Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

Yes there are free tests in GA, but we will be in FL many days before the cruise. From what I have read, FL testing sites are slammed. 

You can always make an appt online with a pharmacy like CVS.  That’s what our friends have done twice now.  That way you are assured of being tested….

Best of luck!!

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Delta numbers plummeted in India also and it seems to be a mystery to the experts as to why that has happened. Hubby read about this in the NY Times online article and  had me read it too. VERY interesting chain of events going on with no known reason why.

Historically speaking (but not exclusively) viral variants seem to weaken in sustainability the fort her down the chain they get from the original pathogen. 

• Like 1

I guess the other question is even if Royal Caribbean isn’t requiring vaccinated guests to have covid tests during the cruise, are some of the Caribbean ports going to require us to have had Covid testing us to get off the ship within a time frame that would require a test to be done on the ship. I’m starting to look into that now for the ports for my November cruise.

Just now, erber said:

I guess the other question is even if Royal Caribbean isn’t requiring vaccinated guests to have covid tests during the cruise, are some of the Caribbean ports going to require us to have had Covid testing us to get off the ship within a time frame that would require a test to be done on the ship. I’m starting to look into that now for the ports for my November cruise.

We don’t intend to get off the ship in any ports until all the restrictions are gone. 

• Like 2

After researching other vacations options we have decided to make final payment and get the testing as required.  I’m really hoping it will be free but that remains to be seen.  I’m also hoping the Delta variant declines by November.  We have decided for the value we can afford to let the money ride, get FCC if we need to cancel later or test positive.  Staying at resorts in Florida or Texas don’t have the value and we have booked a suite so we’ll have plenty of room to spend more time in our cabin if we want.  At least this way our food and entertainment is included and we get out on the ocean.  We do not plan on getting off the ship in our ports.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Does that qualify for someone to get a refund if sailing from Florida and they don't want to have to get themselves tested prior to sailing if there cruise is before the end of 2021??

If the policy continues as it has from July and August then I think, yes.  I believe all you have to do is say that you are not comfortable with the protocols that they have implemented and you would be able to get a full cash refunds, including any FCC's that you used to pay for the cruise.  It's on a month-to-month basis so I suppose the policy could change.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We don’t intend to get off the ship in any ports until all the restrictions are gone. 

Yep.  I'm being ultra conservative in planning with respect to what protocols will be.  I am still planning on testing even if it's not required and planning on masks being required even if current protocols say they aren't.  If anything it will be a pleasant surprise if it is more lax when I sail.  Of course I am driving to the port and live in Florida, so I have the luxury to be this flexible.  I feel for those who are faced with juggling testing and flight schedules.

Edited by AshleyDillo

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yep.  I'm being ultra conservative in planning with respect to what protocols will be.  I am still planning on testing even if it's not required and planning on masks being required even if current protocols say they aren't.  If anything it will be a pleasant surprise if it is more lax when I sail.  Of course I am driving to the port and live in Florida, so I have the luxury to be this flexible.  I feel for those who are faced with juggling testing and flight schedules.

Yes - trying to make testing and flights coordinate is a problem.  If I lived in Florida, or even close enough to drive it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Right now the website says PCR or antigen.  I can’t see any free testing for travel in our state.  Antigen is cheaper with faster results.  Wouldn’t this be the way to go?  

Might check with the large drugstore chains. In CA CVS and Walgreens offer free testing, youani provide your medical provider and they charge them. The antigen test is the Rapid Response test and should be available within a few hours according to the CVS person I talked to here. We are sailing on the 15th and have made a reservation for the test on the afternoon of the 12th.  

55 minutes ago, gfountain1 said:

Is that everyone else’s experience that’s cancelled before? 

Do a search on refunds - a few threads already discuss this - the refund time varies quite a bit. The 45 days is just what RCI quotes.

Well guess what?  I've been following the Celebrity boards and the Equinox passengers just posted this:

I’m at the port. They just informed me that since I am vaccinated I do not need to be tested. Yeah!!! 

