Favorite Celebrity Ship?

superduper123

Of  the current ships, we would prefer Equinox, Silhouette, and definitely EDGE in a Sunset Veranda with the 4 mdr plan. Looking forward to BEYOND..in the fall.

Least favs are Reflection...due to layout and crowded feeling.  And the aging  M Class ships.  Although they are a great size and layout, they have old systems like AC and plumbing,...even with planned refurbs.

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

Of  the current ships, we would prefer Equinox, Silhouette, and definitely EDGE in a Sunset Veranda with the 4 mdr plan. Looking forward to BEYOND..in the fall.

Least favs are Reflection...due to layout and crowded feeling.  And the aging  M Class ships.  Although they are a great size and layout, they have old systems like AC and plumbing,...even with planned refurbs.

You know the Reflection is the same as Equinox and Silhouette, except it has an extra deck/half deck and a much better sunset bar? Curious how you find the layout on it so much worse when 95% of it is the same? 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Just wondering whether you have been on the Summit or the Millie since they were “revolutionized.”

We’ve been on silhouette and equinox twice, summit and constellation once and 

loved them all. We have a another equinox coming up in January and are trying Beyond in April.

Not sure about Edge class but will give it a fair review. We haven’t been on a cruise in 2 year so even being on a tuna barge would make us happy right now.

Love me some EDGE.  I spent many a sunset in the Magic Carpet, just relaxing on one of their padded chairs or couches watching the sky changing colors sipping on Buffalo Trace.  One of my favorite things to do.

Beautiful ship in and out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Tough call.  If you like Radiance class ships, I'd bet good money that you would love S-class ships.

By the way, I absolutely love Summit, but I think my favorite is Reflection.  We stayed in a Signature Suite, and I would be all over that again if other ships had it.

I agree with you.... love radiance class and also love s class ships!  Definitely finding we like celebrity more and more over royal every time we sail either line!!  Not sure how many more royal cruises we will book.

16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This is very subjective.  When Edge Class was announced, we most emphatically thought it would not be for us.  We loved the Solstice Class…and E Class did away with our beloved Sky Lounge…and there is no shade at our equally beloved Sunset Bar!!  And the jarring appendage of The Magic Carpet!!!  And other things…

Then friends convinced us to join them on an Edge cruise and we did a complete reversal.  We LOVE the four MDR concept!  We love the king size bed.  We love the infinite veranda.

However, there are plenty of things we still love about Solstice Class so we’re happy on either class.

You really need to experience the Edge Class for yourself to decide.  

Like you I sailed on all the S class ships and very apprehensive to try the Edge until our February western Caribbean itinerary. My sister and I each had our own single cabins insides steps away from the pool. We loved the king bed and huge cabin. Did not miss a balcony one bit.  Loved Eden also magic carpet where we would get some fantastic aft views. Bartender was the best in Eden and made some lovely martinis, his own concoction.  Would sail on her again depending on prices.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Love me some EDGE.  I spent many a sunset in the Magic Carpet, just relaxing on one of their padded chairs or couches watching the sky changing colors sipping on Buffalo Trace.  One of my favorite things to do.

Beautiful ship in and out.

Have you sailed on an S Class? Curious how the magic carpet compares to the Lawn Club for relaxation.

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Retreat Sun Deck has large umbrellas to provide for the loungers.  More seating in the bar/lunch area.  Retreat Lounge has a bar you can walk up to ( no seating) but handy when the servers are busy. 
Liked  the artwork around the ship better than in the Edge.

Eden has more seating area for lunch.

Roof Top Grill has more protection from the weather.

So some things were improved with the Apex.

All good changes.

• Like 1

Hi, 

I have cruised aboard all three ship classes during the past year (Celebrity Summit in July 2021, Celebrity Reflection in Feb. 2022, and Celebrity Apex in April 2022) and honestly enjoyed all three ships. They each have their strengths. I think the Summit looks great after its major refurbishment. The Reflection is beautiful and crowding was not a problem because there were only 900 passengers on my cruise. I was a little apprehensive about trying the Apex, but I liked it better than expected. The Apex probably is my current favorite because I loved the ship's modern and innovative design, increased dining options, and Eden. 

