The Daily for Sunday August 15, 2021

richwmn

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just minutes ago I spoke with Brenda by phone.  She was crying when I got her on the line and said the hospital had called at 8:30 and said Copeland's heart had stopped beating.  He has gone to his reward in heaven she said.  We are shocked and deeply saddened to hear this.  I really expected him to get better and come home.  Poor Brenda won't know what to do without him there - she said he'd lived with them for 20 years since her Mother had passed on.  DH used to spend lots of time sitting and chatting in the garage with him and he couldn't believe it when I told him.  Brenda is still not feeling well and has some fever lingering unfortunately.  She also said her eldest brother is in the hospital and not expected to live much longer.  Yes, Covid.

So please pray for them as they go through this trying time.  🙏

Oh no. Such sad news Sandi. Will continue keeping Brenda and family in our prayers. I'm sorry.

How are you and DH feeling? Are you out of quarantine? 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh no. Such sad news Sandi. Will continue keeping Brenda and family in our prayers. I'm sorry.

Yes, we are perfect.  Out of quarantine.  It was 15 days ago that DH was over there talking with Copeland in the garage, then he came down with it the following day along with his daughter Brenda.  Copeland was 91 years old.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Thank you to the Dailylite family for this thread.  Rich, Roy, the F&B department, posters.  Healing hugs 🤗 to those on the care list and cheers 🥂 to the celebratory list.  

@StLouisCruisers - Sandi so sorry to hear of Copeland's passing.

Thanks to all who have posted photos of the Chilean fjords.  We were there on 12/24/2013 and this is what we saw 😱 (or rather, didn't see).

_DSC0485.thumb.jpg.aa6b95f7e8ba4bd5208fb2f3f4cb1c90.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from central Texas.  We got a little rain yesterday and were supposed to get some more overnight, but just in case we didn’t, I let the sprinkler run last night.

An interesting collection of days.  The quote depends on the company.  We'll pass on the drink and the meal, but will have to check out the wine.

We've  cruised the Chilean fjords twice.  The first time in 1999 on the old Noordam in the pre-digital age.  The second was in 2015 on Ruby Princess with @StLouisCruisers Sandi.  I'll have to see if my pictures are different from others, but the scenery doesn't change much.

Lenda

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Just minutes ago I spoke with Brenda by phone.  She was crying when I got her on the line and said the hospital had called at 8:30 and said Copeland's heart had stopped beating.  He has gone to his reward in heaven she said.  We are shocked and deeply saddened to hear this.  I really expected him to get better and come home.  Poor Brenda won't know what to do without him there - she said he'd lived with them for 20 years since her Mother had passed on.  DH used to spend lots of time sitting and chatting in the garage with him and he couldn't believe it when I told him.  Brenda is still not feeling well and has some fever lingering unfortunately.  She also said her eldest brother is in the hospital and not expected to live much longer.  Yes, Covid.

Sandi, what a shock about Copeland.  He sounded like such a feisty and interesting person.  My condolences to you both and to his family.  Sending good thoughts to Brenda that she gets well soon, and for her eldest brother.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

15 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@StLouis Cruiser Sending condolences 

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers,I am so sorry to hear of your dear neighbors' death.Sending prayers to all of you.

Terry

12 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Thank you to the Dailylite family for this thread.  Rich, Roy, the F&B department, posters.  Healing hugs 🤗 to those on the care list and cheers 🥂 to the celebratory list.  

@StLouisCruisers - Sandi so sorry to hear of Copeland's passing.

Thanks to all who have posted photos of the Chilean fjords.  We were there on 12/24/2013 and this is what we saw 😱 (or rather, didn't see).

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, what a shock about Copeland.  He sounded like such a feisty and interesting person.  My condolences to you both and to his family.  Sending good thoughts to Brenda that she gets well soon, and for her eldest brother.

Lenda

Thank you all so much!  It's nice to know so many empathetic people come here to the Daily.  We all have to stick together.

My daughter just found out and said "I am here crying for Copeland and I never even met him, but he was a friend of Dad so I feel so badly".  Sweet of her!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! I will try to embrace Relaxation Day today. I don’t do leathercraft yet, but this may spur me into finally getting up the  courage to try botanical prints on some kid skin I bought for that purpose. Just not today. I’m relaxing.

Spaghetti squash sliders sounds like a funny but embarrassing garden moment you hope the neighbours didn’t witness. I haven’t been to today’s port.

Today is supposed to be a little less hot than the last few days were. The big news, though, is that the air quality index has improved dramatically! It’s gone from a pollution level of 10+ on Friday to 2 today.  We can even see the mountains. They’re hazy, but they’re there! I am even enjoying a morning coffee on the patio before it gets too hot here. I doubt the peanuts that germinated in the garden will produce anything, but I’ll heap them with mulch this winter and see if they come back. 
Happy Sunday! I believe the Eurodam sails today! That gives us two BHBs sailing with passengers. We have a fleet for Rich to report on again!

