The Daily for Sunday August 22, 2021

richwmn

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Great collection of days today. 

The meal suggestion sounds really good. Debbie @dfish, I’m so happy to see a recipe from Food52. It’s fantastic for food blogs, recipes and products. My favorite bowls are from them. This recipe seems really simple and easily prepared ahead of time. Thanks!

Roy, thank you for your lists. Prayers for those on the Care list. I feel rather guilty being listed 3 times though. 

I just started watching a fun new series on Netflix called Penguin Town that my fellow Daily Family might like. If you like penguins you will enjoy the series. 

Blue got a little upset last night when I started packing.  He wouldn’t stop looking at me with his puppy dog face and asking me to rub his head.  I find it amazing that he can remember what that means since we have only traveled once in the past 18 months. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19

Good afternoon.  All the chores have been finished, finally.

Quite a collection of days.  Does it count that my grandmother thought I was an angel?  I try, but the imp 👿  in me wins out a lot.  🤣  When I was little the Tooth Fairy left a nickel or a dime, and our DDs got 25 cents IIFC.  Wish we still had pets to share today with.

This afternoon, I might finally get around to a mending job that I've been putting off for several weeks, but then again I might not.  😁

Yesterday and today have been rather lazy days.  After dropping some things at the local thrift store, we took a ride in the cuontry just to get out of the house.  We'll probably go out again today, but in a different direction.

We'll pass on the drinks of the day and the wine.  Being Texans, Dr. Pepper (diet) is a staple in our house, but I'm not sure about a Flaming Dr. Pepper, especially without the DP.

I'll probably save the recipe for today's meal for another day, since we'll be finishing a casserole from a few days ago.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for the explanatons of the drinks and the Never BeanBetter Day.

@Heartgrove  It looks like Sam is firmly a member of the family.

@mamaofami  Carol, so glad Sam is getting better and better, and sending good thoughts for a full recovery.  Hope  🤞 the agency can find a vaccinated aide for you, but at least, you have Plan B. 👍

@ger_77  Gerry, I agree with @Horizon chaser 1957  that someone should have taken the boor's phone away from him.  Also, he should have apologized to all present after the service.

@TiogaCruiser  Good luck with the yard work and the sprinkler system update.

Best wishes for all the people in the path of Henri.  Hope there is not much damage or flooding.

With the surge of the Delta variant, along with all those who refuse to wear a mask or get vaccinated, and with the CDD's lastest about those 65+ sailing, we have decided to not plan a cruise for a while.  We still have two booked, one in May 2022 and one in June 2023.  The 2022 cruise will probably be canceled as it sails from Sydney.

Please be careful out there and don't forget your masks.  😷

Lenda

• Like 17

I made the chicken with lemon, kale, and rosemary today.  Oh, that was good.   I substituted chicken breasts as I don't care for thighs and I added some mushrooms to the mix.   I also used the little red potatoes as I read somewhere that they have more fiber.  I wish I had made more.

IMG_1123.thumb.jpg.25b7abb82e04ab2b2333748f8e27e21e.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Trying to post. Prayers for all that need them and lifting a gin tonic to those celebrating.  Happy anniversary @grapau27, many more. Today is als my DHs 76th birthday and I have a huge feast planned for the family. Very hot here today and we may get thunderstorms, sure feels like it.

take care everyone and wear your masks. Delta us making us super careful again even though the whole family is vaccinated.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Still "Good morning!" here, but only just!  Today I complete 80 years here on earth, and start no. 81 tomorrow.  I have been invited out to lunch with my cousin and her hubby, who  celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary on Saturday (I was matron of honour at their wedding, so long ago, I can't believe it!).

Congratulations to Pauline and Graham on their 40th anniversary.  Just newlyweds, and they look so young...  😀

celebrate_bday_agi_email_anim_v2016_ca-main._CB485953646_.png.f54aa02efc77a8847abb30abd13affb1.png

We visited Santarem on the Prinsendam in 2019.  We had a private tour which took us around the town, there is a market and pretty little church.

P1070975.thumb.JPG.8b402b2b3a04253110f80d9ac2f04dd2.JPG

P1070986.thumb.JPG.1e26d7e78cddc2927cd920f5d343e1c9.JPG

P1070999.thumb.JPG.7b545ad1c0a5447327242501e91ee9f3.JPG

The church's claim to fame is that Christ on the cross is looking upward, instead of down, as is the way the crucifix is usually portrayed.

P1080006.thumb.JPG.759a987b7b06c53837dff7491fc2d873.JPG

A floating gas station on the river.  P1070256.thumb.JPG.f0c4c080d94a2446e79715452370d2c5.JPG

After the town, we went into the jungle to see how rubber was harvested, and then to a manioc "factory" as has already been posted.

