9:30 Flight from FLL on disembarkation day

nbsjcruiser

I highly doubt it.  In January we lined up for 7:30 walk off and didn't start moving until around 8 and it took a while to get through the terminal.  We had to get a cab since we were docked at a different port from where we started.  It was a mad house.  

If you want to know what is a safe time - look at the returns for EZAir - they will show what is a good time and most don't start I think until 11 am

Edited by Dar & Bob

25 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Think we can walk off on a Saturday morning and make a Southwest flight for 9:30?

When does your ship dock that morning?

• Like 1

I would not risk it.  I would think to begin with it is too early.  Even if you are able to disembark at an early time. I would think it would be a rush, stressful experience at best.  My peace of mind would be more important.

Yes if everything goes perfectly but it’s a risk if there is any delay in letting people off the ship. I’d probably risk it since it’s a Southwest flight. If you miss it you can just catch the next available flight and just pay the fare difference if any. I love SWA because of their flexibility.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What time does your ship arrive? 

Just as important:  how many ships are also disembarking? At Port Everglades in pre-covid times during high season (Christmas through Easter) there were frequently 7 ships at full capacity disembarking passengers on Saturdays and Sundays. 

• Like 1

Look at it this way..."Would it really give you stress if things did not work out as planned?"

Given all of the issues that ALL airlines are experiencing these days...I personally would pick a later flight.

Just tonight on NBC World News there was a story about the crazy surge in airline traffic and it highlighted Florida as one of the "hot spots".

• Like 1

Personally,I wouldn’t tempt it.   Can you get something a bit later ?   If it’s too late and would require too much time waiting in the airport, you could go to a resort for the day and enjoy a little extra vacation time

My cousin and family missed their 9:20 flight 2 weeks ago even though she walked off and was at 8:15.  She said the FLL airport was a absolute zoo with people screaming at each other at security,  She was lucky enough to be able to get a 4:10 flight home.

15 hours ago, cruiser419419 said:

I have gotten to FLL at 8:30am without any trouble. But you're relying on everything going smoothly.

Suggest booking two flights and cancelling the one you don't use - cancellation policies are great these days!

Southwest will not let you book two flights of the same schedule in the same day.  They will automatically cancel one of them (you don't get to choose).  I did that once (booked two different times in the same day going from home to seattle.  The following day, SWA canceled my preferred flight so i had to re-book.

it's in the fine print of the confirmation email:

Prohibition on Multiple/Conflicting Reservations: to promote seat availability for our Customers, Southwest prohibits multiple reservations for the same Passenger departing from the same city on the same date, or any multiple reservations containing conflicting or overlapping itineraries (such as departures for the same Customer from multiple cities at the same time). Furthermore, without advance notice to the Passenger or purchaser, Southwest may cancel such reservations

Edited by wolvey

I hate to admit it, the idea of rushing off before the masses, and possibly missing your flight sounds more exciting than sitting on your tuchas for 3 hours, in a loud terminal, surrounded by over-priced food and souvenirs.

fort-ft-lauderdale-floridafort-lauderdale-hollywood-international-airport-fllterminal-2insidepassenger-gateseatingcrowdedmanwomanluggagefl1-2A6MF1D.jpg

• Haha 1

Just not sure why anyone would want to add that level of stress and uncertainty to the end of what should be a relaxing vacation.  Princess promises that you will "Come Back New" but as soon as you start racing into hyperdrive trying to make sure that every little thing goes off without a hitch so that you can catch your flight, the "New" you will transform right back into the old, stressed you.  Let the afterglow of your vacation linger a little longer and plan a return flight that is stress-free.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

I hate to admit it, the idea of rushing off before the masses, and possibly missing your flight sounds more exciting than sitting on your tuchas for 3 hours, in a loud terminal, surrounded by over-priced food and souvenirs.

fort-ft-lauderdale-floridafort-lauderdale-hollywood-international-airport-fllterminal-2insidepassenger-gateseatingcrowdedmanwomanluggagefl1-2A6MF1D.jpg

I would agree but it does not beat missing a flight then having to try and get someone to help you get on the next flight and finding out you now have to pay full price for another flight and missing any connecting flights. Will take the loud terminal amyday.

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Just not sure why anyone would want to add that level of stress and uncertainty to the end of what should be a relaxing vacation.  Princess promises that you will "Come Back New" but as soon as you start racing into hyperdrive trying to make sure that every little thing goes off without a hitch so that you can catch your flight, the "New" you will transform right back into the old, stressed you.  Let the afterglow of your vacation linger a little longer and plan a return flight that is stress-free.  

But it doesn’t have to be stressful….in October I am disembarking the Regal in Piraeus and have a 9:45 flight to one of the islands for a week. Why did I book such an early flight? Because it’s Saturday and that’s the only flight available that day. Sure I could spend the night and fly the next day, but I would rather do that only if I miss the flight I’m already booked for. Not everyone is in a rush to end their vacation.