I got the email 11:00 pm so I signed up for the test at 9:00 am. We drove to the port and nobody knew anything.  While I was on the phone with Celebrity we got a text saying the vaccinated does not need to be tested for TODAY'S cruise. Now the have let us into the terminal and as soon as the desks open we will be allowed up to board. It is better than expected. 

Looks like yesterday's fiasco made a dent in Celebrity's plans, hope that translates positively for ours.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 4:17 PM, Coralc said:

They changed it again. Now it just says August 2021 on the main page. Yesterday the paragraph said:

For Cruises Departing from Florida

For guests on cruises departing from Florida homeports from August 1 through December 31, 2021, the following requirements apply. 

So hopefully (maybe) it will be a month by month requirement. :classic_biggrin:

Although...under the testing FAQ's it does still list the dates as Aug 1- Dec. 31. So many pages. It gets confusing. Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#florida

I'm still confused -- is it August 1 - August 31, 2021 or August 1 - December 31, 2021?  Can we get confirmation on which period is correct?  In addition to our August cruise, we have cruises in October and December 2021? 

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Right now the website says PCR or antigen.  I can’t see any free testing for travel in our state.  Antigen is cheaper with faster results.  Wouldn’t this be the way to go?  

We will take the Antigen test.

31 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm still confused -- is it August 1 - August 31, 2021 or August 1 - December 31, 2021?  Can we get confirmation on which period is correct?  In addition to our August cruise, we have cruises in October and December 2021? 

I don't know what will happen after August 31. If it is still in effect after that, then I guess testing will need to be arranged for your October & November cruises and our December cruise. :classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't know what will happen after August 31. If it is still in effect after that, then I guess testing will need to be arranged for your October & November cruises and our December cruise. :classic_smile:

Thanks -- this back and forth is confusing.  But at least we'll have time to plan.  The people sailing this weekend and next had a lot of chaos.  

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 5:16 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

it varies based on where you live.    In my town, none of the pharmacy offer free testing for travel,  but is free if you feel you were exposed or have symptoms.     

So can you just say you have a cough? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Well guess what?  I've been following the Celebrity boards and the Equinox passengers just posted this:

I’m at the port. They just informed me that since I am vaccinated I do not need to be tested. Yeah!!! 

I got the email 11:00 pm so I signed up for the test at 9:00 am. We drove to the port and nobody knew anything.  While I was on the phone with Celebrity we got a text saying the vaccinated does not need to be tested for TODAY'S cruise. Now the have let us into the terminal and as soon as the desks open we will be allowed up to board. It is better than expected. 

Looks like yesterday's fiasco made a dent in Celebrity's plans, hope that translates positively for ours.

I don’t know when your cruise is, but Celebrity was providing free tests at the port yesterday and today because the email informing cruisers of the necessity of a negative test before sailing only went out Friday afternoon.  For Edge and Equinox sailings next weekend there will be no testing at the port and people are expected to bring a negative test result of their own.

53 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I don’t know when your cruise is, but Celebrity was providing free tests at the port yesterday and today because the email informing cruisers of the necessity of a negative test before sailing only went out Friday afternoon.  For Edge and Equinox sailings next weekend there will be no testing at the port and people are expected to bring a negative test result of their own.

yes, it was just for this weekend. Everyone will have to have a test prior to arriving at the port for future cruises. Not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mek said:

The other thing is - not sure I want to risk everything if there is a chance we will be tested during the cruise and have to be quarantined and sent home.

We are fully vaccinated, so I'm not overly concerned about Covid or any variants, but it does appear some vaccinated people are testing positive and I don't want a vacation interrupted by that possibility.  

Again, this isn't something I signed up for in October, 2019.  Guess I can just say that's what I get for booking a NRD, but I did purchase insurance that covered our pre-existing conditions, so I really thought I had all the bases covered.

I think I will call Royal tomorrow.  There can't be that many people left who booked cruises pre-covid and honestly I think anyone who falls into that category should be given a few extra options.

So, how does it work… when they send you home?

Do they say hey we are going to put you covid positive people on an airplane from where ever you are in the Caribbean?  Or do they send you to a hospital or hotel to quarantine to be held until it is safe for you to fly home?

Yes, what exactly are the options….

jc

• Thanks 1