The Daily for Monday December 06, 2021

richwmn

Today is Bartender Appreciation Day - in Europe, St. Nicholas Day, and Mitten Tree Day

When you're in love it's the most glorious two and a half days of your life. - Richard Lewis

Meal suggestion for today - Turkey Casserold

Drink of the Day - Brunch Money

Wine of the day - Georges Vigouroux Malbec Cahors Château de Mercuès 2016

Destination of the Day - Sakaiminato Japan

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Caribbean
Koningsdam Destination Cabo San Lucas MX eta 12/7

Bimini Sands Resort BS
Nieuw Amsterdam

Bridgetown, Barbados
Rotterdam 08:00 - 17:00

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Eurodam 08:00 - 15:00
Nieuw Statendam 08:00 - 15:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea North Sea
Oosterdam Destination Rotterdam NL eta 12/7

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles CA US eta 12/12

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Long Beach CA US
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US
Noordam

1206NAmericaE.thumb.png.8b262f21042b715e2d8cb4ca5d6b4b58.png

1206NAmericaW.thumb.png.7e4581a90adc28b18f6711d712618e9c.png

1206Europe.thumb.png.caa780708b1d4a7662372ea7054fe279.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, everyone.

It looks like it will be a gloomy day here with rain and falling temperatures.  

Please include my cousin and her family in your prayers.  She had an automobile accident on Saturday and her 10 year old grandson was killed.  From what I can piece together it looks like she was probably at fault for the accident.  That is a hard burden to bear and she has been very fragile where mental health is concerned for most of her life.  

Today's meal is a good way to use up that leftover turkey in the freezer.  There are many different varieties of turkey casserole, so just choose one that suites your preferences.   This one can be made in advance and then frozen until you're ready to eat it.  https://dinnerthendessert.com/leftover-turkey-casserole/

1125623603_Turkeycasserole.thumb.jpg.ed3c1bd07f9486f13fe3dbb6db8e25d4.jpg

This one is a creamy casserole.   You can add in any vegetables you like or take out the ones you don't like.  Is the turkey all gone?  You can substitute chicken or even sliced smoked sausage.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/creamy-turkey-casserole/

Turkey-Casserole-SpendWithPennies-9.thumb.jpg.94e10b4c22584c8f6d2c92ce11f542ad.jpg

And who can resist Aunt Bee's recipe?   https://www.theseasonedmom.com/aunt-bees-leftover-turkey-casserole/

1523885347_TurkeyCasserole3.thumb.jpg.804171e52c93b54ed04d323dfbdfe51d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I wish I was in Europe to appreciate a bartender.🙂  Love St Nicholas.  Mitten trees are a wonderful way of spreading the warmth.

Amusing quote, but not true if it's true love.❤️

The meal suggestion sounds good, but I don't have any turkey in the house.  I hope the drink of the day and the wine are tasty.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's port.

We had snow yesterday, but it warmed up overnight and most of it has melted.  But we have rain and wind in the forecast so it could be a messy day.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 20

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Bartenders, Mitten Trees, and St. Nicholas all deserving of their days.  Interesting quote.  I'll pass on the casserole and have not been to Sakaiminato.

Today’s care list:

RIP Bob Dole
Dfish cousin’s family
Welfare of furloughed crews
Seasick Sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
Eruptions in Las Palmas and Indonesia
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice
SrLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma
Strength for smitty34877 and tana
summer slope awaiting biopsy results
From the rotation:
rafinmd undergoing radiation
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
Cruisin Terri Autoimmune problem
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Conclusion of Hannukah
5 BHB with passengers
Bon Voyage  Heartgrove Koningsdam and kb4683 Regal Princess to 12/9
Front Line Health Care Workers            
6 days for Seasick Sailor(
5 days for NCTribeFan and JAM37 (NA to 12/19)
Quartize Cruiser and Heartgrove (Koningsdam to 12/12_, Cruisin Terri (Rivie ra to 12/13), Sea Viewer (Allure OTS until 12/19) and  kb4683 (Regal Princess to 12/9) at sea
Welcome home Lynanken, Lindaler, Aliaschief and StLouisCruiser
An appointment for NextOne DDIL with Long Haul Covid
highland cruiser in Vallarta
Konibngsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s quote gave me a nice chuckle.  The meal suggestion sounds good and @dfish recipes look good as well.  We will be having leftover chicken pot pie.  @dfish sorry to hear about your families loss.  Everything is packed and DH will print our boarding docs again since we took an upgrade to a penthouse suite.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.1c0557960cae23dc7030d372191035a6.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Good afternoon from a cold, very wet and windy NE England.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for the various lists which are much appreciated.

