Sabatini's breakfast menu

FritzG

There's really no menu.  Staff confirms that you are in a full suite and sits you down and then asks you what you want to eat.  They will bring a selection of pastries for you chose from.  Then you decide what you want and order it.  As you can see, I attached the menu but is very generic.  For example, I usually order eggs benedict with smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon.  

33.jpg

Thanks for the replies.  We thought it might be a simple menu, but you can order other things.  I don't usually have much more than room service fruit, tea and bakery for  breakfast, but I think I'll be showing up at Sabatini's.  

DH asked for corned beef hash. They didn’t have it that day but did the next. It was the canned stuff, but he likes that, and they offered it to him every day of the 2 week cruise. We figured it must have been one of those really big cans!!!

On 2/5/2022 at 6:45 PM, amypete said:

Do they have avocado or is that too pricey? I am currently on an avocado toast or a benedict of some type with avocado as well craze..... we haven't ever ventured too far off the menu. Need to do that! 

I asked for and received sliced avocado three times last week in the regular dining room at breakfast. I like it with my smoked salmon and also the day they served huevos rancheros. On the Caribbean Princess in December, they did not have it available the first day. One of the head waiters explained that the stores were not accessible at the time. She made sure to have it as a standing order for me the rest of the week. 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 3:45 PM, amypete said:

Do they have avocado or is that too pricey? I am currently on an avocado toast or a benedict of some type with avocado as well craze..... we haven't ever ventured too far off the menu. Need to do that! 

Since when have avocados been pricey?

On 2/5/2022 at 4:18 PM, dforeigner said:

There's really no menu.  Staff confirms that you are in a full suite and sits you down and then asks you what you want to eat.  They will bring a selection of pastries for you chose from.  Then you decide what you want and order it.  As you can see, I attached the menu but is very generic.  For example, I usually order eggs benedict with smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon.  

33.jpg

It’s so weird to us. We got upgraded to a family suite, years ago. We tried Sabatinis one time. I asked if they had something that wasn’t on the menu. I was told, no, the only things available are what’s on the menu.

We never went back. Breakfast was fine, just not all that I had read about. I think we are the only people  who didn’t get what’s special about it.

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Kmkub  You must have had the same Head Waiter/Assistant Manager I had.  He was inflexible.  Most times, they are very accommodating, within reason.

Thanks. Recognizing every human is different, so no experience can be exactly the same, after years of reading about Sabatinis breakfast, we were totally confused. At a minimum, off menu items shouldn’t be server discretion.

It was so long ago, I would have to hunt down my review to get specifics.

I recall the bread was cold and the butter hard, and not getting what I wanted. I’m easy to please, so it wasn’t exotic clavier or anything. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pamster said:

DH asked for corned beef hash. They didn’t have it that day but did the next. It was the canned stuff, but he likes that, and they offered it to him every day of the 2 week cruise. We figured it must have been one of those really big cans!!!

Have you ever tried it fried? DH was introduced to fried corned beef hash when he was in the service (Navy, Phillipines). Apparently, it's common in the Phillipines.

It's way better than just warmed up.

1 hour ago, masscruiser2010 said:

How late is Sabatinis open for breakfast?  Does it vary on sea days and port days?  We hate being forced to go to breakfast early.

Thanks

Open until 10:30am on sea days and 9:00am on port days including disembarkation day.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Have you ever tried it fried? DH was introduced to fried corned beef hash when he was in the service (Navy, Phillipines). Apparently, it's common in the Phillipines.

It's way better than just warmed up.

Fried is how I've always seen it.  I did not know that it came other than fried!  Not just fired, but fried crispy.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Fried is how I've always seen it.  I did not know that it came other than fried!  Not just fired, but fried crispy.

Yes, I was wondering about that, too. Just heated up sounds gross.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Pamster said:

Not to burst your bubble about getting corned beef hash special, but they probably use at least one industrial sized can or more a day as it is a daily breakfast item up in the buffet.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Not to burst your bubble about getting corned beef hash special, but they probably use at least one industrial sized can or more a day as it is a daily breakfast item up in the buffet.

It is not a complicated dish to make from scratch.