The Daily for Thursday August 26, 2021

richwmn

9 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

I joined Cruise Critic yesterday and started reading the Daily, past and present, immediately. I look forward to getting to know you all through this forum.

Have a terrific day.

Welcome, fellow Georgian!  We've only been here in Georgia 10 years though.  I hope you find Cruise Critic helpful.  😀

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

I joined Cruise Critic yesterday and started reading the Daily, past and present, immediately. I look forward to getting to know you all through this forum.

Have a terrific day.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy this great group of people

• Like 12

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Bindi thanks you for today! Bindi is advocating the establishment of canine support centers world wide.😎

49A49554-18B3-4573-816B-F8A7AA06C517.jpeg.da7b09291694be4e99080b797b8b3a09.jpeg

B164940A-89E2-4E01-AA8C-6C447812586C.jpeg.b8612dbba9b7517787974948ccb688b9.jpeg

Thank you for our lists Roy. Morning Dailyite family! Welcome @JAM37 Looking forward to getting to know you, too!

Wild storms this morning, but they seemed to have calmed down now. I am on call today for a friend undergoing her first chemo treatment at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for stage four cancer. The drugs being used have a 90% success rate for similar cases caught early. Hers is the first stage four case. Praying they work for her. 

The meal sounds great. Love seeing all the pics of the family dogs! The drink sounds serious. Looking forward to Summer’s recipe. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Borrasca Prosecco

Though info about this Prosecco is scarce, it is widely available with prices starting at $11.99. Consumers rate it good - very good. Might be worth trying. 

Veneto, Italy - Borrasca Prosecco Superiore appears brilliant straw yellow with intense strong floral and fruity aromatic notes. The palate is fresh and fruity with great acidity and lively finish. Enjoy with appetizers, seafood and fine cheeses.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Bindi thanks you for today! Bindi is advocating the establishment of canine support centers world wide.😎

49A49554-18B3-4573-816B-F8A7AA06C517.jpeg.da7b09291694be4e99080b797b8b3a09.jpeg

B164940A-89E2-4E01-AA8C-6C447812586C.jpeg.b8612dbba9b7517787974948ccb688b9.jpeg

Thank you for our lists Roy. Morning Dailyite family! Welcome @JAM37 Looking forward to getting to know you, too!

Wild storms this morning, but they seemed to have calmed down now. I am on call today for a friend undergoing her first chemo treatment at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for stage four cancer. The drugs being used have a 90% success rate for similar cases caught early. Hers is the first stage four case. Praying they work for her. 

The meal sounds great. Love seeing all the pics of the family dogs! The drink sounds serious. Looking forward to Summer’s recipe. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Borrasca Prosecco

Though info about this Prosecco is scarce, it is widely available with prices starting at $11.99. Consumers rate it good - very good. Might be worth trying. 

Veneto, Italy - Borrasca Prosecco Superiore appears brilliant straw yellow with intense strong floral and fruity aromatic notes. The palate is fresh and fruity with great acidity and lively finish. Enjoy with appetizers, seafood and fine cheeses.

You must be very worried for your friend today, yet trying to remain hopeful, I'm sure.  Prayers for her that all goes in the best possible way.

And I love seeing all the photos today of everyone's dogs.  I don't have one myself.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Welcome, fellow Georgian!  We've only been here in Georgia 10 years though.  I hope you find Cruise Critic helpful.  😀

Thank you. We bought our home here in 2017, but only moved in March of this year when my husband retired. I have already found Cruise Critic helpful and that's just what I have read on the HAL boards. I can only imagine how much I will learn exploring this site. 

• Like 20

Good morning from central Texas where it will be slightly cooler, but our humidity has returned.  I plan to get out early and get my grocery shopping done.

Women's Equality Day is worth celebrating as there have been improvements in the equality, but more improvements are needed for women and for other groups.  We'll celebrate our dogs who are now on the other side of the rainbow 🌈 bridge, and Bee our grand dog. We try to make our own luck.

Lik[e the quote of the day.  Will pass on the drink, but might check out the wine.  The meal sounds interesting, but without the brussel sprouts.  However, I'll take @rafinmd Roy's steak anytime.

We have been to Martinique several times and sailed past Mt. Pelee, but that was in pre-digital times.  Thank you @Cruise Suzy for the pictures.  

@Heartgrove Thank you for the picture of Sam, and that he had mostly good report from the vet.

@JAM37  Welcome to CC and the Daily.  You will find us the friendliest, most supportive place on CC.

Thank you to all the rest who posted pictures of their dogs 🐕 and neighbor's dog.  @kb4683 @jimgev @smitty34877 

@kazu  Good luck 👍with the Future Cruise list and the ever changing itineraries.  Love the pictures and the memes.

@aliaschief  Bruce, hope the flight delay does not cause problems.  Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Lenda 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. Yea, they found us a vaccinated replacement for our aide.We are so relieved. She will come next Tuesdaybwhen the present one leaves.

I will celebrate all today’s days, especially equality for women. 
I continue to have a daily battle with the long care policy. Yesterday they send me two pages listing all the days of Sam’s care , the cost for each day, and then not paid next to each day. I have the front and back of each check attached to the weekly invoice and was going to mail it return. Receipt but they don’t accept mail, so that leaves me asking the rehab place and the nursing agency to submit the same material for the third time. I’ve already spoken to a supervisor, but nothing has changed.A review of the company complains about exactly what I am going through. It’s lousy to be stressed about Sam and his health and have to deal with all this cr*p from insurance.