St Nicholas day is special.

Mittens or gloves are handy when it is cold or for doing gardening.

Bartenders in general in Europe are not tipped like they are on ships or in the US.

Love is for life so don't agree with the quote.

Nice food but we are not red wine drinkers.

Prayers 🙏 always for all our friends who need them.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211206_120821.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

It looks like it will be a gloomy day here with rain and falling temperatures.  

Please include my cousin and her family in your prayers.  She had an automobile accident on Saturday and her 10 year old grandson was killed.  From what I can piece together it looks like she was probably at fault for the accident.  That is a hard burden to bear and she has been very fragile where mental health is concerned for most of her life.  

Today's meal is a good way to use up that leftover turkey in the freezer.  There are many different varieties of turkey casserole, so just choose one that suites your preferences.   This one can be made in advance and then frozen until you're ready to eat it.  https://dinnerthendessert.com/leftover-turkey-casserole/

1125623603_Turkeycasserole.thumb.jpg.ed3c1bd07f9486f13fe3dbb6db8e25d4.jpg

This one is a creamy casserole.   You can add in any vegetables you like or take out the ones you don't like.  Is the turkey all gone?  You can substitute chicken or even sliced smoked sausage.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/creamy-turkey-casserole/

Turkey-Casserole-SpendWithPennies-9.thumb.jpg.94e10b4c22584c8f6d2c92ce11f542ad.jpg

And who can resist Aunt Bee's recipe?   https://www.theseasonedmom.com/aunt-bees-leftover-turkey-casserole/

1523885347_TurkeyCasserole3.thumb.jpg.804171e52c93b54ed04d323dfbdfe51d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's accident Debbie and the really sad news of their grandsons death in the accident.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences to you and your family.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Love Mitten tree day and always appreciate bartenders on BHB’s.  St. Nicholas is loved by many.  

262539B1-23B7-4886-8E71-4DDA7AC03E05.jpeg.1cad0eafdba8b36ee7834021b6488eaf.jpeg

Not sure I like the Lewis quote.  Love lass much longer than 2 and 1/2 days - at least, it should.  Today’s meal looks good but we have no turkey in the fridge so something else we be on the menu.

Debbie @dfishwhat a tragic accident and such a painful time with the loss of such a young life  for you and your cousin’s family 😢 Prayers are winging their way 🙏🏻

@Crazy For Catsyou got the PS?  Woo Hoo! 👍 You are bound to have a fantastic cruise 🙂.  In response to your excellent meme:

667D05F0-C35C-45AE-A981-F0265C2AE10C.thumb.jpeg.458a4b55b3671dff15987f6d7a76743c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday, everyone!!!!!

78D8588B-E4FC-4112-A673-B7B942B5F4D8.thumb.jpeg.fae21af27cccc2b306ef95d2777af969.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 32
  • Haha 5

Good Monday morning.  REALLY foggy here this morning.  We always had a mitten tree at our school. It usually emptied after the first day.  The children were so happy to get new mittens.  I don't care for the quote.  Have not been to today's port.  As always will look forward to the photo's.  The meal looks wonderful, thanks @dfish.  Prayers for your family too.  @Crazy For Catsgreat upgrade.  @kazuyour meme's this morning made me laugh out loud.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Happy more of us are going on a cruise.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Brunch Monkey:

2 oz. Patron XO Cafe
2 oz. Hot Water
2 oz. Heavy cream, thickened
Coffee beans for garnish.
Method
Pour Patrón XO Cafe and hot water into a warmed coupe or Irish coffee glass.
Gently float thickened cream over the surface of the drink.
Garnish with coffee beans.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 7.17.48 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Morning Rich! Thank you for today’s Daily! Great combination of days. @dfish Debbie, I am so sorry to read about your cousin and her grandson. Prayers surrounding all of you. ❤️

Quite foggy here this morning. Bindi was a bit hesitant to walk down the street, since she could not see the houses.

625EC9DD-DDCF-4D8B-BF7D-3EA366BA90D5.jpeg.5df4b95659b2cec1699c86255172b9c2.jpeg

My tree decorating team helped me finish decorating! I am now officially ready for the Holidays! At least decoration-wise.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Off to Tai Chi. And then an aerobic workout with exercise balls! The sun has already started breaking through the fog, and the temps will be in the high 70s.😎

I wonder if they considered doing this on a BHB?

