Central Park cabin - inner-city tenements

12 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

We loved our Central Park balcony on the Symphony in 2019. Pretty nice at night.

So did we.  It's especially nice in the evening when music is playing.  I guess it really depends on what you want to do on an Oasis class ship.  There is so much to do that spending a lot of time on our balcony is not a priority, but it's still nice to sit outside and have coffee or play cards.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, mek said:

So did we.  It's especially nice in the evening when music is playing.  I guess it really depends on what you want to do on an Oasis class ship.  There is so much to do that spending a lot of time on our balcony is not a priority, but it's still nice to sit outside and have coffee or play cards.

CP balcony is DH favorite, especially when the musicians are very appealing to him.  We have one of the oversized balconies in late June.  That will be our first summer sailing in a CP balcony; if it is too hot on the balcony we will retreat indoors (just like home)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

CP balcony is DH favorite, especially when the musicians are very appealing to him.  We have one of the oversized balconies in late June.  That will be our first summer sailing in a CP balcony; if it is too hot on the balcony we will retreat indoors (just like home)

that was the only downside to the CP balcony that I experienced. it was late june and there was no air circulation, so it was super hot and humid on the balcony. We're sailing in a CP interior room on Allure next month. Pretty view, larger than a regular interior, and really good price.

• Like 1

We enjoy the central park balcony cabins.  Cost effective, and we like looking down at central park and in the evening hearing the music.  I also don't understand why anybody, regardless of cabin type hangs clothes outside.  You should either hang in the bathroom or give to laundry service.

• Like 3

Anytime we cruise on an Oasis class ship we do a CP balcony.

Price wise outstanding. Love sitting on balcony and listening to music, watching people walk in CP with all the greenery. We don't need to see the sea at night as we seen it for years.

The night lights in CP are really pretty, too.

Do miss the CP perks they use to have. 

Just our opinion, as we all have options.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I doubt anyone who lived in a tenement would compare a cruise ship to it.

Top floor (5) walk up at 153 East 104th Street in East Harlem was nothing like it. And I don't think the ship has the IRT running directly under it or a fire station and police station side-by-side 75 yards down the street!

The police precinct was the one they shot for "Coogan's Bluff" when Eastwood arrived by cab.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

that was the only downside to the CP balcony that I experienced. it was late june and there was no air circulation, so it was super hot and humid on the balcony. We're sailing in a CP interior room on Allure next month. Pretty view, larger than a regular interior, and really good price.

Including our balcony discount, we snagged a terrific price on our CP balcony for a summer sailing, though we may not use the oversized balcony as much if it is as hot as you and others have warned.  Maybe our week will be a bit cooler or breezier than yours🤞
Or maybe RoyalUp will accept our suite bid

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We have not had a CP balcony before but are looking forward to the ones we have booked in March on the Oasis.  The price was less than an interior cabin, go out at night (when you cannot see the hanging laundry) and listen to any musicians playing below, and best of all...somewhere outside to hang my wet bathing suit to let it dry (to the dismay of my fellow passengers).  Even better, we are travelling with another family who has the balcony directly across from us.  Can we string a clothesline across CP to hang our laundry on? 😆

Best answer ever!!!!😁

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

That's why we booked ultra spacious oceanview cabins for our kids' families on our upcoming family trip. No balconies wanted with the little ones.

However, when we used to cruise with kids who were too young to be in their own cabin we found the balcony invaluable as a place for husband and I to sit and talk at night while the little ones fell asleep or napped in the afternoon.  Without a balcony we would have had to stand in the bathroom whispering to each other!  Needless to say we kept the balcony door locked and did not allow small children out there alone.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

All of this complaining about a CP balcony sounds like a first world problem to me. 

Cruising is a first world activity, so complaining about it or discussing it is also a first world activity. :classic_rolleyes::classic_smile:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG, that is horrible to hear about toddler left alone on a balcony.   Accidents happen in seconds.   Horrible!!

Unfortunately, there are no licensing requirements for parents.  😞

• Like 4

On 4/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, John&LaLa said:

Boardwalk just as bad

We're sailing on the Allure (3rd time} in mid May. We have a BW balcony. This will be our 4th one and like them a lot. We've had a CP balcony once. Didn't really like it as it was TOO quiet. We usually get ours across from Johnny Rockets. 

jd

36 minutes ago, MrCruzeaddict said:

We're sailing on the Allure (3rd time} in mid May. We have a BW balcony. This will be our 4th one and like them a lot. We've had a CP balcony once. Didn't really like it as it was TOO quiet. We usually get ours across from Johnny Rockets. 

jd

I have booked one of each on allure. I wanted the very end of the boardwalk and booked 2 different weeks then a friends cruise came up later. The boardwalk cabin went up in price and the one I wanted was booked the week before when I moved allure from feb 2023 to b2b dec 2022. So to save money I'm in a city park now the week before. Had to change cabins anyway. 

Have only had the ocean view balcony on oasis and it was too hot to enjoy sitting out there when I went. Waste of money for someone avoiding direct sun. Cant wait to see dive shows from my boardwalk balcony. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Neighborhood balconies can also work nicely if occupants keep different schedules, as the position of drapes as seen from public area can act as a signal.  For example, DH is often up before me and often sits in Central Park.   When I am up and open the drapes, he brings me coffee from Park Cafe (the nicest room service ever).  The similar signal could work other times of day if somebody was napping or working etc.