E1C8639C-E354-4590-A253-DB7C7683109A.thumb.jpeg.e00c01f7e4430d9e4285c13f913f93c9.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh dear 😔 I am so very sorry to hear his 😢 heartbroken 💔  Our deepest condolences and prayers of course, for Copeland (RIP), Brenda, their family and you. 🙏🏻 

Prayers for Brenda’s brother that somehow he can recover 🙏🏻 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

The big news, though, is that the air quality index has improved dramatically! It’s gone from a pollution level of 10+ on Friday to 2 today.  We can even see the mountains.

Good news indeed!  I hope the air quality continues to improve 🤞 

10 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

. I doubt the peanuts that germinated in the garden will produce anything, but I’ll heap them with mulch this winter and see if they come back. 

In my experience they won’t.  We have squirrels that dig peanuts in the garden and I let a couple sprouts stay one year.  Nothing the following year.  Mind you, your weather is milder than ours so who knows?

• Like 15

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So very, very sorry to hear this. What awful news. Our condolences to Brenda and family.

Susan

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers and condolences to Brenda.

So sad.

Graham.

• Like 8

Letting the water sprinkler run last night worked.  We had rain overnight and it is raining again.  This time of year, we don't get too much rain, so even a little is appreciated.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you to nice comments about my pictures yesterday.  We have been fortunate to book some unusal and often on-off cruises.  

@Horizon chaser 1957  Glad that your air quality has improved.  I'll will be interesting to see what the peanuts do over the next year.

With the sad news from @StLouisCruisers Sandi's neighbors and news about the Delta variant's affects on people, please be careful out there and wear your 😷 and take all the precautions we've been taking for the last 18 months.

I have a few pictures from the Chilean fjords, but not too many.  Let's just say the weather was not even close to it's best.  These pictures were taken between Ushuaia and PUnta Arenas.

DSC02783.thumb.JPG.b288fde3254638bb5c7f4ffffef1cd98.JPG

DSC02799.thumb.JPG.054f4f274cb4b799387f1f74238d9de7.JPG

DSC02812.thumb.JPG.30613a51ae2e73f5602231767994f819.JPG

Looking back down the channel at what was trying to be a sunset and the heavy clouds we'd sailed through.

DSC02803.thumb.JPG.29e56c9d7df9e81c328e4c11f8556078.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27

👍Thank you for The Daily Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists. I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor Sandi @StLouisCruisers. 😥

We've been on two Celebrity (Infinity) cruises to Chile and would like a return visit sometime. 😯Rocky experience one time...something about a wave set!!

This is my idea of relaxation🍷....sitting outside our lanai stateroom...not many left on HAL. 🚢

🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

FB_IMG_1603117930335.jpg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi

I am so sorry to hear this sad news.  Keeping you all in my prayers. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Oh dear 😔 I am so very sorry to hear his 😢 heartbroken 💔  Our deepest condolences and prayers of course, for Copeland (RIP), Brenda, their family and you. 🙏🏻 

Prayers for Brenda’s brother that somehow he can recover 🙏🏻 

41 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Copeland, @StLouisCruisersSandi.    You describe him as a man who will be missed by many.  My condolences to you and his family.

41 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

So very, very sorry to hear this. What awful news. Our condolences to Brenda and family.

Susan

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers and condolences to Brenda.

So sad.

Graham.

22 minutes ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you for The Daily Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists. I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor Sandi @StLouisCruisers. 😥

We've been on two Celebrity (Infinity) cruises to Chile and would like a return visit sometime. 😯Rocky experience one time...something about a wave set!!

This is my idea of relaxation🍷....sitting outside our lanai stateroom...not many left on HAL. 🚢

🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi

I am so sorry to hear this sad news.  Keeping you all in my prayers. 

Thank you my friends!  I remember a little over 2 months ago how kind Brenda was to me when she heard the sad news of my sister and her two great-grandsons dying on the same day.  She sent lovely written sentiment, a vase full of flowers, and her kind words in person when she learned of the tragedy.  I want to do at least all that for her.  She feels like family already and she's only lived here since December. 

• Like 19

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.9e8727d7cdacf273e845753e242c8459.jpeg
A very early good morning to all!!

It is after 5:30 am here and I got inspired to paint around 4 and just took a small break with some guava juice and got on CC!! OMGOSH just read 🌺Sandi’s @StLouisCruisers Sad news!!! I am so terribly sorry. Just so much sadness and at the same time happiness!! GOD BLESS

Copland May he be at peace.

@garlictown 🌺Katie, such a great relaxing picture of both of you! 
@cat shepard good morning sister❤️
@Seasick Sailor good morning sister❤️
🌺Love you both The Amigos!

@richwmn🌺 Thank you for our great Daily! Countdown on your cruise soon!

@rafinmd🌺Hope you enjoy your Sunday Roy, and your walk! I enjoyed

your photo today!

Well I think it is time to start my Aloha day. God bless to all, stay healthy and have a POSITIVE HEALTHY ATTITUDE FOR LIFE!!!

Mahalo🌺

Denise😊

• Like 16