I am booked on the Celebrity Beyond for Feb. 2023. Earlier this week, I saw an incredible price for a seven-day Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Infinity for Sep. 2022 (yes, I realize that this ship has not been refurbished like the Summit). However, I booked an AquaClass stateroom for the first time and I am looking forward to trying Blu.

My recent Celebrity cruises all have been excellent.

Chuck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Have you sailed on an S Class? Curious how the magic carpet compares to the Lawn Club for relaxation.

I’ve sailed the Sostice, too.  Love the grassy area on the S-Class.  But, still take the Magic Carpet for SAILAWAYs and sunsets.  More than once I’ve stayed on the Magic Carpet from sunset to well into moon rise chatting with fellow cruisers and the bartenders while enjoying a warm breeze and listening to the ship cut through the water.

During the day, I do love being in the grassy areas on the Solstice, though.

• Like 1

I've only been on M & S class so can't comment on E. Other than to say we've tried to book E class and can't get a balcony cabin.  I guess there are so few one must book a year in advance?? So in that regard I dislike the E class.

I guess I like the Equinox or Silhouette best. I like all the M & S that I've sailed on though.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Magic carpet not very busy when we were there and yes great views. Eden on deck 5 aft was another favorite spot to read while sipping a martini very quiet at times I was the only one there. 

Silhouette and Equinox are my favourites.  I noticed the greater passenger load when on Reflection in poor weather - it was impossible to get a seat in Bacio.  Tried Apex in January and thought it just so-so; won’t rush to book again.

6 hours ago, OysterD said:

You know the Reflection is the same as Equinox and Silhouette, except it has an extra deck/half deck and a much better sunset bar? Curious how you find the layout on it so much worse when 95% of it is the same? 

Not the same for us...,but  my memory fades as it was definitely  a one and done for us. It was an early  Ref cruise..total Miami DJ party vibe...not our style.

I recall that the aft circular bar cut the back deck in the middle and was often  populated by all day "stool sitters" .....not always a great vibe.,The bar location  forced  musicians into a corner spot so it was hard to hear the mellow music. The aft lounge style seating was also used more as "reclined lounging" than seating ....people laying all over each other and .more  all day drinkers. Totally overcrowded.

I also recall that the spa and Solarium were on different floors so it was not that convenient to enjoy both areas or use the lockers.

Also recall that the upstairs nightclub was not where it usually was located, and was truncated instead of panoramic  in order to make  more suites...

We felt crowded at the pool area and elsewhere, and BLU was not big enough for  AQ class guests and suite guests..who were given priority on our cruise....perhaps pre Luminae????

There were some spots we liked on the main  floors but think the sister ships were much nicer..  diff strikes for diff folks.  

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Magic carpet not very busy when we were there and yes great views. Eden on deck 5 aft was another favorite spot to read while sipping a martini very quiet at times I was the only one there. 

Agree on both counts.  You want a show and activities, the Martini Bar is where you want to be.  But, if you want to see some really good entertainment from some of the solo (or duets) artists, the Eden Bar is a great hangout.  It's also a place where they do some of the smaller activities on the ship.

Magic Carpet was never busy, which is what made it so comfortable to just take in the scenery as the ship sailed.

• Like 1

Yup, love the ship I’m on, but if have to pick:

M-Class, love the Millennium. M-Class is classic older cruise design and has what i think is the best at sea pool, the Spa pool which is very warm, saltwater with lots of ‘action’ and with steel pipes on the side you lay on and bubbles come up through it. 

S-Class, love the Eclipse. The overall design is fantastic. We love the Sky Lounge. 

E-Class. Our favorite. We’ve done Edge and Apex. Love the IV, Eden and I think the 4 MDRs are the best approach. The best part for us was the Ramp around the stern from Eden up to deck 6. Lots of quiet spaces to relax in.

So that’s my choice(s).

I love the different venues and atmosphere of each Celebrity Class.

den

My favorite is Millennium.   She was the first ship we ever sailed on 22 years ago.   I was apprehensive of cruise ship travel and I loved it and became addicted to Cruising.  

I guess Millennium is like ones first true love and holds a warm spot in your heart forever.