P1080051.thumb.JPG.cffe9363e84c341d70a3d0d5795d6339.JPG

P1080057.thumb.JPG.6dc516675c038640a7b03c9796d24ec4.JPG

We were given fresh fruit to taste, and the best banana I have ever had!P1080083.thumb.JPG.72fa2fc37df10247bf74de7cfcf0fbc5.JPG

P1080085.thumb.JPG.b867ccbc03ca905876f37cf3662e49b4.JPG

I think that is the most pictures I have ever put in one post!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, superoma said:

Trying to post. Prayers for all that need them and lifting a gin tonic to those celebrating.  Happy anniversary @grapau27, many more. Today is als my DHs 76th birthday and I have a huge feast planned for the family. Very hot here today and we may get thunderstorms, sure feels like it.

take care everyone and wear your masks. Delta us making us super careful again even though the whole family is vaccinated.

Happy Birthday to your DH!  Enjoy that feast!

Hasn't this been an awfully humid summer?  It's the worst!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Still "Good morning!" here, but only just!  Today I complete 80 years here on earth, and start no. 81 tomorrow.  I have been invited out to lunch with my cousin and her hubby, who  celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary on Saturday (I was matron of honour at their wedding, so long ago, I can't believe it!).

Congratulations to Pauline and Graham on their 40th anniversary.  Just newlyweds, and they look so young...  😀

celebrate_bday_agi_email_anim_v2016_ca-main._CB485953646_.png.f54aa02efc77a8847abb30abd13affb1.png

We visited Santarem on the Prinsendam in 2019.  We had a private tour which took us around the town, there is a market and pretty little church.

P1070975.thumb.JPG.8b402b2b3a04253110f80d9ac2f04dd2.JPG

P1070986.thumb.JPG.1e26d7e78cddc2927cd920f5d343e1c9.JPG

P1070999.thumb.JPG.7b545ad1c0a5447327242501e91ee9f3.JPG

The church's claim to fame is that Christ on the cross is looking upward, instead of down, as is the way the crucifix is usually portrayed.

P1080006.thumb.JPG.759a987b7b06c53837dff7491fc2d873.JPG

A floating gas station on the river.  P1070256.thumb.JPG.f0c4c080d94a2446e79715452370d2c5.JPG

After the town, we went into the jungle to see how rubber was harvested, and then to a manioc "factory" as has already been posted.

P1080051.thumb.JPG.cffe9363e84c341d70a3d0d5795d6339.JPG

P1080057.thumb.JPG.6dc516675c038640a7b03c9796d24ec4.JPG

We were given fresh fruit to taste, and the best banana I have ever had!P1080083.thumb.JPG.72fa2fc37df10247bf74de7cfcf0fbc5.JPG

P1080085.thumb.JPG.b867ccbc03ca905876f37cf3662e49b4.JPG

I think that is the most pictures I have ever put in one post!

Thanks for your photos!  And happy birthday tomorrow!  Lots of August birthdays and anniversaries.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, superoma said:

Happy BDay to DH!

Lori & George

• Like 9

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days! I'll try to be an angel today 👼, love the tooth fairy, and hadn't heard of the canine Bean before.

Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and I like the wine. The original drink I'd pass on - not a bourbon or gin fan. Also like Roy's meal.

I haven't been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm late today. First, I somehow slept almost 9 hours! I'm not sure how that happened. Then I wanted to get the lawn mowed and edged before it got too hot out.

I have 2 MRI's and a bone survey tomorrow. I have some tingling in my legs so they want to rule out spinal stenosis.

@grapau27 Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline! Your meal looks scrumptious.

@ger_77 I agree about the boorish people who take calls amidst services, movies, etc.

@mamaofami Great on Sam's progress. I hope they do have a vaccinated aide. Glad your area didn't flood.

@superoma Happy Birthday to your DH!

@Vict0riann Happy Birthday!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list. Also prayers for those in the path of Henri.

Stay safe everyone. Wear your mask and social distance if possible.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Thank you for your anniversary wishes.

Sending happy birthday wishes to your DH.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days! I'll try to be an angel today 👼, love the tooth fairy, and hadn't heard of the canine Bean before.

Good quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and I like the wine. The original drink I'd pass on - not a bourbon or gin fan. Also like Roy's meal.

I haven't been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm late today. First, I somehow slept almost 9 hours! I'm not sure how that happened. Then I wanted to get the lawn mowed and edged before it got too hot out.

I have 2 MRI's and a bone survey tomorrow. I have some tingling in my legs so they want to rule out spinal stenosis.

@grapau27 Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline! Your meal looks scrumptious.

@ger_77 I agree about the boorish people who take calls amidst services, movies, etc.

@mamaofami Great on Sam's progress. I hope they do have a vaccinated aide. Glad your area didn't flood.

@superoma Happy Birthday to your DH!

@Vict0riann Happy Birthday!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list. Also prayers for those in the path of Henri.

Stay safe everyone. Wear your mask and social distance if possible.

Thank you for your anniversary wishes.

The meal was excellent.

We finished our tasting deserts before I remembered to photo it.

Prayers for your MRI scan tomorrow,I hope everything is okay for you.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Happy birthday to your DH.  
E27B112D-D7E5-4EFE-A707-8335B083E431.jpeg.4c887f6d4cbe2ebd7dbb883421b09e1b.jpeg

• Like 7