am ... plenty of time to test all.

This was the deal breaker for us to cancel 8/21 sailing 😞

We are vaxxed and will wear the masks to keep everyone safe. But it is not a worthwhile vacation if I have to risk being evacuated from the ship during the cruise, and immediately flown home. Anyone can test positive on any given day. 

• Like 3

This makes sense given the fact that the US is rising again in cases and Florida is the number one state in new cases for the pandemic. The virus is essentially out of control in Florida.

if you want to avoid restrictions and testing fees cruise out of Nassau.

Edited by Moltar

1 hour ago, Moltar said:

This makes sense given the fact that the US is rising again in cases and Florida is the number one state in new cases for the pandemic. The virus is essentially out of control in Florida.

I did.

There is a post on exactly this on a person who was on the ceiling who did come down with Covid and was evacuated and they had a super in-depth telling of how it went.

God honest truth they must do it in the dead of the night because I barely saw anything except for a few security guards at a door a few hours after the test

3 hours ago, Moltar said:

You still have the testing fees on Adventure

What is the current policy for canceling? I have a final payment due in a week for a November cruise. I dont think I want to be on a cruise and wear masks or have other limitations. I am fully vaccinated but with the delta variant it is raising concerns.

They are non-refundable rates. What are my options as far as getting my money back? Future cruise credits (how long out are they giving you to book)? And will I be penalized in that it is a non-refundable rate?

9 hours ago, nah31 said:

This was the deal breaker for us to cancel 8/21 sailing 😞 We are vaxxed and will wear the masks to keep everyone safe. But it is not a worthwhile vacation if I have to risk being evacuated from the ship during the cruise, and immediately flown home. Anyone can test positive on any given day. 

If you catch the virus and are a danger to everyone else on board, yes, you will be removed from the ship. And with a half dozen fully vaccinated Royal passengers testing positive this week on board, yes, it is a possibility. 

Will you be considered as having Covid if after beeing fully vaccinated for the required time you come in contact with Covid and your body fights it off.   ???

YES. You may get a positive result if there are virus proteins present for a period of time that it takes to kill off the virus that made it into your system.

Does this mean you HAVE Covid ?

Does this mean you will get sick ?

Does this mean you will feel ill at all ?

Does this mean you will infect others ?

If this is true for the Covid vaccination would it not then be true dealing with any illnesses we and our chidden are regularly vaccinated against ?

Would a child be considered to have measles if he happened to be sneezed on by another child who has active measles ?

22 minutes ago, artvlay said:

What is the current policy for canceling? I have a final payment due in a week for a November cruise. I dont think I want to be on a cruise and wear masks or have other limitations. I am fully vaccinated but with the delta variant it is raising concerns.

They are non-refundable rates. What are my options as far as getting my money back? Future cruise credits (how long out are they giving you to book)? And will I be penalized in that it is a non-refundable rate?

I'm exactly in the same boat as you.  We are sailing on Oasis, November, 28th and I certainly am not happy about making final payment at this time. I booked back in October, 2019, so long before Covid.  If I had booked after the pandemic started, then I would feel like I was responsible for the gamble I was taking, but that's not the case.

In June it looked like we would be good to go in November but honestly, now that looks questionable.  If I lived in Florida like a lot of folks here, I would be much more willing to just roll the dice and see what happens, but I still have air and hotels to book.

I have a week to think about this and decide what to do.  Not an easy decision to make right now.

Could have sworn I read on Royal’s website that all cruises out of US thru Dec vaccinated has to present a negative covid test prior to boarding. Now I can’t find it. Sailing out of Seattle in Sept.  Assuming I didn’t really see it what I thought I saw....or policy has changed... both are possibilities. 😏

17 minutes ago, mek said:

I'm exactly in the same boat as you.  We are sailing on Oasis, November, 28th and I certainly am not happy about making final payment at this time. I booked back in October, 2019, so long before Covid.  If I had booked after the pandemic started, then I would feel like I was responsible for the gamble I was taking, but that's not the case.

In June it looked like we would be good to go in November but honestly, now that looks questionable.  If I lived in Florida like a lot of folks here, I would be much more willing to just roll the dice and see what happens, but I still have air and hotels to book.

I have a week to think about this and decide what to do.  Not an easy decision to make right now.

The other thing is - not sure I want to risk everything if there is a chance we will be tested during the cruise and have to be quarantined and sent home.

We are fully vaccinated, so I'm not overly concerned about Covid or any variants, but it does appear some vaccinated people are testing positive and I don't want a vacation interrupted by that possibility.  

Again, this isn't something I signed up for in October, 2019.  Guess I can just say that's what I get for booking a NRD, but I did purchase insurance that covered our pre-existing conditions, so I really thought I had all the bases covered.

I think I will call Royal tomorrow.  There can't be that many people left who booked cruises pre-covid and honestly I think anyone who falls into that category should be given a few extra options.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, discru said:

Could have sworn I read on Royal’s website that all cruises out of US thru Dec vaccinated has to present a negative covid test prior to boarding. Now I can’t find it. Sailing out of Seattle in Sept.  Assuming I didn’t really see it what I thought I saw....or policy has changed... both are possibilities. 😏

I saw it too. Testing for ALL passengers within 3 days of departure from a lab....not self test. The cost of all tests will be born by the passenger. That will add about $500 to our cruise. Not sure we want to go anymore. We have reservations on the Allure for Oct. 31st.

3 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I saw it too. Testing for ALL passengers within 3 days of departure from a lab....not self test. The cost of all tests will be born by the passenger. That will add about $500 to our cruise. Not sure we want to go anymore. We have reservations on the Allure for Oct. 31st.

I thought GA still had places where the testing was free.  FL too.  Is this no longer true for you guys?

For those of you sailing later than September, it is very likely a booster will be recommended.  If so, the CDC protocols will change again.  And so will the cruise lines. 

Also remember that by last fall, the incidents of the Original were beginning to decline.  There may be a higher seasonality in the D Variants as well.   That of course remains to be seen.

Edited by crewsweeper

In the fall of 2019 we booked Oasis of the Seas scheduled for November 2020  and then lifted it to 2021. Yep a NRD too. 

So....On a caribbean cruise from a Florida port, I see now that regardless of vaccination status everyone must present a negative covid test to board. We don't really mind that new requirement even though it will cost us money. BUT, In addition to this, even  if fully vaccinated, Is everyone on board tested prior to return to to Florida? If so what happens if you test positive prior to disembarkation ? Could we be quarantined? Or forced to take some crazy expensive form of transport back to our home on the West coast of Florida when our car will be parked at the Miami port?

Edited by erber
  • Like 1