70C52CF3-5938-487E-B1BB-4DC830DA858B.jpeg.f79b77446a8c021c7486ac18cc0cc0d2.jpeg

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Georges Vigouroux Malbec Cahors Château de Mercuès 2016

This French Malbec has excellent ratings, but is a bit elusive. I found one a few online distributors with prices starting at $27.99.

Winemaker Notes

#93 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

This jewel of Chateau de Mercues results from intense work in the vineyard and chais. From plantations with over 6,000 vines/hectare, it is a rich, concentrated wine with a round, harmonious and very complex palate. A thoroughbred.

WS90  Wine Spectator 

A minerally undertone gives depth to the raspberry reduction and red plum compote flavors of this concentrated, focused red, with infusions of floral, tea and herb on the plush finish. Drink now through 2024.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone.

@dfish,I am so sorry about your cousin’s accident and her grandson’s death.Prayers for all of you. 

I hope there are plenty of children enjoying St Nicholas day and bartenders should be appreciated everywhere. I understand the quote but do not agree as love,for me at least,seems to grow and expand with the years.

We have not been to the port and will save the recipes for another day as dinner will be a roast chicken tonight.

@Crazy For Cats,enjoy your cruise and wonderful upgrade!

I am leaving for the big city soon to bring Tana for 2 different tests. it is rainy but hospitalizations  and COVID case numbers are up and the various hospitals have not allowed waiting inside . Tana is able to walk short distances with her portable oxygen by herself  which is an improvement.

Terry

• Like 25

24 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning everyone.

@dfish,I am so sorry about your cousin’s accident and her grandson’s death.Prayers for all of you. 

I hope there are plenty of children enjoying St Nicholas day and bartenders should be appreciated everywhere. I understand the quote but do not agree as love,for me at least,seems to grow and expand with the years.

We have not been to the port and will save the recipes for another day as dinner will be a roast chicken tonight.

@Crazy For Cats,enjoy your cruise and wonderful upgrade!

I am leaving for the big city soon to bring Tana for 2 different tests. it is rainy but hospitalizations  and COVID case numbers are up and the various hospitals have not allowed waiting inside . Tana is able to walk short distances with her portable oxygen by herself  which is an improvement.

Terry

Safe travels, Terry!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Today is Bartender Appreciation Day - in Europe, St. Nicholas Day, and Mitten Tree Day

When you're in love it's the most glorious two and a half days of your life. - Richard Lewis

Meal suggestion for today - Turkey Casserold

Drink of the Day - Brunch Money

Wine of the day - Georges Vigouroux Malbec Cahors Château de Mercuès 2016

Destination of the Day - Sakaiminato Japan

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Caribbean
Koningsdam Destination Cabo San Lucas MX eta 12/7

Bimini Sands Resort BS
Nieuw Amsterdam

Bridgetown, Barbados
Rotterdam 08:00 - 17:00

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Eurodam 08:00 - 15:00
Nieuw Statendam 08:00 - 15:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea North Sea
Oosterdam Destination Rotterdam NL eta 12/7

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles CA US eta 12/12

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Long Beach CA US
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US
Noordam

1206NAmericaE.thumb.png.8b262f21042b715e2d8cb4ca5d6b4b58.png

1206NAmericaW.thumb.png.7e4581a90adc28b18f6711d712618e9c.png

1206Europe.thumb.png.caa780708b1d4a7662372ea7054fe279.png

Rich, Thanks  for the fleet update.

• Like 8

Good morning friends!  It's cloudy here this morning, but we are expecting rain/thunderstorms this afternoon so we are going to be heading out to the grocery shortly.  We took a nice walk around the neighborhood early this morning but it was still dark out.  

@dfishDebbie I am so very sorry to hear of your cousin's accident and the loss of her grandson.  I can't even imagine the pain she, and everyone must feel.  Prayers for all of you.

@Crazy For Catscongrats on that penthouse suite!  This should be a great cruise for you two.  The Christmas tree meme was hysterical by the way.

@smitty34877Terry I hope today will be a good day for you and Tana.  I'm glad to hear she can get around a little with the oxygen, all by herself.  Take care!

Today's turkey casserole looks and sounds good but I think we are also out of turkey!  Imagine that! The special days of celebration today are interesting.  Amazing what things someone decides should be honored and makes it official.  The port of Sakaiminato, Japan is one we have not visited so I will be glad to see some photos if someone wishes to share.  

