Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

10 hours ago, cruisegus said:

everyone leaving from a US port till Dec 31

9 hours ago, tserface said:

Yeah, on Royals site it only says through August for Seattle too.  That could change any time.  They don't seem to be giving people a lot of warning.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=seattle

9 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

On Friday Florida sailings listed through December 31.  Now same page is changed to through August.   Who knows???  

On Michael Bayley's FB page he said for now it is only thru August.  Doesn't mean it isn't going to be extended 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BND said:

I would think making it Dec 31 is too far out.  A lot can change. The current requirement has to do with the Delta variant which shouldn't be an issue by then. I bet the Dec 31 was a typo.

I hope so, we have an Odyssey cruise in November and a week later Brilliance right after thanksgiving. If a test is still needed, I would probably cancel the brilliance cruise, it would probably be too much aggravation to find where to get tested around the holiday

15 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I didn’t see that in his page, but on their website it is saying thru August now. 

Not in the FAQ

For Cruises Departing from Florida

For guests on cruises departing from Florida homeports from August 1 through December 31, 2021, the following requirements apply. 

PRE-CRUISE TESTING REQUIREMENT

PRE-CRUISE TEST FOR ALL GUESTS ON SAILINGS 5 NIGHTS OR LONGER

• All guests age 2 and older — regardless of vaccination status — will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation. Guests will need to show their negative test result upon arriving at the terminal. The results can be printed out, or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Not in the FAQ

For Cruises Departing from Florida

For guests on cruises departing from Florida homeports from August 1 through December 31, 2021, the following requirements apply. 

PRE-CRUISE TESTING REQUIREMENT

PRE-CRUISE TEST FOR ALL GUESTS ON SAILINGS 5 NIGHTS OR LONGER

• All guests age 2 and older — regardless of vaccination status — will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation. Guests will need to show their negative test result upon arriving at the terminal. The results can be printed out, or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

Can you post a LINK to where this is? I looked around this morning and can’t find where this is. I want to bookmark it so I can keep checking..thanks.

The biggest problem I see is testing locations that give the antigen test. I'm in S.C. and they are few and are few and far between. Since Royal wants within 3 days, that's the only test you can hope to get back in time.

18 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Interesting. My Walgreen pharmacist told me they were not available due to having run out.

I’d find another Walgreens and/or CVS.  You have to make appointments for both of those pharmacies to get tested.  On their web sight, it shows the different locations where testing is available and you can set up a drive through test.

Wooops….just noticed your location.  Things are crazy there.  So, not sure how it works for testing.   Best of luck!

For those who are arriving earlier in Nassau, like me, The Bahamas now requires a PCR or antigen test 5 days prior to arriving for everyone 2 and up (antigen is okay for vaccinated folks). If you arrive a few days early, the RC mandated test suffices but if you're coming a week earlier, like I am, you need to take another test in the States. Check this testing schedule for my family:

Vaccinated adults: 3 tests (< 5 days prior to Nassau, < 3 days prior to cruise, 5-6 days into cruise)

Children under 12: 4 tests (< 5 days prior to Nassau, < 3 days prior to cruise, day of boarding 5-6 days into cruise)

I am all for testing, but this is really crazy.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:55 PM, dodgestang said:

Maybe it is location specific.

We are taking PCR tests on Tuesday next week and antigen tests on Thursday....both are no cost at the drug store in PA

What is your sail day?

I called for some clarification on the testing. The gentleman said 72 hours from sail date. My issue is we are arriving a day early and I really want my results before I get on the plane. I’m trying to figure if I can get my test on Tuesday 4:00pm if my set sail boarding time is 3:30pm on Friday. Has anyone done this and can you elaborate on the timing. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:04 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I hope so, we have an Odyssey cruise in November and a week later Brilliance right after thanksgiving. If a test is still needed, I would probably cancel the brilliance cruise, it would probably be too much aggravation to find where to get tested around the holiday

I'm really very close to canceling our 11/28 Oasis cruise.  I agree with you - simply too much aggravation with the holiday.  Vacations should be stress free and I think this would be anything but............

On 8/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, Itchy&amp;Scratchy said:

I had a rapid test at CVS about a month ago, and they called with the results within an hour. Negative.

Metro Atlanta.

A phone call does you no good. You need written proof either via hardcopy or on your phone or you will be denied boarding. 

55 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

A phone call does you no good. You need written proof either via hardcopy or on your phone or you will be denied boarding. 

they also send it to the CVS myChart. But they did call within an hour - which was my point: it only took an hour. 🙂 Which is a lot more than the govt testing site did.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

So if I go to Walgreens & get a Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW), that specific test will be accepted? I know they say Antigen & PCR, but what about just the rapid test?  I tried to go to the website & set up an appt, but they are only showing appts for the 6th, do they only open up appts two days prior to when you want to get tested?

For those got the rapid test from CVS,   how did they delivered the results?    I heard from several that they call you.    Can they email you the results or send you a link that shows the results?      RCI requirement is to have a proof to show them either print out the result or show them the result on your phone when checkin.

Thanks

20 hours ago, mzlisap said:

I called for some clarification on the testing. The gentleman said 72 hours from sail date. My issue is we are arriving a day early and I really want my results before I get on the plane. I’m trying to figure if I can get my test on Tuesday 4:00pm if my set sail boarding time is 3:30pm on Friday. Has anyone done this and can you elaborate on the timing. 

Its not 72 hours.  Its three days 🙂    Im also leaving on a Friday cruise out of Seattle in September. If its still a requirement then, I will test sometime that Tuesday and pray the results come back in time.  We only have PCR testing around here. 

5 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

For those got the rapid test from CVS,   how did they delivered the results?    I heard from several that they call you.    Can they email you the results or send you a link that shows the results?      RCI requirement is to have a proof to show them either print out the result or show them the result on your phone when checkin.

Thanks

All CVS test results are sent to their MyChart app. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ryano said:

Its not 72 hours.  Its three days 🙂    Im also leaving on a Friday cruise out of Seattle in September. If its still a requirement then, I will test sometime that Tuesday and pray the results come back in time.  We only have PCR testing around here. 

Gotta admit, as much as I love cruising (we've been on 30) not a snowballs chance I'd go through this nonsense just so I could cruise. There's plenty of other more relaxing ways to spend your vacation dollars. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ryano said:

All CVS test results are sent to their MyChart app. 

Thank you.   I just installed MyChart on my phone.    I have not gone to CVS to get tested yet.  Just want to be prepared.    Do I create an account on MyChart ahead of time or wait after get tested and they send the information or code to create the account ?    Thanks

13 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Gotta admit, as much as I love cruising (we've been on 30) not a snowballs chance I'd go through this nonsense just so I could cruise. There's plenty of other more relaxing ways to spend your vacation dollars. 

Isn't that the truth and it's even worse for people like me who booked their cruise(s) in 2019, prior to Covid. I didn't sign up for any of this crap.  Just a few weeks ago all things looked good for November and now that has all changed.  As a fully vaccinated person, I'm just about done with cruising until the hysterics are over.

Edited by mek
  • Like 2