Allure Vs. Harmony - Aug 2022 - Huge price difference - support needed

ljzelenz

Hello,

We are attempting to decide on a balcony stateroom for an August 2022 Sailing on either the Allure or the Harmony. 

My husband and I and our  18 and a 17 year olds.  1 - Cabin -  Balcony -  we have sailed 8 RCI cruises and have been on the Allure in the past as well as the Symphony.  Was scheduled for the Harmony in April 2020.  - Not big water slides - folks.

Harmony - Coco Cay - St Thomas - St Kits

Allure - Labadee - Aruba - Curacao

The Allure is pricing at 2,500 cheaper than the Harmony.  The Allure is an 8 night Southern and the Harmony is a 7 night Eastern.

Right now the Allure is sailing to Labadee.  Will they replace this island if they are still not sailing to Labadee ?  What would the options be ?

We would really appreciate Thoughts on the Allure ?   Seems like it is too good to pass up for the price. but are not sure if we are missing anything.? 8 nights as well.

We know the ship has not been refurbished since our last sailing ?   is this worth justifying 2,500 more ?

Also, any thoughts on the shows ?

Thanks in advance,  Lori

Both shows are great. Grease on Harmony and Mamma Mia on Allure. We just sailed on Allure and I love that she doesn't have the ugly Abyss obscuring the beautiful site lines, but that is my personal opinion. Harmony has Playmakers if sports are important to you, Allure does not. The allure is showing her age in some areas like the mini golf course and the decking around the pool, but we still would choose her in a heart beat in this scenario, In fact we are sailing on her on this itinerary when she does her repositioning cruise to Galveston . I would think that either Perfect Day at CoCo Cay or Nassau would be your Labadee substitution.

we were on the Allure in 2019 and will be on Harmony next week (only because it was a L&S from 2020, otherwise it's way more expensive than Allure). We'll be on the Allure again in May 2022 on the same southern itinerary. We loved it. Yes, even though it doesn't have the water slides or the Abyss slide. There is still a ton of stuff for older teens to do - we traveled with an 8 yo, so some activities were restricted due to his weight and height (even though he is tall and heavy).

• Like 1

Sailed Allure twice since the restart, still love the ship.

Harmony being newer has newer decor.  That hasn't changed for any ship that has been amped so a moot point in the realm of amplification.

It really comes down to slides and venues like El Loco Fresh.  Since Harmony doesn't have a Playmakers either that is a moot point as well.

Mamma Mia! is one of my favorite Broadway shows on Royal ships.  Grease is good, but Mamma Mia! is a reason to book Allure of you are into Broadway entertainment.  

Columbus the Musical is pretty good on Harmony though.  

49 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Harmony has Playmakers

Not yet and there has been no talk of her getting one.  Harmony still has Sabor.    

• Like 2

Haven't been on Harmony, but have been on Symphony and Allure.

If slides aren't important to you, then seems like a no-brainer....$2500 is a big difference.

I've also heard of people complaining of Solarium pool on Harmony if that is important (or lack of)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ljzelenz said:

Hello,

We are attempting to decide on a balcony stateroom for an August 2022 Sailing on either the Allure or the Harmony. 

My husband and I and our  18 and a 17 year olds.  1 - Cabin -  Balcony -  we have sailed 8 RCI cruises and have been on the Allure in the past as well as the Symphony.  Was scheduled for the Harmony in April 2020.  - Not big water slides - folks.

Harmony - Coco Cay - St Thomas - St Kits

Allure - Labadee - Aruba - Curacao

The Allure is pricing at 2,500 cheaper than the Harmony.  The Allure is an 8 night Southern and the Harmony is a 7 night Eastern.

Right now the Allure is sailing to Labadee.  Will they replace this island if they are still not sailing to Labadee ?  What would the options be ?

We would really appreciate Thoughts on the Allure ?   Seems like it is too good to pass up for the price. but are not sure if we are missing anything.? 8 nights as well.

We know the ship has not been refurbished since our last sailing ?   is this worth justifying 2,500 more ?

Also, any thoughts on the shows ?

Thanks in advance,  Lori

We have been on Harmony 2x and Allure once, but are hopefully boarding Allure next week and Harmony for Christmas.  I would probably choose the Allure for the extra day and the price alone, but I will report about the shows and refurbishment when we get back. 

I would pay more for allure over say liberty as I loved oasis class. I agree dont count on labadee or any port as who knows during covid. 

I've booked allure b2b dec 2022 and cant wait. Some say well it costs more than liberty, and I say it's worth more ... but harmony not worth 2500 more for 1 less day. Wish they would being back the double pts promo. 

8 days > 7 days

Mama Mia > Grease

Any Aqua show > Fine Line

$2500 > $0

Great aft view > purple monstrosity 

Small Solarium pool > no Solarium pool

Easy choice for me.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, ljzelenz said:

My husband and I and our  18 and a 17 year olds.  1 - Cabin -  Balcony

Quick question. I too have older teens. (Twin 17 year olds) and noticed that booking 2 cabins next to each other is often close to the same price as putting the 2 boys in the same room as the wife and I. Have you priced out 2 rooms? That might tip the scales even further in the direction of the Allure for you.

Edited by binro01

I booked Allure for September and took advantage of the double points and huge savings on a suite. Not much of a difference in ships to pay a premium for the other ship other than the slides which is of no consequence to you .

Take the money.

We just had to lift & shift a B2B cruise in December (out of San Juan) and we moved it to the last 2 weeks in January on the Allure. We live in Orlando and were thinking that going out of Port Canaveral would be really nice on the Harmony (we live literally an hour away). But, the price difference was huge (Allure was thousands of dollars less that the Harmony. Even if I factor in 1 nights hotel and parking.

You can chose whatever you like, but I'd rather save the money on the cruise fare and spend it somewhere else (maybe UDP or UBP, etc..).

2 hours ago, zanydoc said:

We have been on Harmony 2x and Allure once, but are hopefully boarding Allure next week and Harmony for Christmas.  I would probably choose the Allure for the extra day and the price alone, but I will report about the shows and refurbishment when we get back. 

There was no refurbishment on the Allure.