Thank you Rich for our Daily today and thank you Roy for the list keeping. Prayers for those on the Care list (and it's a long one).  Cheers for those with happy events and travels coming up.  Enjoy!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I know we celebrated bartenders the other day, but I'm happy to raise my glass to salute the ones in Europe again today.  Hurray for St. Nicholas, and I appreciate those who can make mittens to put on trees for others.  My forte is touques, but I've never tried making mittens.  I disagree with today's quote, but then I've never cared for the cynical humour of Richard Lewis.  

@dfishmy heart breaks reading what happened to your cousin and the loss of her grandson in the accident.  Prayers for that little boy's soul, and for your cousin and her whole family as they deal with their grief.

Brrr, there's definitely frost on the pumpkins this morning!  It's -24C and we're only expected to reach a high of -21; we've got a good breeze blowing right now so there's a wind chill of -33.  I'm glad we're staying in today!  I do feel for those who have to be outside working in these temps, although I know they dress for the weather.

I had my first kitchen failure in a long time yesterday - I went to make little shortbread logs but when I took them out of the oven, they had all sort of melted together.  I read and re-read the recipe, then realized it said to sift the flour and icing sugar (which I did), but I had always just measured it out before without sifting.  Well, DH has a big shortbread cookie to pick away at for the next few days, something he's already started on.  I'll be trying another batch today - this time without sifting, with hopefully better results.

I like today's menu suggestion - I don't have any leftover turkey on hand, but do have a couple of cooked chicken breasts I can sub in instead.  On a cold winter's evening, I think this casserole accompanied by sliced cucumbers and tomatoes will make a nice dinner for us.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to cheer on all who are celebrating today.  Stay safe, wash your hands, be well, wear your masks, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 24

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Spent awhile this morning in thought and prayer for ever person on our prayer list. A tragedy Debbie for cousin and family. Thinking of our Roy, our Jacqui, and our Jose. Safe travels for Terry and Tana.

It is a rainy and very windy morning. Our wind chimes sound like Westminster Abbey on Christmas morning!

I nixed the quote today. My love has lasted over 30 years. In love.. my sweetheart is my moon and stars.

Most of you know my mom and family were Bohemian and kept the traditions very close to their hearts. For St. Nicholas day, we anticipated gifts, candies, and a lump of coal..

The eve of St. Nicholas is especially fun in Prague. Parents bring their children to the Old Town Square where you can witness the tradition roughly between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. In small towns and villages, the three characters visit people's homes. The evening of December 5 is an exciting (and scary) time for children! Children also receive St. Nicholas presents from their parents and relatives. The gift, e.g. sweets and chocolates, can be put into a stocking and hidden somewhere in the child's room. The St. Nicholas tradition is supposedly based on a 4th century Greek bishop named Nicholas who is said to have left a gift of money on the windowsill of three poor girls to enable them to get married

I will not be making anything turkey tonight. I have a Committee meeting at 3 and will probably make a pizza and salad for dinner. 

Wishing you all a blessed day. Prayers and Cheers!

• Like 23

Oh dear. I am so so sorry to hear of the tragedy in your family @dfish.  My heart goes out to all. 

Absolutely love the fog picture @cat shepard.  So pretty.

Today it is going up to 70f/21c so we’ll concentrate on getting the lights wrapped round the trees before a big wind moves in and knocks us into more realistic winter temperatures.  Right now there is lots of noise outside as we are having a new garage door opener installed.  I am one of those people who drive off and then wonder if I closed the garage door or not.  Sometimes I’ve even turned back to check. (Always closed.) This new system will allow us to open and close it remotely, as well as having a camera and Amazon package drop-off access.

Very strange quote today.  I’m going to guess that what he puts out comes back.  

Wow.  A Pinnacle Suite for @Crazy For Cats!  Congratulations!

Turkey casserole is not for me.  I think I’m feeling chicken pot pie and broccoli though.  Have a wonderful day, everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Debbie, I am praying for  your cousin's family,  that is so sad.  

We bought a small Christmas tree yesterday, and will put it up and decorate it with plastic and wood ornaments.  This is Furnando's (the new cat) first Christmas, and he terrorizes every thing, but scares himself all the time.  We will put it up in the living/dining room.  Both DH and I have work from home jobs in telemarketing now, and we spend more time in that room than anywhere else in the house, so we will be able to see it all day now.

Off to the grocery store and pharmacy, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 22