Stay safe out there.

Carol

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

Have a terrific day.

Welcome aboard Jam37. The Daily is the friendliest place on CC.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Yay for Women's Equality - we've come a long way, but there's still a lot more ground to cover.  Happy National Dog Day to all you pupper lovers - we're cat people, but appreciate your dogs from afar.  Loving all the dog photos today!  I think it's true that you have to make your own luck, but sometimes the stars just align and you win.

It's a bright, sunny day here on the "frozen tundra" so I can go out and do some deadheading of the potted plants.  It's nearly the end of August and the stores have displays of "fall mums" which are pretty dreary looking in my opinion, so I'll keep our mixed baskets going as long as I can before the cold weather comes.  

It's been a busy week - had to take DH to the chiropractor a couple of times already - he's done something to his upper back, and needed to have things tended to.  I've had a mammogram, a hair cut, and today I'm heading to the dentist for a cleaning.  When I went to the stylist for my cut yesterday, she explained the "colour emergency" that pre-empted my appointment.  Apparently someone purchased a hair colour from the dollar store, thinking she could save herself some money . . . the outcome was that the colour wasn't a lovely light brown, it was copper penny red.  LOL  

@JAM37welcome to CC - you'll find this to be the friendliest, most supportive group of people.  And I'm pretty sure the best looking, too.

@StLouisCruisersit sounds like you're going to have to spring for a new keyboard; I speak from experience, as I did the same as you, but mine was I Love Lemon tea - a bag I'd purloined from a HAL ship.  Thankfully keyboards are inexpensive!  

@mamaofamiI'm so glad to hear they've found a replacement for Sam's aide.  I'm sorry you're having such issues with insurance; that's something we rarely have to deal with here.

I like today's menu suggestion, but will file it away for a cooler day in fall.  I have a small package of cooked chicken breasts in the freezer that I'll thaw, and we'll have chicken Caesar salads for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses high tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. Thank you for the Fleet report. 

As Lenda posted, expecting humidity to be up with chance of showers late morning. Thinking of all on the prayer list today. 

I moved a bird feeder to a new location as Rocky squirrel was daily packing away all the sunflower seeds and basking on the platform feeder afterwards. Now we is trying to maneuver a "jump and land" and it's so funny to watch. He hasn't made it yet.

Going to take Allen to doctor appt. this afternoon, then Mahjongg this evening. We have some steak and chicken left over from eating out and I think I'll make it into fajitas for tonight. 

Prayers, Cheers and Blessings 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

Have a terrific day.

@JAM37 - Welcome to The Daily.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Made it to Atlanta in time for next flight. It appears that all of America is flying through Atlanta today!  It’s packed!

This is a very busy Airport.  Atlanta and Chicago O'Hare are among the nation's busiest.  Some call O'Hare: O''Scar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Good morning from warm but hazy San Diego.  We are receiving some drift from all the fires in Northern California, so that is impacting our weather here.

Women's equality is something to be celebrated.  We live now very differently than some of our ancestor women did.  Roy's menu sounds good, but so does Debbie's.  I'm trying to trim down for my cruise, so everything sounds good.  My role model is @JazzyV, who is doing great on that front.  As is my friend Sally, who has lost 35 lbs during pandemic, eating Lean Cuisines.  We definitely haven't had that kind of lock-down here.   🙃

Thanks for all the great dog photos today.  DD has pomeranians, and they are our grandchildren.  I salute DD's Pommies, past and present.   Kings among dogs.

Welcome @JAM37to the Daily.  😊   

@kazu, the future cruise listings...oh boy.  Very hard to keep up.

Today I continue yesterday's project, harvesting all my chili peppers and taking out the plants.  They will be replaced with succulents, as we plan to begin traveling a lot again.  Forever optimistic!  

Thank you Rich and all of our contributors for the Daily.  Wishing everyone a safe and very pleasant day!   🌴   🌻   🌵

Maxine

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

Have a terrific day.

Welcome!  

You will find that The Daily thread has the nicest people on Cruise Critic!

Stay Safe, Everyone!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

About a month ago I splashed a little peach tea on it when I forgot to put the lid on tightly on my insulated mug.  I cleaned it up thoroughly including absorbing droplets from the edges of the keys but I think that has come back to haunt me.😟

Was their sugar in our tea?  I hope not.  Many years ago a client spilled coffee on my laptop.  I cleaned the keyboard up right away but the coffee had sugar in it and the IT guy told me sugar fries the motherboard in time.  I had to get a new one 😔 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you for the Daily.

Have a terrific day.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and welcome to the Daily 🙂 

You picked a great thread for your foray into CC 😄 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Sorry to be so late.  Had an early morning dental cleaning that turned into  2 hr gum work.  I like all three days today.  And the quote is spot on.  Will check out Debbie's recipe for the meal.

Will go back now and read.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Vesper:

The Vesper or Vesper Martini is a cocktail that was originally made of gin, vodka, and Kina Lillet. The formulations of its ingredients have changed since its original publication in print, and so some modern bartenders have created new versions which attempt to more closely mimic the original taste. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1/2 oz Vodka, 1/4 oz Lillet Blonde, 2 oz Gin
Preparation: Shake over ice until well chilled, then strain into a deep goblet and garnish with a thin slice of lemon peel.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Lemon Peel
Drinkware: Champagne Coupe, Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 10.45.22 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4